IndiaDivine.org

RE: Danielle

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Another one? There won't be anyone left here soon.

Still, plenty of room at VegansUncensored...

John

-

" Peter " <metalscarab

Thursday, August 28, 2003 4:01 PM

Danielle

Dear all

I sadly have to announce that I have banned Danielle from .

This is because of remarks made about me and this list on Vegans Uncensored,

and for the fact that she clearly was attempting to cause trouble here.

I will make it clear that I will not accept people attempting to stir up

trouble over here. We are a friendly list, and trying to stir up trouble for

the list, myself, or for members of this list is unacceptable behaviour and

is against Terms of Service/

I want to make it clear that this has nothing to do with comments she has

made on this list, and that I welcome continuation of the discussion on cats

and birds provided everyone remains polite - although I will personally not

be taking any more part in that discussion.

Peter

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release 14/08/03

Hi John

> Another one? There won't be anyone left here soon.

> Still, plenty of room at VegansUncensored...

I think the list can survive the removal of 3 troublemakers - we still have 348 other members.

And before you get too clever about how many members we have, you might want to check Vegans Uncensored membership - they only have about half the number of members we have on , so I guess we must be doing something right. Perhaps it's just that more people like pleasant conversation than bitching behind people's backs.

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release 14/08/03

Hi John

We do not ~force~ people to join or stay at VeganChat. We hope that people will stay because they enjoy it here, or go if not, without causing trouble. We have no interest in, or worries about how many lists or which lists people belong to.

If Danielle was bad-mouthing this list or it's members on another list then it is right that she is banned. We do not wish to keep members at any cost - we just wish to have pleasant list members.

Jo

-

John Davis

Thursday, August 28, 2003 4:12 PM

Re: Danielle

Another one? There won't be anyone left here soon.Still, plenty of room at VegansUncensored...John-"Peter" <metalscarabThursday, August 28, 2003 4:01 PM DanielleDear allI sadly have to announce that I have banned Danielle from .This is because of remarks made about me and this list on Vegans Uncensored,and for the fact that she clearly was attempting to cause trouble here.I will make it clear that I will not accept people attempting to stir uptrouble over here. We are a friendly list, and trying to stir up trouble forthe list, myself, or for members of this list is unacceptable behaviour andis against Terms of Service/I want to make it clear that this has nothing to do with comments she hasmade on this list, and that I welcome continuation of the discussion on catsand birds provided everyone remains polite - although I will personally notbe taking any more part in that discussion.Peter---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release 14/08/03To send an email to -

Hi Peter, Jo;

My comment was a bit deliberately inflammatory/tongue-in-cheek there.

(What, me? post something to get a reaction? who'd have thought it?!)

However, more seriously, I do worry that whenever something is discussed and

contrary opinions expressed, there seems a tendency on this list to

immediately try and put a stop to the discussion, label those with the less

generally-accepted views as troublemakers, and sometimes ban them. (And not

just because I wonder how long it will be before I speak before thinking and

get myself banned!).

That is the tendency that has been pointed out on the other -

veganuncensored - list. But I'm not sure bad-mouthing is the right phrase -

just comments on a style of moderation.

Peter, it is of course your list to moderate however you wish. But I wonder

if it could not stand more discussion and debate than is currently

encouraged. I thought the bird/cat debate, for example, was just beginning

to get interesting when it was curtailed. On the other hand, the

veganuncensored list sometimes goes too far the other way, but perhaps there

is a middle ground?

John

-

" Peter " <metalscarab

Thursday, August 28, 2003 6:07 PM

Re: Danielle

Hi John

I think the list can survive the removal of 3 troublemakers - we still have

348 other members.

And before you get too clever about how many members we have, you might want

to check Vegans Uncensored membership - they only have about half the number

of members we have on , so I guess we must be doing something

right. Perhaps it's just that more people like pleasant conversation than

bitching behind people's backs.

BB

Peter

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release 14/08/03

*gasp*

did you all see what I just saw?!

Gonna have ta write down this message # fer further reference.

Potty mouth!

nikki ;)

, " Peter " <metalscarab@o...> wrote:

> Hi John

>

> > Another one? There won't be anyone left here soon.

>

> > Still, plenty of room at VegansUncensored...

>

>

> I think the list can survive the removal of 3 troublemakers - we

still have 348 other members.

>

> And before you get too clever about how many members we have, you

might want to check Vegans Uncensored membership - they only have

about half the number of members we have on , so I guess we

must be doing something right. Perhaps it's just that more people

like pleasant conversation than bitching behind people's backs.

>

> BB

> Peter

>

i really enjoy it here you can enjoy conversion without getting nasty (if people ever think im getting heated i just want to make it clear even when i talk about something serious im not getting touchy or whatever just trying to explain where im coming from so people dont get what im saying wrong (im not very good at explaining myself)Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi John

I think the list can survive the removal of 3 troublemakers - we still have 348 other members.

And before you get too clever about how many members we have, you might want to check Vegans Uncensored membership - they only have about half the number of members we have on , so I guess we must be doing something right. Perhaps it's just that more people like pleasant conversation than bitching behind people's backs.

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release 14/08/03To send an email to -

I think you've done a very good explanation. It is good to have discussions without nastiness and it's good to have you here.

Jo

i really enjoy it here you can enjoy conversion without getting nasty (if people ever think im getting heated i just want to make it clear even when i talk about something serious im not getting touchy or whatever just trying to explain where im coming from so people dont get what im saying wrong (im not very good at explaining myself)Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi John

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release 14/08/03

John

With reference to your email, I must point out that your assumptions are incorrect. The bird/cat discussion has not been curtailed, and Peter pointed out on list that everyone was free to go on discussing that issue. Danielle was banned for calling Peter a name on another list. The ban has nothing to do with her or anyone elses comments on VeganChat or the discussion on this list.

As you acknowledge - the list is Peter's - the rules are clear to see for all who join. If people don't like the rules - don't join. If they join and don't like the rules, then leave. The rules will not change - they work well. There are other vegan groups, all with different rules - enough to suit everyone who doesn't like this group.

I think the matter should end here and hope that we can now continue with a pleasant list free from troublemakers.

Jo

In a message dated 8/29/03 9:54:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time, mcxg46 writes:

I thought the bird/cat debate, for example, was just beginning

to get interesting when it was curtailed. On the other hand, the

veganuncensored list sometimes goes too far the other way, but perhaps there

is a middle ground?

John

you never saw the old cat discussion did ya?

i thought someone was gonna come thru the monitor screen and throttle me

heh...

*looks nervously at monitor*

Peter,

Just like to show some support. I think you are doing a very hard job very well.

Keep it up!

The Valley Vegan...

> Hi John

>

>

>

>

>I think the list can survive the removal of 3 troublemakers - we still have 348

other members.

>

>And before you get too clever about how many members we have, you might want to

check Vegans Uncensored membership - they only have about half the number of

members we have on , so I guess we must be doing something right.

Perhaps it's just that more people like pleasant conversation than bitching

behind people's backs.

>

>BB

>Peter

>

>

>

>---

>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<a Target='_new'

Href='http://talk21.btopenworld.com/redirect.html?http://www.grisoft.com)'>http:\

//www.grisoft.com)</a>

>Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release 14/08/03

Peter H

--------------------

talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at

http://www.talk21.com

• 6 years later...

Thank you, Danielle!I am really grateful to have found this group!Yes, I would like information on the online vegan retailers. Thanks!!!BTW - I am trying to lose weight (a lot of weight), and I've tried so many diets & failed, but since I went vegan I'm losing weight effortlessly......................BONUS!!!! :o)With Lovingkindness,Kathy =^..^="Compassion is the radicalism of our time." - Dalai Lama --- On Thu, 1/28/10, Danielle Kichler <veggietart wrote:

Hello, Kathy, and congratulations.

I'm sorry if you won't have any friends who are geographically close, but you have us as an online support group.

There are a number of vegan online retailers that have lots of options for you. If you'd like info on them, let me know.

Danielle

EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOODJoin me

vegan-network From: katieliz49230Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 01:46:09 +0000[100% veg*n ] Introduction

Hello, my name is Kathy.I became Vegan on January 4, 2010, after reading the book, 'Skinny Bitch' and watching the documentary 'Food, Inc.'.I wasn't a vegetarian prior to becoming Vegan.My family is not vegetarian or Vegan and have no plans of becoming vegetarian or Vegan. I also live in a small, rural, farming, fishing & hunting community. I have to drive 90 minutes round-trip to buy my groceries at 'Whole Foods'. So, I am looking for some Vegan friends & guides. :o)I am 49 years old, married, have 2 children, 7 critter-kids and love arts & crafts.With Lovingkindness,Kathy =^..^="Compassion is the radicalism of our time." - Dalai Lama