IndiaDivine.org

seeking book recommendations for taking kids vegetarian

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Paris

I have a 18 year old who I raised as a vegetarian, then I tried to steer her to a Vegan diet. How ever those school pizza's got the best of her. Now she eats more raw than ever, but is not interested in going raw. I regularly used vitamin supplements and Chinese herb when needed. Not wanting to take any chance with my baby. Now she is 6' no cavities has taken no drugs under my watch.

The seventh day Adventist are a great resource for raising vegetarian kids.

Here are some of the books I used:

Ten Talents

The Teen Vegetarian cookbook

30 Days@Delights of the Garden

Students Vegetarian Cookbook

Soul Vegetarian Cookbook

The Uncheese Cookbook Joanne Stepaniak

Back to Eden

All the Best

Zatiti Ema

Ahealingtree.com

Vegetarian Day Spa

Anne Wigmore Educator

Guest guest

I am seeking good books for a parent seeking to get their children first vegetarian and also to incorporate some live dishes

thank you

paris E. Rice-Fells <shortydemp Group Wed, 1 Jun 2005 05:45:11 -0700 (PDT) Fwd: Re: The Blessed Raw Deal's 2nd Annual Raw-Out

Greetings Members:

FYI: (If you're in the area)LaVerne McDonald <lmcdonal wrote:

Wed, 01 Jun 2005 08:33:59 -0400LaVerne McDonald <lmcdonal"E. Rice-Fells" <shortydempRe: The Blessed Raw Deal's 2nd Annual Raw-Out

Promoting Good Success Through Healthy Eating

The Blessed Raw Deal’s 2nd Annual Raw-Out

Guest guest

See website for Vegetarian Resource Group. They are based in Baltimore and you can order books through them. Also, they have a great magazine (vegan).SILVERPARIS wrote:

I am seeking good books for a parent seeking to get their children first vegetarian and also to incorporate some live dishes

thank you

paris E. Rice-Fells <shortydemp Group Wed, 1 Jun 2005 05:45:11 -0700 (PDT) Fwd: Re: The Blessed Raw Deal's 2nd Annual Raw-Out

Greetings Members:

FYI: (If you're in the area)LaVerne McDonald <lmcdonal wrote:

Wed, 01 Jun 2005 08:33:59 -0400LaVerne McDonald <lmcdonal"E. Rice-Fells" <shortydempRe: The Blessed Raw Deal's 2nd Annual Raw-Out

Promoting Good Success Through Healthy Eating

The Blessed Raw Deal’s 2nd Annual Raw-Out

Discover Get on-the-go sports scores, stock quotes, news more. Check it out!

Guest guest

Greetings Paris,

The Boutenko family has written lots of books that are helpful:

12 steps to overcoming the cooked food addiction was the first book I read that helped me on this path.

The Boutenko children wrote a book called eating without heating (someone correct me if I have the name wrong) and their book Raw Family speaks of their journey from dis-ease to wellness.

Raw kids is another good book

As far as transitioning from meat to vegetarianism- The vegan cookbook or Vegan Gourmet was given to me by my in-laws- and there's tons of vegetarian recipe books.

I also have kids that are carnivorous. I'm looking foward to completing my studies (the bulk of which should be finished by the end of July-YEA!!!!), then I hope to bring my kids to more kids raw potlucks- the one this past weekend at Malcolm X Park with soccer sounded great!

There's also a book about ADHD and natural treatments by Skye Weintraub.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but I hope it helps some.

love and lite

pam

Guest guest

Check out Vegetarian Resource Group. I'm sure they have a website with books available about kids.atzzill wrote:

Greetings Paris,

The Boutenko family has written lots of books that are helpful:

12 steps to overcoming the cooked food addiction was the first book I read that helped me on this path.

The Boutenko children wrote a book called eating without heating (someone correct me if I have the name wrong) and their book Raw Family speaks of their journey from dis-ease to wellness.

Raw kids is another good book

As far as transitioning from meat to vegetarianism- The vegan cookbook or Vegan Gourmet was given to me by my in-laws- and there's tons of vegetarian recipe books.

I also have kids that are carnivorous. I'm looking foward to completing my studies (the bulk of which should be finished by the end of July-YEA!!!!), then I hope to bring my kids to more kids raw potlucks- the one this past weekend at Malcolm X Park with soccer sounded great!

There's also a book about ADHD and natural treatments by Skye Weintraub.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but I hope it helps some.

love and lite

pam

Discover Get on-the-go sports scores, stock quotes, news more. Check it out!

Guest guest

Blessings,

Another really neat book is "Feast without Yeast" by Dr.Bruce Semon.

He used to work at NIH, now he is in the midwest somewhere. He also just wrote, The extrodinary power to heal. I first heard of him when I discovered the connection between autism and yeast. He wrote an article in the book Biological treatments for autism and PDD.

Then he wrote Feast without yeast. This is a transition book with four stages of diets for kids to eliminate yeast and meat from their diets. I have it- if youre close to virginia, I could lend it to you or get you his contact info.

love and light

pam