IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: NOTMILK - Obesity in 2005

Rate this topic

Guest guest

INTERESTING:Robert Cohen <notmilk wrote:

notmilk From: "Robert Cohen" NOTMILK - Obesity in 2005Obesity in 2005 New York Times magazine section (Sunday, January 2, 2005) contains an obesity Story (pages 34-39, by Elizabeth Weil), which asks as its headline: "In Starr Conty, Tex--which has one of the highest rates of obesity in the nation--early half the kids in elementary school are overweight. Is it because they are poor? Is it genetic? Or is something else going on?" Remarkably, the not-so subtle answer is supplied in the two-page photograph of three pudgy children eating in the Hinojosa elementary school cafeteria. Behind the kids is a white cinderblock wall containing an oversized cheeseburger and a poster containing cheese. On each of their three lunch trays sits a blue and white container of Oak Farms milk. The article makes no conclusions, but supplies these clues: 1) Starr County is 98%

Mexican-American, and is one of the poorest counties in the nation, with with 59% of its children living below the poverty level. 2) Starr County also has more fat children than most other American counties. 3) By the time they are four, 24% of the children are overweight. By kindergarten, 28%, and by elementary school, 50%. 4) Half the adults in Starr county have type-2 diabetes. 5) All children receive free breakfast and free lunch, heavily subsized by USDA's surplus milk and cheese policy.

Throughout history, obesity and wealth have been directly proportional. Aristocracy has always benefited from the creme de la creme of man's food supply, and overeating of rich foods has been reserved for the rulers of both primitive and civilized societies. Today, starvation and malnutrition are directly proportional to poverty in most world nations. America is the exception. In the United States, being poor often means being overweight. Poor children in America's inner cities are often roly-poly fat children. Drive by any schoolyard in America's inner cities and overweight kids are the norm, not the exception. Children, lacking in proper nutrition at home, are now the beneficiaries of school breakfast and lunch programs. What food group is the most subsidized in America? Milk and dairy products. Milk is mandatory for school lunch programs. Milk contains plenty of calories, growth hormones, fat, and cholesterol. The most powerful

growth hormone in the human body is identical to the most powerful growth hormone in a cow's body. That hormone instructs every cell in the human body to grow. Children are becoming overweight at an early age. By eating growth hormones in combination with animal fat, the body has a way of listening to the signals of those chemical messengers: Grow! Many children of color live below the poverty level. In its wisdom, the United States Department of Agriculture provides free food and nutritional programs for these kids. In its lack of wisdom, USDA has chosen milk and dairy products to be the major components of these kids' diets. These children now receive free breakfasts of cereal with milk, free lunches of chocolate milk with macaroni and cheese or pizza. A free snack before they go home is more chocolate milk. Ten pounds of milk are required to make one pound of cheese. In 1970, the average American ate ten pounds of cheese. Today, the

average American eats thirty pounds of cheese. Concentrated growth hormones in the presence of fat and cholesterol do just what they were designed to accomplish. Milk and dairy products represent 40% of the average American's diet, 666 pounds per year per person. Milk and dairy products contain lots of calories, saturated fat, cholesterol, and growth hormones. Growth hormones instruct cells to grow. After eating dairy products, the body does what it is instructed to do. Grow! So, place the blame where it rightfully belongs. Behold, the growth power of dairy. Got obesity? Got milk! Robert Cohen http://www.notmilk.com

Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'

Karen,

Super Size Me is a good look at what fast food can do to the human body. Remember not only did he gain weight, and barf. His girl friend was complaining about his ability to perform.

I own this movie. Perhaps we should have a private showing for Raw Soul members.

Lynda

Elaine,

I can honestly say that I can smell the difference in people that do not eat dead flesh from those who do not eat flesh. even though the people are clean they have a smell. Also my dog does not smell when she eats live meat. However when she eats cooked meat she smells like a dog. It also makes her frisky when she eats live meat

Lynda

Recently we watched a movie called "Super Size Me" where a man did an experiment with his own body. He decided to eat only at McDonalds for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He had nutritionists and Drs. monitoring and warning him all along. By the end he developed many of the common dangerous health problems. We are not surprised. He also went into the schools to see what they were being fed on the lunch programs. Many have fast food restaurant options. Milk wasn't even offered, mostly red meat, Twinkies, carbonated sugar water, French fries etc. Shocking and might be worth the viewing-at least part of it. Karen

"Robert Cohen" NOTMILK - Obesity in 2005Obesity in 2005 New York Times magazine section (Sunday, January 2, 2005) contains an obesity Story (pages 34-39, by Elizabeth Weil), which asks as its headline: "In Starr Conty, Tex--which has one of the highest rates of obesity in the nation--early half the kids in elementary school are overweight. Is it because they are poor? Is it genetic? Or is something else going on?"

I believe it was also mentioned that he smelled from the poisonous

food in his system. An excellent documentary.

Elaine

, Namaska7@a... wrote:

> Karen,

> Super Size Me is a good look at what fast food can do to the

human body.

> Remember not only did he gain weight, and barf. His girl friend

was complaining about his ability to perform. I own this movie.

Perhaps we should have a private showing for Raw Soul members.

>

> Lynda

reading that article about child obesity in poverty stricken families. It made me think of how Ramen noodles which are so unhealthy and loaded with chemicals and sodium are $.10 where nice whole grain or spinach pasta's are $4.99 a lb. Its not just the dairy industry, junk food is so damn cheap. I compared a cheap vegetaiian diet for my kids Veggie franks and beans, grilled cheese and tomatoe soup, spegetti and soy balls. Its cheaper, but when I buy whole food, fresh veggies, whole grain bread. I pay twice as much at least to eat fresh and I take twice as much time cooking it, but for me its worth it. Not everyone is can do thatKaren Woods <kydwoods wrote:

Recently we watched a movie called "Super Size Me" where a man did an experiment with his own body. He decided to eat only at McDonalds for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He had nutritionists and Drs. monitoring and warning him all along. By the end he developed many of the common dangerous health problems. We are not surprised. He also went into the schools to see what they were being fed on the lunch programs. Many have fast food restaurant options. Milk wasn't even offered, mostly red meat, Twinkies, carbonated sugar water, French fries etc. Shocking and might be worth the viewing-at least part of it. Karen

"Robert Cohen" NOTMILK - Obesity in 2005Obesity in 2005 New York Times magazine section (Sunday, January 2, 2005) contains an obesity Story (pages 34-39, by Elizabeth Weil), which asks as its headline: "In Starr Conty, Tex--which has one of the highest rates of obesity in the nation--early half the kids in elementary school are overweight. Is it because they are poor? Is it genetic? Or is something else going on?"

Hugs from MD

Tara

proud mom of three great kids

Sara 9, Joey 7, and Skylar 5