IndiaDivine.org

Day 3

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been doing well. Dear husband RELUCTANTLY picked me up a few things. It made a tremendous difference in my energy level and how I feel in relation to hunger. I followed a smoothie recipe I saw in the Garden Diet by Jinjee and Storm Talifero. Banana, Dates, Raw Tahini, Raw Honey, Flax Seed Oil and Water. Not only did it fill me, I was shocked at how much it tasted like a milkshake. This was on day 2. This morning, when I got up, I was suprised to find that I had a craving for this particular smoothie. My body most likely needed what the vitamins and minerals in this shake. I also tasted Sprouted Bread for the very first time and started sprouting some black wild rice yesterday. It will be a first for that too. I am feeling well, feeling light (physically) and most importantly, FEEL LIKE GOING ON!!!!

Ok guys...need your imput on one things. For us muslims, Ramadaan is coming around the middle of October. This means from Sunrise to Sunset, I will fast. Islamic fasting is a dry fast...you don't partake of anything. So from Sunset to Sunrise will be my eating pattern. Give me some ideas of what to do to sustain my energy during the day and breastfeed the baby. Any ideas are appreciated, recipes, anything.

Fatimah

Ibn ul-Qayyim,may Allah have mercy upon him,said:

The keys to the life of the heart lie in

reflecting upon the Qur'an,being humble before Allah in

secret,and leaving sins.

Hi,

I just had an idea. Since you know ahead of time, you could pump your breasts a little at a time and then freeze your milk, so you'd be able to have plenty for the baby during the fast. Just make sure you defrost it in a bowl of warm water. Microwaves destroy practically all that's good. My concern is that you might not get enough water, etc. to make enough milk during the fast.

Congrats on your progress and be sure to give your hubby an extra hug and kiss for helping you along the way:-)

Nancy

Fatimah Bint Rasheed [salafyforlife] Friday, September 24, 2004 6:35 PM Subject: Day 3

I have been doing well. Dear husband RELUCTANTLY picked me up a few things. It made a tremendous difference in my energy level and how I feel in relation to hunger. I followed a smoothie recipe I saw in the Garden Diet by Jinjee and Storm Talifero. Banana, Dates, Raw Tahini, Raw Honey, Flax Seed Oil and Water. Not only did it fill me, I was shocked at how much it tasted like a milkshake. This was on day 2. This morning, when I got up, I was suprised to find that I had a craving for this particular smoothie. My body most likely needed what the vitamins and minerals in this shake. I also tasted Sprouted Bread for the very first time and started sprouting some black wild rice yesterday. It will be a first for that too. I am feeling well, feeling light (physically) and most importantly, FEEL LIKE GOING ON!!!!

Ok guys...need your imput on one things. For us muslims, Ramadaan is coming around the middle of October. This means from Sunrise to Sunset, I will fast. Islamic fasting is a dry fast...you don't partake of anything. So from Sunset to Sunrise will be my eating pattern. Give me some ideas of what to do to sustain my energy during the day and breastfeed the baby. Any ideas are appreciated, recipes, anything.

Fatimah

secret,and leaving sins.

Hello /Fatimah

I nursed my daughter for two and a half years. She was never sick,

never had an ear infection, etc. In spite of the fact that her parents

both have poor eyesight, she has exceptional vision and hearing, and is

generally very healthy....I used wheatgrass as a staple then and I would

mix it with lemon, and maple syrup, and I was always surprised at the

strength I obtained from it...Perhaps you could drink straight

wheatgrass juice prior to sunrise and at sunset...Thanks also for the

mention of the shake (the one with tahini)...I am going to get a banana

later and try it....Ashtarra

It is an E-Book from their site. They have about 10 or 11 now. "Ashtarra J. Brissette" <arcadiapress wrote:

Hello /Fatimah...Is "Garden Diet" something from the Taliferro'swebsite or is that a book they have published? Thanks, Ashtarra

secret,and leaving sins.

Thanks Ashtarra. I have never drank wheatgrass juice before. (Although I purchased some wheatgrass for that purpose) Do you just put the entire wheatgrass plant, lemon and syrup in a blender?"Ashtarra J. Brissette" <arcadiapress wrote:

Hello /FatimahI nursed my daughter for two and a half years. She was never sick,never had an ear infection, etc. In spite of the fact that her parentsboth have poor eyesight, she has exceptional vision and hearing, and isgenerally very healthy....I used wheatgrass as a staple then and I wouldmix it with lemon, and maple syrup, and I was always surprised at thestrength I obtained from it...Perhaps you could drink straightwheatgrass juice prior to sunrise and at sunset...Thanks also for themention of the shake (the one with tahini)...I am going to get a bananalater and try it....Ashtarra

secret,and leaving sins.

New and Improved Mail - Send 10MB messages!

Hi Raw Soul/Fatimah...I used to put the wheatgrass in the blender, with

water about a quarter or half full, depending on how much I wanted it

diluted, and then I strained it. Then I would put the wheatgrass juice

(with water) back in the blender and added the lemon and maple syrup.

Now, you are not getting the full " hit " of the wheatgrass juice as if

you drank it undiluted, but it used to work as a fine transition to full

strength wheatgrass...I liked to drink it for a change...and I could

still feel the impact of it's energy!!! Blessings...Ashtarra