IndiaDivine.org

Drug discussion or animals?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am really tired of reading everyone's long and sometimes tedious views on drugs, I don't believe that this is the place to be reading them. There are groups out there that are straight edge, or groups out there that are for Hippies or Ravers, I'm sure there is one for the legalization of Cannabis. Please can we drop the issue though, it is clear that people will continue to disagree with each other and in the meantime put others off reading messages on this group. I don't want to advocate any view on drugs as here isn't the place to do it. I feel we are being distracted, there are plenty of things that I feel strongly about and feel it is our duty to do something about, maybe even mention in a group when it is unrelated but I am disappointed open my e-mail every time to 5 or 6 messages of arguing over an issue which has very little to do with AR.

Regards

Tom

Guest guest

what do you want to talk about thenthomas .Start us off.we do seem to have got bogged downalthough we cant have newcomers thinking we all agree with drugs .It might put them off.Heres one.Should we shop at Sainsbury's?It is selling Vegan[labelled]Eastre eggs/choc cake but its introduced exotic meats again{the latter is the reasonI don't shop there]

-

Thomas and Joana Fisher

vegan-network

Monday, March 05, 2001 11:43 AM

Drug discussion or animals?

I am really tired of reading everyone's long and sometimes tedious views on drugs, I don't believe that this is the place to be reading them. There are groups out there that are straight edge, or groups out there that are for Hippies or Ravers, I'm sure there is one for the legalization of Cannabis. Please can we drop the issue though, it is clear that people will continue to disagree with each other and in the meantime put others off reading messages on this group. I don't want to advocate any view on drugs as here isn't the place to do it. I feel we are being distracted, there are plenty of things that I feel strongly about and feel it is our duty to do something about, maybe even mention in a group when it is unrelated but I am disappointed open my e-mail every time to 5 or 6 messages of arguing over an issue which has very little to do with AR.

Regards

Tom

Guest guest

I'm largely impressed with Sainsbury's. They stock lots of Soya milk and Soya Yoghurt. They are introducing better labelling for Vegans and Vegetarians. They have an ingredients list of all their baked goods. They replied competently to my queries, about the Diglicerides of fatty acids in their breads.

I haven't seen any exotic meats... How do you mean exotic? Like Crocodile meat? Kangaroo meat? I don't really consider that exotic. Crocodiles and Kangaroo's are all farmed like cows, sheep etc. I see no difference. If anything they are making consumers more aware about what meat is and where it comes from. Making the masses think about it. If you mean exotic like monkey meat or shark meat, I'd be against that. I hate the way meat is called by it's French/Norman name. Referring to Slaughter houses as Abitwares (sp?) and Cows as Beuf (Beef) et cetera.

Regards,

Rowan McCartney

Angie Wright [angiewright]05 March 2001 12:06vegan-network Subject: Re: Drug discussion or animals?

what do you want to talk about thenthomas .Start us off.we do seem to have got bogged downalthough we cant have newcomers thinking we all agree with drugs .It might put them off.Heres one.Should we shop at Sainsbury's?It is selling Vegan[labelled]Eastre eggs/choc cake but its introduced exotic meats again{the latter is the reasonI don't shop there]

Guest guest

My point of view is that we should aim to be consistent, either

boycott all supermarkets because they are all butchers (I admit I

personally find that unrealistic), or use any of them and encourage

their provision for vegans.

I guess I see absolutely no difference between them selling exotic

meats and selling more conventional traditionally British meats. It's

all the same to the poor animals!

Lesley

> what do you want to talk about thenthomas .Start us off.we do seem

to have got bogged downalthough we cant have newcomers thinking we

all agree with drugs .It might put them off.Heres one.Should we shop