IndiaDivine.org

Soaking Oats

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Kareema

I understand that to soak seeds such as sunflower seeds, almonds, etc., helps with digestibility and also renews the life essence of the seed. I'd assume that this also applies to oat groats and ground oats...Ashtarra rreemak May 13, 2004 10:39 AM Soaking Oats Hi Everyone, I wanted to get your opinion on whether or not to soak oats. I bought some raw oats from the health food store as recommended by one of my friends. He told me that I can make oatmeal with that without soaking them. However, another friend of mines stated that it is better to soak them because it is easier to digest and easier to chew. Can someone please give me some advice on this? Thanks Kareema

Guest guest

Peace and Blessings,

I would have to say I am a bit of an expert on the oats because when I was transitioning from cooked to live, warm oatmeal was one of my son and my staple dishes. Plus most of my cookie recipes call for oats. I would definitely suggest soaking them. At the very least...3 hours. Are you using raw oat groats or rolled oats? Oat groats are a dried grain so they are hard, hard to chew and hard to digest.. Rolled oats have been processed and are fairly pliable. Milk will set them off but I don't like the texture. However, I believe there is no guarantee that rolled oats have had on fire on them. So you gotta be careful.

Love and Health,

Denzel

Hi Everyone, I wanted to get your opinion on whether or not to soak oats. I bought some raw oats from the health food store as recommended by one of my friends. He told me that I can make oatmeal with that without soaking them. However, another friend of mines stated that it is better to soak them because it is easier to digest and easier to chew. Can someone please give me some advice on this? Thanks Kareema

Movies - Buy advance tickets for 'Shrek 2'

Guest guest

The oat groats haven't done well w/me digestion wise my preference is buckwheat

groats which taste like oatmeal when I mix themm w/bannanas nutmeg and cinnamon

or carob powder ( you won't win the food combiners award). I have noticed a full

24hr soak seems to digest easier for me and letting them sproat for a day or two

even easier , although that gets time consuming. I don't do grain much. I feel a

little spacy and heavy when I do. I do like the tatse ad occassionaly I'm ok w/

the after effects.

peace and love,

Mark

Guest guest

Greetings Z,

Even with the humidity the sun will dry things, just like the plants dry out

when no rain falls. There is a place in Md Long floor supplies that carries

these screens we use in the flooring business to keep our floor finish clean.

They make a great cover for something your drying outside (the 5gal size), and

the gal size is really excellent for nut milk although it is made from nylon

instead of organic cotton.

Mark