Guest guest

400-Kilowatt Solar System to Power Texaco Oil Fields

United Solar Systems Corporation announced yesterday that it will

design and install a 400-kilowatt solar electric system for Texaco

Inc. Ironically, the system will provide power to Texaco's Central

Valley oil field operations in California. Texaco has the option of

expanding the installation to one megawatt, which would place it

among the world's largest photovoltaic installations. United Solar

is a joint venture between Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. (ECD)

and N.V. Bekaert S.A. See the United Solar press release at:

<http://www.ovonic.com/news/July31_2001.html>.

Texaco and ECD have also formed a strategic alliance to develop

nickel metal hydride batteries, which are primarily used in electric

and hybrid electric vehicles. Texaco plans to invest more than

$150 million in the technology over the next few years. See the

Texaco press release at:

<http://www.texaco.com/shared/pr/2001pr/pr7_18.html>.

Guest guest

Is this good or bad ???I'm already boycotting Shell and Esso What do I do with Texaco ?????Angie

-

EBbrewpunx

bevanmetro ; dominatrixsleeps ; ESI-List ; froggywogg ; ; vegan-network

Monday, August 06, 2001 2:41 PM

solar for oil..but not us...hmmmmmmm

400-Kilowatt Solar System to Power Texaco Oil Fields United Solar Systems Corporation announced yesterday that it will design and install a 400-kilowatt solar electric system for Texaco Inc. Ironically, the system will provide power to Texaco's Central Valley oil field operations in California. Texaco has the option of expanding the installation to one megawatt, which would place it among the world's largest photovoltaic installations. United Solar is a joint venture between Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. (ECD) and N.V. Bekaert S.A. See the United Solar press release at: <http://www.ovonic.com/news/July31_2001.html>. Texaco and ECD have also formed a strategic alliance to develop nickel metal hydride batteries, which are primarily used in electric and hybrid electric vehicles. Texaco plans to invest more than $150 million in the technology over the next few years. See the Texaco press release at: <http://www.texaco.com/shared/pr/2001pr/pr7_18.html>. To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> the unfortunate thing about the bay area, and America in general, is that our public transportation sux.

Same in the UK (except the centre of London which is OK!!!) - I have a choice of driving to work in order to arrive by 8.30, catching a 6.30 train followed by a half hour walk (and obviously back again), or catching two different busses (again leaving at about 6.30 am) - the bus and train would cost me about £4.00 per day, petrol costs me about £30.00 per month!

Whinge over!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Fraggle

Our public transport is much like that. If I go to work by bus I have to leave one and a half hours before start-time. If I get a lift with Peter it takes 15-20 minutes.

Jo

the unfortunate thing about the bay area, and America in general, is that our public transportation sux....if i wanted to get from my haus to work, a journey of an epic 4 bleedin' miles...it would take between an hour and 2 hours...i can walk much faster than that..and have on a few occasions...the walk there isn't bad..its the trudge home 8-10 hrs later which kills me... at least i get good gas mileage *sigh*