IndiaDivine.org

Poor diet linked to bad behaviour

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I wanted to share this with our group. I notice that many families do not feed their children live foods. They continue to feed their families the SAD( Standard American Diet.) We are only doing our children a disservice by doing so. Just to give you an idea of what can happen with children and live food. When my son was on live food for 30days his academic's improved. He made the A honor roll. Which he had not been on for a while.

Be Well,

Lynda

Children who have a poor diet are more likely to become aggressive andanti-social, US researchers believe.The University of Southern California found a lack of zinc, iron, vitamin Band protein in the first three years caused bad behavior later on.At eight years old, children fed poorly were more likely to be irritable andpick fights than those fed healthily.Aged 11, they swore, cheated and got into fights, and at 17, they stole,bullied others and took drugs.The researchers analyzed the development of more than 1,000 children onMauritius, an island in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Africa, over 14years.They found the more malnourished the children were, the greater theanti-social behavior later on.The team took into account factors such as social background, health andeducation, the American Journal of Psychiatry reported.Report co-author Adrian Raine said parents could prevent their childrendeveloping bad behavior by ensuring they get better diets."Poor nutrition leads to low IQ, which leads to later anti-social behaviour."At a societal level, should parents be thinking more about what kids areeating?"There's more to anti-social behavior than nutrition, but we argue that itis an important missing link.Risk factors"Biology is not destiny, we can change the biological disposition toanti-social and aggressive behavior."Fellow researcher Jianghong Liu, of the university's Social Science ResearchInstitute, agreed."Identifying the early risk factors for this behaviour in childhood andadolescence is an important first step for developing successful preventionprograms for adult violence."But DR Ann Hagell, research development adviser at the Nuffield Foundation,a charitable trust which funds social and education research, raised doubtsabout the findings."I would not dismiss the study out-of-hand but I would be surprised if dietplays a big role."In my experience diet is not part of the explanation."It can cause hyper activity disorders, but anti-social behavior is moreinfluenced by parenting and genetics and teen peer pressure in teenag."

Children who have a poor diet are more likely to become aggressive andanti-social, US researchers believe.The University of Southern California found a lack of zinc, iron, vitamin Band protein in the first three years caused bad behaviour later on.At eight years old, children fed poorly were more likely to be irritable andpick fights than those fed healthily.Aged 11, they swore, cheated and got into fights, and at 17, they stole,bullied others and took drugs.The researchers analysed the development of more than 1,000 children onMauritius, an island in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Africa, over 14years.They found the more malnurished the children were, the greater theanti-social behaviour later on.The team took into account factors such as social background, health andeducation, the American Journal of Psychiatry reported.Report co-author Adrian Raine said parents could prevent their childrendeveloping bad behaviour by ensuring they get better diets."Poor nutrition leads to low IQ, which leads to later anti-social behaviour."At a societal level, should parents be thinking more about what kids areeating?"There's more to anti-social behaviour than nutrition, but we argue that itis an important missing link.Risk factors"Biology is not destiny, we can change the biological disposition toanti-social and aggressive behaviour."Fellow researcher Jianghong Liu, of the university's Social Science ResearchInstitute, agreed."Identifying the early risk factors for this behaviour in childhood andadolescence is an important first step for developing successful preventionprogrammes for adult violence."But Dr Ann Hagell, research development adviser at the Nuffield Foundation,a charitable trust which funds social and education research, raised doubtsabout the findings."I would not dismiss the study out-of-hand but I would be surprised if dietplays a big role."In my experience diet is not part of the explanation."It can cause hyper activity disorders, but anti-social behaviour is moreinfluenced by parenting and genetics and teen peer pressure in teenag."