IndiaDivine.org

[100% veg*n ] Cheese withdrawl

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

veganessentials.comTry Teese and Sheese cheeses. LOVE THEM! :DOn Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 7:08 PM, scogingj <jgreene wrote:

Any suggestions for withdrawl from  cheese when becoming vegan?  I have b een vegetarian for 10 years and vegan for the last 2 years and still have not found a satisfying 'replacement.'  Also, I gave birth to my son 5 months ago, and while I was pregnant REALLY craved dairy.  Any time I mentioned it to people they would say " oh, your body NEEDS dairy 'cuz you're pregnant. " Arrgghh.  Does anyone have any snappy comebacks to this?  Drove me nuts.

---

To to the Digest Mode [ recommended ], send an email to: vegan-network-digest! Groups Links

<*>

vegan-network/

<*> Your email settings:

Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

vegan-network/join

( ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

vegan-network-digest

vegan-network-fullfeatured

<*>

Guest guest

Hi. I remember being pregnant with my son [now 31] - having

been a vegetarian for many years and having given up dairy

as well - craving dairy - chose to eat cottage cheese with

pineapple and cashew nuts for several weeks. The cravings

may not be yours - but the cravings of the soul you are

bringing into the world. I would not have considered eating

cottage cheese before or after those weeks. But did for

that period of time.

I suppose one way of responding to those who question

what you have chosen to do would be to simply tell people

in a carefull manner why you have chosen to give up dairy -

whether it be for health reasons such as the fact that cows

milk is created for the structure of cows - not proper ratio of

protein or fat for a human's structure or that it is essentially

exploitation of cows for our benefit. Either would be sufficient.

Take care. Blessings, EmLet everything you do be done in love.1 Corinthians 16:14--- On Fri, 3/20/09, scogingj <jgreene wrote:

scogingj <jgreene[100% veg*n ] Cheese withdrawlvegan-network Date: Friday, March 20, 2009, 7:08 PM

Any suggestions for withdrawl from cheese when becoming vegan? I have b een vegetarian for 10 years and vegan for the last 2 years and still have not found a satisfying 'replacement. ' Also, I gave birth to my son 5 months ago, and while I was pregnant REALLY craved dairy. Any time I mentioned it to people they would say "oh, your body NEEDS dairy 'cuz you're pregnant." Arrgghh. Does anyone have any snappy comebacks to this? Drove me nuts.

Guest guest

Sounds promising, I'm going to order it!

vegan-network , Blue Rose <bluerose156 wrote:

>

> veganessentials.com

>

> Try Teese and Sheese cheeses. LOVE THEM! :D

>

> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 7:08 PM, scogingj <jgreene wrote:

>

> > Any suggestions for withdrawl from cheese when becoming vegan? I have b

> > een vegetarian for 10 years and vegan for the last 2 years and still have

> > not found a satisfying 'replacement.' Also, I gave birth to my son 5 months

> > ago, and while I was pregnant REALLY craved dairy. Any time I mentioned it

> > to people they would say " oh, your body NEEDS dairy 'cuz you're pregnant. "

> > Arrgghh. Does anyone have any snappy comebacks to this? Drove me nuts.

> >

> >

> >

> > ---

> >

> > To to the Digest Mode [ recommended ], send an email to:

> > vegan-network-digest! Groups Links

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

> --

> AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156

> http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com

> ~

> Boston_Gothic

> Boston_Mystic

> Boston-Pagans

>

Guest guest

just like a 3 yr old craving ice cream and cake..means he his body needs it, right?

as for cheese. never liked cheese, so don't think about it much. but there are severl good [armesan substitutes out there. there's one made from walnuts, and you could always use nutritional yeast

cheers

fraggle

scogingj Mar 20, 2009 4:08 PM vegan-network [100% veg*n ] Cheese withdrawl

Any suggestions for withdrawl from cheese when becoming vegan? I have b een vegetarian for 10 years and vegan for the last 2 years and still have not found a satisfying 'replacement.' Also, I gave birth to my son 5 months ago, and while I was pregnant REALLY craved dairy. Any time I mentioned it to people they would say "oh, your body NEEDS dairy 'cuz you're pregnant." Arrgghh. Does anyone have any snappy comebacks to this? Drove me nuts.

So, men are scattered and smeared over the desert grass,

And the generals have accomplished nothing.

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

Glad to know I'm not alone in my indifference to cheese.

Nutritional yeast is good when sprinkled on pasta with marinara. And I've discovered I now prefer cheeseless pizzas to the soy cheeses out there.

Danielle

EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOODJoin me

vegan-network From: EBbrewpunxDate: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:00:15 -0700Re: [100% veg*n ] Cheese withdrawl

just like a 3 yr old craving ice cream and cake..means he his body needs it, right?

as for cheese. never liked cheese, so don't think about it much. but there are severl good [armesan substitutes out there. there's one made from walnuts, and you could always use nutritional yeast

cheers

fraggle

Any suggestions for withdrawl from cheese when becoming vegan? I have b een vegetarian for 10 years and vegan for the last 2 years and still have not found a satisfying 'replacement.' Also, I gave birth to my son 5 months ago, and while I was pregnant REALLY craved dairy. Any time I mentioned it to people they would say "oh, your body NEEDS dairy 'cuz you're pregnant." Arrgghh. Does anyone have any snappy comebacks to this? Drove me nuts.

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

I'm a three-month old vegan... I've been enjoying cheeseless pizza as well!I use the Tofutti " cheese " slices - but they're pretty gross, and I won't eat them plain.  I'm getting used to them.  My family HATES that they stink when they're melted!!!  I have to say that I LOVE Tofutti " Better Than Sour Cream " and " Better Than Cream Cheese. "   They truly DO taste like the real thing.  I can't live without them.

As for the nutritional yeast - my health food store only had it in a powdery/granulated form.  It's not cheesy at all.  I've heard of " flakes. "   Are they better?...Christine.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Danielle Kichler <veggietart wrote:

Glad to know I'm not alone in my indifference to cheese. 

Nutritional yeast is good when sprinkled on pasta with marinara.  And I've discovered I now prefer cheeseless pizzas to the soy cheeses out there. 

Danielle

EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD

Join me 

vegan-network From: EBbrewpunxDate: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:00:15 -0700

Re: [100% veg*n ] Cheese withdrawl

cheers

fraggle

scogingj Mar 20, 2009 4:08 PM vegan-network

[100% veg*n ] Cheese withdrawl

Any suggestions for withdrawl from cheese when becoming vegan? I have b een vegetarian for 10 years and vegan for the last 2 years and still have not found a satisfying 'replacement.' Also, I gave birth to my son 5 months ago, and while I was pregnant REALLY craved dairy. Any time I mentioned it to people they would say " oh, your body NEEDS dairy 'cuz you're pregnant. " Arrgghh. Does anyone have any snappy comebacks to this? Drove me nuts.

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

The flakes are better. You can get them from vegan online retailers or at natural foods stores.

Danielle

vegan-network From: cdaleo13Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:56:00 -0400Re: [100% veg*n ] Cheese withdrawl

I'm a three-month old vegan... I've been enjoying cheeseless pizza as well!I use the Tofutti "cheese" slices - but they're pretty gross, and I won't eat them plain. I'm getting used to them. My family HATES that they stink when they're melted!!! I have to say that I LOVE Tofutti "Better Than Sour Cream" and "Better Than Cream Cheese." They truly DO taste like the real thing. I can't live without them.As for the nutritional yeast - my health food store only had it in a powdery/granulated form. It's not cheesy at all. I've heard of "flakes." Are they better?...Christine.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Danielle Kichler <veggietart (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Glad to know I'm not alone in my indifference to cheese. Nutritional yeast is good when sprinkled on pasta with marinara. And I've discovered I now prefer cheeseless pizzas to the soy cheeses out there.

Danielle

vegan-network From: EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) netDate: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:00:15 -0700Re: [100% veg*n ] Cheese withdrawl

just like a 3 yr old craving ice cream and cake..means he his body needs it, right?as for cheese. never liked cheese, so don't think about it much. but there are severl good [armesan substitutes out there. there's one made from walnuts, and you could always use nutritional yeastcheersfraggle

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

Guest guest

a local place here called Lanesplitter makes their own vegan cheese topping for their pizza, they call it notta ricotta

it's basically tofu and tofutti with some spices ground all together

Christine D'Aleo Mar 23, 2009 4:56 PM vegan-network Re: [100% veg*n ] Cheese withdrawl

I'm a three-month old vegan... I've been enjoying cheeseless pizza as well!I use the Tofutti "cheese" slices - but they're pretty gross, and I won't eat them plain. I'm getting used to them. My family HATES that they stink when they're melted!!! I have to say that I LOVE Tofutti "Better Than Sour Cream" and "Better Than Cream Cheese." They truly DO taste like the real thing. I can't live without them.As for the nutritional yeast - my health food store only had it in a powdery/granulated form. It's not cheesy at all. I've heard of "flakes." Are they better?...Christine.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Danielle Kichler <veggietart (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Glad to know I'm not alone in my indifference to cheese. Nutritional yeast is good when sprinkled on pasta with marinara. And I've discovered I now prefer cheeseless pizzas to the soy cheeses out there.

Danielle

vegan-network From: EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) netDate: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:00:15 -0700Re: [100% veg*n ] Cheese withdrawl

just like a 3 yr old craving ice cream and cake..means he his body needs it, right?as for cheese. never liked cheese, so don't think about it much. but there are severl good [armesan substitutes out there. there's one made from walnuts, and you could always use nutritional yeastcheersfraggle

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)

-Nefarious War

Li Po (Circa 750)