IndiaDivine.org

I got to go the Natural Food Expo Today ! Thanks Heather for the Heads Up

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I attended the Natural Food Expo East today, and I was overwhelmed with what is out there in organics and natural food. I met Lara of the Lara Bars, which are raw and she gave me a case of assorted bars because I knew about her product and most people she said that has been coming by her booth did not. Yipee! There was the Raw Mom, who makes brownies and both she and Lara are about 50-75% raw, but striving to get there. I received a package of Bran Crispbread which is dehydrated at a temp of 105 and he is out of SC. For those of you with Children and don't have time to bake - Nana's Cookie Bars are kosher, all, natural and vegan - sweeten with fruit juice - they have a little bit more stuff than I eat, but I think of them as a healthy alternative to Oreo's and stuff. The range was from natural, whole organic to household products and over 100 vendors on pet products. Andrew (son) and I were there for 5 hours and didn't even get through a 1/3 of the show. I did take a break to attend a book signing by Brigitte Mars the author of Rawsome and I got the book free as a business owner. The most amazing thing I saw was the soy like caviar - it looks and taste like the real thing. I was impressed. Everyone wants you to try their stuff, by row 4, I was full and had to turn away some things, the were ice cream made from nuts - it was wonderful, my son, who loves cheese, was in heaven - there were about 4 vendors that we got to, with raw cheese - we hadn't got deep into cheese country before we left, we couldn't hang. I tasted wonderful oils, that I would love to incorporate in my raw lifestyle - macadamia, pistachio, and an olive oil from Italy that had a flower bouquet with it - man that was wonderful and although I could smell olives, it had a very rich flavor.

I have never seen so much chocolate in my life - raw, organic same with honey, my Lord, are there any bees left - now that was really overwhelming. I attended a workshop on Syndrome X which is the result of eating processed food - I have simplified, for it is far more than that, but it is an issue with who can afford wholesome food - people in low income groups buy the cheaper food because it is affordable, forget organic, and what is good for them is difficult. On Monday the Keynote Speaker - Martin Luther King III, will be addressing that as he promotes the Beloved Community, his father's vision , and talking to manufacturers and vendors about working to make the food more affordable and more accessible. I would love to hear that but alas, I must go to work.

So off tomorrow I go, I think this time with DH - or he may choose Sunday. I don't know - there was a fee to attend, and so that is paid, and we if not we, I will take advantage of it. I enjoy attending those things with someone, but I am a trooper and will go alone if necessary, but I hope not!.

There was lots of water - some with extra oxygen, some with calcium, oh and there are some guy that sell coconut water - fresh, cold and great. I have some literature and samples that I will probably go to sleep in a pamphlet tonite- I will be very happy!

Be blessed in your comings and your goings.