IndiaDivine.org

Coconut Water

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello Raw Soul: I have a question about coconut water. I reread a

brief article about Dr. Aris Latham that was posted on by Dr.

Amen, and he suggested drinking coconut water first thing in the morning

to cleanse the body. The amount was 14 oz I think. Does this amount

come from one coconut? Is it better to use the regular coconut or

" young coconuts " ? I have read our discussions about coconuts, but

didn't read this info. I am thinking about my morning routine and

wondering how many coconuts I would need to open!! Thanks...Ashtarra

• 1 month later...

Khepere & all,

I find it amazing that you can drink that much coconut water because if I have more than one glass (8 oz) of coconut water in a day, I have all kinds of fat related problems (it's VERY full of good for you fat). I get light headed, unfocused, irritable, etc. For me, I guess, I just can't handle that much fat, I don't digest it properly and it sits in my blood stream or something. I only mention it, so that if there are others out there sensitive to fat, or who try this and start having strange symptoms, they can connect it to possibly being too much fat for them.

Nancy

Nancy Parlette Natural Health Counselor Nutrition Educator (410) 531-2410 pnparlette

Hey there Nancy,

I think you are confusing coconut water with coconut milk/cream. Coconut water is

99% fat free.

Coconut water is a clear colored,

naturally distilled water from the middle of young coconuts. Coconut milk is

creamy and derived from the white meat of the coconut flesh when blended and

strained.

Some info:

Coconut water contains healthy organic compounds possessing

healthy growth promoting properties that help to:

Keep the body

cool and at the proper temperature

Carry nutrients

and oxygen to cells

Naturally

replenish your body's fluids after exercising

Raise your

metabolism

Promote weight

loss

Boost your immune

system

Detoxify and

fight viruses

Cleanse your

digestive tract

Control diabetes

Aid your body in

fighting viruses that cause the flu, herpes and more

Balance your PH

and reduce risk of cancer

Treat kidney and

urethral stones

Boost poor

circulation

Also from the net…Here is some information about

Coconut Water:

" It's

a natural isotonic beverage, with the same level of electrolytic balance as we

have in our blood. It's the fluid of life, so to speak. " In fact, during

the Pacific War of 1941-45, both sides in the conflict regularly used coconut

water - siphoned directly from the nut - to give emergency plasma transfusions to

wounded soldiers.

Coconut Water is More Nutritious than whole milk

- Less fat and NO cholesterol!

Coconut Water is More Healthy than Orange Juice

- Much lower calories

Coconut Water is Better than processed baby

milk- It contains lauric acid, which is present in human mother's milk

Coconut water is naturally sterile -- Water

permeates though the filtering husk!

Coconut water is a universal donor-- Its

identical to human blood plasma

Coconut Water is a Natural Isotonic Beverage -

The same level we have in our blood.

Coconut water has saved lives in 3rd world

countries thru Coconut IV.

" Coconut

water is the very stuff of Nature, biologically Pure, full of Natural Sugars,

Salts, and Vitamins to ward off fatigue... and is the next wave of energy

drinks BUT natural! " , according to Mortin Satin, Chielf of the United

Nation's Food & Agriculture Organization.

Coconut

water contains more potassium (at about 294 mg) than most sports drinks (117

mg) and most energy drinks.

Coconut

water has less sodium (25mg) where sports drinks have around 41mg and energy

drinks have about 200 mg!

Coconut

water has 5mg of Natural Sugars where sports and energy drinks range from

10-25mg of Altered Sugars.

Coconut

water is very high in Chloride at 118mg, compared to sports drinks at about

39mg.

Data

is based on a 100ml drink.

pnparlette [pnparlette]

Friday, December 24, 2004

9:41 AM

RE: coconut

water

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada

Thanks Sunyatta, I'm convinced. As I mentioned earlier, in 2003 we fasted on pure distilled water for 14 days and this year for 21 days. I'm looking forward to the 30 day challenge in '05 and to be able to record the differences. The benefits are certainly inviting and sounds like what I need to jump start my final 5% stretch to becoming and maintaining 100% raw. Plus, the coconut water tastes s o o o much better than plain distilled water.

Don't miss out on this challenge, members. It's sounds like a winner. Any more takers? So far I've counted at least 10 of us "dare devils." Come on, we can do this.

For those who remember my recent posts about the locally distilled water company, I don't meant to double talk and must admit that I will continue to use distilled water for soaking and sprouting but as for drinking, what can I say. . ., I'm still learning and ready to move on."dr. sunyatta amen" <dr.sunyatta wrote:

Hey there Nancy,

I think you are confusing coconut water with coconut milk/cream. Coconut water is 99% fat free.

Coconut water is a clear colored, naturally distilled water from the middle of young coconuts. Coconut milk is creamy and derived from the white meat of the coconut flesh when blended and strained.

Some info:

Coconut water contains healthy organic compounds possessing healthy growth promoting properties that help to:

Good Health to You

Elaine

The all-new My – Get yours free!

Sunyatta,

I did not know coconut water is 99% fat free. The water as you described is what I have had and get a reaction from. Hmm, that is really strange to me because it is the same reaction I get from all other high fat things? Where did you get the 99% info from? I just heard (not from any authority) the other day that coconut water has more fat than the coconut meat? Well, which ever it is, I wish I could drink more of it, but not at the moment.

N.

Nancy Parlette Natural Health Counselor Nutrition Educator (410) 531-2410 pnparlette

dr. sunyatta amen [dr.sunyatta] Friday, December 24, 2004 7:54 PM Subject: RE: coconut water

Hey there Nancy,

I think you are confusing coconut water with coconut milk/cream. Coconut water is 99% fat free.

I am with youJacki " E. Rice-Fells " <shortydemp " E. Rice-Fells " <shortydemp12/24/2004 11:58 PMPlease respond to To: cc: (bcc: Jacqueline D. Rooths/CFO/HHQ/HUD) Subject: RE: coconut waterThanks Sunyatta, I'm convinced. As I mentioned earlier, in 2003 we fasted on pure distilled water for 14 days and this year for 21 days. I'm looking forward to the 30 day challenge in '05 and to be able to record the differences. The benefits are certainly inviting and sounds like what I need to jump start my final 5% stretch to becoming and maintaining 100% raw. Plus, the coconut water tastes s o o o much better than plain distilled water. Don't miss out on this challenge, members. It's sounds like a winner. Any more takers? So far I've counted at least 10 of us " dare devils. " Come on, we can do this. For those who remember my recent posts about the locally distilled water company, I don't meant to double talk and must admit that I will continue to use distilled water for soaking and sprouting but as for drinking, what can I say. . ., I'm still learning and ready to move on. " dr. sunyatta amen " <dr.sunyatta wrote:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = " urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office " /> Hey there <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = " urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags " />Nancy,I think you are confusing coconut water with coconut milk/cream. Coconut water is 99% fat free. Coconut water is a clear colored, naturally distilled water from the middle of young coconuts. Coconut milk is creamy and derived from the white meat of the coconut flesh when blended and strained. Some info:Coconut water contains healthy organic compounds possessing healthy growth promoting properties that help to: Good Health to You ElaineThe all-new My – Get yours free!

I am going to participate in the challenge. However, I will be at Optimum Health Institute from 12/26 to 1/10. I will be cleaning my palate during that time and will fast for the remaining of the month. Not sure what type of liquid just yet. I will let my body tell me. So far I do not like coconut water. My fast will be for 21 days.

Darcia

Merrry Christmas

"E. Rice-Fells" <shortydemp wrote:

Don't miss out on this challenge, members. It's sounds like a winner. Any more takers? So far I've counted at least 10 of us "dare devils." Come on, we can do this.