IndiaDivine.org

Feeling very cold with this weather

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi:

I have been raw for almost four months now. Summer was easy, but I am having a really hard time keeping up warm during the winter. I feel cold inside; it is hard to describe the sensation but I am sure that many of you have gone through this experience of adjusting during the winter. Any suggestions?

On another note, I regained almost all the weight I lost at the beginning (which for me is really good news)

Patricia

Elaine Rice-Fells <shortydemp wrote:

Beverly,Congratulations on your continued raw eating. I understand your hair loss concern. In addition to what's been recommended from various members of the group, I have yet another bit of very good information for you as my research continues. In the book "Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices" written by Norman W. Walker D.Sc. you will find not only an explanation as to why you are losing your hair but the best remedy I've seen so far. The book will serve as a good source of information and an addition to your raw library. Let me know what you think.Good Health to YouCooked Food is Poison!Elaine , "Beverly Coose" <mermaidcharter@c...> wrote:> > I am into my 13th day of raw and again I am losing hair like

crazy. I> have taken advice and upped the greens in my diet, but still seem to be> losing TONS of hair. Has anyone else experienced this or know anything> about preventing it.> > I know I am not alone. This is a quote from THE RAW LIFE by Paul Nison.> It is from an interview with Gil Jacobs who has been raw for 18 years.> When asked about "Hair Loss and the Raw Food Diet", he said, " When> people lose their hair, it means there is something imperfect, but it> does not mean they are toxic. The body knows hair is less important so> it feeds the hair last. Therefore, when a guy starts losing his hair,> yeah it means his cells are not 100% clean, but it does not mean he is> dying. It does not mean he is toxic at all. Hair loss simply means that> the body does not have enough chi-energy to get to the hair.

When you> get into raw food, what often happens is you lose all your hair because> the system is going to get rid of the old. It has too much protein and> it is too acidic. It is going to give you new hair. Seven years ago, I> had very little hair. I was almost bald. Now I have a full head of> hair. What is going to happen is you are going to lose it and then it> is going to come back. It happens with women also. It is funny, they> scream "I'm losing my hair." What the body is doing is getting rid of> hair that is too acidic and it is going to grow new hair. That is what> hair loss is all about on a raw food diet."> > So obviously I'm at the point he spoke of where I'm LOSING MY HAIR..only> that's not OK with me!!! Does anyone have any insight, because honestly> I fell so discouraged

and question the raw food's ability to meet my> nutritional needs. (I know apes have tons of hair and eat raw food!)> But. I am losing my hair AGAIN as I do each time I go 100% raw, and I> take this as some nutritional need not being met. I don't have much> hair left to play with without loved ones becoming worried about the> soundness of my diet choices. I would like to have some confidence in> answering their concerns (as well as mine) about hair loss and what I am> doing about it. > > Any help/insight/information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in> advance. BEVERLY :-)

Try doing push ups, sit ups, jumping

jacks, running in place or something like that…it only takes a few

minutes and will warm you up internally very quickly.

BEV :)

Patricia Monica

[patrger]

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

5:39 PM

Feeling very

cold with this weather

Hi:

I have been raw for almost four months now.

Summer was easy, but I am having a really hard time keeping up warm during the

winter. I feel cold inside; it is hard to describe the sensation but I am

sure that many of you have gone through this experience of adjusting during the

winter. Any suggestions?

On another note,

I regained almost all the weight I lost at the beginning (which for me is

really good news)

Patricia

Elaine Rice-Fells

<shortydemp wrote:

Beverly,

Congratulations on your continued raw

eating. I understand your hair

loss concern. In addition to what's been

recommended from various

members of the group, I have yet another bit of

very good information

for you as my research continues. In the

book " Fresh Vegetable and

Fruit Juices " written by Norman W. Walker

D.Sc. you will find not

only an explanation as to why you are losing your

hair but the best

remedy I've seen so far. The book will serve

as a good source of

information and an addition to your raw

library.

Let me know what you think.

Good Health to You

Cooked Food is Poison!

Elaine

, " Beverly

Coose " <mermaidcharter@c...>

wrote:

>

> I am into my 13th day of raw and again I am

losing hair like

crazy. I

> have taken advice and upped the greens in my

diet, but still seem

to be

> losing TONS of hair. Has anyone else

experienced this or know

anything

> about preventing it.

>

> I know I am not alone. This is a quote

from THE RAW LIFE by Paul

Nison.

> It is from an interview with Gil Jacobs who

has been raw for 18

years.

> When asked about " Hair Loss and the Raw

Food Diet " , he said, " When

> people lose their hair, it means there is

something imperfect, but

it

> does not mean they are toxic. The

body knows hair is less

important so

> it feeds the hair last. Therefore, when

a guy starts losing his

hair,

> yeah it means his cells are not 100% clean,

but it does not mean he

is

> dying. It does not mean he is toxic at

all. Hair loss simply means

that

> the body does not have enough chi-energy to

get to the hair. When

you

> get into raw food, what often happens is you

lose all your hair

because

> the system is going to get rid of the

old. It has too much

protein and

> it is too acidic. It is going to give

you new hair. Seven years

ago, I

> had very little hair. I was almost

bald. Now I have a full head of

> hair. What is going to happen is you

are going to lose it and then

it

> is going to come back. It happens with

women also. It is funny,

they

> scream " I'm losing my hair. "

What the body is doing is getting rid

of

> hair that is too acidic and it is going to

grow new hair. That is

what

> hair loss is all about on a raw food

diet. "

>

> So obviously I'm at the point he spoke of

where I'm LOSING MY

HAIR..only

> that's not OK with me!!! Does anyone

have any insight, because

honestly

> I fell so discouraged and question the raw

food's ability to meet my

> nutritional needs. (I know apes have

tons of hair and eat raw

food!)

> But. I am losing my hair AGAIN as I do each

time I go 100% raw, and

I

> take this as some nutritional need not being

met. I don't have much

> hair left to play with without loved ones

becoming worried about the

> soundness of my diet choices. I would

like to have some confidence

in

> answering their concerns (as well as mine)

about hair loss and what

I am

> doing about it.

>

> Any help/insight/information will be greatly

appreciated. Thanks in

> advance. BEVERLY :-)

To

from this group, send an email to:

-

Your use of

is subject to the

Terms of Service.

Free

Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now

To from this

group, send an email to:

-

Your use of

is subject to the

Terms of Service.

Hi Patricia,

Congratulations for your efforts in staying the course on raw foods. In addition to Beverly's great suggestion on exercise, you can also try African bird cayenne pepper on your food. cayenne is great for circulation and warming the body pretty quickly. Did you know if you spinkle a little in your socks, that it would warm up cold feet? Yep, this works also. Or you can try drinking fresh ginger tea which can assist with circulation and warming of the body as well. Hope this helps.

Gary

Beverly Coose <mermaidcharter wrote:

Try doing push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, running in place or something like that…it only takes a few minutes and will warm you up internally very quickly.

BEV :)

Patricia Monica [patrger] Tuesday, December 02, 2003 5:39 PM Subject: Feeling very cold with this weather

Hi:

I have been raw for almost four months now. Summer was easy, but I am having a really hard time keeping up warm during the winter. I feel cold inside; it is hard to describe the sensation but I am sure that many of you have gone through this experience of adjusting during the winter. Any suggestions?

On another note, I regained almost all the weight I lost at the beginning (which for me is really good news)

Patricia

Elaine Rice-Fells <shortydemp wrote:

Beverly,Congratulations on your continued raw eating. I understand your hair loss concern. In addition to what's been recommended from various members of the group, I have yet another bit of very good information for you as my research continues. In the book "Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices" written by Norman W. Walker D.Sc. you will find not only an explanation as to why you are losing your hair but the best remedy I've seen so far. The

book will serve as a good source of information and an addition to your raw library. Let me know what you think.Good Health to YouCooked Food is Poison!Elaine , "Beverly Coose" <mermaidcharter@c...> wrote:> > I am into my 13th day of raw and again I am losing hair like crazy. I> have taken advice and upped the greens in my diet, but still seem to

be> losing TONS of hair. Has anyone else experienced this or know anything> about preventing it.> > I know I am not alone. This is a quote from THE RAW LIFE by Paul Nison.> It is from an interview with Gil Jacobs who has been raw for 18 years.> When asked about "Hair Loss and the Raw Food Diet", he said, " When> people lose their hair, it means there is something imperfect, but it> does not mean they are

toxic. The body knows hair is less important so> it feeds the hair last. Therefore, when a guy starts losing his hair,> yeah it means his cells are not 100% clean, but it does not mean he is> dying. It does not mean he is toxic at all. Hair loss simply means that> the body does not have enough chi-energy to get to the hair. When you> get into raw food, what often happens is you lose all your hair because>

the system is going to get rid of the old. It has too much protein and> it is too acidic. It is going to give you new hair. Seven years ago, I> had very little hair. I was almost bald. Now I have a full head of> hair. What is going to happen is you are going to lose it and then it> is going to come back. It happens with women also. It is funny, they> scream "I'm losing my hair." What the body is doing is getting rid of> hair

that is too acidic and it is going to grow new hair. That is what> hair loss is all about on a raw food diet."> > So obviously I'm at the point he spoke of where I'm LOSING MY HAIR..only> that's not OK with me!!! Does anyone have any insight, because honestly> I fell so discouraged and question the raw food's ability to meet my> nutritional needs. (I know apes have tons of hair and eat raw food!)> But. I am losing my hair AGAIN as I do each time I go

100% raw, and I> take this as some nutritional need not being met. I don't have much> hair left to play with without loved ones becoming worried about the> soundness of my diet choices. I would like to have some confidence in> answering their concerns (as well as mine) about hair loss and what I am> doing about it. > > Any help/insight/information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in> advance. BEVERLY

:-)