IndiaDivine.org

Stinky, raw food and other such nonsense

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have been raw for about 3.5 months. (Prior to that I was a cooked

food vegetarian for 13 years.) At any rate, most of the people in my

office know that I eat " healthy. " They may not know the details, but

they know that I don't eat what they eat.

At any rate, my manager pulled me aside one day and told me that a

group of people in the office got together and sent him an email

complaining about the smell of my food. They indicated that it was

really offensive and requested that he ask me, even though no one

else is required to do this, to eat in the cafeteria or outside.

I typically bring my snacks and meals with me to work. I eat at my

desk so that I can leave early to pick up my daughter. Some of the

dishes that I bring to work are: fresh fruit (mangoes, bananas,

melon, apples, pineapple, papaya, grapes, blueberries, strawberries,

tomatoes, avocados), fresh juice (carrot, apple beet, apple spinach,

apple celery, pear), salads (cucumber-dill salad, brocoli/cauliflower

pesto, marinated kale, stuffed poblano peppers, marinated mushrooms),

nut butters, and dried fruits. The only items that have a strong

aroma, to me, are the marinated kale, which has raw garlic and

nutritional yeast and the pesto dishes, which have garlic and

onions. However, I cannot see how those items are soooo offensive to

warrant complaints from the head of the department. Even my manager

felt that the whole thing was silly because he received emails and

calls from the Chief of Staff and the head of the department!

Moreover, the people whom I suspect are complaining, will not even

look me in the eye! How silly is that?

Anyway, one incident that I felt was illustrative of the dietary

differences between my co-workers and myself took place during a

division meeting that was conducted around the 4th of July. The only

supplied snacks were chips, brownies, and soda. The meeting hosts

pleaded with me to eat their food, but I declined. In addition, I am

facilitating a meeting of individuals coming from out of town. I was

given a small budget to purchase refreshments. My manager wanted me

to purchase doughnuts, danishes, pretzels, and soda. I asked if we

could purchase fruit, trail mix, and water. My manager insisted that

most people eat danishes and not fruit, and that fruit was too

expensive of a purchase. . .

I know that this seems petty, but this whole thing really bothers

me. I feel singled out because of my dietary choices, and I do not

understand the outright hostility towards me over natural aromas,

especially when those items are consumed within a few minutes and not

everyday. In addition, other people pop popcorn and warm their

lunches in the microwave located near our desks.

Am I being inconsiderate of my co-workers, considering that garlic

and onions do have strong aromas?

Guest guest

In an effort to bring peace and respect for the raw food movement, you might consider eating the strong foods away from your desk, but there seems NO reason to not eat the rest at your desk.

This is what you tell your boss. If you were on a restricted diet from your Dr. because of your health issues he would be out of place to insist you eat what others were eating. THIS is basically the same thing. This is your health and he has no right to discriminate against you because of your food choices ( IF he is a gentleman, he would make an effort to please all parties and would provide some fruit for you - I just bring my own food most of the time knowing others are just not at the same place). It is ok for him to not insist that others "be forced" to eat like you at meetings you host, however, he is rather FOOLISH and obviously knows NOTHING about nutrition or he would be THRILLED to have you bring healthy snacks. My approach would be this - ask him if you can get fruit, water, and what ever else he things is good snack food and then keep track of what is eaten. He may be surprised to see how health conscious others are. Another thing would be to mention about how refined foods filled with sugar severely limit the concentration and attentiveness of people as well as get them wound-up, irritable and tired The meetings will be much more productive and pleasant if fruit, whole grains, trail mix, etc. are served instead of junk food. And you can tell him that comes from a nutritionist :-)

Hang in there, be adaptable, but stick to your guns - before long people will be asking to TASTE your food, rather than run from it :-)

Nancy

Nancy Parlette HEALTHY LIVING STRATEGIES Natural Health Counselor Nutrition Educator (410) 531-2410 healthylivingstrategies http://www.healthylivingstrategies.net/

On Behalf Of DominiqueThursday, July 07, 2005 1:36 PM Subject: Stinky, raw food and other such nonsenseI have been raw for about 3.5 months. (Prior to that I was a cooked food vegetarian for 13 years.) At any rate, most of the people in my office know that I eat "healthy." They may not know the details, but they know that I don't eat what they eat

Guest guest

Acceptance works well for me, and the more I am being it the more I'm sourrounded by it. Sometimes change we make for our betterment stimilates others inner desire to change. When they are resistant to that urging self conflict (very unconfortable) arises. We don't often welcome people associated w/ triggering these things. A good buddy of mine would say, "they talked about Jesus Christ, what makes you think they won't talk about you"

peace,

Mark Dominique <jetsetteratl1996 Sent: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:36:00 -0000 Stinky, raw food and other such nonsense

I have been raw for about 3.5 months. (Prior to that I was a cooked food vegetarian for 13 years.) At any rate, most of the people in my office know that I eat "healthy." They may not know the details, but they know that I don't eat what they eat.

At any rate, my manager pulled me aside one day and told me that a group of people in the office got together and sent him an email complaining about the smell of my food. They indicated that it was really offensive and requested that he ask me, even though no one else is required to do this, to eat in the cafeteria or outside.

I typically bring my snacks and meals with me to work. I eat at my desk so that I can leave early to pick up my daughter. Some of the dishes that I bring to work are: fresh fruit (mangoes, bananas, melon, apples, pineapple, papaya, grapes, blueberries, strawberries, tomatoes, avocados), fresh juice (carrot, apple beet, apple spinach, apple celery, pear), salads (cucumber-dill salad, brocoli/cauliflower pesto, marinated kale, stuffed poblano peppers, marinated mushrooms), nut butters, and dried fruits. The only items that have a strong aroma, to me, are the marinated kale, which has raw garlic and nutritional yeast and the pesto dishes, which have garlic and onions. However, I cannot see how those items are soooo offensive to warrant complaints from the head of the department. Even my manager felt that the whole thing was silly because he received emails and calls from the Chief of Staff and the head of the department! Moreover, the people whom I suspect are complaining, will not even look me in the eye! How silly is that?

Anyway, one incident that I felt was illustrative of the dietary differences between my co-workers and myself took place during a division meeting that was conducted around the 4th of July. The only supplied snacks were chips, brownies, and soda. The meeting hosts pleaded with me to eat their food, but I declined. In addition, I am facilitating a meeting of individuals coming from out of town. I was given a small budget to purchase refreshments. My manager wanted me to purchase doughnuts, danishes, pretzels, and soda. I asked if we could purchase fruit, trail mix, and water. My manager insisted that most people eat danishes and not fruit, and that fruit was too expensive of a purchase. . .

I know that this seems petty, but this whole thing really bothers me. I feel singled out because of my dietary choices, and I do not understand the outright hostility towards me over natural aromas, especially when those items are consumed within a few minutes and not everyday. In addition, other people pop popcorn and warm their lunches in the microwave located near our desks.

Am I being inconsiderate of my co-workers, considering that garlic and onions do have strong aromas?

Guest guest

I Feel Horrible.

Sorry You work with a bunch of Jack Asses

I had taught in a class room; Where I was usually alone ; except for the children. Several years ago I was confronted with the same ignorance. It had to do with the smell of my soup which was loaded with garlic and herbs .

I laughed ! When the guy that I worked with told me what others were saying. All of these folks are sick mentally and physically . Many of them are young in age but their bodies are in poor shape. They are always fatigue. When it is flu season they are out. And

Most of all they are poor in spirit.

Which is Why they can't look you in the face.

These people are not worth wasting your time with ;ignore them all. And ask your supervisor if it be too much to ask not to be bothered with any more of these chatter. If it continues your human rights are being violated and that may have to be addressed. If you eat in the cafeteria everybody eats there. This is America ; so the rules will apply to all the employees.

Feel Wonderful Knowing that you have the Power

Love And Blessings

Lynda Carter C.N.C.

www.aliveandraw.com