IndiaDivine.org

seitan seitan seitan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sesame Seitan & Mushrooms

Seitan, while not very well known, is an alternative to soy-based products such

as tofu and tempeh. Derived from wheat gluten, it has a hearty consistency and

is high in protein while remaining low in fat. Give this recipe a try to explore

how flavorful, delicious, and easy seitan can be. Prepackaged seitan is

available in the refrigerated section of most natural foods store. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

2 1/3 lbs seitan, thinly sliced

1 lb shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced

1/2 large green cabbage, thinly sliced

1/4 cup toasted sesame oil

1/4 cup canola oil

1/2 cup sesame seeds

1 tsp red chili pepper, chopped

1 bunch of green onions, chopped

3-4 cloves of minced garlic

Directions:

Heat the oil.

Add chili pepper and sesame seeds and simmer until seeds are slightly toasted.

Add seitan, garlic, and ginger.

Cook until seitan is browned.

Add shitake mushrooms and 1/2 cup water.

When mushrooms begin to soften, add cabbage and onions.

Sauté just until all is cooked.

The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain

other

sets of people are human: Aldous Huxley

but its already pre-heated then!! peter hurd Oct 6, 2005 11:49 AM Re: seitan seitan seitan

Hey Fraggle, wher the hell am I going to get seitan from in a welsh valley huh?, the nearest thing round here is satan, and I aint cookin with that!

The Valley Vegan...............

Rhaid wrth lwy hir i fwyta gyda'r diafol It needs a long spoon to sup with the devil fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Sesame Seitan & MushroomsSeitan, while not very well known, is an alternative to soy-based products such as tofu and tempeh. Derived from wheat gluten, it has a hearty consistency and is high in protein while remaining low in fat. Give this recipe a try to explore how flavorful, delicious, and easy seitan can be. Prepackaged seitan is available in the refrigerated section of most natural foods store. Enjoy! Ingredients:2 1/3 lbs seitan, thinly sliced1 lb shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced1/2 large green cabbage, thinly sliced1/4 cup toasted sesame oil1/4 cup canola oil1/2 cup sesame seeds1 tsp red chili pepper, chopped 1 bunch of green onions, chopped 3-4 cloves of minced garlicDirections: Heat the oil. Add chili pepper and sesame seeds and simmer until seeds are slightly toasted. Add seitan, garlic, and ginger. Cook until seitan is browned. Add shitake mushrooms and 1/2 cup water. When mushrooms begin to soften, add cabbage and onions. Sauté just until all is cooked. The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain othersets of people are human: Aldous Huxley

What is this water that you have to capture? does it come quietly or do you have to use force?

I too consume a bit of thyme, dont know if its fair?

Thanks for the idea,send the recipe and Ill have alook, but to be honest dont have a lot of time, and probably cant be arsed when I can open a tin of beans and have some bread that isnt too fury.

The Valley Vegan..............

Ddim yn werth ei halen Not worth his salt "serene (Sandra Vannoy)" <serene wrote:

If they have whole-wheat flour in Wales, you can make your own seitan. Ican tell you how to do it -- it's easy, but it consumes a fair bit of timeand water (I used to capture the water and water my plants with it).serene

umm

stop eating the kittens there peter peter hurd Oct 6, 2005 2:15 PM Re: seitan seitan seitan

What is this water that you have to capture? does it come quietly or do you have to use force?

I too consume a bit of thyme, dont know if its fair?

Thanks for the idea,send the recipe and Ill have alook, but to be honest dont have a lot of time, and probably cant be arsed when I can open a tin of beans and have some bread that isnt too fury.

The Valley Vegan..............

Ddim yn werth ei halen Not worth his salt

RIGHT NOW in this new world order, RIGHT NOW no one is free

RIGHT NOW Corporations own this world

RIGHT NOW we are victems of thier greed

Hi Serene

I would love that recipe!

Nikki :)

, " serene (Sandra Vannoy) "

<serene@s...> wrote:

>

> If they have whole-wheat flour in Wales, you can make your own

seitan. I

> can tell you how to do it -- it's easy, but it consumes a fair bit

of time

> and water (I used to capture the water and water my plants with it).

>

> serene

>

And it's not prounounced like you put the devil in the stew!fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Sesame Seitan & MushroomsSeitan, while not very well known, is an alternative to soy-based products such as tofu and tempeh. Derived from wheat gluten, it has a hearty consistency and is high in protein while remaining low in fat. Give this recipe a try to explore how flavorful, delicious, and easy seitan can be. Prepackaged seitan is available in the refrigerated section of most natural foods store. Enjoy! Ingredients:2 1/3 lbs seitan, thinly sliced1 lb shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced1/2 large green cabbage, thinly sliced1/4 cup toasted sesame oil1/4 cup canola oil1/2 cup sesame seeds1 tsp red chili pepper, chopped 1 bunch of green onions, chopped 3-4 cloves of minced garlicDirections: Heat the oil. Add chili pepper and sesame seeds and simmer until seeds are slightly toasted. Add seitan, garlic, and

ginger. Cook until seitan is browned. Add shitake mushrooms and 1/2 cup water. When mushrooms begin to soften, add cabbage and onions. Sauté just until all is cooked. The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain othersets of people are human: Aldous HuxleyJonnie

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

eh?

its pronounced like sa-tan

stn Jonnie Hellens Oct 13, 2005 5:13 PM Re: seitan seitan seitan

And it's not prounounced like you put the devil in the stew!fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: Sesame Seitan & MushroomsSeitan, while not very well known, is an alternative to soy-based products such as tofu and tempeh. Derived from wheat gluten, it has a hearty consistency and is high in protein while remaining low in fat. Give this recipe a try to explore how flavorful, delicious, and easy seitan can be. Prepackaged seitan is available in the refrigerated section of most natural foods store. Enjoy! Ingredients:2 1/3 lbs seitan, thinly sliced1 lb shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced1/2 large green cabbage, thinly sliced1/4 cup toasted sesame oil1/4 cup canola oil1/2 cup sesame seeds1 tsp red chili pepper, chopped 1 bunch of green onions, chopped 3-4 cloves of minced garlicDirections: Heat the oil. Add chili pepper and sesame seeds and simmer until seeds are slightly toasted. Add seitan, garlic, and ginger. Cook until seitan is browned. Add shitake mushrooms and 1/2 cup water. When mushrooms begin to soften, add cabbage and onions. Sauté just until all is cooked. The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain othersets of people are human: Aldous Huxley

Jonnie

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. To send an email to -

thats wot i said...

like the devilly guy

serene <serene

Oct 14, 2005 9:57 AM

Re: seitan seitan seitan

fraggle wrote:

> eh? its pronounced like sa-tan stn

Nope. Say-tahn.

serene

To send an email to -

I've tried a couple of seitan items and didn't really like them.

Jo

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

>

> thats wot i said...

> like the devilly guy

>

>

> serene <serene@s...>

> Oct 14, 2005 9:57 AM

>

> Re: seitan seitan seitan

>

> fraggle wrote:

>

> > eh? its pronounced like sa-tan stn

>

> Nope. Say-tahn.

>

> serene

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Nope.

fraggle wrote:

>thats wot i said...

>like the devilly guy

>

>

>serene <serene

>Oct 14, 2005 9:57 AM

>

>Re: seitan seitan seitan

>

>fraggle wrote:

>

>

>

>> eh? its pronounced like sa-tan stn

>>

>>

>

>Nope. Say-tahn.

>

>serene

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

ok..wotever

you can pronouce seitan/satan any ol way ya choose then

i've heard the devilly fellow pronounced both as say tahn and say

ton...iterchangable to me

serene <serene

Oct 14, 2005 10:12 AM

Re: seitan seitan seitan

Nope.

fraggle wrote:

>thats wot i said...

>like the devilly guy

>

>

>serene <serene

>Oct 14, 2005 9:57 AM

>

>Re: seitan seitan seitan

>

>fraggle wrote:

>

>

>

>> eh? its pronounced like sa-tan stn

>>

>>

>

>Nope. Say-tahn.

>

>serene

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Um, make ur own? (duck!)peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

Hey Fraggle, wher the hell am I going to get seitan from in a welsh valley huh?, the nearest thing round here is satan, and I aint cookin with that!

Rhaid wrth lwy hir i fwyta gyda'r diafol It needs a long spoon to sup with the devil fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Sesame Seitan & MushroomsSeitan, while not very well known, is an alternative to soy-based products such as tofu and tempeh. Derived from wheat gluten, it has a hearty consistency and is high in protein while remaining low in fat. Give this recipe a try to explore how flavorful, delicious, and easy seitan can be. Prepackaged seitan is available in the refrigerated section of most natural foods store. Enjoy! Ingredients:2 1/3 lbs seitan, thinly sliced1 lb shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced1/2 large green cabbage, thinly sliced1/4 cup toasted sesame oil1/4 cup canola oil1/2 cup sesame seeds1 tsp red chili pepper, chopped 1 bunch of green onions, chopped 3-4 cloves of minced garlicDirections: Heat the oil. Add chili pepper and sesame seeds and simmer until seeds are slightly toasted. Add seitan, garlic, and

ginger. Cook until seitan is browned. Add shitake mushrooms and 1/2 cup water. When mushrooms begin to soften, add cabbage and onions. Sauté just until all is cooked. The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain othersets of people are human: Aldous Huxley

"it" needs a long spoon? What's 'it'?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

but its already pre-heated then!! peter hurd Oct 6, 2005 11:49 AM Re: seitan seitan seitan

ginger. Cook until seitan is browned. Add shitake mushrooms and 1/2 cup water. When mushrooms begin to soften, add cabbage and onions. Sauté just until all is cooked. The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain othersets of people are human: Aldous Huxley

It meaning you.

The Valley Vegan...........Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote:

"it" needs a long spoon? What's 'it'?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

That's what I said. The first time I had ever heard of this stuff is when I called a veggie place to see what they had on special. (Turns out they are only open for lunch which dosen't do me any good.) They said satan soup. Huh? Hold on, I was told. The next person said that it was actually seitan soup. She explained what seitan was to me. It sounds so good, but I haven't tried it yet, darnit!fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

eh?

its pronounced like sa-tan

stnJonnie

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

I thought it was say (like what you do orally) and tan (like what color is your purse).fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

thats wot i said...like the devilly guyserene <sereneOct 14, 2005 9:57 AM Subject: Re: seitan seitan seitanfraggle wrote:> eh? its pronounced like sa-tan stnNope. Say-tahn.sereneTo send an email to -

it is..

you've never heard satan pronounced that way? Jonnie Hellens Oct 18, 2005 5:27 PM Re: seitan seitan seitan

I thought it was say (like what you do orally) and tan (like what color is your purse).fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: thats wot i said...like the devilly guyserene <sereneOct 14, 2005 9:57 AM Subject: Re: seitan seitan seitanfraggle wrote:> eh? its pronounced like sa-tan stnNope. Say-tahn.sereneTo send an email to -

Fraggle your purse is tan?!

I always imagined black with studs.

;)

Nikki

, Jonnie Hellens

<jonnie_hellens> wrote:

>

> I thought it was say (like what you do orally) and tan (like what

color is your purse).

>

> fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:thats wot i said...

> like the devilly guy