IndiaDivine.org

21 day fall challenge

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi....I missed the last 21 day fast. I wanted to join for this one. I needed some advice on what to eat. I am a nursing mother. My son is 9 months old and nursing is still has nutritional base. I nurse him on demand. I live in Washington State. Is anyone on the group from Washington State? Or do you know anyone out this way? I would love to have additional support. Also I only have a blender. I don't have other equiptment...Could someone on the group send me some good ideas for blending. I am really concerned about getting the right nutrition while nursing.

Ibn ul-Qayyim,may Allah have mercy upon him,said:

The keys to the life of the heart lie in

reflecting upon the Qur'an,being humble before Allah in

secret,and leaving sins.

vote. - Register online to vote today!

Somewhere out there is a website for raw nursing Mom's. Anyone know it?

Make sure you get plenty of greens and sprouted legumes, beans, peas, etc. You both can have smoothies made with fruit and nut milk. When my 2nd son was that age he loved avocado (he'd eat 1/4 of one at a time). I'm sure there are other folks who have more ideas for you.

Nancy

Fatimah Bint Rasheed [salafyforlife] Tuesday, September 21, 2004 7:22 PM Subject: 21 day fall challenge

Hi....I missed the last 21 day fast. I wanted to join for this one. I needed some advice on what to eat. I am a nursing mother. My son is 9 months old and nursing is still has nutritional base. I nurse him on demand. I live in Washington State. Is anyone on the group from Washington State? Or do you know anyone out this way? I would love to have additional support. Also I only have a blender. I don't have other equiptment...Could someone on the group send me some good ideas for blending. I am really concerned about getting the right nutrition while nursing.

secret,and leaving sins.

Hello Fatimah,

I just finished reading Arnold Ehret's book on fasting (2nd time) and also read in another book recently, the title of which escapes my mind right now, that you must be careful when nursing and detoxing because you don't want a bunch of toxins running around in your body loose and getting into your baby through the milk. Maybe you could do your 21 days very gently so as not to disturb your baby. If you are really clean, then I guess it wouldn't have any negative effect. Anyway, just a thought.

Micaela

Fatimah Bint Rasheed <salafyforlife wrote:

secret,and leaving sins.

Greetings Fatimah:

Good to know that you're willing and ready to take control of yours

and your baby health during this cleansing period. You may recall

this past April when we all took the Live Foods Challenge for 21

days, Sunyatta, co-owner of the group was nursing her baby at the

time. She consumed all live foods during that time and I tell you,

her baby was the picture of health and full to the top with energy.

You can't go wronge with Live Foods (fruits, vegies, nuts and seeds).

I'd like to call on Sunyatta and our Mochamoms, Althea and Monica to

chime in at this point as I'm not experienced at all in breast

feeding.

Fatimah, there are also two webs site that I found that may be of

interest to you concerning breast feeding: http://www.mochamoms.org

and http://www.aabaonloine.com.

Hope this helps.

Elaine

Hi...I know someone who makes the frozen banana ice cream (or other

fruits such as peaches etc.) in their blender. I thought you had to

have a Champion or similar juicer, but they put the frozen fruit in the

blender and it was great!!! Blessings, Ashtarra

Thanks for all of the responses guys.

As for my state of cleanliness...hmmmmmmmmmm, well I would say I am definitely cleaner than the people that still eat the SAD...however I guess you would say I am a yo-yo rawfooder. I have gone raw before for about 6 months when I was living in Egypt....this has been about a year and half ago. It was THE highlight of my life. I have never felt such burst of energy. When I returned to the states, I was welcomed with Philly Cheesesteak, Hot wings and Pizza. I remember getting very sick that night and I struggled to try to maintain the standard of living that I had set for myself. It had evolved over a period of 3 years living in Egypt going from fish once a week, to fish once a month, to vegan to raw food/fruitarianism. Everyone around me though I was CRAZY and I gave in. Over this last year I have attempted to gravitate back to raw fooding 100% but it has been hard...dear husband is a hard-core meat fan. But even

though I have been eating cooked meals, I still maintain a high raw food intake. Every morning I blend green juice (cabbage, spinach, spring onions, cayenne pepper, ginger, and celery) During the day I always partake of a couple of fruit smoothies usually consisting of 3 to 4 different fruit. I try to use totally different fruit in each one. So, you all give me your opinion...Do you think I am clean enough to embark on this 21 day challenge and my nursing baby not feel drastic effects from it??? I intend by this 21 day challenge to gain my energy back and to lose weight. I also want to gain the strength and support to maintain this past 21 days into life. Sorry guys for being so long winded. All opinions will be greatly appreciated.

FatimahPower Unlimited <powerunlimited1 wrote:

Hello Fatimah,

I just finished reading Arnold Ehret's book on fasting (2nd time) and also read in another book recently, the title of which escapes my mind right now, that you must be careful when nursing and detoxing because you don't want a bunch of toxins running around in your body loose and getting into your baby through the milk. Maybe you could do your 21 days very gently so as not to disturb your baby. If you are really clean, then I guess it wouldn't have any negative effect. Anyway, just a thought.

Micaela

Fatimah Bint Rasheed <salafyforlife wrote:

secret,and leaving sins.

secret,and leaving sins.

Hello, Fatimah,

I too am embarking on the 21-day fast, and I am not starting as a 100% raw fooder. I was raw for about 60 days last year and it was wonderful. While I still have not consumed meat since then, I have not found the discipline to maintain a 100% raw food lifestyle.

Each year before Easter, my church has a 21-day fast. It is more accurately described as an elimination diet. Although I had attended raw foods classes, I consider the fast as the proof that I should begin this journey. On the "fast", you gradually eliminate toxic foods until about day 12. For three days you juice and then gradually add in other foods. I felt so refreshed and renewed that I began questioning whether I was supposed to maintain my then regular diet. A few months after my second year with the church fast, Lynda Carter had invited Victoria Botenko to Richmond, VA to speak to their group. By the time she finished speaking, I could practically feel my body yelling "yes." My guess is that yours is doing the same thing right now.

As to whether you should do the 21-day fast or perhaps an elimination fast, I think you should first ask yourself the questions that have been circulating the past week or so such as,"what is your intent?" If your question really relates to whether it is healthy to go "cold turkey", I'm not sure. Although you may eat a lot of the SAD, you also appear to eating a lot of raw foods. I have found that my body will indicate when I've gone too far or I need more of one raw food to address any deficiency. Make sure you have young coconuts so that you can replace nutrients, and be ready for those raw food cravings that will help you get back on track (that's my own pep talk!).

I enjoy all of the e-mails I get about raw foods from the group. Let me know if you all would like the handout from my church about the 21-day fast that we do.

Thanks.

Kathy

Let the journey continue!

As a follow-up, since you're nursing, you probably don't want to do just juices (if you follow the elimination diet). Does anyone know of a nutritionist that Fatimah could consult to ensure she's getting enough nutrients?

Kathy

Doing the fast is a great idea. Don't attach anything to the out come , just

committ to gaining renewed understanding of yourself and by all means enjoy it.

Just your desire to get back to a place you experienced before is indication of

your resilient nature. This will come in handy.

peace and inspiration,

Mark

I formally lived in Africa, I observed women feeding their children until 5 or six years old. When I reluctantly returned to the States, and had my own child I breast feed her until she was three years old. Boy was she mad at me when I stopped. When not breast feeding she was given nut milks. She is now 17, no cavities, a brainyact and she six feet tall. Let them suck. Zatiti

Please know that some people on this group are outside the culture and are asking questions from their particular cultural position. In the spirit of Kujachagalia I don't feel inclined to answer.