IndiaDivine.org

Shoes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have two pairs of well made Australian shoes which I purchased at Otsu. They are very willing to special order anything you need and believe in selling quality products.

Otsu3253 16th Street(16th @ Guererro)phone: 415.255.7900hours: Wednesday - Friday (12pm - 7pm), Saturday (11am -8pm), Sunday (11am - 5pm)website: otsuveganstyle.commission

Joshua

• 2 years later...

I recently had a bad experiance with Vegetarian Shoes, who make ( or so I thought ) fairly good shoes. After about 10 months , I started wearing them more, and in the rain I noticed they let in rain. I covered them in VS`s own polish and they still let in rain. I sent an e-mail to them explaining my predicament and they advised that they were "not waterproof", when I replied telling them that they were advertised as water repellent, and that I thought they were splitting hairs, their reply was that as I had them for over 9 months they would not be interested as they do not expect their shoes to last that long! Well, I dont know about any other vegans on here, but when I spend 50 quid plus on a pair of shoes, I expect them to last longer than that! The Valley Vegan..............Sharon Murch <grace4compassion wrote: I haven't bought many pairs of shoes in the last year. I broke my ankle in April and for many months my left foot and ankle were quite a bit bigger than my right, and rather particular about what they were put into. I wore sandals, and then I ordered some vegan shoes on-line ... rather pricey, but comfortable. Not terribly attractive, though. But now I'm starting my career as a paralegal (albeit unpaid) and have to go to court and all, I figured I'd have to get out and get some "dress" shoes ... well, as dressy as possible considering I really can't wear heels higher than an inch with my ankle still.Having spent way too much money already this month I went to Payless Shoe Source, and I was really pretty pleased to find that all the shoes I took down to dry on ... all of which *looked* like leather ... turned out to be all man-made materials.I got a really nice bag

from my mother-in-law for Christmas also. It felt like the softest leather, but it too was all man-made materials.Only thing is, people who aren't reading the inside of my shoes/bag are going to probably think it's leather. I remember seeing Pamela Anderson wearing fake uggs, and they said "FAKE" in big letters up the sides!peace,sharon_______________Type your favorite song. Get a customized station. Try MSN Radio powered by Pandora. http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001To send an email to -

Hey sharon, Ive also had great luck lately finding vegan shoes and such at normal mall stores. As much as i would love to always support strictly vegan companies, It is impossible on the budget of a single mom. As for the subject of buying things that look and feel like leather, I try to avoid it, because like you said, you are most likely the only one who will know that its not leather, and you dont want to contribute to the sale of animal skins by appearing to support it. On that note, I dont see many pairs of dress shoes that dont look like leather. They just dont make them. I only saw one pair the other day at Macey's, it was made with carpet-bag type fabric, and it was sadly trimmed with fur.

Hi Peter

Not many shoes are waterproof as the water comes in through the stitching. Peter has had shoes from Vegetarian Shoes that lasted 4 ormore years - and he does quite a lot of walking.

Jo

-

peter VV

Friday, December 29, 2006 6:34 PM

Re: shoes

I recently had a bad experiance with Vegetarian Shoes, who make ( or so I thought ) fairly good shoes. After about 10 months , I started wearing them more, and in the rain I noticed they let in rain. I covered them in VS`s own polish and they still let in rain. I sent an e-mail to them explaining my predicament and they advised that they were "not waterproof", when I replied telling them that they were advertised as water repellent, and that I thought they were splitting hairs, their reply was that as I had them for over 9 months they would not be interested as they do not expect their shoes to last that long!

Well, I dont know about any other vegans on here, but when I spend 50 quid plus on a pair of shoes, I expect them to last longer than that!

The Valley Vegan..............Sharon Murch <grace4compassion wrote:

I haven't bought many pairs of shoes in the last year. I broke my ankle in April and for many months my left foot and ankle were quite a bit bigger than my right, and rather particular about what they were put into. I wore sandals, and then I ordered some vegan shoes on-line ... rather pricey, but comfortable. Not terribly attractive, though. But now I'm starting my career as a paralegal (albeit unpaid) and have to go to court and all, I figured I'd have to get out and get some "dress" shoes ... well, as dressy as possible considering I really can't wear heels higher than an inch with my ankle still.Having spent way too much money already this month I went to Payless Shoe Source, and I was really pretty pleased to find that all the shoes I took down to dry on ... all of which *looked* like leather ... turned out to be all man-made materials.I got a really nice bag from my mother-in-law for Christmas also. It felt like the softest leather, but it too was all man-made materials.Only thing is, people who aren't reading the inside of my shoes/bag are going to probably think it's leather. I remember seeing Pamela Anderson wearing fake uggs, and they said "FAKE" in big letters up the sides!peace,sharon_______________Type your favorite song. Get a customized station. Try MSN Radio powered by Pandora. http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001To send an email to -

Hi Jo, you sound as bad as them! Obviously stitching is not waterproof, thats why I slathered it in polish. This wasnt just a little bit of water, this was lots, and their attitude sucks. I had my last pair from Ethical Wares and they lasted me well over 3 years without any wet feet.I find it incomprehensable that they would sell shoes that they think will only last 9 months maximum!, maybe it is because it was a new line I dunno, as previously I had a pair of skate shoes off them that lasted over 2 years ( but didnt wear them in the rain ) They just couldnt concieve that there could be something wrong with them, and were totally disinterested. Sad. The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter Not many shoes are waterproof as the water comes in through the stitching. Peter has had shoes from Vegetarian Shoes that lasted 4 ormore years - and he does quite a lot of walking. Jo - peter VV Friday, December 29, 2006 6:34 PM Re: shoes I recently had a bad experiance with Vegetarian Shoes, who make ( or so I thought ) fairly good shoes. After about 10 months , I started wearing them more, and in the rain I noticed they let in rain. I covered them in VS`s own polish and they still let in rain. I sent an e-mail to them explaining my predicament and they advised that they were "not waterproof", when I replied telling them that they were advertised as water repellent, and that I thought they were splitting hairs, their reply was that as I had them for over 9 months they would not be interested as they do not expect their shoes to last that long! Well, I dont know about any

other vegans on here, but when I spend 50 quid plus on a pair of shoes, I expect them to last longer than that! The Valley Vegan..............Sharon Murch <grace4compassion (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote: I haven't bought many pairs of shoes in the last year. I broke my ankle in April and for many months my left foot and ankle were quite a bit bigger than my right, and rather particular about what they were put into. I wore sandals, and then I ordered some vegan shoes on-line ... rather pricey, but comfortable. Not terribly attractive, though. But now I'm starting my career as a paralegal (albeit unpaid) and have to go to court and all, I figured I'd have to get out and get some "dress" shoes ... well, as dressy as possible considering I really can't wear heels higher than an inch with my ankle still.Having

spent way too much money already this month I went to Payless Shoe Source, and I was really pretty pleased to find that all the shoes I took down to dry on ... all of which *looked* like leather ... turned out to be all man-made materials.I got a really nice bag from my mother-in-law for Christmas also. It felt like the softest leather, but it too was all man-made materials.Only thing is, people who aren't reading the inside of my shoes/bag are going to probably think it's leather. I remember seeing Pamela Anderson wearing fake uggs, and they said "FAKE" in big letters up the sides!peace,sharon_______________Type your favorite song. Get a customized station. Try MSN Radio powered by Pandora. http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001To send an email to

-

I think it more likely that they meant they could not exchange or refund as they had been worn for 9 months. OUr experience of them has been good.

Jo

-

peter VV

Saturday, December 30, 2006 8:37 AM

Hi Jo, you sound as bad as them! Obviously stitching is not waterproof, thats why I slathered it in polish. This wasnt just a little bit of water, this was lots, and their attitude sucks. I had my last pair from Ethical Wares and they lasted me well over 3 years without any wet feet.I find it incomprehensable that they would sell shoes that they think will only last 9 months maximum!, maybe it is because it was a new line I dunno, as previously I had a pair of skate shoes off them that lasted over 2 years ( but didnt wear them in the rain )

They just couldnt concieve that there could be something wrong with them, and were totally disinterested.

Sad.

The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Peter

Not many shoes are waterproof as the water comes in through the stitching. Peter has had shoes from Vegetarian Shoes that lasted 4 ormore years - and he does quite a lot of walking.

Jo

-

peter VV

Friday, December 29, 2006 6:34 PM

I recently had a bad experiance with Vegetarian Shoes, who make ( or so I thought ) fairly good shoes. After about 10 months , I started wearing them more, and in the rain I noticed they let in rain. I covered them in VS`s own polish and they still let in rain. I sent an e-mail to them explaining my predicament and they advised that they were "not waterproof", when I replied telling them that they were advertised as water repellent, and that I thought they were splitting hairs, their reply was that as I had them for over 9 months they would not be interested as they do not expect their shoes to last that long!

Well, I dont know about any other vegans on here, but when I spend 50 quid plus on a pair of shoes, I expect them to last longer than that!

The Valley Vegan..............Sharon Murch <grace4compassion (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote:

I haven't bought many pairs of shoes in the last year. I broke my ankle in April and for many months my left foot and ankle were quite a bit bigger than my right, and rather particular about what they were put into. I wore sandals, and then I ordered some vegan shoes on-line ... rather pricey, but comfortable. Not terribly attractive, though. But now I'm starting my career as a paralegal (albeit unpaid) and have to go to court and all, I figured I'd have to get out and get some "dress" shoes ... well, as dressy as possible considering I really can't wear heels higher than an inch with my ankle still.Having spent way too much money already this month I went to Payless Shoe Source, and I was really pretty pleased to find that all the shoes I took down to dry on ... all of which *looked* like leather ... turned out to be all man-made materials.I got a really nice bag from my mother-in-law for Christmas also. It felt like the softest leather, but it too was all man-made materials.Only thing is, people who aren't reading the inside of my shoes/bag are going to probably think it's leather. I remember seeing Pamela Anderson wearing fake uggs, and they said "FAKE" in big letters up the sides!peace,sharon_______________Type your favorite song. Get a customized station. Try MSN Radio powered by Pandora. http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001To send an email to -

That unfortunately was not the case. They knew how old they were when I first started corresponding with them, then they came out with the terminolgy argument about waterproof vs water resistant, then after offering to have a look at them if I sent them back, they suddenly said you would not be able to return them to us with a fault as we expect our shoes to last about nine months. So sorry we can't be of more help on this occasion. Sad that they have turned out like this.I never had any problems with them before? The Valley Vegan...............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: I think it more likely that they meant they could not exchange or refund as they had been worn for 9 months. OUr experience of them has been good. Jo - peter VV Saturday, December 30, 2006 8:37 AM Re: shoes Hi Jo, you sound as bad as them! Obviously stitching is not waterproof, thats why I slathered it in polish. This wasnt just a little bit of water, this was lots, and their attitude sucks. I had my last pair from Ethical Wares and they lasted me well over 3 years without any wet feet.I find it incomprehensable that they would sell shoes that they think will only last 9 months maximum!, maybe it is because it was

a new line I dunno, as previously I had a pair of skate shoes off them that lasted over 2 years ( but didnt wear them in the rain ) They just couldnt concieve that there could be something wrong with them, and were totally disinterested. Sad. The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork > wrote: Hi Peter Not many shoes are waterproof as the water comes in through the stitching. Peter has had shoes from Vegetarian Shoes that lasted 4 ormore years - and he does quite a lot of walking. Jo - peter VV Friday, December 29, 2006 6:34 PM Re: shoes I recently had a bad experiance with Vegetarian Shoes, who make ( or so I thought ) fairly good shoes. After about 10 months , I started wearing them more, and in the rain I noticed they let in rain. I covered them in VS`s own polish and they still let in rain. I sent an e-mail to them explaining my predicament and they advised that they were "not waterproof", when I replied telling them that they

were advertised as water repellent, and that I thought they were splitting hairs, their reply was that as I had them for over 9 months they would not be interested as they do not expect their shoes to last that long! Well, I dont know about any other vegans on here, but when I spend 50 quid plus on a pair of shoes, I expect them to last longer than that! The Valley Vegan..............Sharon Murch <grace4compassion (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote: I haven't bought many pairs of shoes in the last year. I broke my ankle in April and for many months my left foot and ankle were quite a bit bigger than my right, and rather particular about what they were put into. I wore sandals, and then I ordered some vegan shoes on-line ... rather pricey, but comfortable. Not terribly attractive, though. But now I'm starting my career

as a paralegal (albeit unpaid) and have to go to court and all, I figured I'd have to get out and get some "dress" shoes ... well, as dressy as possible considering I really can't wear heels higher than an inch with my ankle still.Having spent way too much money already this month I went to Payless Shoe Source, and I was really pretty pleased to find that all the shoes I took down to dry on ... all of which *looked* like leather ... turned out to be all man-made materials.I got a really nice bag from my mother-in-law for Christmas also. It felt like the softest leather, but it too was all man-made materials.Only thing is, people who aren't reading the inside of my shoes/bag are going to probably think it's leather. I remember seeing Pamela Anderson wearing fake uggs, and they said "FAKE" in big letters up the

sides!peace,sharon_______________Type your favorite song. Get a customized station. Try MSN Radio powered by Pandora. http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001To send an email to -

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

Hi Kenneth! Here are some ideas: Mooshoes.com, Birkenstock (not all of them

are vegan, so search the site), Earth shoes (same here), Macbeth,

Veganessentials.com, myveganshoes.com, New Balance (same here). Also, if you

are looking for shoes to fit a small budget, some shoes at Payless Shoes are all

man made (look on the tag) - of course, that doesn't mean they are vegan - but

close enough for me. :) Hope this helps. Namaste, Jodee

Kurth <soul_cade wrote: Hello, most shoes are made of

leather. Where do you go online to find

animal friendly shoes? Thank You

-Kenneth

Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast

with the Search weather shortcut.

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know where I could get a pair of nice high quality dress

shoes for women that are not made with animal products? I'm having

trouble finding any good shoes that are not made with leather.

Perfect. Thank you so much!

vegan-network , Come2mebabee <come2mebabee

wrote:

>

> www.bboheme.com

> http://www.shophumanitaire.com/

>

>

>

> Roxanne <quazievil333

> vegan-network

> Sunday, October 21, 2007 12:55:05 AM

> [100% veg*n ] Shoes

>

> Does anyone know where I could get a pair of nice high quality dress

> shoes for women that are not made with animal products? I'm having

> trouble finding any good shoes that are not made with leather.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>