IndiaDivine.org

WHERE?????? / Potluck this Saturday?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

You know, perhaps I am alone on this way of thinking, but it seems to me that it would be NICE - if in the Subject Title of the Post, that the LOCATION of this potluck was put - I am in Indiana - and posts such as this, TO ME, make me feel that perhaps I am in the wrong group; please tell me now if this group if supposed to be for a certain AREA of the country - and if it is - my oversight in joining. Thank You.

dapperd72 wrote:

Hello, all,Does anyone know if a raw vegan potluck is planned for this Saturday since Elaine told me she plans to have such an event on the 3rd Saturday of every month? I haven't seen anything posted about this yet and it's only 2 days away. Thanks to whoever knows about this.Peace,David-- "Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country."--Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, 1908Impeach the Shrub! Regime change begins at

home!________________Switch to Netscape Internet Service.As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/registerNetscape. Just the Net You Need.New! Netscape Toolbar for Internet ExplorerSearch from anywhere on the Web and block those annoying pop-ups.Download now at http://channels.netscape.com/ns/search/install.jsp

An e-mail from Joanie

May all of your journeys be safe ones.

Guest guest

Greetings Joanie,

I'm not sure if you've had a chance to read the "Mission Statement" in 's home page since you joined. Initially, it was intended strictly for vegetarians, vegans and curious raw vegans who resided in the Washington, DC Metro Area. To our surprise, we received overwhelming responses from struggling people who lived in very remote areas across and out of the country who had no support or resources to assist them in their transitions to raw so it was decided not to limit the membership. From that point, it's your decision.

We have attempted to network with members outside of this area and asked them to keep dialogues going by posting to this group various activities taking place in their perspective areas such as Pot Lucks, Classes, Seminars etc., in case others are able to participate. Additionally, there are a number of members in the group who are able to provide services, equipment and food via mail if requested. You will see these posts on a regular basis.

There are all kinds of organizations that offer support in addition to this group, for instance: www.vegetarian.meetup.com , www.vegan.meetup.com and www.rawfood.meetup.com . These groups a popping up all over. You may also lots of support groups through .

As for the "location" of the Pot Lucks and/or other types of gatherings, the moment it is decided when and where, we extend personal invitations to the whole group as a courtesy and depending on the activity, some of us are even willling to travel.

I often advise new members to take a block of messages from the message board from the beginning to read each day in order to grasp what we're about and the information that's been shared thus far.

Finally, you are welcome to remain here as long as you wish.

Good Health to You

Elaine

Owner -

Joanie <christmasbaby1956 wrote:

You know, perhaps I am alone on this way of thinking, but it seems to me that it would be NICE - if in the Subject Title of the Post, that the LOCATION of this potluck was put - I am in Indiana - and posts such as this, TO ME, make me feel that perhaps I am in the wrong group; please tell me now if this group if supposed to be for a certain AREA of the country - and if it is - my oversight in joining. Thank You.

Mail Mobile Take Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone.