IndiaDivine.org

Firefighting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,

Still training. I've another few weeks of basic training (running round a

training ground all day carrying miscellaneous heavy objects), but these are

thankfully spread out over a couple of months so I we time off in between.

After which, assuming I pass the exam and assessment at the end, I'll be

allowed to go on calls, but will then have another four years' ongoing

training before I'm announced 'competent' (hopefully!).

I'm still not entirely sure I'm doing the right thing, in that I have to use

leather products which is less than ideal. But I'm still hanging on in there

at the moment.

John

-

" peter hurd " <swpgh01

Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:24 PM

Re: Questionnaire Answers : John Davis

> Didnt you train to be a firefighter? How did it go?

>

> The Valley Vegan..............

Guest guest

John, I think that is great! You'll have to keep us all posted. GinaJohn Davis <mcxg46 wrote: Hi,Still training. I've another few weeks of basic training (running round atraining ground all day carrying miscellaneous heavy objects), but these arethankfully spread out over a couple of months so I we time off in between.After which, assuming I pass the exam and assessment at the end, I'll beallowed to go on calls, but will then have another four years' ongoingtraining before I'm announced 'competent' (hopefully!).I'm still not entirely sure I'm doing the right thing, in that I have to useleather products which is less than ideal. But I'm still hanging on in thereat the moment.John- "peter hurd"

<swpgh01Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:24 PMRe: Questionnaire Answers : John Davis> Didnt you train to be a firefighter? How did it go?>> The Valley Vegan.............. Regina Fay Brook, RN, BSN Personal Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/ginafay

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

I think you are doing the right thing, you cant change the fact that they use leather products, so why let it bother you. The good of what you will be doing will out weigh the bad aspects. Keep up the good work. The Valley Vegan..................John Davis <mcxg46 wrote: Hi,Still training. I've another few weeks of basic training (running round atraining ground all day carrying miscellaneous heavy objects), but these arethankfully spread out over a couple of months so I we time off in between.After which, assuming I pass the exam and assessment at the end, I'll beallowed to go on calls, but will then have another four years' ongoingtraining before I'm announced 'competent' (hopefully!).I'm still not entirely sure I'm doing the right thing, in

that I have to useleather products which is less than ideal. But I'm still hanging on in thereat the moment.John- "peter hurd" Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:24 PMRe: Questionnaire Answers : John Davis> Didnt you train to be a firefighter? How did it go?>> The Valley Vegan..............~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

I totally agree.. as a nurse irregardless of how cruelty free I may try to be.. by way of medicines ie pharmaceutical testing and countless horrors that the medical community inflicts upon animals in the name of science.. I wouldnt be able to do my job at all.. I think being a firefighter is a very noble and honorable profession.. leather aside.. Ginapeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: I think you are doing the right thing, you cant change the fact that they use leather products, so why let it bother you. The good of what you will be doing will out weigh the bad aspects. Keep up the good work. The Valley Vegan..................John Davis <mcxg46 wrote: Hi,Still training. I've another few weeks of basic training (running round atraining ground all day carrying miscellaneous heavy objects), but these arethankfully spread out over a couple of months so I we time off in between.After which, assuming I pass the exam and assessment at the end, I'll beallowed to go on calls, but will then have another four years' ongoingtraining before I'm announced 'competent' (hopefully!).I'm still not entirely sure I'm doing the right thing, in that I have to useleather products which is less than ideal. But I'm still hanging on in thereat the moment.John- "peter hurd" Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:24 PMRe: Questionnaire Answers : John Davis> Didnt you train to be a firefighter? How did it go?>> The

Valley Vegan..............~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

With any luck they'll be using increased amounts of nomex and kevlar anyway....

On Behalf Of Regina Fay Brook08 April 2006 17:38 Subject: Re: Firefighting

I totally agree.. as a nurse irregardless of how cruelty free I may try to be.. by way of medicines ie pharmaceutical testing and countless horrors that the medical community inflicts upon animals in the name of science.. I wouldnt be able to do my job at all.. I think being a firefighter is a very noble and honorable profession.. leather aside..

Ginapeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

I think you are doing the right thing, you cant change the fact that they use leather products, so why let it bother you. The good of what you will be doing will out weigh the bad aspects.

Keep up the good work.

The Valley Vegan..................John Davis <mcxg46 wrote:

Hi,Still training. I've another few weeks of basic training (running round atraining ground all day carrying miscellaneous heavy objects), but these arethankfully spread out over a couple of months so I we time off in between.After which, assuming I pass the exam and assessment at the end, I'll beallowed to go on calls, but will then have another four years' ongoingtraining before I'm announced 'competent' (hopefully!).I'm still not entirely sure I'm doing the right thing, in that I have to useleather products which is less than ideal. But I'm still hanging on in thereat the moment.John- "peter hurd" Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:24 PMRe: Questionnaire Answers : John Davis> Didnt you train to be a firefighter? How did it go?>> The Valley Vegan..............~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

It's really really difficult to think of any employment that is entirely 'free' of animal exploitation connections, in a world where it is so rife. I work in the Civil Service (yawn!) and I used to have to use paintbrushes made of animal hair and paint made of beetles blood - these days it's all been taken over by computers and off the top of my head I can't think of a direct animal exploitation connection... but there are probably plenty of indirect ones! Even the voluntary work I do for the RSPCA, I'm sure that there are indirect animal exploitation issues there too if I think about it. S-JRegina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: I totally agree.. as a nurse irregardless of how cruelty free I may try to be.. by way of medicines ie pharmaceutical testing and countless horrors

that the medical community inflicts upon animals in the name of science.. I wouldnt be able to do my job at all.. I think being a firefighter is a very noble and honorable profession.. leather aside.. Ginapeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: I think you are doing the right thing, you cant change the fact that they use leather products, so why let it bother you. The good of what you will be doing will out weigh the bad aspects. Keep up the good work. The Valley Vegan..................John Davis <mcxg46 wrote: Hi,Still training. I've another few weeks of basic training (running round atraining ground all day

carrying miscellaneous heavy objects), but these arethankfully spread out over a couple of months so I we time off in between.After which, assuming I pass the exam and assessment at the end, I'll beallowed to go on calls, but will then have another four years' ongoingtraining before I'm announced 'competent' (hopefully!).I'm still not entirely sure I'm doing the right thing, in that I have to useleather products which is less than ideal. But I'm still hanging on in thereat the moment.John- "peter hurd" Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:24 PMRe: Questionnaire Answers : John Davis> Didnt you train to be a firefighter? How did it go?>> The Valley Vegan..............~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only

the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

Hi,

Thanks for the votes of confidence. I guess the problem with using leather

is more a personal revulsion to it that needs to be overcome in this case,

rather than a genuine reason for not carrying on.

John

-

" Regina Fay Brook " <ginafay

Saturday, April 08, 2006 5:37 PM

Re: Firefighting

> I totally agree.. as a nurse irregardless of how cruelty free I may try to

be.. by way of medicines ie pharmaceutical testing and countless horrors

that the medical community inflicts upon animals in the name of science.. I

wouldnt be able to do my job at all.. I think being a firefighter is a very

noble and honorable profession.. leather aside..

> Gina

>

> peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

> I think you are doing the right thing, you cant change the fact that

they use leather products, so why let it bother you. The good of what you

will be doing will out weigh the bad aspects.

> Keep up the good work.

>

> The Valley Vegan..................

>

> John Davis <mcxg46 wrote:

> Hi,

>

> Still training. I've another few weeks of basic training (running round a

> training ground all day carrying miscellaneous heavy objects), but these

are

> thankfully spread out over a couple of months so I we time off in between.

> After which, assuming I pass the exam and assessment at the end, I'll be

> allowed to go on calls, but will then have another four years' ongoing

> training before I'm announced 'competent' (hopefully!).

>

> I'm still not entirely sure I'm doing the right thing, in that I have to

use

> leather products which is less than ideal. But I'm still hanging on in

there

> at the moment.

>

> John

>

> -

> " peter hurd "

> To:

> Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:24 PM

> Re: Questionnaire Answers : John Davis

>

>

> > Didnt you train to be a firefighter? How did it go?

> >

> > The Valley Vegan..............

>

>

>

>

> ~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author,

> there may be another side to the story you have not heard.

> ---------------------------

> Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Guidelines: visit

> Un: send a blank message to -

>