im getting increasingly interested in making the switch from being 75%

to total vegan. To help me in this can anybody suggest where i can get

(online) some good sources of info about what actually goes on the

diary industry. A while back i saw video of battery hen conditions at

Wegmans in the states and it had quite a effect on me. To be frank at

present i just dont largely know what goes on behind the eggs, milk,

etc thats in the stores. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Guest guest

Hi, I am a brand new vegan thanks to this site: http://www.peta.org.uk/ on the left hand side of this site you will find many links.. www.KFCcruelty.co.uk www.milksucks.co.uk and many others... there is an online presentation of Meet your Meat... Watching these made me cry... cover my mouth in horror.. made me run to the bathroom to vomit (and I am a theatre nurse so this is no small feat as I could slurp down spaghetti and watch a live brain surgery)... it made me have bad dreams.. it made me ashamed of mankind.. it made me vow never to eat meat again.. to try to do what I can to stop the cruelty.. I am not a perfect vegan. I drive a car with full leather.. I have a leather suite and I still have many animal products in my house

which I am phasing out in stages.. I have very expensive pearls.. I am not about to toss everything I own out and walk around in grass skirts and flip flops just yet.. but I am not contributing to any further demand and in time I hope to live as cruelty free as possible in a non vegan world. I applaud your desire and interest in going vegan. I am still stumbling along but doing my best.. and I feel so much peace inside.. knowing that I am at least trying not to be the reason for any of the cruelty. I wish I could stop it all.. but unfortunately.. all I can do is shed a tear or two at night when I say a prayer that the suffering of these animals be lessened.. that it be over quickly.. that one day we will stop being the devil incarnate to not only ourselves as human beings and other human beings but to all species of animal on this earth... today there was a wasp in my house and normally I would run around screaming my head off looking to smoosh it to complete

goo as quickly as possible.. this time I found a glass and a peice of paper and carefully scooped it up and took it outside.. I did scream a little but we all have to start somewhere ;) I hope the above link helps! Ginasparsafree <r.lew wrote: im getting increasingly interested in making the switch from being 75% to total vegan. To help me in this can anybody suggest where i can get (online) some good sources of info about what actually goes on the diary industry. A while back i saw video of battery hen conditions at Wegmans in the states and it had quite a effect on me. To be frank at present i just dont largely know what goes on behind the eggs, milk, etc thats in the stores. Any help would be appreciated. thanks~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to - Regina Fay Brook, RN, BSN Personal Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/ginafay

Celebrate Earth Day everyday! Discover 10 things you can do to help slow climate change. Earth Day

Guest guest

In addition to PETA's site, you can also find lots of information at

www.viva.org.uk

Cheers

Mike

On Behalf Of

sparsafree

24 April 2006 22:29

Awareness raising info request !

im getting increasingly interested in making the switch from being 75% to

total vegan. To help me in this can anybody suggest where i can get

(online) some good sources of info about what actually goes on the diary

industry. A while back i saw video of battery hen conditions at Wegmans in

the states and it had quite a effect on me. To be frank at present i just

dont largely know what goes on behind the eggs, milk, etc thats in the

stores. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may

be another side to the story you have not heard.

---------------------------

Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>

Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

great thanks for that Gina, really helpful.

-

Regina Fay Brook

Monday, April 24, 2006 11:10 PM

Re: Awareness raising info request !

Hi,

I am a brand new vegan thanks to this site:

http://www.peta.org.uk/

on the left hand side of this site you will find many links..

www.KFCcruelty.co.uk

www.milksucks.co.uk

and many others... there is an online presentation of Meet your Meat...

Watching these made me cry... cover my mouth in horror.. made me run to the bathroom to vomit (and I am a theatre nurse so this is no small feat as I could slurp down spaghetti and watch a live brain surgery)... it made me have bad dreams.. it made me ashamed of mankind.. it made me vow never to eat meat again.. to try to do what I can to stop the cruelty..

I am not a perfect vegan. I drive a car with full leather.. I have a leather suite and I still have many animal products in my house which I am phasing out in stages.. I have very expensive pearls.. I am not about to toss everything I own out and walk around in grass skirts and flip flops just yet.. but I am not contributing to any further demand and in time I hope to live as cruelty free as possible in a non vegan world.

I applaud your desire and interest in going vegan. I am still stumbling along but doing my best.. and I feel so much peace inside.. knowing that I am at least trying not to be the reason for any of the cruelty. I wish I could stop it all.. but unfortunately.. all I can do is shed a tear or two at night when I say a prayer that the suffering of these animals be lessened.. that it be over quickly.. that one day we will stop being the devil incarnate to not only ourselves as human beings and other human beings but to all species of animal on this earth... today there was a wasp in my house and normally I would run around screaming my head off looking to smoosh it to complete goo as quickly as possible.. this time I found a glass and a peice of paper and carefully scooped it up and took it outside.. I did scream a little but we all have to start somewhere ;)

I hope the above link helps!

Ginasparsafree <r.lew wrote:

im getting increasingly interested in making the switch from being 75% to total vegan. To help me in this can anybody suggest where i can get (online) some good sources of info about what actually goes on the diary industry. A while back i saw video of battery hen conditions at Wegmans in the states and it had quite a effect on me. To be frank at present i just dont largely know what goes on behind the eggs, milk, etc thats in the stores. Any help would be appreciated. thanks~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Regina Fay Brook, RN, BSN

Personal Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/ginafay

Celebrate Earth Day everyday! Discover 10 things you can do to help slow climate change. Earth Day

Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.4.6/323 - Release 24/04/2006

Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.4.6/323 - Release 24/04/2006

Guest guest

You are very welcome! Immediately upon posting the links I went back and looked at one of the videos.. which again rendered me to a tearful heap so I dont think I will be viewing many more of them. Suffice it to say.. they are horrendous... Im glad they helped you! GinaRussell Lewins <r.lew wrote: great thanks for that Gina, really helpful. - Regina Fay

Brook Monday, April 24, 2006 11:10 PM Re: Awareness raising info request ! Hi, I am a brand new vegan thanks to this site: http://www.peta.org.uk/ on the left hand side of this site you will find many links.. www.KFCcruelty.co.uk www.milksucks.co.uk and many others... there is an online presentation of Meet your Meat... Watching these made me cry... cover my mouth in horror.. made me run to the bathroom to vomit (and I am a theatre nurse so this is no

small feat as I could slurp down spaghetti and watch a live brain surgery)... it made me have bad dreams.. it made me ashamed of mankind.. it made me vow never to eat meat again.. to try to do what I can to stop the cruelty.. I am not a perfect vegan. I drive a car with full leather.. I have a leather suite and I still have many animal products in my house which I am phasing out in stages.. I have very expensive pearls.. I am not about to toss everything I own out and walk around in grass skirts and flip flops just yet.. but I am not contributing to any further demand and in time I hope to live as cruelty free as possible in a non vegan world. I applaud your desire and interest in going vegan. I am still stumbling along but doing my best.. and I feel so much peace inside.. knowing that I am at least trying not to be the reason for any of the cruelty. I wish I could stop it all.. but unfortunately.. all I can do is shed a tear or two at night when I

say a prayer that the suffering of these animals be lessened.. that it be over quickly.. that one day we will stop being the devil incarnate to not only ourselves as human beings and other human beings but to all species of animal on this earth... today there was a wasp in my house and normally I would run around screaming my head off looking to smoosh it to complete goo as quickly as possible.. this time I found a glass and a peice of paper and carefully scooped it up and took it outside.. I did scream a little but we all have to start somewhere ;) I hope the above link helps! Ginasparsafree <r.lew wrote: im getting increasingly interested in making the switch from being 75% to total vegan. To help me in this can anybody suggest where i can get (online) some good sources of info about what actually

goes on the diary industry. A while back i saw video of battery hen conditions at Wegmans in the states and it had quite a effect on me. To be frank at present i just dont largely know what goes on behind the eggs, milk, etc thats in the stores. Any help would be appreciated. thanks~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to - Regina Fay Brook, RN, BSN Personal Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/ginafay Celebrate Earth Day everyday! Discover 10 things you can do to help slow climate change. Earth Day Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database:

268.4.6/323 - Release 24/04/2006Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.4.6/323 - Release 24/04/2006 Regina Fay Brook, RN, BSN Personal Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/ginafay

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

You can also look at www.notmilk.com

Jo

-

" Michael Benis " <michaelbenis

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 9:34 AM

RE: Awareness raising info request !

> In addition to PETA's site, you can also find lots of information at

> www.viva.org.uk

>

> Cheers

>

> Mike

>

>

> On Behalf

Of

> sparsafree

> 24 April 2006 22:29

>

> Awareness raising info request !

>

> im getting increasingly interested in making the switch from being 75% to

> total vegan. To help me in this can anybody suggest where i can get

> (online) some good sources of info about what actually goes on the diary

> industry. A while back i saw video of battery hen conditions at Wegmans in

> the states and it had quite a effect on me. To be frank at present i just

> dont largely know what goes on behind the eggs, milk, etc thats in the

> stores. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

> Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there

may

> be another side to the story you have not heard.

> ---------------------------

> Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>

> Un: send a blank message to -

>

Guest guest

and of course there's the Vegan Society at www.vegansociety.com

On Behalf Of

Joanne

25 April 2006 12:37

Re: Awareness raising info request !

You can also look at www.notmilk.com

Jo

-

" Michael Benis " <michaelbenis

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 9:34 AM

RE: Awareness raising info request !

> In addition to PETA's site, you can also find lots of information at

> www.viva.org.uk

>

> Cheers

>

> Mike

>

>

> On

> Behalf

Of

> sparsafree

> 24 April 2006 22:29

>

> Awareness raising info request !

>

> im getting increasingly interested in making the switch from being 75%

> to total vegan. To help me in this can anybody suggest where i can get

> (online) some good sources of info about what actually goes on the

> diary industry. A while back i saw video of battery hen conditions at

> Wegmans in the states and it had quite a effect on me. To be frank at

> present i just dont largely know what goes on behind the eggs, milk,

> etc thats in the stores. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

> Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author,

> there

may

> be another side to the story you have not heard.

> ---------------------------

> Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>

> Un: send a blank message to

> -

>