IndiaDivine.org

questions?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Greetings and Blessings,

I was going through the posts and noticed a recipe with Nutrional Yeast. Is this raw? What is it exactly? I have plenty of it and would like to use it. A great recipe for parmesan cheese is:

1c Nutrional Yeast Flakes

1/2 c raw almonds*

1/2 tsp salt

Place all the ingredients in a food processor, and process for severla minutes until the almonds are very finely ground.

* The recipe says to blanch the almonds, but soaked should work just fine. I have only made it with blanched, but when I finish what I have I will use raw/soaked almonds.

The Uncheese Cookbook by: Joanne Stepanaiak

Also, I am going to spend two months in Ghana in July (JAH willing) and I have a few questions.

I know that there are numerous fruits and veggies there, but what resources are available there? (i.e. juicer, dehydrater etc.) If they are not available how might I juice? I know that I will be able to find a blender/processor so that is not a worry. If I cannot find a juicer, how might I make juice the o'natural way?

Also, does anyone have any recipes that would be possible with the foods there? Can Cassava (Yucca) be eaten raw. I was told that it is poisenous raw. I use palm oil in many things now, so I know that I will be able to create with that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a bit apprehensive about my time there. I will be uncooking for others who are not raw foodist and I do not want to turn them away by my simple and not so perfect raw meals.

Blessings and Strength,

Astamari

P.S. My 21 day fast is going okay. I broke it one day and I was soooo sick. Never again will I do that!!! I just don't feel like I am really cleansing myself. I feel so much better, but I just don't feel as if I am truly cleansing. I am going to try just fruits for a few days and see if that helps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at HotJobs

Guest guest

Greetings Astamari. W/access to a blender you can use a nut milk bag and blend

your fruit or veggie and then strain out most of the fiber. You may find a

diminished desire for green juices w/the cleaner air and higher quality fruits.

As far as the old fashion way just chew until the juice is gone and discard what

is left (actully pretty refreshing).

peace,

Mark

ps the simple meals meals you make may be welcomed?

Guest guest

Yah First!

Shalom, Astamari!

There's are 3 Soul Vegetarian restaurants in Ghana under the name of Assase Pa (The Earth is Good). Anyone there can assist you with finding the resources you need for your live diet. I have the contact info for 2 of them. One is next to the Kwame Nkrumah Memorial in Accra. The phone number is 011-233-217-6-1936. Since Accra is the capital city, they should have most of the resources you need. There is also a Assasse Pa resort in Cape Coast on Hospital Road between two of the Slave Dungeons. The phone number is 011-234-230-9132.

I stayed in Ghana for 3 weeks in July 2000 and went all over. Although the cities had the resources, I preferred the country ("bush").

Enjoy your trip and if you have any further questions, please e-mail me off-line.

Love,

Zakhah

Astamari <queenastamari wrote:

Greetings and Blessings,

I was going through the posts and noticed a recipe with Nutrional Yeast. Is this raw? What is it exactly? I have plenty of it and would like to use it. A great recipe for parmesan cheese is:

1c Nutrional Yeast Flakes

1/2 c raw almonds*

1/2 tsp salt

Place all the ingredients in a food processor, and process for severla minutes until the almonds are very finely ground.

* The recipe says to blanch the almonds, but soaked should work just fine. I have only made it with blanched, but when I finish what I have I will use raw/soaked almonds.

The Uncheese Cookbook by: Joanne Stepanaiak

Also, I am going to spend two months in Ghana in July (JAH willing) and I have a few questions.

I know that there are numerous fruits and veggies there, but what resources are available there? (i.e. juicer, dehydrater etc.) If they are not available how might I juice? I know that I will be able to find a blender/processor so that is not a worry. If I cannot find a juicer, how might I make juice the o'natural way?

Also, does anyone have any recipes that would be possible with the foods there? Can Cassava (Yucca) be eaten raw. I was told that it is poisenous raw. I use palm oil in many things now, so I know that I will be able to create with that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a bit apprehensive about my time there. I will be uncooking for others who are not raw foodist and I do not want to turn them away by my simple and not so perfect raw meals.

Blessings and Strength,

Astamari

P.S. My 21 day fast is going okay. I broke it one day and I was soooo sick. Never again will I do that!!! I just don't feel like I am really cleansing myself. I feel so much better, but I just don't feel as if I am truly cleansing. I am going to try just fruits for a few days and see if that helps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Guest guest

Greetings Mark,

Where might I find a nut milk bag and/or a sprouting bag in the DC

Metro area? Preferbly in the city itself.

Thanx

Astamari

, blakenson@a... wrote:

> Greetings Astamari. W/access to a blender you can use a nut milk

bag and blend your fruit or veggie and then strain out most of the

fiber. You may find a diminished desire for green juices w/the

cleaner air and higher quality fruits. As far as the old fashion way

just chew until the juice is gone and discard what is left (actully

pretty refreshing).

> peace,

> Mark

> ps the simple meals meals you make may be welcomed?

Guest guest

I usually go on the net to find them; rawfamily, rawfood,rawfoodinfo about $8 or

less. Arnold's Way outside of Philly carries them also.

Peace,

Mark

Guest guest

Greetings Astamari. I ordered some nut/seed milk bags for my family in Ga. I 'll

recieve them some time this week, your welcome to have one when they arrive. I'm

trying a company out of New York w/organic cotton bags as opposed to the nylon

and see the difference.

peace,

Mark

Guest guest

Mark,

Give Thanx for the website. Yes, I would like a bag. How much? I

will be at Everlasting Life on Wed. evening for the yoga class. I

may try to get there again on Saturday.

Blessings and Strength

Astamari

, blakenson@a... wrote:

> www.highvibe.com

> Mark

Guest guest

No charge, It take about seven days so Friday should be the latest. I will let

you know when it arrives. If you haven't heard from me by Thursday, keep in mind

all the brain cells are still healing and remind me.

peace,

Mark