IndiaDivine.org

[100% veg*n ] Sarah Palin takes aim at vegetarians

Rate this topic

Guest guest

She's a moron and it shows.On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 1:34 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

http://www.examiner.com/x-29556-Cleveland-Vegetarian-Food-Examiner~y2009m11d15-Sarah-Palin-takes-aim-at-vegetarians-in-Going-Rogue

Sarah Palin takes aim at vegetarians in Going Rogue

November 15, 9:59 AM Cleveland Vegetarian Food ExaminerDaelyn FortneyPrevious

Get alerts when there is a new article from the Cleveland Vegetarian Food Examiner. Read Examiner.com's terms of use. Email Address

Include other special offers from Examiner.com

Terms of Use

Sarah Palin’s highly anticipated memoir, Going Rogue: An American Life, will hit the bookshelves November 17. In the book, Palin traces her experiences from small town Alaskan girl to being on the national stage as the GOP vice presidential nominee.

Besides addressing her views on the McCain campaign and the media, Palin, a passionate Alaskan hunter, takes aim at vegetarians. Palin states, “If any vegans came over for dinner, I could whip them up a salad, then explain my philosophy on being a carnivore: If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?”

The accommodating host went on to explain, “I love meat. I eat pork chops, thick bacon burgers, and the seared fatty edges of a medium-well-done steak. But I especially love moose and caribou. I always remind people from outside our state that there's plenty of room for all Alaska's animals -- right next to the mashed potatoes.”

Unfortunately Palin’s viewpoints on vegetarianism is not only narrow minded but is also widely shared. The cliché portrait of a vegetarian meal predominately includes a huge bowl of salad flanked only by a glass of water and carrot wedges. The plethora of food options available to those who have forgone meat is endless but mostly ignored by the masses.

Palin’s view on animals as being just meat is also shared by a considerable portion of our country. Her statement will surely receive a chuckle and thumbs up from many avid hunters and steak house patrons. It is a sad statement on our society when we applaud those who refer to animals as the centerpiece of their dinner plate.

A “carnivore”, as Palin refers to herself, does not have to change their lifestyle for a vegetarian but tolerance would be greatly appreciated.  Needless to say PETA will not be sending the former vice presidential candidate a Christmas card this year. Next

Article contributor: Eric Fortney

---

To to the Digest Mode [ recommended ], send an email to: vegan-network-digest! Groups Links

<*>

vegan-network/

<*> Your email settings:

Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

vegan-network/join

( ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

vegan-network-digest

vegan-network-fullfeatured

<*>

true 'nuff that.....

Blue Rose Nov 16, 2009 1:36 PM vegan-network Re: [100% veg*n ] Sarah Palin takes aim at vegetarians

She's a moron and it shows.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 1:34 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

http://www.examiner.com/x-29556-Cleveland-Vegetarian-Food-Examiner~y2009m11d15-Sarah-Palin-takes-aim-at-vegetarians-in-Going-RogueSarah Palin takes aim at vegetarians in Going RogueNovember 15, 9:59 AM Cleveland Vegetarian Food ExaminerDaelyn FortneyPreviousGet alerts when there is a new article from the Cleveland Vegetarian Food Examiner. Read Examiner.com's terms of use. Email Address Include other special offers from Examiner.comTerms of UseSarah Palin’s highly anticipated memoir, Going Rogue: An American Life, will hit the bookshelves November 17. In the book, Palin traces her experiences from small town Alaskan girl to being on the national stage as the GOP vice presidential nominee.Besides addressing her views on the McCain campaign and the media, Palin, a passionate Alaskan hunter, takes aim at vegetarians. Palin states, “If any vegans came over for dinner, I could whip them up a salad, then explain my philosophy on being a carnivore: If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?â€The accommodating host went on to explain, “I love meat. I eat pork chops, thick bacon burgers, and the seared fatty edges of a medium-well-done steak. But I especially love moose and caribou. I always remind people from outside our state that there's plenty of room for all Alaska's animals -- right next to the mashed potatoes.â€Unfortunately Palin’s viewpoints on vegetarianism is not only narrow minded but is also widely shared. The cliché portrait of a vegetarian meal predominately includes a huge bowl of salad flanked only by a glass of water and carrot wedges. The plethora of food options available to those who have forgone meat is endless but mostly ignored by the masses.Palin’s view on animals as being just meat is also shared by a considerable portion of our country. Her statement will surely receive a chuckle and thumbs up from many avid hunters and steak house patrons. It is a sad statement on our society when we applaud those who refer to animals as the centerpiece of their dinner plate.A “carnivoreâ€, as Palin refers to herself, does not have to change their lifestyle for a vegetarian but tolerance would be greatly appreciated. Needless to say PETA will not be sending the former vice presidential candidate a Christmas card this year. NextArticle contributor: Eric Fortney---To to the Digest Mode [ recommended ], send an email to: vegan-network-digest

Can I please smack the next knucklehead who asks "If God didn't mean for us to make animals, why did he make them out of meat?"? That is the mark of an utter moron.

I also want to hit people who refer to themselves as carnivores, as I'm pretty sure even Scary Palin eats something besides the flesh of murdered animals.

But nobody ever said Palin was particularly bright.

Danielle

EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOODJoin me

vegan-network From: EBbrewpunxDate: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:34:39 -0500[100% veg*n ] Sarah Palin takes aim at vegetarians

http://www.examiner.com/x-29556-Cleveland-Vegetarian-Food-Examiner~y2009m11d15-Sarah-Palin-takes-aim-at-vegetarians-in-Going-RogueSarah Palin takes aim at vegetarians in Going Rogue November 15, 9:59 AM Cleveland Vegetarian Food ExaminerDaelyn FortneyPrevious Get alerts when there is a new article from the Cleveland Vegetarian Food Examiner. Read Examiner.com's terms of use. Email AddressInclude other special offers from Examiner.comTerms of Use Sarah Palin’s highly anticipated memoir, Going Rogue: An American Life, will hit the bookshelves November 17. In the book, Palin traces her experiences from small town Alaskan girl to being on the national stage as the GOP vice presidential nominee.Besides addressing her views on the McCain campaign and the media, Palin, a passionate Alaskan hunter, takes aim at vegetarians. Palin states, “If any vegans came over for dinner, I could whip them up a salad, then explain my philosophy on being a carnivore: If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?” The accommodating host went on to explain, “I love meat. I eat pork chops, thick bacon burgers, and the seared fatty edges of a medium-well-done steak. But I especially love moose and caribou. I always remind people from outside our state that there's plenty of room for all Alaska's animals -- right next to the mashed potatoes.”Unfortunately Palin’s viewpoints on vegetarianism is not only narrow minded but is also widely shared. The cliché portrait of a vegetarian meal predominately includes a huge bowl of salad flanked only by a glass of water and carrot wedges. The plethora of food options available to those who have forgone meat is endless but mostly ignored by the masses.Palin’s view on animals as being just meat is also shared by a considerable portion of our country. Her statement will surely receive a chuckle and thumbs up from many avid hunters and steak house patrons. It is a sad statement on our society when we applaud those who refer to animals as the centerpiece of their dinner plate.A “carnivore”, as Palin refers to herself, does not have to change their lifestyle for a vegetarian but tolerance would be greatly appreciated. Needless to say PETA will not be sending the former vice presidential candidate a Christmas card this year. NextArticle contributor: Eric Fortney

You know, people are made out of meat, too. Is Palin suggesting that we should be eating people?

Just wondering.

Faith-- " Let us go forward into daylight, basking in the joy Christ radiates. May we leave our failures behind, accepting instead the Savior's gifts--healing from our disappointments, refinement through our experiences, and His ultimate commendation, 'Well done, thou good and faithful servant' (Matthew 25:21). " --Kimberly Webb, Finding Daylight.

Visit my blog at http://chauceriangirl.wordpress.com/

thats the comment i was gonna make...

human babies are made of meat....

on second thought, maybe someone shouldn't tell her.....................

Faith Stencel Nov 16, 2009 2:03 PM vegan-network Re: [100% veg*n ] Sarah Palin takes aim at vegetarians

You know, people are made out of meat, too. Is Palin suggesting that we should be eating people?

Just wondering.

Faith-- "Let us go forward into daylight, basking in the joy Christ radiates. May we leave our failures behind, accepting instead the Savior's gifts--healing from our disappointments, refinement through our experiences, and His ultimate commendation, 'Well done, thou good and faithful servant' (Matthew 25:21)." --Kimberly Webb, Finding Daylight.Visit my blog at http://chauceriangirl.wordpress.com/

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!

I didn't even think of the people being made out of meat thing... Being atheist I was thinking on there being no god thing...but yeah, She might be ok with the baby eating thing. Isn't she against birth control? How else would there be room in her house for all that huntin' gear if it's full of babies...? Lol. There are so many other things to go on here... but I would like to think (hey, let me pretend) that it is ignorance and not stupidity that keeps her in her mindset. Give me a week in a locked room with the woman.. and either I'll go carnivore for that week (yup, she is made of meat, right...lol... j/k) or she'll be go as far as to making sure the soybeans used to make her tofu were organic....And YES! I also hate when omnivores use the carnivore term, or claim "meatatarian".

Let's lock the person who came up with that term in a box with Palin instead... and see what comes out... Kris--- On Mon, 11/16/09, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: [100% veg*n ] Sarah Palin takes aim at vegetariansvegan-network Date: Monday, November 16, 2009, 4:05 PM

on second thought, maybe someone shouldn't tell her......... ......... ...

Faith Stencel Nov 16, 2009 2:03 PM vegan-network Re: [100% veg*n ] Sarah Palin takes aim at vegetarians

Just wondering.

Faith-- "Let us go forward into daylight, basking in the joy Christ radiates. May we leave our failures behind, accepting instead the Savior's gifts--healing from our disappointments, refinement through our experiences, and His ultimate commendation, 'Well done, thou good and faithful servant' (Matthew 25:21)." --Kimberly Webb, Finding Daylight.Visit my blog at http://chauceriangi rl.wordpress. com/

I've started calling idiots who are meat-crazy and bash veg*ans "carnists", even though Melanie Joy coined that word to mean all people who eat animals (I got an advance copy of her book through Amazon Vine program).

But did any of us ever doubt she's an insensitive buffoon when it comes to actual living beings?

Danielle

vegan-network From: strange_decadenceDate: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 21:35:32 -0800Re: [100% veg*n ] Sarah Palin takes aim at vegetarians

I didn't even think of the people being made out of meat thing...

Being atheist I was thinking on there being no god thing...

but yeah, She might be ok with the baby eating thing. Isn't she against birth control? How else would there be room in her house for all that huntin' gear if it's full of babies...? Lol.

There are so many other things to go on here... but I would like to think (hey, let me pretend) that it is ignorance and not stupidity that keeps her in her mindset. Give me a week in a locked room with the woman.. and either I'll go carnivore for that week (yup, she is made of meat, right...lol... j/k) or she'll be go as far as to making sure the soybeans used to make her tofu were organic....

And YES! I also hate when omnivores use the carnivore term, or claim "meatatarian". Let's lock the person who came up with that term in a box with Palin instead... and see what comes out...

Kris--- On Mon, 11/16/09, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>Re: [100% veg*n ] Sarah Palin takes aim at vegetariansvegan-network Date: Monday, November 16, 2009, 4:05 PM

on second thought, maybe someone shouldn't tell her......... ......... ...

Just wondering.

Faith-- "Let us go forward into daylight, basking in the joy Christ radiates. May we leave our failures behind, accepting instead the Savior's gifts--healing from our disappointments, refinement through our experiences, and His ultimate commendation, 'Well done, thou good and faithful servant' (Matthew 25:21)." --Kimberly Webb, Finding Daylight.Visit my blog at http://chauceriangi rl.wordpress. com/

Unfortunately way too many do find her bright and very smart, like Carrie Prejean :) ehehehe

Danielle Kichler <veggietartvegan-network Sent: Mon, November 16, 2009 12:57:00 PMRE: [100% veg*n ] Sarah Palin takes aim at vegetarians

Can I please smack the next knucklehead who asks "If God didn't mean for us to make animals, why did he make them out of meat?"? That is the mark of an utter moron. I also want to hit people who refer to themselves as carnivores, as I'm pretty sure even Scary Palin eats something besides the flesh of murdered animals. But nobody ever said Palin was particularly bright.

Danielle

vegan-networkEBbrewpunx@earthlin k.netMon, 16 Nov 2009 13:34:39 -0500[100% veg*n ] Sarah Palin takes aim at vegetarians

http://www.examiner.com/x-29556-Cleveland-Vegetarian-Food-Examiner~y2009m11d15-Sarah-Palin-takes-aim-at-vegetarians-in-Going-RogueSarah Palin takes aim at vegetarians in Going Rogue November 15, 9:59 AM Cleveland Vegetarian Food ExaminerDaelyn FortneyPrevious Get alerts when there is a new article from the Cleveland Vegetarian Food Examiner. Read Examiner.com' s terms of use. Email AddressInclude other special offers from Examiner.comTerms of Use Sarah Palin’s highly anticipated memoir, Going Rogue: An American Life, will hit the bookshelves November 17. In the book, Palin traces her experiences from small town Alaskan girl to being on the national stage as the GOP vice presidential nominee.Besides addressing her views on the McCain campaign and the media, Palin, a passionate Alaskan hunter, takes aim at vegetarians. Palin

states, “If any vegans came over for dinner, I could whip them up a salad, then explain my philosophy on being a carnivore: If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?†The accommodating host went on to explain, “I love meat. I eat pork chops, thick bacon burgers, and the seared fatty edges of a medium-well- done steak. But I especially love moose and caribou. I always remind people from outside our state that there's plenty of room for all Alaska's animals -- right next to the mashed potatoes.â€Unfortunately Palin’s viewpoints on vegetarianism is not only narrow minded but is also widely shared. The cliché portrait of a vegetarian meal predominately includes a huge bowl of salad flanked only by a glass of water and carrot wedges. The plethora of food options available to those who have forgone meat is endless but mostly ignored by the masses.Palin’s view on animals as being just

meat is also shared by a considerable portion of our country. Her statement will surely receive a chuckle and thumbs up from many avid hunters and steak house patrons. It is a sad statement on our society when we applaud those who refer to animals as the centerpiece of their dinner plate.A “carnivoreâ€, as Palin refers to herself, does not have to change their lifestyle for a vegetarian but tolerance would be greatly appreciated. Needless to say PETA will not be sending the former vice presidential candidate a Christmas card this year. NextArticle contributor: Eric Fortney