IndiaDivine.org

HOW MUCH FAT IS IN YOUR RAW DIET?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Blessings Everyone,

I am learning so much from these discussions. I think I am experiencing similar issues with fats and nuts.

I'd like to find out more about the banana diet-

Perhaps there are more details on Dr.Graham's website?

I'll be looking for his book.

I just purchased Dr.Cousins book Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine and I'll be studying this now that I have a break from grad school.

I am sooo inspired by Everyone who is water and coconut water fasting.

Abundant blessings to all

one love

pam

Greetings Members:

Found this in anothr group and thought it worth sharing. THINK ABOUT IT.

THE BAD NEWS ABOUT RAW FAT By Dr. Douglas N. GrahamThis is a brief overview of some concepts from my upcoming booklet entitled "Fruit or Fat?:

What Raw Fooders Don't Know Could Kill Them." This introductory piece gives you a glimpse into an essential and controversial raw-food issue: the fact that the average raw fooder consumes an astonishingly unhealthy amount of fat. To discuss the many questions youwill surely have after reading this article, you can join my online discussion group at www.vegsource.com (click on Raw & Sport/Graham).

Also, check my Web site, www.doctorgraham.cc and www.healthgeniuses.com, from timeto time. I'll announce the publication of "Fruit or Fat?" sometime in 2003.Confusing Advice About Fat Most mainstream and "raw" experts assert that eating fat does not make us fat. They tell us that refined isolated fats and oils should be considered "health foods." Many raw-food leaders teach that consuming fat won't harm us as long as it's raw. Some even insist that eating up to 80% of calories from fat is perfectly fine. They say that the unstable fats in nuts and seeds can withstand the heat of lengthy dehydration and subsequent room-temperature storage without degrading. They even go so far as to classify refined oil as "juice," suggesting that we drink it as a daily health practice. You would do well to question all of this advice. Consider the following:Myth: If It's Raw, It's Okay

Despite the marketing hype from vendors of olive, flax, borage, hemp, grapeseed, and other "healthy" oils, these products are stripped of their carbohydrates, protein, and fiber. That means oils are refined foods--no longer the whole foods we all know our bodies were designed for. Worse, we consume quantities of fat as oil that we would be unlikely to eat as whole foods.

Here are some important facts about fat.* Cooked or raw, higher-than-healthy levels of fat in the bloodstream force fat to precipitate and adhere to arterial walls, a condition known as atherosclerosis. A variety of vascular disorders are related to excessive consumption of dietary fat.* Cooked or raw, increased fat in the bloodstream reduces the oxygen-carrying capacity of red blood cells, predisposing us to cancer and adversely affecting all cellular function, including brain-cell function. This results in impaired clarity of thought and decision making and may set the stage for senility, memory dysfunction, and learning disabilities.* Cooked or raw, increased fat in the bloodstream requires an increased adrenaline response in order to drive the pancreas to produce insulin. Following excess stimulation, adrenal exhaustion sets in, the precursor for conditions such as Epstein-Barr virus, chronic fatigue syndrome,

lupus, and myofascial disease, to name just a few.* Cooked or raw, increased fat in the bloodstream results in increased demand for insulin. The resultant continuous drain on the pancreas eventually leads to pancreatic fatigue and chronically elevated blood-sugar levels. This predisposes us to a group of lipid (fat) metabolic disorders, mistakenly referred to as "blood-sugar metabolic disorders": hyper- andhypoglycemia, hyperinsulinism, candida yeast, diabetes, and others. Whether you eat cooked animal fat or raw vegetable oil, too much fat is too much fat, and we must recognize its health-destroying potential.Fat, Not Sugar Is the Culprit

Here lies a key and often-misunderstood physiological fact: In the presence of fat, our bodies require significantly higher-than-normal amounts of insulin to transport blood sugar across the vessel wall and the cell membrane. It's the fat--not the sugar--in our diets that is a primary cause of candida, diabetes, and other blood-sugar problems. In "Fruit or Fat?," I discuss this at length.So, How Much Fat Should We Eat?

The percentage of calories that we consume as fat is an essential consideration for all of us, cooked or raw. The Pritikin Longevity Center, which holds the finest health regeneration record of any organization in the U.S., recommends a dietary fat consumption of 10% or less. Keeping your fat consumption down to a maximum of 10% of your calories is by far the most healthful practice.SAD, Veggie, Vegan, Raw...Fat, Fat, Fat, Fattest?

Here are some numbers that may shock you. It is a well-known fact that those who eat the standard American diet (SAD) average a whopping 42% of their calories from fat. Surprisingly, I've found that vegetarian and vegan diets tend to contain approximately 42% of calories from fat, as well. Vegetarians tend to consume a high amount of dairy, and vegans generally increase their use of oils. Most unexpectedly, I have found that the average raw fooder eats even more fat than those who live on standard American fare. The oils, nuts, seeds, coconuts, avocados, olives, durians, and other fatty fruit in the overall diet of raw fooders add up to an astonishing 60% of calories (often much more) from fat."Fruit or Fat?" will step you through the numbers in detail. For now, I'll give you just a brief illustration. A large green salad, including an entire head of romaine lettuce, some tomatoes, and a variety of nonroot vegetables would contain about 100 calories,

some 15 of which would come from fat. A dressing that blends three tablespoons of oil (375 calories), an ounce of pine nuts (178 calories), and some cilantro, salt, and lemon juice would supply about 550 calories - about 530 of them from fat. Dice in a small avocado (250 calories - 85% fat), and the resulting 900-calorie meal would provide about 90 calories from carbohydrates, about 55 from protein, and more than 755 of its calories from fat - that's 84% fat!80/10/10 for Optimum Health

When I've done this math on full meal plans with thousands of raw fooders over the years, they¹ve seen for themselves: the standard raw diet is extremely high in fat. In "Fruit or Fat?" I'll step you through the math, showing you that a low-fat, high-fruit raw diet that contains 80%carbohydrates (from fruit), 10% protein, and 10% fat is by far the most healthful and sustainable raw-food approach.You're Likely To Be Consuming Too Much Fat If You

* Have candida, diabetes, hypoglycemia, chronic fatigue.* Suffer from heart disease, cancer, or any digestive disorder.* Break out in acne, whiteheads, or blemishes.* Experience skin problems such as psoriasis, eczema, or dandruff.* Eat--or even desire--complex carbohydrates such as bread, pasta, rice, corn, or potatoes.* Crave sweets after dinner.* Finish a meal and then desire heavy, concentrated foods such as nuts, seeds, or avocado.Good Health to You

Elaine

Mail - Easier than ever with enhanced search. Learn more.

Elaine,

This is AWESOME information! I've heard Doug talk about it before and, in fact, it is what has saved me from my fuzzy thinking dilemma several years ago. I will stand fast and firm behind what he says because I am a prime example. I cannot eat a lot of fat and stay clear headed. I am amazed at how much it affects me - even for as long as a week afterwards. Doug got me away from all the fats by a week of only bananas, and then I was able to go to his 80-10-10 plan. I seem to be able to have some concentrated fat (a durian, or lots of nuts) once every few months and I can handle it, but what I find, is that it's never that easy. Once I start on the high fat trail, it is VERY hard to get off, almost like an addiction - hmm, makes one think doesn't it :-)

I will print this out and eagerly look forward to his book on the subject.

Nancy

Nancy Parlette Natural Health Counselor Nutrition Educator (410) 531-2410 pnparlette

E. Rice-Fells [shortydemp] Sunday, December 19, 2004 6:23 PM Group HOW MUCH FAT IS IN YOUR RAW DIET?

Greetings Members:

Found this in anothr group and thought it worth sharing. THINK ABOUT IT.

THE BAD NEWS ABOUT RAW FAT By Dr. Douglas N. GrahamThis is a brief overview of some concepts from my upcoming booklet entitled "Fruit or Fat?:

What Raw Fooders Don't Know Could Kill Them." This introductory piece gives you a glimpse into an essential and controversial raw-food issue: the fact that the average raw fooder consumes an astonishingly unhealthy amount of fat. To discuss the many questions youwill surely have after reading this article, you can join my online discussion group at www.vegsource.com (click on Raw & Sport/Graham).

Also, check my Web site, www.doctorgraham.cc and www.healthgeniuses.com, from timeto time. I'll announce the publication of "Fruit or Fat?" sometime in 2003.Confusing Advice About Fat Most mainstream and "raw" experts assert that eating fat does not make us fat. They tell us that refined isolated fats and oils should be considered "health foods." Many raw-food leaders teach that consuming fat won't harm us as long as it's raw. Some even insist that eating up to 80% of calories from fat is perfectly fine. They say that the unstable fats in nuts and seeds can withstand the heat of lengthy dehydration and subsequent room-temperature storage without degrading. They even go so far as to classify refined oil as "juice," suggesting that we drink it as a daily health practice. You would do well to question all of this advice. Consider the following:Myth: If It's Raw, It's Okay

Despite the marketing hype from vendors of olive, flax, borage, hemp, grapeseed, and other "healthy" oils, these products are stripped of their carbohydrates, protein, and fiber. That means oils are refined foods--no longer the whole foods we all know our bodies were designed for. Worse, we consume quantities of fat as oil that we would be unlikely to eat as whole foods.

Here are some important facts about fat.* Cooked or raw, higher-than-healthy levels of fat in the bloodstream force fat to precipitate and adhere to arterial walls, a condition known as atherosclerosis. A variety of vascular disorders are related to excessive consumption of dietary fat.* Cooked or raw, increased fat in the bloodstream reduces the oxygen-carrying capacity of red blood cells, predisposing us to cancer and adversely affecting all cellular function, including brain-cell function. This results in impaired clarity of thought and decision making and may set the stage for senility, memory dysfunction, and learning disabilities.* Cooked or raw, increased fat in the bloodstream requires an increased adrenaline response in order to drive the pancreas to produce insulin. Following excess stimulation, adrenal exhaustion sets in, the precursor for conditions such as Epstein-Barr virus, chronic fatigue syndrome, lupus, and myofascial disease, to name just a few.* Cooked or raw, increased fat in the bloodstream results in increased demand for insulin. The resultant continuous drain on the pancreas eventually leads to pancreatic fatigue and chronically elevated blood-sugar levels. This predisposes us to a group of lipid (fat) metabolic disorders, mistakenly referred to as "blood-sugar metabolic disorders": hyper- andhypoglycemia, hyperinsulinism, candida yeast, diabetes, and others. Whether you eat cooked animal fat or raw vegetable oil, too much fat is too much fat, and we must recognize its health-destroying potential.Fat, Not Sugar Is the Culprit

Here lies a key and often-misunderstood physiological fact: In the presence of fat, our bodies require significantly higher-than-normal amounts of insulin to transport blood sugar across the vessel wall and the cell membrane. It's the fat--not the sugar--in our diets that is a primary cause of candida, diabetes, and other blood-sugar problems. In "Fruit or Fat?," I discuss this at length.So, How Much Fat Should We Eat?

The percentage of calories that we consume as fat is an essential consideration for all of us, cooked or raw. The Pritikin Longevity Center, which holds the finest health regeneration record of any organization in the U.S., recommends a dietary fat consumption of 10% or less. Keeping your fat consumption down to a maximum of 10% of your calories is by far the most healthful practice.SAD, Veggie, Vegan, Raw...Fat, Fat, Fat, Fattest?

Here are some numbers that may shock you. It is a well-known fact that those who eat the standard American diet (SAD) average a whopping 42% of their calories from fat. Surprisingly, I've found that vegetarian and vegan diets tend to contain approximately 42% of calories from fat, as well. Vegetarians tend to consume a high amount of dairy, and vegans generally increase their use of oils. Most unexpectedly, I have found that the average raw fooder eats even more fat than those who live on standard American fare. The oils, nuts, seeds, coconuts, avocados, olives, durians, and other fatty fruit in the overall diet of raw fooders add up to an astonishing 60% of calories (often much more) from fat."Fruit or Fat?" will step you through the numbers in detail. For now, I'll give you just a brief illustration. A large green salad, including an entire head of romaine lettuce, some tomatoes, and a variety of nonroot vegetables would contain about 100 calories, some 15 of which would come from fat. A dressing that blends three tablespoons of oil (375 calories), an ounce of pine nuts (178 calories), and some cilantro, salt, and lemon juice would supply about 550 calories - about 530 of them from fat. Dice in a small avocado (250 calories - 85% fat), and the resulting 900-calorie meal would provide about 90 calories from carbohydrates, about 55 from protein, and more than 755 of its calories from fat - that's 84% fat!80/10/10 for Optimum Health

When I've done this math on full meal plans with thousands of raw fooders over the years, they¹ve seen for themselves: the standard raw diet is extremely high in fat. In "Fruit or Fat?" I'll step you through the math, showing you that a low-fat, high-fruit raw diet that contains 80%carbohydrates (from fruit), 10% protein, and 10% fat is by far the most healthful and sustainable raw-food approach.You're Likely To Be Consuming Too Much Fat If You

* Have candida, diabetes, hypoglycemia, chronic fatigue.* Suffer from heart disease, cancer, or any digestive disorder.* Break out in acne, whiteheads, or blemishes.* Experience skin problems such as psoriasis, eczema, or dandruff.* Eat--or even desire--complex carbohydrates such as bread, pasta, rice, corn, or potatoes.* Crave sweets after dinner.* Finish a meal and then desire heavy, concentrated foods such as nuts, seeds, or avocado.

Good Health to You

Elaine

Mail - Easier than ever with enhanced search. Learn more.

You're right Nancy. I've heard him twice, now after reading this article it sort of completes a puzzle for me and while I don't suffer from any of those things he mentioned, it's made me aware of what track I'm on. TOO MUCH FAT!!

I've checked his website and amazon for his book but to no avail so if you see it anywhere please let me know.

pnparlette wrote:

Elaine,

This is AWESOME information! I've heard Doug talk about it before and, in fact, it is what has saved me from my fuzzy thinking dilemma several years ago. I will stand fast and firm behind what he says because I am a prime example. I cannot eat a lot of fat and stay clear headed. I am amazed at how much it affects me - even for as long as a week afterwards. Doug got me away from all the fats by a week of only bananas, and then I was able to go to his 80-10-10 plan. I seem to be able to have some concentrated fat (a durian, or lots of nuts) once every few months and I can handle it, but what I find, is that it's never that easy. Once I start on the high fat trail, it is VERY hard to get off, almost like an addiction - hmm, makes one think doesn't it :-)

I will print this out and eagerly look forward to his book on the subject.

Nancy

My kids seem tO thrive on a good amount of fats/ about 20% including some

coldpressed oils (olive and coconut). I feel sluggish and don't digest well when

I use oils. I enjoy fatty fruits and do well w/them, nuts and seeds I eat

occassionally. Although some do not advocate juicing I get great results from

the green juices as well as the kids. The greens seems to increase repair in my

body.

Mark

After a mother asked about this diet for her son, I asked our naturopath in California, about this person and information. This is his response with permission to shared. Each person can gather more information and make decisions that are right for their family.

Best wishes for a healthy and happy Christ mas.

Karen:

I've fixed up a lot of Doug's clients over the years, their teeth and hair falling out, etc. Sadly he's a hygienist. Fat, if it's live fat, is not absorbed by the body if the body has enough fat to begin with (certainly you can, and most people do, over eat on a raw food diet and become fat, but it's too much of everything not just fat).

In fact, Arnold and all the top body builders consume nothing but live olive oil starting about 3 days before a competition (olive oil is 100% fat, and free oils are bad for you). They do this because it makes them more lean then ever, showing their muscle definition. The reason they can eat 100% fat and lose fat is because the body lets go of fat if it has live fat coming in. ( to learn the truth about fat contact Doug Grant owner of Optomalhealthsystems.com and a real sports nutritionist who is in charge numerous super star athletes diets)

Doug Graham does not believe in supplements which tells how much he really knows, if the body cannot use the nutrients of live food ( as most sick bodies can't)what good is live food? Last time I saw Doug Graham he had huge ridges on his finger nails, when I challenged he and David Klien to a test (cause I knew he was deficient ) they ran as fast as he could! (their always begging for $ too)

His partner Tim Trader just killed someone at his fasting retreat (Tim's going to jail for a very long time), their shut down here so Doug must do his fasts in Costa Rica. Doug's skin looks like leather ( according to Storm and Gingee of thegardendiet.com and my mother who fasted with him) and he's balding. He proclaims he's a sports nutritionist yet none of the names he drops ever stays with him.

If food alone was enough allopathic medicine would be extinct, there would be no denighing live food. Truth is all of Doug's teachers, the hygienic Gods like Shelton and Fry died from disease. If I could tell my aids and diabetic patients to go home and eat an Apple and proclaim as cured, wouldn't life be nice. The hygienic Dr.s have the worst patient success rate out of any Dr.s on Earth for a reason.

The absolute authority on raw food is Dr. Joel Robbins M.D. N.D. D.C. PhD in Bio Chemistry Founder of the College of Natural Health author, lecture and he is the Dr. with the highest patient success rate of any Dr. on Earth. Joel loves fruit but strongly disagrees with Doug's theories on raw fat. Would you like to speak with him, he's 4.00 per minute.

Why don't you ask Gabriel Cousins about fruit and raw fat, he actually draws blood after one consumes fruit, his findings will shock you, most fruit is genetically engineered and when you find a "good" fruit and place this super fuel in a congested body (which 99% of body's are) you create real problems. Lastly, if you notice Doug Graham never gives the proof of where he found his info, no references, nothing. (hmmmm). I could go for hours about live fat and calories but the bottom line is Doug Graham is wrong as usual.

Warm Regards,

Dr. Charles Partito N.D. / Nutritionist

-

Karen Woods

Charles Partito

Monday, December 20, 2004 7:41 PM

FW: HOW MUCH FAT IS IN YOUR RAW DIET?

Dr. Partito, What do you think about this article?

HOW MUCH FAT IS IN YOUR RAW DIET

Greetings, Karen!

Do you have any information to verify the statement about Tim Trader? I couldn't find anything on the internet.

Love,

ZakhahKaren Woods <kydwoods wrote:

After a mother asked about this diet for her son, I asked our naturopath in California, about this person and information. This is his response with permission to shared. Each person can gather more information and make decisions that are right for their family.

Best wishes for a healthy and happy Christ mas.

Karen:

I've fixed up a lot of Doug's clients over the years, their teeth and hair falling out, etc. Sadly he's a hygienist. Fat, if it's live fat, is not absorbed by the body if the body has enough fat to begin with (certainly you can, and most people do, over eat on a raw food diet and become fat, but it's too much of everything not just fat).

In fact, Arnold and all the top body builders consume nothing but live olive oil starting about 3 days before a competition (olive oil is 100% fat, and free oils are bad for you). They do this because it makes them more lean then ever, showing their muscle definition. The reason they can eat 100% fat and lose fat is because the body lets go of fat if it has live fat coming in. ( to learn the truth about fat contact Doug Grant owner of Optomalhealthsystems.com and a real sports nutritionist who is in charge numerous super star athletes diets)

Doug Graham does not believe in supplements which tells how much he really knows, if the body cannot use the nutrients of live food ( as most sick bodies can't)what good is live food? Last time I saw Doug Graham he had huge ridges on his finger nails, when I challenged he and David Klien to a test (cause I knew he was deficient ) they ran as fast as he could! (their always begging for $ too)

His partner Tim Trader just killed someone at his fasting retreat (Tim's going to jail for a very long time), their shut down here so Doug must do his fasts in Costa Rica. Doug's skin looks like leather ( according to Storm and Gingee of thegardendiet.com and my mother who fasted with him) and he's balding. He proclaims he's a sports nutritionist yet none of the names he drops ever stays with him.

If food alone was enough allopathic medicine would be extinct, there would be no denighing live food. Truth is all of Doug's teachers, the hygienic Gods like Shelton and Fry died from disease. If I could tell my aids and diabetic patients to go home and eat an Apple and proclaim as cured, wouldn't life be nice. The hygienic Dr.s have the worst patient success rate out of any Dr.s on Earth for a reason.

The absolute authority on raw food is Dr. Joel Robbins M.D. N.D. D.C. PhD in Bio Chemistry Founder of the College of Natural Health author, lecture and he is the Dr. with the highest patient success rate of any Dr. on Earth. Joel loves fruit but strongly disagrees with Doug's theories on raw fat. Would you like to speak with him, he's 4.00 per minute.

Why don't you ask Gabriel Cousins about fruit and raw fat, he actually draws blood after one consumes fruit, his findings will shock you, most fruit is genetically engineered and when you find a "good" fruit and place this super fuel in a congested body (which 99% of body's are) you create real problems. Lastly, if you notice Doug Graham never gives the proof of where he found his info, no references, nothing. (hmmmm). I could go for hours about live fat and calories but the bottom line is Doug Graham is wrong as usual.

Warm Regards,

Dr. Charles Partito N.D. / Nutritionist

-

Karen Woods

Charles Partito

Monday, December 20, 2004 7:41 PM

FW: HOW MUCH FAT IS IN YOUR RAW DIET?

Dr. Partito, What do you think about this article?

HOW MUCH FAT IS IN YOUR RAW DIET

Jazz up your holiday email with celebrity designs. Learn more.

I like that article. The proof is in the pudding. I like many things Doug

shares, the biggest drawback (and not exclusive to Doug) is making people wrong

for their choices when they are different than ours.

Mark

WOW!

That was quite a blast at those guys. I will say, that I have taken Dr. Joel Robbin's course to become a Natural Health Counselor and I do agree that he is a terrific Dr. I thought he was like 90% raw,but haven't actually talked to him in quite a few years. All I know, is that doing what Doug says has helped me a lot. I don't really know that balding, which is an inherited tendency, can be used to judge someone's health. I do agree that we are often in such a poor state of health that we can't absorb nutrients properly and so I recommend (as does Dr. Robbins) taking digestive enzymes which help your body to digest properly and then as you gain health your digestion will improve too.

As far as Tim Trader, I do know he has had some sort of violation of Maryland law, but I don't know what it was.

Nancy

Nancy Parlette Natural Health Counselor Nutrition Educator (410) 531-2410 pnparlette

This is interesting and a lot can be said. There was another statement presented by a gentleman encouraging us not be raw foodist or vegan. I remind us of that statement because this one is very similar, or I should say it forces the same type of reaction, concern for my health and the direction I should take.

I am feeling that I must attempt to understand my nutritional short comings and strengths via blood analysis and other diagnostic methods in order to stay nutritional balanced. All of the information (scientific or common knowledge) is just that, more information and it does not tell me what is going on in my body.

There is always someone ready to tell you what you want to here about everything. You can get contradictory "truth" from any authority. And we all know that everyone's body is different and has different requirements.

So, what other methods can we use to approach the understanding of one's nutritional imbalances? And where would one go to acquire the service?

James

-

Karen Woods

Wednesday, December 22, 2004 11:07 AM

RE: HOW MUCH FAT IS IN YOUR RAW DIET?

This information was from Dr. Charles Partito. I have not researched any of these claims yet as the holiday time is very busy,. Thank you for your kindness in the question. Karen

Zakhah [zakhah7]Wednesday, December 22, 2004 3:10 PM Subject: RE: HOW MUCH FAT IS IN YOUR RAW DIET?

Greetings, Karen!

Do you have any information to verify the statement about Tim Trader? I couldn't find anything on the internet.

Love,

Zakhah

Karen,

Thanks for sharing the e-mail you received. I will look into Dr. Robbins, not sure

if I have heard of him ~ there are so many out there now all preaching

different angles. I do appreciate and like the different points of view. I sure do wish there was a precise manual

to fit everyone. We have discussed

before how what helps one tremendously may be detrimental to another! From personal experience, following along

the lines of 80-10-10 I lost a tremendous amount of hair ~ first time ever in

my life for such a loss. When I

asked Dr. Graham about it, he quite abruptly told me in archives and archives

of e-mails he has never heard of anyone losing hair?? I found that a little

hard to swallow since I had read about it in a few different books and was definitely

suffering from it myself. I really

liked the message Graham and Roz gave, got much

motivation from them when I saw them together over a year ago, I value their

experience and trust their message, although at the same time acknowledge that

we often hear what we want to or need to hear.

It is difficult to know who to trust, even the same scientific research can be interpreted

in very different ways. It does go

back to how do you know who to trust?

I like science, and I got that from Roz and

Doug, so I do think I would like to research into Dr. Robbins as well. Though they obviously have differing

views, I still find myself needing reassurance from a variety of sources. I hope to some day be at a level where I

can depend on my body to tell me my path, however, right now I still struggle

with fear and following the wrong advice!

It seems after all the studying, moderation is the key! Too much of

anything is not good! Less is more! Finding a balance would be great!

BEV :)

James, I am not sure who or what exactly you are referring to. What I do know is Dr. Partito is a raw foodist, thus getting our family on this path. He uses urinalysis as the diagnosis tool to determine what state each iindividual body is in and what the body would need to heal itself. He works closely with Joel Robbins with each case to prioritize what issue to concentrate on.

Again, there may be many ways to diagnose nutritional balance and ways to help the body care for itself.

Karen

----Original Message-----James Garrett [jhgarrett]Wednesday, December 22, 2004 7:55 PM Subject: Re: HOW MUCH FAT IS IN YOUR RAW DIET?

This is interesting and a lot can be said. There was another statement presented by a gentleman encouraging us not be raw foodist or vegan. I remind us of that statement because this one is very similar, or I should say it forces the same type of reaction, concern for my health and the direction I should take.

I am feeling that I must attempt to understand my nutritional short comings and strengths via blood analysis and other diagnostic methods in order to stay nutritional balanced. All of the information (scientific or common knowledge) is just that, more information and it does not tell me what is going on in my body.

There is always someone ready to tell you what you want to here about everything. You can get contradictory "truth" from any authority. And we all know that everyone's body is different and has different requirements.

So, what other methods can we use to approach the understanding of one's nutritional imbalances? And where would one go to acquire the service?

James

-

Karen Woods

I think this is the most important topic

with the raw food diet.  Hygienist or high Minerals?  This January will make 4

years raw for me.  In that time, I have heard and read a couple of different

angles for the raw plant diet.  The hygienist and mineral approaches seem to be

the two most popular and most talked about methodologies in raw food circles.  And

right now from my short raw experience, I don’t know if either one is

better or worse.  I’m enjoying the experience, literally experimenting on

myself in attainment for higher health.  I wanted to respond to this topic

mostly because hopefully it will help ME make sense out of the 2 main different

philosophies.

The natural hygienist or the approach Doug

Graham follows makes sense in many ways to me.  With eating mostly sweet

fruits, one thing should be certain is that you should get enough water since

most sweet fruits are high in moisture (melons, citrus, sub-acid).  You also

have great digestion since you have high moisture.  At the same time, that

seems to be the downfall of the hygienist approach, too much sweet fruit, which

seems to lead to tooth decay and hair loss from lack of minerals.  While in Brazil, I did

mostly sweet fruits and water from coconuts and I felt great.  I’ve also

had experiences where when I was doing mostly sweet fruit my teeth felt weak,

though my teeth felt great in Brazil

on mostly sweet fruit.  Maybe it’s the fruit here in this country? 

Looking at the approach David Wolfe and

Dr. Gab Cousens follow, they recommend little to no sweet fruit at all.  They

are big on minerals either from food, which is usually green leafy vegetables

and green juices, “superfood” powders, supplements, seaweeds and algaes,

and liquid angstrom mineral supplementation.  I have experimented with this

approach as well.  From my experience, I think it’s the best approach when

transitioning to 100% raw food diet.  The cooked vegan diet is high in starches.

And what helped me eliminate starches from my diet were high amounts of

greens.  I don’t do nowhere near the amount of greens when I started raw,

too heavy and too constipating for me now.  The high mineral approach seems to

hold water from a “scientific” standpoint.  A mineral balance is

critical to our health, but a diet heavy in greens doesn’t make sense to

me.  Greens are high in minerals and alkalinity, yes, however, eat too much

greens and it will constipate or not even digest fully.  Constipated from

greens?  The answer from this camp is to juice them.  I think this is a better

alternative since your body doesn’t have to deal with the fiber, however,

the green juice doesn’t move waste out of our bodies like say coconut

water does.  I think green juice is second rate to coconut water.  Also we have

to ask, are the minerals in greens in a useable form for the body to utilize? 

Probably, since it is a Sunfood, nonetheless, herbivores have multiple stomachs

and teeth and jaw action to better break down greens that humans are unable to

do.  As far as “superfood” powders and other supplementation, the question

I pose is “what is the source of the supplementation?”  Plus,

supplements are usually dehydrated, so again, you have to bring in moisture to supplement

the supplementation.  Seaweeds and algaes are interesting, again, high in

minerals but I don’t know how practical it would be to eat these things in

nature.  Angstrom minerals, interesting as well, however, seems to be a

relatively new creation by man, I have to admit, I’m a little skeptical,

especially if doing long term. 

As for the “fat” debate, I don’t

personally have the experience and knowledge to present a solid response in

either direction.  I would probably lean towards the Wolfe/Cousens camp because

I love avocados, durians, jackfruit, ackee, etc.   My question is how do you

quantify 10% fat in a diet?  That is very left brain.  My common sense tells me

if it’s available and you have the craving, go for it. 

At this point in my raw journey, I would

say I’m more of hygienist.  That could change in the future.  What

brought us to this point is an open mind and attainment of higher health.  That

is more important than any specific diet.  My daily routine now, I do coconut

water all day and then I eat a mono fruit meal for dinner, or I will do ½ baby greens,

½ fatty fruit salad.  Bev mentioned balance and moderation, I’m in exact

agreement.  I feel the ultimate way is less food to mostly liquids to no food

or breatharian.  Most think its extreme, but I feel Liquidarian is very doable

in any environment.  I think the air we breathe is far more important than the

food and liquid we take in.  We breathe involuntarily, we eat and drink voluntarily. 

When we take in less, we feel better, we think better, our bodies begin to self

heal, everything is greater.  That is, in my opinion, the absolute way to

higher health.  Food, whether it’s the best fruit and vegetables on

earth, still has to be processed in the body, which in all likelihood causes

the body to degenerate.  I should mention that I’ve learned a lot from

Aris, who I consider my main mentor when it comes to raw food philosophy.  I would

consider him mainly a hygienist as well.  He has told me in his 28 years of

doing raw he has done it all from fruitarian to juices to mostly vegetables.  He

says he feels best doing most sweet fruit, with less amounts of greens and

fats.  When Dr. Graham was here I asked him about hybrid fruit, since I know he

must eat a lot of it.  He said all fruit and vegetables are hybrids, and even

me, I’m a hybrid of my mother and father, good point.  Nonetheless, he

did mention that a fruit can be over hybridized and have a mineral imbalance. 

I think eating a lot over hybridized fruit will lead to problems.  But I also

believe that fruit is our number 1 food.  Thanks for listening.

Higher Health, Khepere

Thank you Karen.

I think this is the most important topic because everyone has different needs. Determining what those needs are is what matters regardless of your dietary preference. At the same time the same diagnostic methods may help determine what should be eliminated from the diet.

Where is Dr. Partito located?

-

Karen Woods

Thursday, December 23, 2004 12:06 AM

James, I am not sure who or what exactly you are referring to. What I do know is Dr. Partito is a raw foodist, thus getting our family on this path. He uses urinalysis as the diagnosis tool to determine what state each iindividual body is in and what the body would need to heal itself. He works closely with Joel Robbins with each case to prioritize what issue to concentrate on.

Again, there may be many ways to diagnose nutritional balance and ways to help the body care for itself.

Karen

----Original Message-----James Garrett [jhgarrett]Wednesday, December 22, 2004 7:55 PM Subject: Re: HOW MUCH FAT IS IN YOUR RAW DIET?

James

-

Karen Woods

Thanks to everyone who is responding to this topic. I am really getting a lot out of each post! This is a great group, full of wisdom and insight :-)

N.

Khepere Anu [khepere] Thursday, December 23, 2004 1:02 AM Subject: RE: HOW MUCH FAT IS IN YOUR RAW DIET?

I think this is the most important topic with the raw food diet. Hygienist or high Minerals? This January will make 4 years raw for me. In that time, I have heard and read a couple of different angles for the raw plant diet. The hygienist and mineral approaches seem to be the two most popular and most talked about methodologies in raw food circles. And right now from my short raw experience, I don’t know if either one is better or worse. I’m enjoying the experience, literally experimenting on myself in attainment for higher health. I wanted to respond to this topic mostly because hopefully it will help ME make sense out of the 2 main different philosophies.

The natural hygienist or the approach Doug Graham follows makes sense in many ways to me. With eating mostly sweet fruits, one thing should be certain is that you should get enough water since most sweet fruits are high in moisture (melons, citrus, sub-acid). You also have great digestion since you have high moisture. At the same time, that seems to be the downfall of the hygienist approach, too much sweet fruit, which seems to lead to tooth decay and hair loss from lack of minerals. While in Brazil, I did mostly sweet fruits and water from coconuts and I felt great. I’ve also had experiences where when I was doing mostly sweet fruit my teeth felt weak, though my teeth felt great in Brazil on mostly sweet fruit. Maybe it’s the fruit here in this country?

Looking at the approach David Wolfe and Dr. Gab Cousens follow, they recommend little to no sweet fruit at all. They are big on minerals either from food, which is usually green leafy vegetables and green juices, “superfood” powders, supplements, seaweeds and algaes, and liquid angstrom mineral supplementation. I have experimented with this approach as well. From my experience, I think it’s the best approach when transitioning to 100% raw food diet. The cooked vegan diet is high in starches. And what helped me eliminate starches from my diet were high amounts of greens. I don’t do nowhere near the amount of greens when I started raw, too heavy and too constipating for me now. The high mineral approach seems to hold water from a “scientific” standpoint. A mineral balance is critical to our health, but a diet heavy in greens doesn’t make sense to me. Greens are high in minerals and alkalinity, yes, however, eat too much greens and it will constipate or not even digest fully. Constipated from greens? The answer from this camp is to juice them. I think this is a better alternative since your body doesn’t have to deal with the fiber, however, the green juice doesn’t move waste out of our bodies like say coconut water does. I think green juice is second rate to coconut water. Also we have to ask, are the minerals in greens in a useable form for the body to utilize? Probably, since it is a Sunfood, nonetheless, herbivores have multiple stomachs and teeth and jaw action to better break down greens that humans are unable to do. As far as “superfood” powders and other supplementation, the question I pose is “what is the source of the supplementation?” Plus, supplements are usually dehydrated, so again, you have to bring in moisture to supplement the supplementation. Seaweeds and algaes are interesting, again, high in minerals but I don’t know how practical it would be to eat these things in nature. Angstrom minerals, interesting as well, however, seems to be a relatively new creation by man, I have to admit, I’m a little skeptical, especially if doing long term.

As for the “fat” debate, I don’t personally have the experience and knowledge to present a solid response in either direction. I would probably lean towards the Wolfe/Cousens camp because I love avocados, durians, jackfruit, ackee, etc. My question is how do you quantify 10% fat in a diet? That is very left brain. My common sense tells me if it’s available and you have the craving, go for it.

At this point in my raw journey, I would say I’m more of hygienist. That could change in the future. What brought us to this point is an open mind and attainment of higher health. That is more important than any specific diet. My daily routine now, I do coconut water all day and then I eat a mono fruit meal for dinner, or I will do ½ baby greens, ½ fatty fruit salad. Bev mentioned balance and moderation, I’m in exact agreement. I feel the ultimate way is less food to mostly liquids to no food or breatharian. Most think its extreme, but I feel Liquidarian is very doable in any environment. I think the air we breathe is far more important than the food and liquid we take in. We breathe involuntarily, we eat and drink voluntarily. When we take in less, we feel better, we think better, our bodies begin to self heal, everything is greater. That is, in my opinion, the absolute way to higher health. Food, whether it’s the best fruit and vegetables on earth, still has to be processed in the body, which in all likelihood causes the body to degenerate. I should mention that I’ve learned a lot from Aris, who I consider my main mentor when it comes to raw food philosophy. I would consider him mainly a hygienist as well. He has told me in his 28 years of doing raw he has done it all from fruitarian to juices to mostly vegetables. He says he feels best doing most sweet fruit, with less amounts of greens and fats. When Dr. Graham was here I asked him about hybrid fruit, since I know he must eat a lot of it. He said all fruit and vegetables are hybrids, and even me, I’m a hybrid of my mother and father, good point. Nonetheless, he did mention that a fruit can be over hybridized and have a mineral imbalance. I think eating a lot over hybridized fruit will lead to problems. But I also believe that fruit is our number 1 food. Thanks for listening.

Higher Health, Khepere

Khepere,

Thanks for your post. I agree this is the most important issue in

the raw food diet. I've been raw for two years, and I've also

experienced the whole range of eating, bouncing back and forth

between Gabriel Cousens/David Wolfe and Doug Graham. Like you, I've

really enjoyed eating sweet fruit and drinking coconut water, but

I've experienced some problems with fungus (athletes foot and

toenail fungus mainly) and tooth decay that is very obviously

related to my sugar intake.

I've also seen and heard Doug Graham speak, and I'm concerned about

the depth of his science and about the way he looks. He's very

athletic and fit, but he looks the age of cooked food eaters his age

(bad sign, in my opinion), and his skin has some serious wrinkles,

possibly just due to excessive sun exposure. I also don't

appreciate an attitude I perceive as flip coming from Doug Graham

and other hygienists. I get the feeling that anyone who questions

the approach is just wrong. Another bad sign.

When my problems with the fruitarian approach get extreme, I'll

often switch over to mainly greens, superfoods, etc., which at least

leaves me feeling better about my eating habits. But then my fat

intake increases, and I start worrying about that. The point that

Gabriel Counsens makes in " Rainbow Green Live Food Cousine " about

fungus in the bloodstream, complete with color and black & white

slides showing it, is disturbing and resonates with my experience.

I'm planning to spend some time at his center doing some of his

training programs, and while I'm there I'd like to do a

comprehensive set of blood tests to figure out where I am. Most

importantly, he could offer suggestions about the ideal diet for me,

based on my metabolism and other factors.

Problems I've faced on the green diet are constipation, and

sometimes low energy. When I add fats, fruit, or coconut water in

moderation, my digestion improves and I gain weight. But I don't

feel entirely comfortable with any of these choices because of this

debate.

Right now, I'm fasting, which is a blessing -- don't have to think

about food! I'm planning to go back to Gabriel Cousens' Phase I

diet (greens, no sweet fruit, etc.) when I start eating again, but I

may need to juice some greens to avoid constipation. I also like

eating mono meals, and in an ideal world, less food is better than

more. I'd like to use the opportunity of coming off this fast to

reduce the quantity of food I eat.

One last point, Cousens doesn't advocate a low-fruit diet for life.

He proposes 3-6 months of almost no fruit, plus another 18-21 months

of limited quantities of low-glycemic fruit. This two-year process

is supposed to kill off the fungus in the body caused by the SAD.

After that, it's possible that a more liberal, even fruitarian type

of diet would work, and I'd be curious to hear what he thinks about

the long-term diet.

Thanks also to whoever started this post, and also to the person who

posted the critical piece about Doug Graham's approach. Although I

think everyone's raw diet is different from everyone else's, and

we're all trying to fumble our way through this as we go, we all

need to investigate very critically the food choices we make and

demand that our leaders use real science. I've been all over the

place in this debate myself, and believe it's an important question

for all raw foodists to struggle with.

Steve

Peace and Blessings brother Khepere,

Those were some very enlightening words that you shared. I really appreciate and have always respected your dietary integrity because you've always shared great information from the last few times we spoke.

I have a question: How much coconut water do you drink each day and where could I purchase a large quantity say for a family of 5? It's two adults,three children ages 2,8 and 13. And do you mix the baby greens with the sweet fruits together and eat them? And what sweet fruits do you use exactly. Please let me know if I'm asking too much.

With Gratitude,

Maulana AgyemangKhepere Anu <khepere wrote:

I think this is the most important topic with the raw food diet. Hygienist or high Minerals? This January will make 4 years raw for me. In that time, I have heard and read a couple of different angles for the raw plant diet. The hygienist and mineral approaches seem to be the two most popular and most talked about methodologies in raw food circles. And right now from my short raw experience, I don’t know if either one is better or worse. I’m enjoying the experience, literally experimenting on myself in attainment for higher health. I wanted to respond to this topic mostly because hopefully it will help ME make sense out of the 2 main different philosophies.

The natural hygienist or the approach Doug Graham follows makes sense in many ways to me. With eating mostly sweet fruits, one thing should be certain is that you should get enough water since most sweet fruits are high in moisture (melons, citrus, sub-acid). You also have great digestion since you have high moisture. At the same time, that seems to be the downfall of the hygienist approach, too much sweet fruit, which seems to lead to tooth decay and hair loss from lack of minerals. While in Brazil, I did mostly sweet fruits and water from coconuts and I felt great. I’ve also had experiences where when I was doing mostly sweet fruit my teeth felt weak, though my teeth felt

great in Brazil on mostly sweet fruit. Maybe it’s the fruit here in this country?

Looking at the approach David Wolfe and Dr. Gab Cousens follow, they recommend little to no sweet fruit at all. They are big on minerals either from food, which is usually green leafy vegetables and green juices, “superfood” powders, supplements, seaweeds and algaes, and liquid angstrom mineral supplementation. I have experimented with this approach as well. From my experience, I think it’s the best approach when transitioning to 100% raw food diet. The cooked vegan diet is high in starches. And what helped me eliminate starches from my diet were high amounts of greens. I don’t do nowhere near the amount of greens when I started raw, too heavy and too constipating for me now. The high mineral approach seems to hold water from a “scientific” standpoint. A mineral balance is critical to our health, but a diet heavy in

greens doesn’t make sense to me. Greens are high in minerals and alkalinity, yes, however, eat too much greens and it will constipate or not even digest fully. Constipated from greens? The answer from this camp is to juice them. I think this is a better alternative since your body doesn’t have to deal with the fiber, however, the green juice doesn’t move waste out of our bodies like say coconut water does. I think green juice is second rate to coconut water. Also we have to ask, are the minerals in greens in a useable form for the body to utilize? Probably, since it is a Sunfood, nonetheless, herbivores have multiple stomachs and teeth and jaw action to better break down greens that humans are unable to do. As far as “superfood” powders and other supplementation, the question I pose is “what is the source of the supplementation?” Plus, supplements are usually dehydrated, so again, you have to bring in moisture to supplement the

supplementation. Seaweeds and algaes are interesting, again, high in minerals but I don’t know how practical it would be to eat these things in nature. Angstrom minerals, interesting as well, however, seems to be a relatively new creation by man, I have to admit, I’m a little skeptical, especially if doing long term.

As for the “fat” debate, I don’t personally have the experience and knowledge to present a solid response in either direction. I would probably lean towards the Wolfe/Cousens camp because I love avocados, durians, jackfruit, ackee, etc. My question is how do you quantify 10% fat in a diet? That is very left brain. My common sense tells me if it’s available and you have the craving, go for it.

At this point in my raw journey, I would say I’m more of hygienist. That could change in the future. What brought us to this point is an open mind and attainment of higher health. That is more important than any specific diet. My daily routine now, I do coconut water all day and then I eat a mono fruit meal for dinner, or I will do ½ baby greens, ½ fatty fruit salad. Bev mentioned balance and moderation, I’m in exact agreement. I feel the ultimate way is less food to mostly liquids to no food or breatharian. Most think its extreme, but I feel Liquidarian is very doable in any environment. I think the air we breathe is far more important than the food and liquid we take in. We breathe involuntarily, we eat and drink voluntarily. When we take in less, we feel better, we think better, our bodies begin to self

heal, everything is greater. That is, in my opinion, the absolute way to higher health. Food, whether it’s the best fruit and vegetables on earth, still has to be processed in the body, which in all likelihood causes the body to degenerate. I should mention that I’ve learned a lot from Aris, who I consider my main mentor when it comes to raw food philosophy. I would consider him mainly a hygienist as well. He has told me in his 28 years of doing raw he has done it all from fruitarian to juices to mostly vegetables. He says he feels best doing most sweet fruit, with less amounts of greens and fats. When Dr. Graham was here I asked him about hybrid fruit, since I know he must eat a lot of it. He said all fruit and vegetables are hybrids, and even me, I’m a hybrid of my mother and father, good point. Nonetheless, he did mention that a fruit can be over hybridized and have a mineral imbalance. I think eating a lot over

hybridized fruit will lead to problems. But I also believe that fruit is our number 1 food. Thanks for listening.

Higher Health, Khepere

The all-new My – What will yours do?

Hello All,

I really appreciate Steve's comments, as well as a few others. I did have the opportunity to see Doug Graham when he was here. He did provide some information that was useful, while not new to raw, I have not met many folks who are, so I took the opportunity to hear a speaker. Did he look (as I have heard people describe other raw fooders), like light was beaming from him and his skin was succulent and appeared to be soft - no he did not!, but since I didn't know anything about him before his journey, he was wiry and sunned. I don't look fantabulous right now to some, but I do look better to me, so I guess it is the way that we look at one another.

I am learning to work with my body, and listen to it when it speaks to me. Some days it celebrates with me and some days it does not. I know that my dabbling with raw and vegan cooked, while there has been some success, with my health issues, I am committed to being raw at least the first 90 days of 2005 to see if this lifestyle will cause my body to celebrate daily. I honestly beleive it will. Will I eat the wrong combinations, too much fat, too much fruit, I am sure I will. Will I feel like a healing crisis is going to kill me, (yes, specially since I have had some very hard medications and radiation), yes, I believe that I will feel like that - and I pray that the support that you offer is genuine and sincere, cause I know I am going to need it.

Thanks for this thread.

Jacki

Greetings Maulana,

Peace and Blessings. I always

enjoying sharing and speaking with you and I’m glad that you found some

value in my words. I’m a student of life and every question I’ve

ever asked I’ve had answered. This question in the raw diet, the

answer is not totally clear yet for me but I know one day it will. This forum

is great to discuss differences, share information, and continue to grow and

learn collectively.

As far as the amount of coconut water to

drink each day, how much water do you drink presently? I would replace

the amount of water you drink with coconut water. I buy the Spring Garden

brand bottles by the case. It’s bottled and frozen in Jamaica

and shipped here. I have a contact with the distributor who supplies the

dc/md area businesses. I don’t have any to spare until the first

week in January, so call me then and that goes for anyone else in the group

that is interested. With the bottles, I would drink at least 2-3 every

morning. The bottles are 16 oz. There is another guy who has the

actual green coconuts and I have his information but I haven’t talked to

him yet to know how much he has available.

If I do sweet fruits I either do them with

other sweet fruits or I do them mono. With greens the only sweet fruit I add

to my salads is papaya. In Brazil, papaya was abundant, so I had

papaya with every meal. But normally I either do a savory fruit salad

which will essentially be any non-sweet fruit I can find, or I will add baby

greens to my savory fruit salad.

Happy Holidays and Speak to you soon,

Khepere

maulana x

[warriormonk25]

Thursday, December 23, 2004

1:01 PM

RE: HOW MUCH

FAT IS IN YOUR RAW DIET?

Peace and Blessings brother Khepere,

Those were some very enlightening words that you shared. I really

appreciate and have always respected your dietary integrity because you've

always shared great information from the last few times we spoke.

I have a question: How much coconut water do you drink each day and

where could I purchase a large quantity say for a family of 5? It's two

adults,three children ages 2,8 and 13. And do you mix the baby greens with the

sweet fruits together and eat them? And what sweet fruits do you use exactly.

Please let me know if I'm asking too much.

With Gratitude,

Maulana Agyemang

Khepere Anu

<khepere wrote:

I

think this is the most important topic with the raw food diet. Hygienist

or high Minerals? This January will make 4 years raw for me. In

that time, I have heard and read a couple of different angles for the raw plant

diet. The hygienist and mineral approaches seem to be the two most

popular and most talked about methodologies in raw food circles. And

right now from my short raw experience, I dont know if either one is

better or worse. Im enjoying the experience, literally experimenting

on myself in attainment for higher health. I wanted to respond to this

topic mostly because hopefully it will help ME make sense out of the 2 main

different philosophies.

The natural hygienist or the approach Doug

Graham follows makes sense in many ways to me. With eating mostly sweet

fruits, one thing should be certain is that you should get enough water since

most sweet fruits are high in moisture (melons, citrus, sub-acid). You

also have great digestion since you have high moisture. At the same time,

that seems to be the downfall of the hygienist approach, too much sweet fruit,

which seems to lead to tooth decay and hair loss from lack of minerals.

While in Brazil,

I did mostly sweet fruits and water from coconuts and I felt great.

Ive also had experiences where when I was doing mostly sweet fruit my

teeth felt weak, though my teeth felt great in Brazil

on mostly sweet fruit. Maybe its the fruit here in this

country?

Looking at the approach David Wolfe and

Dr. Gab Cousens follow, they recommend little to no sweet fruit at all.

They are big on minerals either from food, which is usually green leafy

vegetables and green juices, superfood powders, supplements, seaweeds

and algaes, and liquid angstrom mineral supplementation. I have

experimented with this approach as well. From my experience, I think

its the best approach when transitioning to 100% raw food diet. The

cooked vegan diet is high in starches. And what helped me eliminate

starches from my diet were high amounts of greens. I dont do nowhere

near the amount of greens when I started raw, too heavy and too constipating

for me now. The high mineral approach seems to hold water from a

scientific standpoint. A mineral balance is critical to our

health, but a diet heavy in greens doesnt make sense to me. Greens

are high in minerals and alkalinity, yes, however, eat too much greens and it

will constipate or not even digest fully. Constipated from greens?

The answer from this camp is to juice them. I think this is a better

alternative since your body doesnt have to deal with the fiber, however,

the green juice doesnt move waste out of our bodies like say coconut water

does. I think green juice is second rate to coconut water. Also we

have to ask, are the minerals in greens in a useable form for the body to

utilize? Probably, since it is a Sunfood, nonetheless, herbivores have

multiple stomachs and teeth and jaw action to better break down greens that

humans are unable to do. As far as superfood powders and other

supplementation, the question I pose is what is the source of the

supplementation? Plus, supplements are usually dehydrated, so again,

you have to bring in moisture to supplement the supplementation. Seaweeds

and algaes are interesting, again, high in minerals but I dont know how

practical it would be to eat these things in nature. Angstrom minerals,

interesting as well, however, seems to be a relatively new creation by man, I

have to admit, Im a little skeptical, especially if doing long term.

As for the fat debate, I

dont personally have the experience and knowledge to present a solid

response in either direction. I would probably lean towards the

Wolfe/Cousens camp because I love avocados, durians, jackfruit, ackee,

etc. My question is how do you quantify 10% fat in a diet?

That is very left brain. My common sense tells me if its available

and you have the craving, go for it.

At this point in my raw journey, I would

say Im more of hygienist. That could change in the future.

What brought us to this point is an open mind and attainment of higher

health. That is more important than any specific diet. My daily

routine now, I do coconut water all day and then I eat a mono fruit meal for

dinner, or I will do = baby greens, = fatty fruit salad. Bev mentioned

balance and moderation, Im in exact agreement. I feel the ultimate

way is less food to mostly liquids to no food or breatharian. Most think

its extreme, but I feel Liquidarian is very doable in any environment. I

think the air we breathe is far more important than the food and liquid we take

in. We breathe involuntarily, we eat and drink voluntarily. When we

take in less, we feel better, we think better, our bodies begin to self heal,

everything is greater. That is, in my opinion, the absolute way to higher

health. Food, whether its the best fruit and vegetables on earth,

still has to be processed in the body, which in all likelihood causes the body

to degenerate. I should mention that Ive learned a lot from Aris,

who I consider my main mentor when it comes to raw food philosophy. I

would consider him mainly a hygienist as well. He has told me in his 28

years of doing raw he has done it all from fruitarian to juices to mostly

vegetables. He says he feels best doing most sweet fruit, with less

amounts of greens and fats. When Dr. Graham was here I asked him about

hybrid fruit, since I know he must eat a lot of it. He said all fruit and

vegetables are hybrids, and even me, Im a hybrid of my mother and father,

good point. Nonetheless, he did mention that a fruit can be over

hybridized and have a mineral imbalance. I think eating a lot over

hybridized fruit will lead to problems. But I also believe that fruit is

our number 1 food. Thanks for listening.

Higher Health, Khepere

The all-new My What will yours

do?

Hello, Dr. Partito is located in California, up in the San Bernardino hills. I am in Virginia. He sends the sample container and prepaid padded US mail express envelope. We take sample, date it, freeze it and send it the first part of the week. There are very specific directions to make sure the sample is not compromised. Within about 2 weeks the report is sent back with recommended supplements and diet, then we have a phone consult. To reach him by e-mail: info.

As you can tell from his e-mail, sometimes he is a bit abrupt, but he cares very much and wants the best for people. He gives great deal of information spontaneously and more if you ask specific questions. There sure has been a paradigm shift in my awareness of how herbs work in the body. I am not sure I agree with every dot and tittle, but we have seen the myriad of perspectives on food through these discussions. The upshot is we are far better off now than we were before.

Merry Christmas

Steve,

Great points. I am familiar with Dr. Cousens new

book and his results can't be ignored. I think anyone transitioning away

from cooked foods should take the approach he advocates. It certainly

helped me to transition to raw foods. However, when the transition is

complete and you no longer desire cooked foods, to have more energy is to eat

lighter or high moisture foods, which tend to be those of the sweet

variety. David Wolfe from what I understand does mostly a liquid diet and

I would guess that would consist of green juices, superfoods, liquid angstrom

minerals, and maybe nut milks. This is an option. Coconut water

makes much more sense to me. You can also add “superfoods” to

coconut water if you don’t feel it’s complete. In Dr. Cousens

book, he doesn’t advocate drinking coconut water when you are on his

phase 1 diet because it has some sugar. My opinion, I think that is

extreme because coconut water gives so much. But then again he could be

right on. On his phase 1.5 diet he recommends low glycemic fruits which

are mostly berries but on his phase 2, which is his maintenance long term diet,

he recommends a limited amount of high glycemic fruits, which are the ones

highest in water, melons, some citrus, sub-acid, etc. So that is the dilemma

I have. Right now I believe a balanced approach is best once you have

reached a point where sugar won’t attack you.

Lastly, a message to all in the group, and mainly with

the forwarded message written by Dr. Charles Partito, the attack on Doug Graham

is not warranted. I agree that Doug Graham is not the best example of the

approach he preaches. Regardless if the claims Dr. Partito makes are all true

I think there is a way to be critical without attacking. He also calls

Dr. Tim Trader a murderer. Go figure. Bottom line, Dr. Graham and

Dr. Trader are very good people that have dedicated their lives to spreading a

message they believe in their hearts to be right. The fact is, Dr.

Cousens and Dr. Graham have more in common than their differences, so with

that, we should hear out both camps because we can learn from each. To

attack anyone spreading a live message is to attack yourself.

Love and Light, Khepere