IndiaDivine.org

Pudding....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

....is the soya pudding the Alpro Soya chocolate one???? :-) Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: Peter, A big hug for that... my son who is 11 said something very insightful.. he said.. the animal already sufferred mommy.. don't throw it in the bin now! I appreciate your words of reassurance and encouragement... I went to the store and bought some things today.. Mayola, and some other alternative things.. its been fun tasting the different things... soya yoghurt and soya pudding... the pudding is to die for.. the yoghurt.. I can get used to its just a little bit different. Thank you so much for all your advice.. y'all are amazing and I know I have done the right thing. Ginapeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Gina, You have already bought all those leather items, and if you cant afford to replace them what damage are you doing by using them? As things wear out you will no doubt by vegan alternatives ( not many cars have leather seats ?) there are plenty of vegan shoes/ furniture etc out there. And indeed to not use the items you have bought would be a waste of resources, unles recycled ( give to charity shops etc). So dont sweat it, weve all been there on our transition to vegan. You are not alone or judged! The Valley Vegan...................Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: J-S I see what you are saying and I do think I will definitely appear as a hypocrite...the only problem is

this... my new car has all leather seats... our living room suite... all my bags.... most of my shoes... I am absolutely aghast at the amount of flesh I have in this house and appalled as well. I am ashamed to admit it.. especially in this forum... I can't very well toss out the car.. and the suite.. well... I may as well toss out my husband then he is a Finance Director and will be tallying it all up... and not with a smile on his face! Ginagushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl wrote: I stopped using all my leather and wool stuff as soon as I became a Vegan.. if you don't, you will find plenty of people deleriously happy to call you a hypocrit - it's not worth giving them a chance. Best thing I could think of was to give it all to a Charity Shop - that way people who want it

don't create demand for 'new' leather / wool goods for a while - it's a very small thing and there are no doubt several ways of looking at it, but as you can't bring it back to life, it's either that or the bin. S-J xHamiltonsfitness wrote: Hi Gina,Welcome, when I became a vegetarian I stopped buying products made with the suffering of animals, but I didn't immediately throw out items that I already had. That would not have helped anyone or anything. But I did find an aversion to using them anymore, so after a short period they were redundant anyway. They are either at the back of a wardrope or have gone through lack of use.I don't think that there is anything that you will have to buy in future that you will be forced to buy from a cruelty source.stuart

hRegina Fay Brook Sent: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:11:10 -0700 (PDT)RE: Questionnaire AnswersMichael,I have ordered a bazillion Vegan cookbooks etc... and Vegan living books and have joined a plethora of newsletters etc. It is a major change in lifestyle... and I am realizing just how many things in my house are the products of cruelty to animals.. its a bit overwhelming ....Right now I am determined to be as cruelty free as possible.. but I am having mixed feelings about some of it... I will no longer be a leather consumer but do I have the strength to rip the all leather seats out of my new car... sadly, no... or to throw away an expensive leather purse that was given to me several years ago? How long have you been Vegan? Do you or have you gone through any similar issues? Becoming a teetotaler and tossing

out everything in my house that has come from cruelty to animals is not the easiest thing to do...Are there any other Vegans who have just recently "converted" who are also trying to reconcile what is right with what you practically have at the time.. will I buy any more leather? Certainly not.. but do you toss expensive shoes? Ugggh?GinaMichael Benis wrote:Don't let anyone put you off, it's all very easy really. You can get good introductory books and information both at the Viva! website and at the Vegan Society website.CheersM-------- On Behalf Of Michael Benis04 April 2006 16:16 Subject: RE: Questionnaire AnswersHi there Gina,Welcome to the group!If there's anything want to know while making the change - jus

ask!CheersMikeRegina Fay Brook, RN, BSNPersonal Homepage http://www.geocities.com/ginafay--------! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author,there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Guidelines: visit Un: send a blank message to - --------* Visit your group "" on the web.*

Guest guest

Yes! And I must say it is the most super yummiest thing I have tasted by way of pudding Vegan or non-vegan....mmmmmm its good!gushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl wrote: ...is the soya pudding the Alpro Soya chocolate one???? :-) Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: Peter, A big hug for that... my son who is 11 said something very insightful.. he said.. the animal already sufferred mommy.. don't throw it in the bin now! I appreciate your words of reassurance and encouragement... I went to the store and bought some things today.. Mayola, and some other alternative things.. its been fun tasting the different things... soya yoghurt and soya pudding... the

pudding is to die for.. the yoghurt.. I can get used to its just a little bit different. Thank you so much for all your advice.. y'all are amazing and I know I have done the right thing. Ginapeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Gina, You have already bought all those leather items, and if you cant afford to replace them what damage are you doing by using them? As things wear out you will no doubt by vegan alternatives ( not many cars have leather seats ?) there are plenty of vegan shoes/ furniture etc out there. And indeed to not use the items you have bought would be a waste of resources, unles recycled ( give to charity shops etc). So dont sweat it, weve all been there on our transition to vegan. You are not alone or judged! The Valley

Vegan...................Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: J-S I see what you are saying and I do think I will definitely appear as a hypocrite...the only problem is this... my new car has all leather seats... our living room suite... all my bags.... most of my shoes... I am absolutely aghast at the amount of flesh I have in this house and appalled as well. I am ashamed to admit it.. especially in this forum... I can't very well toss out the car.. and the suite.. well... I may as well toss out my husband then he is a Finance Director and will be tallying it all up... and not with a smile on his face! Ginagushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl wrote: I stopped using all my leather and wool stuff as soon as I became a Vegan.. if you don't, you will find plenty of people deleriously happy to call you a hypocrit - it's not worth giving them a chance. Best thing I could think of was to give it all to a Charity Shop - that way people who want it don't create demand for 'new' leather / wool goods for a while - it's a very small thing and there are no doubt several ways of looking at it, but as you can't bring it back to life, it's either that or the bin. S-J xHamiltonsfitness wrote: Hi Gina,Welcome, when I became a vegetarian I stopped buying products made with the suffering of animals, but I didn't immediately throw out items that I already had. That would not have helped anyone or anything. But I did

find an aversion to using them anymore, so after a short period they were redundant anyway. They are either at the back of a wardrope or have gone through lack of use.I don't think that there is anything that you will have to buy in future that you will be forced to buy from a cruelty source.stuart hRegina Fay Brook Sent: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:11:10 -0700 (PDT)RE: Questionnaire AnswersMichael,I have ordered a bazillion Vegan cookbooks etc... and Vegan living books and have joined a plethora of newsletters etc. It is a major change in lifestyle... and I am realizing just how many things in my house are the products of cruelty to animals.. its a bit overwhelming ....Right now I am determined to be as cruelty free as possible.. but I am having mixed feelings about some of it... I will no longer be

a leather consumer but do I have the strength to rip the all leather seats out of my new car... sadly, no... or to throw away an expensive leather purse that was given to me several years ago? How long have you been Vegan? Do you or have you gone through any similar issues? Becoming a teetotaler and tossing out everything in my house that has come from cruelty to animals is not the easiest thing to do...Are there any other Vegans who have just recently "converted" who are also trying to reconcile what is right with what you practically have at the time.. will I buy any more leather? Certainly not.. but do you toss expensive shoes? Ugggh?GinaMichael Benis wrote:Don't let anyone put you off, it's all very easy really. You can get good introductory books and information both at the Viva! website and at the Vegan Society website.CheersM--------

On Behalf Of Michael Benis04 April 2006 16:16 Subject: RE: Questionnaire AnswersHi there Gina,Welcome to the group!If there's anything want to know while making the change - jus ask!CheersMikeRegina Fay Brook, RN, BSNPersonal Homepage http://www.geocities.com/ginafay--------! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author,there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it

snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Guidelines: visit Un: send a blank message to - --------* Visit your group "" on the web.*

Guest guest

Can you beat a cold fresh pear?

Regina Fay Brook <ginafay

Thu, 6 Apr 2006 03:39:02 -0700 (PDT)

Re: Pudding....

Yes! And I must say it is the most super yummiest thing I have

tasted by way of pudding Vegan or non-vegan....mmmmmm its good!

gushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl wrote: ...is the soya

pudding the Alpro Soya chocolate one???? :-)

Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote:

Peter,

A big hug for that... my son who is 11 said something very

insightful.. he said.. the animal already sufferred mommy.. don't throw

it in the bin now! I appreciate your words of reassurance and

encouragement... I went to the store and bought some things today..

Mayola, and some other alternative things.. its been fun tasting the

different things... soya yoghurt and soya pudding... the pudding is to

die for.. the yoghurt.. I can get used to its just a little bit

different. Thank you so much for all your advice.. y'all are amazing

and I know I have done the right thing.

Gina

peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

Gina,

You have already bought all those leather items, and if you cant

afford to replace them what damage are you doing by using them? As

things wear out you will no doubt by vegan alternatives ( not many cars

have leather seats ?) there are plenty of vegan shoes/ furniture etc

out there. And indeed to not use the items you have bought would be a

waste of resources, unles recycled ( give to charity shops etc). So

dont sweat it, weve all been there on our transition to vegan. You are

not alone or judged!

The Valley Vegan...................

Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote:

J-S

I see what you are saying and I do think I will definitely appear as a

hypocrite...the only problem is this... my new car has all leather

seats... our living room suite... all my bags.... most of my shoes... I

am absolutely aghast at the amount of flesh I have in this house and

appalled as well. I am ashamed to admit it.. especially in this

forum...

I can't very well toss out the car.. and the suite.. well... I may as

well toss out my husband then he is a Finance Director and will be

tallying it all up... and not with a smile on his face!

Gina

gushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl wrote:

I stopped using all my leather and wool stuff as soon as I became a

Vegan.. if you don't, you will find plenty of people deleriously happy

to call you a hypocrit - it's not worth giving them a chance. Best

thing I could think of was to give it all to a Charity Shop - that way

people who want it don't create demand for 'new' leather / wool goods

for a while - it's a very small thing and there are no doubt several

ways of looking at it, but as you can't bring it back to life, it's

either that or the bin.

S-J x

Hamiltonsfitness wrote:

Hi Gina,

Welcome, when I became a vegetarian I stopped buying products made with

the suffering of animals, but I didn't immediately throw out items that

I already had. That would not have helped anyone or anything. But I did

find an aversion to using them anymore, so after a short period they

were redundant anyway. They are either at the back of a wardrope or

have gone through lack of use.

I don't think that there is anything that you will have to buy in

future that you will be forced to buy from a cruelty source.

stuart h

Regina Fay Brook

Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:11:10 -0700 (PDT)

RE: Questionnaire Answers

Michael,

I have ordered a bazillion Vegan cookbooks etc... and Vegan living

books and have joined a plethora of newsletters etc. It is a major

change in lifestyle... and I am realizing just how many things in my

house are the products of cruelty to animals.. its a bit overwhelming

.....Right now I am determined to be as cruelty free as possible.. but I

am having mixed feelings about some of it... I will no longer be a

leather consumer but do I have the strength to rip the all leather

seats out of my new car... sadly, no... or to throw away an expensive

leather purse that was given to me several years ago? How long have you

been Vegan? Do you or have you gone through any similar issues?

Becoming a teetotaler and tossing out everything in my house that has

come from cruelty to animals is not the easiest thing to do...

Are there any other Vegans who have just recently " converted " who are

also trying to reconcile what is right with what you practically have

at the time.. will I buy any more leather? Certainly not.. but do you

toss expensive shoes? Ugggh?

Gina

Michael Benis wrote:

Don't let anyone put you off, it's all very easy really. You can get

good introductory books and information both at the Viva! website and

at the Vegan Society website.

Cheers

M

--------

On

Behalf Of Michael Benis

04 April 2006 16:16

RE: Questionnaire Answers

Hi there Gina,

Welcome to the group!

If there's anything want to know while making the change - jus ask!

Cheers

Mike

Regina Fay Brook, RN, BSN

Personal Homepage http://www.geocities.com/ginafay

--------

Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low

rates.

~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author,

there may be another side to the story you have not heard.

---------------------------

Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guidelines: visit

Un: send a blank message to

-

--------

* Visit your group " " on the web.

Guest guest

A cold fresh pair of what?......phnar,phnar............sorry slipped into Carry On mode there! The Valley Vegan...............Hamiltonsfitness wrote: Can you beat a cold fresh pear?Regina Fay Brook Sent: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 03:39:02 -0700 (PDT)Re: Pudding....Yes! And I must say it is the most super yummiest thing I have tasted by way of pudding Vegan or non-vegan....mmmmmm its good!gushoneybungirl wrote: ...is the soya pudding the Alpro Soya chocolate one???? :-)Regina Fay Brook wrote:Peter,A big hug for that... my son who is 11 said something very insightful.. he said.. the animal already sufferred

mommy.. don't throw it in the bin now! I appreciate your words of reassurance and encouragement... I went to the store and bought some things today.. Mayola, and some other alternative things.. its been fun tasting the different things... soya yoghurt and soya pudding... the pudding is to die for.. the yoghurt.. I can get used to its just a little bit different. Thank you so much for all your advice.. y'all are amazing and I know I have done the right thing.Ginapeter hurd wrote:Gina,You have already bought all those leather items, and if you cant afford to replace them what damage are you doing by using them? As things wear out you will no doubt by vegan alternatives ( not many cars have leather seats ?) there are plenty of vegan shoes/ furniture etc out there. And indeed to not use the items you have bought would be a waste of resources, unles recycled ( give to charity shops etc). So dont

sweat it, weve all been there on our transition to vegan. You are not alone or judged!The Valley Vegan...................Regina Fay Brook wrote:J-SI see what you are saying and I do think I will definitely appear as a hypocrite...the only problem is this... my new car has all leather seats... our living room suite... all my bags.... most of my shoes... I am absolutely aghast at the amount of flesh I have in this house and appalled as well. I am ashamed to admit it.. especially in this forum...I can't very well toss out the car.. and the suite.. well... I may as well toss out my husband then he is a Finance Director and will be tallying it all up... and not with a smile on his face!Ginagushoneybungirl wrote:I stopped using all my leather and wool stuff as soon as I became a Vegan.. if you don't, you will find plenty of people deleriously happy to call

you a hypocrit - it's not worth giving them a chance. Best thing I could think of was to give it all to a Charity Shop - that way people who want it don't create demand for 'new' leather / wool goods for a while - it's a very small thing and there are no doubt several ways of looking at it, but as you can't bring it back to life, it's either that or the bin.S-J xHamiltonsfitness wrote:Hi Gina,Welcome, when I became a vegetarian I stopped buying products made withthe suffering of animals, but I didn't immediately throw out items thatI already had. That would not have helped anyone or anything. But I didfind an aversion to using them anymore, so after a short period theywere redundant anyway. They are either at the back of a wardrope orhave gone through lack of use.I don't think that there is anything that you will have to buy infuture that you will be forced to buy from a cruelty

source.stuart hRegina Fay Brook Sent: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:11:10 -0700 (PDT)RE: Questionnaire AnswersMichael,I have ordered a bazillion Vegan cookbooks etc... and Vegan livingbooks and have joined a plethora of newsletters etc. It is a majorchange in lifestyle... and I am realizing just how many things in myhouse are the products of cruelty to animals.. its a bit overwhelming....Right now I am determined to be as cruelty free as possible.. but Iam having mixed feelings about some of it... I will no longer be aleather consumer but do I have the strength to rip the all leatherseats out of my new car... sadly, no... or to throw away an expensiveleather purse that was given to me several years ago? How long have youbeen Vegan? Do you or have you gone through any similar issues?Becoming a teetotaler and tossing out everything in my

house that hascome from cruelty to animals is not the easiest thing to do...Are there any other Vegans who have just recently "converted" who arealso trying to reconcile what is right with what you practically haveat the time.. will I buy any more leather? Certainly not.. but do youtoss expensive shoes? Ugggh?GinaMichael Benis wrote:Don't let anyone put you off, it's all very easy really. You can getgood introductory books and information both at the Viva! website andat the Vegan Society website.CheersM-------- OnBehalf Of Michael Benis04 April 2006 16:16 Subject: RE: Questionnaire AnswersHi there Gina,Welcome to the group!If there's anything want to know while making the change - jus ask!CheersMikeRegina Fay Brook, RN,

BSNPersonal Homepage http://www.geocities.com/ginafay--------! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously lowrates.~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author,there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Guidelines: visitUn: send a blank message to- --------* Visit your group "" on the web.*

Guest guest

Now try the vanilla flavour that they do, better than custard! The Valley Vegan.............Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: Yes! And I must say it is the most super yummiest thing I have tasted by way of pudding Vegan or non-vegan....mmmmmm its good!gushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl wrote: ...is the soya pudding the Alpro Soya chocolate one???? :-) Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: Peter, A big hug for that... my son who is 11 said something very insightful.. he said..

the animal already sufferred mommy.. don't throw it in the bin now! I appreciate your words of reassurance and encouragement... I went to the store and bought some things today.. Mayola, and some other alternative things.. its been fun tasting the different things... soya yoghurt and soya pudding... the pudding is to die for.. the yoghurt.. I can get used to its just a little bit different. Thank you so much for all your advice.. y'all are amazing and I know I have done the right thing. Ginapeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Gina, You have already bought all those leather items, and if you cant afford to replace them what damage are you doing by using them? As things wear out you will no doubt by vegan alternatives ( not many cars have leather seats ?) there are plenty of vegan shoes/ furniture etc out there.

And indeed to not use the items you have bought would be a waste of resources, unles recycled ( give to charity shops etc). So dont sweat it, weve all been there on our transition to vegan. You are not alone or judged! The Valley Vegan...................Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: J-S I see what you are saying and I do think I will definitely appear as a hypocrite...the only problem is this... my new car has all leather seats... our living room suite... all my bags.... most of my shoes... I am absolutely aghast at the amount of flesh I have in this house and appalled as well. I am ashamed to admit it.. especially in this forum... I can't very well toss out the car.. and the suite.. well... I may as well toss out my husband then he is a Finance Director and will

be tallying it all up... and not with a smile on his face! Ginagushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl wrote: I stopped using all my leather and wool stuff as soon as I became a Vegan.. if you don't, you will find plenty of people deleriously happy to call you a hypocrit - it's not worth giving them a chance. Best thing I could think of was to give it all to a Charity Shop - that way people who want it don't create demand for 'new' leather / wool goods for a while - it's a very small thing and there are no doubt several ways of looking at it, but as you can't bring it back to life, it's either that or the bin. S-J xHamiltonsfitness wrote: Hi

Gina,Welcome, when I became a vegetarian I stopped buying products made with the suffering of animals, but I didn't immediately throw out items that I already had. That would not have helped anyone or anything. But I did find an aversion to using them anymore, so after a short period they were redundant anyway. They are either at the back of a wardrope or have gone through lack of use.I don't think that there is anything that you will have to buy in future that you will be forced to buy from a cruelty source.stuart hRegina Fay Brook Sent: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:11:10 -0700 (PDT)RE: Questionnaire AnswersMichael,I have ordered a bazillion Vegan cookbooks etc... and Vegan living books and have joined a plethora of newsletters etc. It is a major change in lifestyle... and I am realizing just how many

things in my house are the products of cruelty to animals.. its a bit overwhelming ....Right now I am determined to be as cruelty free as possible.. but I am having mixed feelings about some of it... I will no longer be a leather consumer but do I have the strength to rip the all leather seats out of my new car... sadly, no... or to throw away an expensive leather purse that was given to me several years ago? How long have you been Vegan? Do you or have you gone through any similar issues? Becoming a teetotaler and tossing out everything in my house that has come from cruelty to animals is not the easiest thing to do...Are there any other Vegans who have just recently "converted" who are also trying to reconcile what is right with what you practically have at the time.. will I buy any more leather? Certainly not.. but do you toss expensive shoes? Ugggh?GinaMichael Benis wrote:Don't

let anyone put you off, it's all very easy really. You can get good introductory books and information both at the Viva! website and at the Vegan Society website.CheersM-------- On Behalf Of Michael Benis04 April 2006 16:16 Subject: RE: Questionnaire AnswersHi there Gina,Welcome to the group!If there's anything want to know while making the change - jus ask!CheersMikeRegina Fay Brook, RN, BSNPersonal Homepage http://www.geocities.com/ginafay--------! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author,there

may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Guidelines: visit Un: send a blank message to - --------* Visit your group "" on the web.*

Guest guest

My theory is that Alpro Soya Chocolate dessert is God's way of telling Vegans that they are doing the right thing! :-) S-J PS . Am always happy for a nice vegan chat if anyone wants to add me to their messengers :-) MSN - gushoneybungirl (I use this one most) - gushoneybungirl Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: Yes! And I must say it is the most super yummiest thing I have tasted by way of pudding Vegan or non-vegan....mmmmmm its good!gushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl wrote: ...is the soya pudding the Alpro Soya chocolate one???? :-) Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: Peter, A big hug for that... my son who is 11 said something very insightful.. he said.. the animal already sufferred mommy.. don't throw it in the bin now! I appreciate your words of reassurance and encouragement... I went to the store and bought some things today.. Mayola, and some other alternative things.. its been fun tasting the different things... soya yoghurt and soya pudding... the pudding is to die for.. the yoghurt.. I can get used to its just a little bit different. Thank you so much for all your advice.. y'all are amazing and I know I have done the right thing. Ginapeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

Gina, You have already bought all those leather items, and if you cant afford to replace them what damage are you doing by using them? As things wear out you will no doubt by vegan alternatives ( not many cars have leather seats ?) there are plenty of vegan shoes/ furniture etc out there. And indeed to not use the items you have bought would be a waste of resources, unles recycled ( give to charity shops etc). So dont sweat it, weve all been there on our transition to vegan. You are not alone or judged! The Valley Vegan...................Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: J-S I see what you are saying and I do think I will definitely appear as a

hypocrite...the only problem is this... my new car has all leather seats... our living room suite... all my bags.... most of my shoes... I am absolutely aghast at the amount of flesh I have in this house and appalled as well. I am ashamed to admit it.. especially in this forum... I can't very well toss out the car.. and the suite.. well... I may as well toss out my husband then he is a Finance Director and will be tallying it all up... and not with a smile on his face! Ginagushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl wrote: I stopped using all my leather and wool stuff as soon as I became a Vegan.. if you don't, you will find plenty of people deleriously happy to call you a hypocrit - it's not worth giving them a chance. Best thing I could think of was to give it all to a Charity Shop

- that way people who want it don't create demand for 'new' leather / wool goods for a while - it's a very small thing and there are no doubt several ways of looking at it, but as you can't bring it back to life, it's either that or the bin. S-J xHamiltonsfitness wrote: Hi Gina,Welcome, when I became a vegetarian I stopped buying products made with the suffering of animals, but I didn't immediately throw out items that I already had. That would not have helped anyone or anything. But I did find an aversion to using them anymore, so after a short period they were redundant anyway. They are either at the back of a wardrope or have gone through lack of use.I don't think that there is anything that you will have to buy in future that you will be forced to buy from a

cruelty source.stuart hRegina Fay Brook Sent: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:11:10 -0700 (PDT)RE: Questionnaire AnswersMichael,I have ordered a bazillion Vegan cookbooks etc... and Vegan living books and have joined a plethora of newsletters etc. It is a major change in lifestyle... and I am realizing just how many things in my house are the products of cruelty to animals.. its a bit overwhelming ....Right now I am determined to be as cruelty free as possible.. but I am having mixed feelings about some of it... I will no longer be a leather consumer but do I have the strength to rip the all leather seats out of my new car... sadly, no... or to throw away an expensive leather purse that was given to me several years ago? How long have you been Vegan? Do you or have you gone through any similar issues?

Becoming a teetotaler and tossing out everything in my house that has come from cruelty to animals is not the easiest thing to do...Are there any other Vegans who have just recently "converted" who are also trying to reconcile what is right with what you practically have at the time.. will I buy any more leather? Certainly not.. but do you toss expensive shoes? Ugggh?GinaMichael Benis wrote:Don't let anyone put you off, it's all very easy really. You can get good introductory books and information both at the Viva! website and at the Vegan Society website.CheersM-------- On Behalf Of Michael Benis04 April 2006 16:16 Subject: RE: Questionnaire AnswersHi there Gina,Welcome to the group!If there's anything want to

know while making the change - jus ask!CheersMikeRegina Fay Brook, RN, BSNPersonal Homepage http://www.geocities.com/ginafay--------! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author,there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Guidelines: visit Un: send a blank message to - --------* Visit your group "" on the web.* To from this

group, send an email to:- *

Guest guest

S-J, I must say I agree!!!! Oh, I have a question... I saw someone post about a Vegan Fair in Wales a couple of days ago... do those types of things go on frequently? I would love to go to something like that eventually.. I think it would be really nice.. a great way to meet other like minded people and learn alot more. Have you ever been to any? I am in Manchester (Worsley) and I don't know what is nearby but I'd love to know if there are any within an hour or so of me... Ginagushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl wrote: My theory is that Alpro Soya Chocolate dessert is God's way of telling Vegans that they are doing the right thing! :-) S-J PS . Am always happy for a nice vegan chat if anyone wants to add me to their

messengers :-) MSN - gushoneybungirl (I use this one most) - gushoneybungirl Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: Yes! And I must say it is the most super yummiest thing I have tasted by way of pudding Vegan or non-vegan....mmmmmm its good!gushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl wrote: ...is the soya pudding the Alpro Soya chocolate one???? :-) Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: Peter, A big hug for that... my son who is 11 said something very insightful.. he said.. the animal already sufferred mommy.. don't throw it in the bin now! I appreciate your words of reassurance and encouragement... I went to the store and bought some things today.. Mayola, and some other alternative things.. its been fun tasting the different things... soya yoghurt and soya pudding... the pudding is to die for.. the yoghurt.. I can get used to its just a little bit different. Thank you so much for all your advice.. y'all are amazing and I know I have done the right thing. Ginapeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Gina, You have already bought all those leather items, and if you cant afford to replace them what damage are you doing by using them? As things wear out you will

no doubt by vegan alternatives ( not many cars have leather seats ?) there are plenty of vegan shoes/ furniture etc out there. And indeed to not use the items you have bought would be a waste of resources, unles recycled ( give to charity shops etc). So dont sweat it, weve all been there on our transition to vegan. You are not alone or judged! The Valley Vegan...................Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: J-S I see what you are saying and I do think I will definitely appear as a hypocrite...the only problem is this... my new car has all leather seats... our living room suite... all my bags.... most of my shoes... I am absolutely aghast at the amount of flesh I have in this house and appalled as well. I am ashamed to admit it.. especially in this forum... I can't very well toss out the car.. and the suite.. well... I may as well toss out my husband then he is a Finance Director and will be tallying it all up... and not with a smile on his face! Ginagushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl wrote: I stopped using all my leather and wool stuff as soon as I became a Vegan.. if you don't, you will find plenty of people deleriously happy to call you a hypocrit - it's not worth giving them a chance. Best thing I could think of was to give it all to a Charity Shop - that way people who want it don't create demand for 'new' leather / wool goods for a while - it's a very small thing and there are no doubt several ways of looking at it, but as you can't bring it back to life, it's either that or the bin. S-J

xHamiltonsfitness wrote: Hi Gina,Welcome, when I became a vegetarian I stopped buying products made with the suffering of animals, but I didn't immediately throw out items that I already had. That would not have helped anyone or anything. But I did find an aversion to using them anymore, so after a short period they were redundant anyway. They are either at the back of a wardrope or have gone through lack of use.I don't think that there is anything that you will have to buy in future that you will be forced to buy from a cruelty source.stuart hRegina Fay Brook Sent: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:11:10 -0700 (PDT)RE: Questionnaire AnswersMichael,I have ordered a bazillion

Vegan cookbooks etc... and Vegan living books and have joined a plethora of newsletters etc. It is a major change in lifestyle... and I am realizing just how many things in my house are the products of cruelty to animals.. its a bit overwhelming ....Right now I am determined to be as cruelty free as possible.. but I am having mixed feelings about some of it... I will no longer be a leather consumer but do I have the strength to rip the all leather seats out of my new car... sadly, no... or to throw away an expensive leather purse that was given to me several years ago? How long have you been Vegan? Do you or have you gone through any similar issues? Becoming a teetotaler and tossing out everything in my house that has come from cruelty to animals is not the easiest thing to do...Are there any other Vegans who have just recently "converted" who are also trying to reconcile what is right with what you practically have

at the time.. will I buy any more leather? Certainly not.. but do you toss expensive shoes? Ugggh?GinaMichael Benis wrote:Don't let anyone put you off, it's all very easy really. You can get good introductory books and information both at the Viva! website and at the Vegan Society website.CheersM-------- On Behalf Of Michael Benis04 April 2006 16:16 Subject: RE: Questionnaire AnswersHi there Gina,Welcome to the group!If there's anything want to know while making the change - jus ask!CheersMikeRegina Fay Brook, RN, BSNPersonal Homepage http://www.geocities.com/ginafay--------! Messenger with

Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author,there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Guidelines: visit Un: send a blank message to - --------* Visit your group "" on the web.*

Guest guest

Yes, the last one was about a month ago, the guys from eatoutwales organise them at different venues, varying degrees of success and support, but the important thing is that they are happening and being visible. The Valley Vegan...............Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: S-J, I must say I agree!!!! Oh, I have a question... I saw someone post about a Vegan Fair in Wales a couple of days ago... do those types of things go on frequently? I would love to go to something like that eventually.. I think it would be really nice.. a great way to meet other like minded people and learn alot more. Have you ever been to any? I am in Manchester (Worsley) and I don't know what is nearby but I'd love to know if there are any within an hour or so of me... Ginagushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl wrote: My theory is that Alpro Soya Chocolate dessert is God's way of telling Vegans that they are doing the right thing! :-) S-J PS . Am always happy for a nice vegan chat if anyone wants to add me to their messengers :-) MSN - gushoneybungirl (I use this one most) - gushoneybungirl Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: Yes! And I must say it is the most super yummiest thing I have tasted by way of pudding

Vegan or non-vegan....mmmmmm its good!gushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl wrote: ...is the soya pudding the Alpro Soya chocolate one???? :-) Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: Peter, A big hug for that... my son who is 11 said something very insightful.. he said.. the animal already sufferred mommy.. don't throw it in the bin now! I appreciate your words of reassurance and encouragement... I went to the store and bought some things today.. Mayola, and some other alternative things.. its been fun tasting the different things... soya yoghurt and soya pudding... the pudding is to die for.. the yoghurt.. I can get used to its just a little bit different. Thank

you so much for all your advice.. y'all are amazing and I know I have done the right thing. Ginapeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Gina, You have already bought all those leather items, and if you cant afford to replace them what damage are you doing by using them? As things wear out you will no doubt by vegan alternatives ( not many cars have leather seats ?) there are plenty of vegan shoes/ furniture etc out there. And indeed to not use the items you have bought would be a waste of resources, unles recycled ( give to charity shops etc). So dont sweat it, weve all been there on our transition to vegan. You are not alone or judged! The Valley Vegan...................Regina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: J-S I see what you are saying and I do think I will definitely appear as a hypocrite...the only problem is this... my new car has all leather seats... our living room suite... all my bags.... most of my shoes... I am absolutely aghast at the amount of flesh I have in this house and appalled as well. I am ashamed to admit it.. especially in this forum... I can't very well toss out the car.. and the suite.. well... I may as well toss out my husband then he is a Finance Director and will be tallying it all up... and not with a smile on his face! Ginagushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl wrote: I stopped using all my leather and wool stuff as soon as I became a Vegan.. if you don't, you will find

plenty of people deleriously happy to call you a hypocrit - it's not worth giving them a chance. Best thing I could think of was to give it all to a Charity Shop - that way people who want it don't create demand for 'new' leather / wool goods for a while - it's a very small thing and there are no doubt several ways of looking at it, but as you can't bring it back to life, it's either that or the bin. S-J xHamiltonsfitness wrote: Hi Gina,Welcome, when I became a vegetarian I stopped buying products made with the suffering of animals, but I didn't immediately throw out items that I already had. That would not have helped anyone or anything. But I did find an aversion to using them anymore, so after a short period they were redundant anyway. They are either at the back of a wardrope or

have gone through lack of use.I don't think that there is anything that you will have to buy in future that you will be forced to buy from a cruelty source.stuart hRegina Fay Brook Sent: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:11:10 -0700 (PDT)RE: Questionnaire AnswersMichael,I have ordered a bazillion Vegan cookbooks etc... and Vegan living books and have joined a plethora of newsletters etc. It is a major change in lifestyle... and I am realizing just how many things in my house are the products of cruelty to animals.. its a bit overwhelming ....Right now I am determined to be as cruelty free as possible.. but I am having mixed feelings about some of it... I will no longer be a leather consumer but do I have the strength to rip the all leather seats out of my new car... sadly, no... or to throw away an expensive

leather purse that was given to me several years ago? How long have you been Vegan? Do you or have you gone through any similar issues? Becoming a teetotaler and tossing out everything in my house that has come from cruelty to animals is not the easiest thing to do...Are there any other Vegans who have just recently "converted" who are also trying to reconcile what is right with what you practically have at the time.. will I buy any more leather? Certainly not.. but do you toss expensive shoes? Ugggh?GinaMichael Benis wrote:Don't let anyone put you off, it's all very easy really. You can get good introductory books and information both at the Viva! website and at the Vegan Society website.CheersM-------- On Behalf Of Michael Benis04 April 2006 16:16 Subject:

RE: Questionnaire AnswersHi there Gina,Welcome to the group!If there's anything want to know while making the change - jus ask!CheersMikeRegina Fay Brook, RN, BSNPersonal Homepage http://www.geocities.com/ginafay--------! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author,there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Guidelines: visit Un: send a blank message to

- --------* Visit your group "" on the web.*