IndiaDivine.org

A New Challenge for 2005

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Greetings Members:

I've not been very active in the group lately, because of a needed break and time away which has been done and I am now back with a "CHALLENGE." Throughout the year we've had discussions about the benefits of cleansing and detoxing our systems and in "my opinion," the best is through extended water fasting. Some of you are aware of Ron's and my past two annual water fasts for 14 and 21 days.

Two weeks from today beginning January 1, 2005, Ron and I will attempt a 30 water fast, this time using water from Young Coconuts. In preparation for this, during the next two weeks we will limit our food consumption to only fruits (mostly citrus), fresh juices, veggies, nuts and seeds. No dehydrated foods and hopfully, no packaged foods (i.e. oils, nama shoyu, spices). We've observed in the past that this preparation makes it easier to get through the first 3 days which is the fastest detoxing phase also called "withdrawal pains." We will also attempt to keep you posted on the happenings.

Many of you (if you fell off the wagon during the holidays) are probably thinking of some way to either "jump start" yourselves back onto the raw foods track or simply improve what you've done thus far. Some may do this quarterly with the equinox's while others may want to make this your New Year's resolution. Whatever your decision, I'm offering this GROUP CHALLENGE with hopes to make life a little easier on your journey.

I advise you to thoroughly do your homework on this subject to be aware of how, why, do's, don'ts, benefits and pitfalls of fasting. It will also enable you to hold off the negative vibes that I guarantee, you will receive from friends and family. Believe me, if you let others know what you're doing and for how long, prepare to be labled "crazy" and told that you will literally die if you don't eat something.

SPECIAL NOTE: DO AN EXTENDED FAST ONLY IF YOU'RE IN BASICALLY GOOD HEALTH! IF YOU HAVE ANY THING "CHRONIC" PLEASE FAST ONLY UNDER SUPERVISION!!!

YOU decide what kind of fast for yourself: Pure Water, Young Coconut Water, Fresh Juice (green and fruit), Fresh Fruit, Master Cleanse or simply All Live, organically grown Fresh Produce. If you decide to use Young Coconut Water contact Khep on 202-545-1717 for Coconut Water by the case. This is absolutely the greatest water for nursing moms.

In 's home page under "Links" and "Files" you will find suggested reading and links to websites about fasting.

Documentation:

Maintain a daily journal

Note everything that you experience and the changes your body goes through good or bad

Get as much rest as possible

Practice Yoga and/or proper breathing

Take short walks and get in as much fresh air and sun as possible

Check your weight (you decide how often)

Take your body measurements

Note any and everything that's ailing you prior to the fast: poor sleeping, arthritic joints, bad skin, headaches, not so bright eyes, coated tongue, poor digestion or over weight problems.

Note your rising body temp and blood pressure, daily at the same time if possible

Communicate with a partner, someone who understands for check-in purposes

Take pictures of yourself (before and after)

If you care to share your event with the group PLEASE do so ONLY, by establishing a personal folder for yourself in the "Files" and "Photo" sections in Rawsoul's homepage. We do not want to overwhelm other members with daily emails. Emails of this sort will be deleted.

Feel free to email me personally with your private concerns at shortydemp.

YOU CAN DO THIS! HAVE AN EXCITING CLEANSING and LETS GET READY TO GO LIVE IN 'O5!

Good Health to You

Elaine

Mail - You care about security. So do we.

Thanks for putting that out there. I've done a ten day water and extended juice

fast. I had planed on a fourty day water fast in the spring in Costa Rico,

taking time off from work. I'll give this thirty day a shot and see how i feel

w/the physical activity of work. I 'm thinking just water w/out the coconut

water may be counter productive unless I'm less active, which I'm not ready to

be at this time. I'll be running in the Cherry blossom 10mile in April and

detovxing is a great way to start my training.

peace,

Mark

Elaine,

you can count me in. I will start immediately after my January class. If I can figure it out I might do it during the class. Detox is a Very Good thing.

Abundant Health,

Lynda

salamu.

where could i find the coconut water? i have seen it in the caribbean

supermarkets out here, but i do not believe that it is organic or even

filled with the proper nutrients in order to consume for 30 days

straight. i would love to join you on the journey, as i already had

plans in doing a fast of some sort into the new year.

peace.

sol

I will be participating in the water fast challenge using primarily coconut water the first week of the fast. I will return to work and my "normal" exercise routine for the next seven days to see how my body responds and make adjustments (less exercise, more water, green juices,etc). I am looking forward to the experience and hearing from all of you about the rewards and challenges of your individual fasts.

Toni