IndiaDivine.org

Kittens

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Peter, is the cat more or less feral? Most local RSPCA branches will take responsibility for the trapping, neutering and return of feral cats to a safe environment. If they are 'semi-feral' they can often be rehomed. We do a lot of it here in Dorset, neuter ferals and semi ferals and find homes for them on farms and stuff like that. I agree that it probably would be quite stressful for her to be captured and taken to the vet, but long term it's the only real answer. If you let me know the town or city you live in, I could let you know the details of your local branch. Well done with looking out for the kittens anyway :-) S-Jpeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Hey S - J A local homeless cat that I put food out for is

about to have kittens again. She will let us stroke her, but not pick her up, so taking her to be speyed may be too stressful ( assuming that I could catch her ), as you work with the RSPCA do you have any advice? I am having a hard time finding homes for all her kittens! ( and sadly, running out of room in my tiny garden to bury the ones that dont make it ), every year this is getting more and more stressful and difficult, especially as I enevitably get attached to the kittens........ Help! The Valley Vegan................gushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl wrote: It's really really difficult to think of any employment that is entirely 'free' of animal exploitation connections, in a world where it is so rife. I work in the Civil Service (yawn!) and I used to

have to use paintbrushes made of animal hair and paint made of beetles blood - these days it's all been taken over by computers and off the top of my head I can't think of a direct animal exploitation connection... but there are probably plenty of indirect ones! Even the voluntary work I do for the RSPCA, I'm sure that there are indirect animal exploitation issues there too if I think about it. S-JRegina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: I totally agree.. as a nurse irregardless of how cruelty free I may try to be.. by way of medicines ie pharmaceutical testing and countless horrors that the medical community inflicts upon animals in the name of science.. I wouldnt be able to do my job at all.. I think being a firefighter is a very noble and honorable profession.. leather aside.. Ginapeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: I think you are doing the right thing, you cant change the fact that they use leather products, so why let it bother you. The good of what you will be doing will out weigh the bad aspects. Keep up the good work. The Valley Vegan..................John Davis <mcxg46 wrote: Hi,Still training. I've another few weeks of basic training (running round atraining ground all day carrying miscellaneous heavy objects), but these arethankfully spread out over a couple of months so I we time off in between.After which, assuming I pass the exam and assessment at the end, I'll

beallowed to go on calls, but will then have another four years' ongoingtraining before I'm announced 'competent' (hopefully!).I'm still not entirely sure I'm doing the right thing, in that I have to useleather products which is less than ideal. But I'm still hanging on in thereat the moment.John- "peter hurd" Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:24 PMRe: Questionnaire Answers : John Davis> Didnt you train to be a firefighter? How did it go?>> The Valley Vegan..............~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was

it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

Hi S-J, Yes we believe that she is semi feral, and at least 6 or 7 years old, I "have" one of her offspring and a spightly 13 year old cat who is stressed and has never accepted the other, so we cant take any more on. We havent seen her for two days now , so she may be having the new litter. She always ends up bringing them to us, and it is always heartbraking to find homes , or when one of them dies. We live in Bargoed, South Wales.gushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl wrote: Hi Peter, is the cat more or less feral? Most local RSPCA branches will take responsibility for the trapping, neutering and return of feral cats to a safe environment. If they are 'semi-feral' they can often be rehomed. We do a lot of it here in Dorset, neuter ferals and semi ferals and find homes for

them on farms and stuff like that. I agree that it probably would be quite stressful for her to be captured and taken to the vet, but long term it's the only real answer. If you let me know the town or city you live in, I could let you know the details of your local branch. Well done with looking out for the kittens anyway :-) S-Jpeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Hey S - J A local homeless cat that I put food out for is about to have kittens again. She will let us stroke her, but not pick her up, so taking her to be speyed may be too stressful ( assuming that I could catch her ), as you work with the RSPCA do you have any advice? I am having a hard time finding homes for all her kittens! ( and sadly, running out of room in my

tiny garden to bury the ones that dont make it ), every year this is getting more and more stressful and difficult, especially as I enevitably get attached to the kittens........ Help! The Valley Vegan................gushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl wrote: It's really really difficult to think of any employment that is entirely 'free' of animal exploitation connections, in a world where it is so rife. I work in the Civil Service (yawn!) and I used to have to use paintbrushes made of animal hair and paint made of beetles blood - these days it's all been taken over by computers and off the top of my head I can't think of a direct animal exploitation connection... but there are probably plenty of indirect ones! Even the voluntary work I do for the RSPCA, I'm sure that

there are indirect animal exploitation issues there too if I think about it. S-JRegina Fay Brook <ginafay wrote: I totally agree.. as a nurse irregardless of how cruelty free I may try to be.. by way of medicines ie pharmaceutical testing and countless horrors that the medical community inflicts upon animals in the name of science.. I wouldnt be able to do my job at all.. I think being a firefighter is a very noble and honorable profession.. leather aside.. Ginapeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: I think you are doing the right thing, you cant change the fact that they use leather products, so why let it bother you. The good of

what you will be doing will out weigh the bad aspects. Keep up the good work. The Valley Vegan..................John Davis <mcxg46 wrote: Hi,Still training. I've another few weeks of basic training (running round atraining ground all day carrying miscellaneous heavy objects), but these arethankfully spread out over a couple of months so I we time off in between.After which, assuming I pass the exam and assessment at the end, I'll beallowed to go on calls, but will then have another four years' ongoingtraining before I'm announced 'competent' (hopefully!).I'm still not entirely sure I'm doing the right thing, in that I have to useleather products which is less than ideal. But I'm still hanging on in thereat the

moment.John- "peter hurd" Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:24 PMRe: Questionnaire Answers : John Davis> Didnt you train to be a firefighter? How did it go?>> The Valley Vegan..............~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit Un: send a blank message to -

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

HI Peter

Thanks for the information. I'll let her know, and maybe get her email address for you so you can see if it is possible. She has not had a cat for three years, since she moved from South Africa. Her and hubby are buying a house now, and would like a couple of cats as they will not be moving around.

Jo

-

peter VV

Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:25 PM

Re: Kittens

Hi Jo there are three of them , 2 tabby and one black fluffy one.They look to be about 3-4 weeks old, obviously they have only been here for 2 days so as far as I know they havent been handled, sorry about the photo, the black one is shy! no idea what sex they are.Tried sending a photo but isnt kitten friendly! The Valley Vegan...................jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Peter (VV)

I know someone who wants two kittens. I'm not sure how the logistics would work out as you are in Wales and she lives in Basingstoke - but it's a possibility.

Can you let me know all the details - when they will be ready, colour, sex etc.

Jo

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

Guest guest

Be nice if some or all could go together for company. Wild cats make the best/most interesting companions The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: HI Peter Thanks for the information. I'll let her know, and maybe get her email address for you so you can see if it is possible. She has not had a cat for three years, since she moved from South Africa. Her and hubby are buying a house now, and would like a couple of cats as they will not be moving around. Jo - peter VV Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:25 PM Re: Kittens Hi Jo there are three of them , 2 tabby and one black fluffy one.They look to be about 3-4 weeks old, obviously they have only been here for 2 days so as far as I know they havent been handled, sorry about the photo, the black one is shy! no idea what sex they are.Tried sending a

photo but isnt kitten friendly! The Valley Vegan...................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter (VV) I know someone who wants two kittens. I'm not sure how the logistics would work out as you are in Wales and she lives in Basingstoke - but it's a possibility. Can you let me know all the details - when they will be ready, colour, sex etc. Jo Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine