IndiaDivine.org

mustard

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks, that’s good advice. :)

On 4/4/08 2:04 AM, " Janet Coe Hammond " <janetcoe wrote:

Wow, PCOS - that IS a tough one!! Additional things that make it difficult for WOMEN, not so much men, to loose weight are insomnia and stress (and they are a vicious cycle).

I simply cannot loose weight when dieting - it is simply the stress of trying. I do loose weight when I am happy - at 200lbs one can literally SEE that I am very stressed right now!!

The kindest thing one can do is eat as well as one's current life allows, exercise as well as one's current life allows, sleep as well as one's current life allows, and let the rest go. Blaming yourself, feeling guilty, feeling unattractive, etc., is all just as fattening as a nice big piece of vegan brownie with a big scoop of soy delight and it leaves a such bad taste in your mouth.

You are doing so much to stem the cruelty inflicted on our fellow beings inflicted by SAD (standard American diet). Without knowing anything else about you I know you are a wonderful person. Focus on your beautiful spirit and allow your body to be what it is. So many creatures are grateful to you.

Guest guest

On 4/3/08, terry reinard <cactustmax wrote:

>

> this year started off better I am approching 600 miles.

Impressive! I've only walked 166 miles so far this year. Most of

January I stayed home because the snow was too deep, though.

Sparrow

Guest guest

I think that weight gain is strictly the social norm. Just like being sedentary. I know that when I was a teenager I use to weigh 300lbs. I lost all of that weight being on my feet often. Fat is molded in us by gravity. When we sit on our butts, we let the fat find a resting place also. This is why most people are big around the thighs and midsection. I use to say that if you move it then you loose it. Or if you move your feet then you loose your seat, literally, and some of us can afford to loose some seat if you know what I mean. Being in a chair all of the time is an acquired mannerism. Being on your feet can also be acquired. Most people have back, knee problems, and other pains. Stress adds to these

muscle pains. I've noticed that sinus problems air pollution can give people problems. Sometimes it's the weather. Scientist have proven that winter time is a bad time for people here in the U.S. because its too cold, and dark to go out. I've seen this show on the Discovery channel about the evolution of human beings and it said something powerful about how we have evolved a more sedentary lifestyle, and how it has changed our bones structure. Our ancestors were vigorous walkers and they use to travel long in search for food. Nowadays, food is real close by, so there's no real reason to do much physical activity to eat. Janet Coe Hammond <janetcoeTo:

Sent: Thursday, April 3, 2008 11:04:03 AMRe: Re: Mustard

Wow, PCOS - that IS a tough one!! Additional things that make it difficult for WOMEN, not so much men, to loose weight are insomnia and stress (and they are a vicious cycle).

I simply cannot loose weight when dieting - it is simply the stress of trying. I do loose weight when I am happy - at 200lbs one can literally SEE that I am very stressed right now!!

The kindest thing one can do is eat as well as one's current life allows, exercise as well as one's current life allows, sleep as well as one's current life allows, and let the rest go. Blaming yourself, feeling guilty, feeling unattractive, etc., is all just as fattening as a nice big piece of vegan brownie with a big scoop of soy delight and it leaves a such bad taste in your mouth.

You are doing so much to stem the cruelty inflicted on our fellow beings inflicted by SAD (standard American diet). Without knowing anything else about you I know you are a wonderful person. Focus on your beautiful spirit and allow your body to be what it is. So many creatures are grateful to you.

-

Coop

Thursday, April 03, 2008 2:55 AM

Re: Re: Mustard

On 3/4/08 6:58 PM, "Sparrow R Jones" <sparrowrose@ gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, AnnaFirst question: were you overweight to start with? In other words, didyour body need to drop weight?I’ve been overweight my entire life, and I also have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) which causes weight gain. Doctors tell me that it makes the job of losing weight that much harder, but it shouldn’t be impossible!

Second question: are you active enough? Are you burning off *at least*a few hundred calories per day? (ex. 30 minutes of brisk walking or aminimum of 4000 steps on a pedometer.)Those who know me can tell you I worked out 6-8 times a week for the last 2 years — Curves 3x a week, then TurboJam or TaeBo at home on the other days. I also walk frequently. I say ‘for the last 2 years’ because about a month ago I got some terrible news from home (I’m an American living in Australia) that devastated me, and I have not been working out since then. But I have recently started walking again.

Third question: is your fiber high enough to self-limit the amount offood you eat? The lowest you want your fiber to get is 40g per day ifyou're trying to drop weight.I tend to get about 25-35 grams a day naturally, but I also take a fiber supplement drink twice a day.

Fourth question: have you trimmed as much possible fat from your dietas you can? Is your total fat intake under 30g per day? (People argueabout how much fat you need. My dietician told me not to go below 10gper day but not above 30g per day. Your mileage may vary.)I’m a fat-free vegan! I don’t add any fat to my foods, and my daily intake is always under 20g, generally about 10-14g.

Fifth question: are you eating *enough* calories? Eating too littlecan make your body cling to every bit it can because it "thinks" youare starving. In general, don't go below 1200 calories per day. Inmore specific, don't go too low for what your body needs to maintain.All the charts online tell me that at my weight (240 lbs) I should be eating between 1800-2100 calories a day TO LOSE! I tried that, but since I can’t seem to lose weight, I tried cutting back to between 1400-1600. Still didn’t help.

If you don't know how much fiber, fat, and calories you are eating perday, you'll want to start food journalling (write down everything youeat and add up the values you're interested in examining . . or getsome software that does it for you, usually about $20 to $30 for goodsoftware) and keep doing it so long as you're having trouble losingthe weight you need/want to lose. Only by knowing exactly what it isthat you are eating will you be able to effectively adjust your diet,using observations of cause-and-effect to craft the optimal diet foryour body's needs.I use www.fitday.com to track my intake, and it’s great! I evenn printed out several days to take to my appointment with the dietitian recently. She couldn’t see any problem with what I was eating.

While there are some general rules that usually work for most people,there is no one-size-fits- all diet. Only by keeping good track of whatyour diet is and what effects changes to it have on you will you learnwhat *your* optimal diet is.I hope some of the above was helpful in any way. I apologize if I haveoffended in any way.SparrowNo offense at all! I’m looking for any answers at this point. I’ve been on every diet known to mankind. I’ve done everything the doctor suggested. They are out of ideas and keep telling me it’s the PCOS. That’s why they recently sent me to a dietitian, but as I said, she didn’t see any problem with my diet and just advised to watch my portions. Since I’m within the calorie goals, I’m not sure how helpful that advise was. LOL.Anna

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Check the ingredients of each individual brand!

The one I use is gluten free. Mustard seed is gf. The type of vinegar can be

an issue. We need to avoid malted vinegar but ordinary white vinegar and cider

vinegars are fine. There might be wheat starch thickeners I suppose, so if you

have any doubt based on the label, going directly to the food company to check

is always wise. The net has lists of gluten free products, so just type in the

one you would like to use and see what it says.

It took me YEARS to get all the gluten out of my diet. The big and obvious

stuff was easy but it takes time to learn to recognize all the hidden sources.

Deborah

I thought that I read that mustard is not good for gluten free. Still

trying to figure out what I can and can't eat.

Jo

Guest guest

How do u figure out hidden gluten sources? I am trying to illuminate it from my

whole families diet(mainly my 22 month old that is intolerant) but adding the

family along so we are all on same path. I have been calling organic companies

left and rt that redisse to disclose information if gluten free (frustrating!)

Thx!

Tracy

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

Deborah Pageau <dpageau

Mon, 22 Jun 2009 20:05:31

Re: mustard

Check the ingredients of each individual brand!

The one I use is gluten free. Mustard seed is gf. The type of vinegar can be

an issue. We need to avoid malted vinegar but ordinary white vinegar and cider

vinegars are fine. There might be wheat starch thickeners I suppose, so if you

have any doubt based on the label, going directly to the food company to check

is always wise. The net has lists of gluten free products, so just type in the

one you would like to use and see what it says.

It took me YEARS to get all the gluten out of my diet. The big and obvious

stuff was easy but it takes time to learn to recognize all the hidden sources.

Deborah

I thought that I read that mustard is not good for gluten free. Still

trying to figure out what I can and can't eat.

Jo

• 3 weeks later...