IndiaDivine.org

is there ever any good news from china?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

China to Let Tourists Hunt Endangered Species

August 09, 2006 — By Reuters

BEIJING — China is to auction licences to foreigners to hunt wild animals,

including endangered species, a newspaper said on Wednesday.

The government would auction licences based on types and numbers of wild

animals, ranging from about $200 for a wolf, the only carnivore on the list, to

as much as $40,000 for a yak, the Beijing Youth Daily said.

The auction, taking place on Sunday in Chengdu, capital of the southwestern

province of Sichuan, would be the first of its kind in Chinese history, it

added.

" Some animals are from the first and second category of national wildlife

protection, but with the strict limitations in place, the hunting could not

destroy wild animal populations, " the daily said.

The report made no mention of the endangered giant panda, some 1,500 of which

survive in nature reserves in southwestern China.

Five western areas, including Qinghai, Shaanxi and Gansu provinces and the

autonomous regions of Ningxia and Xinjiang, are involved in the auction.

Hunting of animals is popular with Chinese who like to eat exotic meats or use

animal parts in medicines for their perceived aphrodisiac or medicinal

properties.

But the hunting licences would be available only to foreigners, given China's

strict rules on gun control, the daily said.

" Hunting is not slaughtering, " it quoted an official at a wild animal protection

department as saying.

Proceeds from the auction would be used for wild animal protection, the report

said.

" NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may

have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do this

without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor

protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President. "

I don't mean to put down a culture or country

but what is happening in china lately????

I am trying to understand the atmosphere there.

But then again, I should look at the US in my own mirror.

this statement below doesn't make sense to me.

" Proceeds from the auction would be used for wild animal protection,

the report

said. "

HUH??

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>

> China to Let Tourists Hunt Endangered Species

>

> August 09, 2006 †" By Reuters

> BEIJING †" China is to auction licences to foreigners to hunt wild

animals, including endangered species, a newspaper said on Wednesday.

>

> The government would auction licences based on types and numbers of

wild animals, ranging from about $200 for a wolf, the only carnivore

on the list, to as much as $40,000 for a yak, the Beijing Youth Daily

said.

>

> The auction, taking place on Sunday in Chengdu, capital of the

southwestern province of Sichuan, would be the first of its kind in

Chinese history, it added.

>

> " Some animals are from the first and second category of national

wildlife protection, but with the strict limitations in place, the

hunting could not destroy wild animal populations, " the daily said.

>

> The report made no mention of the endangered giant panda, some 1,500

of which survive in nature reserves in southwestern China.

>

> Five western areas, including Qinghai, Shaanxi and Gansu provinces

and the autonomous regions of Ningxia and Xinjiang, are involved in

the auction.

>

> Hunting of animals is popular with Chinese who like to eat exotic

meats or use animal parts in medicines for their perceived aphrodisiac

or medicinal properties.

>

> But the hunting licences would be available only to foreigners,

given China's strict rules on gun control, the daily said.

>

> " Hunting is not slaughtering, " it quoted an official at a wild

animal protection department as saying.

>

> Proceeds from the auction would be used for wild animal protection,

the report said.

>

>

> " NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National

Security Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or

notice. They may do this without any judicial or legislative

oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the

impeachment of the current President. "

>

why lately?

its just more in the news as

a. they aren't quite the closed society there were 30 yrs ago

b. they are growing economically by leaps and bounds...so, they use up more of

everything

and..ya said it...we do the same thing here in the west

that whole " kill em to save em " was in the news here a few months back as folks

in the US were talking the same bull

>Anouk Sickler <zurumato

>Aug 17, 2006 9:26 PM

>

> Re: is there ever any good news from china?

>

>I don't mean to put down a culture or country

>but what is happening in china lately????

>

>I am trying to understand the atmosphere there.

>But then again, I should look at the US in my own mirror.

>

>this statement below doesn't make sense to me.

>

>

> " Proceeds from the auction would be used for wild animal protection,

>the report

>said. "

>

>

>HUH??

>

If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, " Views

Differ on Shape of the Earth "

I read a report that the Chinese government made all local government and officials in Tibet write long essays on why the Dalai Lama has no place in modern Tibet? whats that all about? The Chinese certainly dont seem to care about what the rest of the world thinks........... Tis a mighty big country with a huge armed force, and expanding economy......... The Valley Vegan..............Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: I don't mean to put down a culture or countrybut what is happening in china lately????I am trying to understand the atmosphere there.But then again, I should look at the US in my own mirror. this statement below doesn't make sense to me. "Proceeds from the auction would be used for wild animal protection,the

reportsaid."HUH?? , fraggle wrote:>> China to Let Tourists Hunt Endangered Species> > August 09, 2006 â€" By Reuters > BEIJING â€" China is to auction licences to foreigners to hunt wildanimals, including endangered species, a newspaper said on Wednesday. > > The government would auction licences based on types and numbers ofwild animals, ranging from about $200 for a wolf, the only carnivoreon the list, to as much as $40,000 for a yak, the Beijing Youth Dailysaid. > > The auction, taking place on Sunday in Chengdu, capital of thesouthwestern province of Sichuan, would be the first of its kind inChinese history, it added. > > "Some animals are from the first and second category of nationalwildlife protection, but with the strict limitations in place, thehunting could not destroy wild animal

populations," the daily said. > > The report made no mention of the endangered giant panda, some 1,500of which survive in nature reserves in southwestern China. > > Five western areas, including Qinghai, Shaanxi and Gansu provincesand the autonomous regions of Ningxia and Xinjiang, are involved inthe auction. > > Hunting of animals is popular with Chinese who like to eat exoticmeats or use animal parts in medicines for their perceived aphrodisiacor medicinal properties. > > But the hunting licences would be available only to foreigners,given China's strict rules on gun control, the daily said. > > "Hunting is not slaughtering," it quoted an official at a wildanimal protection department as saying. > > Proceeds from the auction would be used for wild animal protection,the report said.> > > "NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the

NationalSecurity Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, ornotice. They may do this without any judicial or legislativeoversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for theimpeachment of the current President.">To send an email to -

you can replace china with any other number of countries...like the US...statement means the same thing...

china has been trying to break any link with the dalai lama and tibet for a loong time....

peter VV Aug 18, 2006 11:46 AM Re: Re: is there ever any good news from china?

I read a report that the Chinese government made all local government and officials in Tibet write long essays on why the Dalai Lama has no place in modern Tibet? whats that all about?

The Chinese certainly dont seem to care about what the rest of the world thinks...........

Tis a mighty big country with a huge armed force, and expanding economy.........

The Valley Vegan..............Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

I don't mean to put down a culture or countrybut what is happening in china lately????I am trying to understand the atmosphere there.But then again, I should look at the US in my own mirror. this statement below doesn't make sense to me. "Proceeds from the auction would be used for wild animal protection,the reportsaid."HUH?? , fraggle wrote:>> China to Let Tourists Hunt Endangered Species> > August 09, 2006 â" By Reuters > BEIJING â" China is to auction licences to foreigners to hunt wildanimals, including endangered species, a newspaper said on Wednesday. > > The government would auction licences based on types and numbers ofwild animals, ranging from about $200 for a wolf, the only carnivoreon the list, to as much as $40,000 for a yak, the Beijing Youth Dailysaid. > > The auction, taking place on Sunday in Chengdu, capital of thesouthwestern province of Sichuan, would be the first of its kind inChinese history, it added. > > "Some animals are from the first and second category of nationalwildlife protection, but with the strict limitations in place, thehunting could not destroy wild animal populations," the daily said. > > The report made no mention of the endangered giant panda, some 1,500of which survive in nature reserves in southwestern China. > > Five western areas, including Qinghai, Shaanxi and Gansu provincesand the autonomous regions of Ningxia and Xinjiang, are involved inthe auction. > > Hunting of animals is popular with Chinese who like to eat exoticmeats or use animal parts in medicines for their perceived aphrodisiacor medicinal properties. > > But the hunting licences would be available only to foreigners,given China's strict rules on gun control, the daily said. > > "Hunting is not slaughtering," it quoted an official at a wildanimal protection department as saying. > > Proceeds from the auction would be used for wild animal protection,the report said.> > > "NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the NationalSecurity Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, ornotice. They may do this without any judicial or legislativeoversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for theimpeachment of the current President.">To send an email to -

yet not any other number of countries did invade and supress the populace and their beliefs did they? I`m long gone off China.............. The Valley Vegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: you can replace china with any other number of countries...like the US...statement means the same thing... china has been trying to break any link with the dalai lama and tibet for a loong time.... peter VV Aug 18, 2006 11:46 AM Re: Re: is there ever any good news from china?

I read a report that the Chinese government made all local government and officials in Tibet write long essays on why the Dalai Lama has no place in modern Tibet? whats that all about? The Chinese certainly dont seem to care about what the rest of the world thinks........... Tis a mighty big country with a huge armed force, and expanding economy......... The Valley Vegan..............Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: I don't mean to put down a culture or countrybut what is happening in china lately????I am trying to understand the atmosphere there.But then again, I should look at the US in my own mirror. this statement below doesn't make sense to me. "Proceeds from the auction would be used for wild animal protection,the

reportsaid."HUH?? , fraggle wrote:>> China to Let Tourists Hunt Endangered Species> > August 09, 2006 â€" By Reuters > BEIJING â€" China is to auction licences to foreigners to hunt wildanimals, including endangered species, a newspaper said on Wednesday. > > The government would auction licences based on types and numbers ofwild animals, ranging from about $200 for a wolf, the only carnivoreon the list, to as much as $40,000 for a yak, the Beijing Youth Dailysaid. > > The auction, taking place on Sunday in Chengdu, capital of thesouthwestern province of Sichuan, would be the first of its kind inChinese history, it added. > > "Some animals are from the first and second category of nationalwildlife protection, but with the strict limitations in place, thehunting could not destroy wild animal

populations," the daily said. > > The report made no mention of the endangered giant panda, some 1,500of which survive in nature reserves in southwestern China. > > Five western areas, including Qinghai, Shaanxi and Gansu provincesand the autonomous regions of Ningxia and Xinjiang, are involved inthe auction. > > Hunting of animals is popular with Chinese who like to eat exoticmeats or use animal parts in medicines for their perceived aphrodisiacor medicinal properties. > > But the hunting licences would be available only to foreigners,given China's strict rules on gun control, the daily said. > > "Hunting is not slaughtering," it quoted an official at a wildanimal protection department as saying. > > Proceeds from the auction would be used for wild animal protection,the report said.> > > "NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the

NationalSecurity Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, ornotice. They may do this without any judicial or legislativeoversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for theimpeachment of the current President.">To send an email to -

wot do you call iraq?

peter VV Aug 21, 2006 11:15 AM Re: Re: is there ever any good news from china?

yet not any other number of countries did invade and supress the populace and their beliefs did they?

I`m long gone off China..............

The Valley Vegan................

If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"

I thought we were talkin bout Tibet, plonker! The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: wot do you call iraq? peter VV Aug 21, 2006 11:15 AM Re: Re: is there ever any good news from china? yet not any other number of countries did invade and supress the populace and their beliefs did they? I`m long gone off China.............. The Valley Vegan................ If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"Peter H

All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.