IndiaDivine.org

Hello from a new member

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I just joined this group today, and I wanted to say hello to all of you

and introduce myself. I am a 36 year-old mother of a 3 1/2 year old.

I have been vegetarian for 13 years and vegan off and on throughout

that time period. I have patronized several raw food establishments

such as Everlasting Life and Sprout Cafe in Atlanta and Everlasting

Life in Washington, DC. I have attended several raw food seminars in

Atlanta and have gone on several 3 to 10-day juice fasts. It was not

until 2 weeks ago that I had some kind of a " raw-food breakthrough " : I

have been craving and only eating raw foods for the last 2 weeks. My

goal is to eat raw for at least 30 days. If at the 30-day point, I am

still happy, I will continue for as long as I desire.

At any rate, I look forward to dialoguing with all of you. My one goal

is to transition my daughter, who is vegetarian, to a healthier diet.

(She primarily feasts on toasted wheat bread and soy dream.) We

currently reside in Washington, DC, and I would love to expose her to

other children in the area who are her age and who are raw foodists or

at least vegan.

Guest guest

Hi, Dominique

I am a 34 y.o. vegan (mostly raw) mom of two boys, 9

and almost 3, who are enjoying many of the raw foods I

make for them, but are still eating things that I wish

I never let in the house! They are vegetarians at

least, a little lacto-ovo. I've succeeded in banning

the analog meats, refined sugars and refined grains

from the house, so the eggs and raw cheese will have

to wait a bit. My mantra about this process is

" progress, not perfection " ...

We aren't in D.C., but we're not so far away in

Montgomery Village (mid Mont Co.) Feel free to e-mail

me off-list if you would like to talk more.

BTW, welcome!

Blessings,

Elise

--- Dominique <jetsetteratl1996 wrote:

>

>

> I just joined this group today, and I wanted to say

> hello to all of you

> and introduce myself. I am a 36 year-old mother of

> a 3 1/2 year old.

Guest guest

Welcome, Dominique!

One thing to watch when children are on raw foods is that they get enough calories and enough fats and oils, which are necessary for brain development.

I fed my toddler (many years ago!) avocados, mashed with a fork with ripe bananas. That gave her lots of nutrients, including fats.

Another piece of advice: Be flexible. You don't want your child to resent you or to rebel later. It's what you do on a daily basis that matters. I made exceptions for parties, holidays, etc.

Best wishes,

Helena

Guest guest

Peace, Dominique!

Welcome to the group. I applaud your efforts to continue with your raw diet. Regarding your desire for your daughter to meet other vegan children, stay in contact with Everlasting Life in Capital Heights Md (contact Brother Yoahk 301-324-6900). They recently had a children's vegan cooking class with "Doc Broc" (short for Broccoli) where he and the children made vegan pizzas. They may have another class soon so stay tuned.

ZakhahDominique <jetsetteratl1996 wrote:

I just joined this group today, and I wanted to say hello to all of you and introduce myself. I am a 36 year-old mother of a 3 1/2 year old. I have been vegetarian for 13 years and vegan off and on throughout that time period. I have patronized several raw food establishments such as Everlasting Life and Sprout Cafe in Atlanta and Everlasting Life in Washington, DC. I have attended several raw food seminars in Atlanta and have gone on several 3 to 10-day juice fasts.

Guest guest

Hi,

Welcome to the group. I am a 33 yr old single mom of three kids. I live in Mont. Country MD. I have been 75% raw since March 1st of this year. I love it. I was never good at receipes. I love food and would like to cook, but hated anything that had a ton of ingredients. So now that I have pretty much switched to whole foods, life is a lot simpler. My kids are not vegetarians. I tried to convert them a little bit, but with their father its impossible. They do eat very healthy though and to tell you the truth, its enough work getting myself on the right path.

Dominique <jetsetteratl1996 wrote:

I just joined this group today, and I wanted to say hello to all of you and introduce myself. I am a 36 year-old mother of a 3 1/2 year old. I have been vegetarian for 13 years and vegan off and on throughout that time period. I have patronized several raw food establishments such as Everlasting Life and Sprout Cafe in Atlanta and Everlasting Life in Washington, DC. I have attended several raw food seminars in Atlanta and have gone on several 3 to 10-day juice fasts. It was not until 2 weeks ago that I had some kind of a "raw-food breakthrough": I have been craving and only eating raw foods for the last 2 weeks. My goal is to eat raw for at least 30 days. If at the 30-day point, I am still happy, I will continue for as long as I desire.At any rate, I look forward to dialoguing

with all of you. My one goal is to transition my daughter, who is vegetarian, to a healthier diet. (She primarily feasts on toasted wheat bread and soy dream.) We currently reside in Washington, DC, and I would love to expose her to other children in the area who are her age and who are raw foodists or at least vegan.

Hugs from MD

Tara

proud mom of three great kids

Sara 9, Joey 7, and Skylar 5

Plan great trips with Travel: Now over 17,000 guides!

Guest guest

Elise,

Im in Mont. VIllage as well. I have a 9 yr old girl, 7 yr old boy, and 5 yr old girl. Sounds like we all could get a nice play group going.

TaraElise Hayden-Ferdman <ehaydenf wrote:

Hi, DominiqueI am a 34 y.o. vegan (mostly raw) mom of two boys, 9and almost 3, who are enjoying many of the raw foods Imake for them, but are still eating things that I wishI never let in the house! They are vegetarians atleast, a little lacto-ovo. I've succeeded in banningthe analog meats, refined sugars and refined grainsfrom the house, so the eggs and raw cheese will haveto wait a bit. My mantra about this process is"progress, not perfection"...We aren't in D.C., but we're not so far away inMontgomery Village (mid Mont Co.) Feel free to e-mailme off-list if you would like to talk more.BTW, welcome!Blessings, Elise--- Dominique <jetsetteratl1996 wrote:> > > I just joined this group today, and I wanted to say> hello to all of you > and

introduce myself. I am a 36 year-old mother of> a 3 1/2 year old.

Hugs from MD

Tara

Guest guest

I sent a reply to Dominique privately, but here is an excerpt:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm going to have to give some thought to your question. One thing that comes to mind is that I remember cutting up fruits and veggies and arrranging them artistically on the plate. I made patterns, happy faces, etc.

"Ants on a log" refers to taking a celery stick and filling the groove with peanut butter and then placing raisins in a line on top of the peanut butter.

I took a rice cake and spread it with peanut butter and then used sprouts for hair and made a happy face out of raisins.

You get the idea.

You could ask HER to help with the artistic arrangement or to suggest a "picture" to make, and then do it together. Then she'll get interested in the creation.

The most important thing is YOU CONTROL WHAT COMES INTO THE HOUSE. If it's not in the cabinet or fridge then she can't eat it (at home, anyway!).

Another thing... if she gets hungry enough, eventually she will eat the healthy food that you put in front of her.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Tara <peechysweett71 wrote:

Elise,

Im in Mont. VIllage as well. I have a 9 yr old girl, 7 yr old boy, and 5 yr old girl. Sounds like we all could get a nice play group going.

TaraElise Hayden-Ferdman <ehaydenf wrote:

Hi, DominiqueI am a 34 y.o. vegan (mostly raw) mom of two boys, 9and almost 3, who are enjoying many of the raw foods Imake for them, but are still eating things that I wishI never let in the house! They are vegetarians atleast, a little lacto-ovo. I've succeeded in banningthe analog meats, refined sugars and refined grainsfrom the house, so the eggs and raw cheese will haveto wait a bit. My mantra about this process is"progress, not perfection"...We aren't in D.C., but we're not so far away inMontgomery Village (mid Mont Co.) Feel free to e-mailme off-list if you would like to talk more.BTW, welcome!Blessings, Elise--- Dominique <jetsetteratl1996 wrote:> > > I just joined this group today, and I wanted to say> hello to all of you > and

introduce myself. I am a 36 year-old mother of> a 3 1/2 year old.

Hugs from MD

Tara