IndiaDivine.org

Guinness

Rate this topic

Guest guest

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

I checked with Guinness a few years ago, and was told by them that isinglass was used in the refining process.

SP

-

Surya Burdick

Friday, June 13, 2003 2:02 AM

Guinness

How do you feel about drinking wines and beers? Are you worried about whether they are vegan or not? I was about to sink into a tasty Guinness tonight and I decided I better do an online vegan check. Well, one site said Guinness is not suitable for vegans, but gave no explanation, then another vegan sight said "don't be fooled by would be knowlegable vegans who say Guinness is not vegan", I went to the Guinness website and looked at their ingredients and brewing practices and didn't find anything contrary to veganism so I am going to drink my Guinness and if anyone call tell me a good reason not to I will not do it again (but sadly I must say).

Bottoms up mates!

Siobhan

Free online calendar with sync to Outlook. To send an email to -

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/13/03 1:18:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time, simonpjones writes:

I checked with Guinness a few years ago, and was told by them that isinglass was used in the refining process.

see..i asked as well, and they said they didn't use it anymore

weird....

Guest guest

Hi Siobhan

> How do you feel about drinking wines and beers? Are you worried about whether they are vegan or not? I was about to

> sink into a tasty Guinness tonight and I decided I better do an online vegan check. Well, one site said Guinness is not

> suitable for vegans, but gave no explanation, then another vegan sight said "don't be fooled by would be knowlegable

> vegans who say Guinness is not vegan", I went to the Guinness website and looked at their ingredients and brewing

> practices and didn't find anything contrary to veganism so I am going to drink my Guinness and if anyone call tell me a good

> reason not to I will not do it again (but sadly I must say).

I must admit I'd got the impression that there was something about Guinness that wasn't vegan, but as a non-drinker I've not bothered to investigate any further, so you could be right. It might be that they produce something else in the same factories, and there's a possibility of contamination?

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.487 / Virus Database: 286 - Release 01/06/03