IndiaDivine.org

Almond Facts 1

Rate this topic

Guest guest

FYI

The health facts are in about almonds!The project leaders who are commissioned for the research rank at the top of their respective fields come from more than 20 scientific organizations globally, such as the University of California (UC), Loma Linda University (LLU), University of Toronto (U of T), Tufts University, Michigan State University, Purdue University, City of Hope Medical Center, King’s College London, Peking Medical University, and others.There are now two publications that give overviews of almond's health benefits.

1, 2. These overviews include the emerging research demonstrating that almonds as anutrient-rich, satiating food may play a role in weight control and maintenance, followed by the latest information on almond phytochemicals and their potential role in cancer prevention. Heart Health Benefits Our major clinical focus has been to determine the relationship between almond consumption,cardiovascular disease, and related risk factors. In September, 2002, the American Heart Association’s journal, Circulation, published the first almond study in a medical journal, showing that in a clinical study of people with elevated cholesterol, almonds significantly lowered bad cholesterol levels, and a linear reduction in LDL cholesterol resulted inresponse to an acceptable range of almond intake in a dose-response manner.

3. In June, 2003, a second dose response metabolic study published in the AmericanJournal of Clinical Nutrition on men and women with normal cholesterol levels, showed that a high almond diet decreased total cholesterol, reduced LDL, and improved HDL levels.

4. These two studies represent some of the strongest in a petition filed by the International Tree Nut Council Nutrition Research and Education Foundation to the U.S. Food and DrugAdministration (FDA) for a heart health claim for nuts. http://www.almondsarein.com/health/

Good Health to You

Elaine

Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'

Is it ok that I eat about 1/4 cup of raw almonds daily that are

UNsoaked? I have to grind them because of my teeth and find it hard to

do so with soaked nuts plus prefer the flavor unsoaked. Thanks

Brit

, " E. Rice-Fells " <shortydemp> wrote:

> FYI

>

> The health facts are in about almonds!

>'s 'Second Term'

I have heard so many points on soaking and not soaking. I say, you are fine just grinding and eating. I would suggest you alternate your fat however, and grind 1/2 a tablespoon of flax seeds over a salad or in dressing on one day and have avocado,another, and then back to almonds. But do what works best for your body. I'm an avocado person mainly for my fat.

N.

Nancy Parlette Natural Health Counselor Nutrition Educator (410) 531-2410 pnparlette

AH [abrit38] Thursday, February 17, 2005 8:32 PM Subject: Re: Almond Facts 1Is it ok that I eat about 1/4 cup of raw almonds daily that areUNsoaked? I have to grind them because of my teeth and find it hard todo so with soaked nuts plus prefer the flavor unsoaked. ThanksBrit , "E. Rice-Fells" <shortydemp> wrote:> FYI> > The health facts are in about almonds!>'s 'Second Term'