IndiaDivine.org

Fasting and Diabetes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jackie,

those blood glucose reading are too high. Normal readings are 99 to 120 ....I would be happy with 130 or 150 . But 259 is way too high .

This is just a suggestion. Perhaps it would be wise for you to juice mostly vegetables or botanical fruits , peppers, etc.

Just my two cents .

Lynda

Guest guest

Ok , Jackie , I went back over your glucose readings . Your right they did go down a lot . The final reading was 132 which is much better Than the 259. . Are you now off of medication ?

Love Lynda

Guest guest

Greetings,

I have a question. Can one safely fast with diabetes or must one find

other ways to detox with this condition?

Also, while I'm here, I'd be happy to hear from any raw fooders

(foodists?) who are dealing with staying on track because they still

must cook for other family members.

Thanks for your help.

Peace and blessings <*{{{><

Gail

Guest guest

Gail

I just completed a 32 day juice fast - I am a type II diabetic with pills diabetic. For the first 5 days of the fast, my fasting blood sugar was 259, on day 6 -8, it hovered around 192-199. Days 9-15, 172, and then onward to days 15-25, 152 and the balance of my fast, my waking sugar was 132-138.

The key to this is adding a whole cucumber to my fruit juices each time I made that type of juice, which did not change the flavor, but was quite refreshing. Also string beans are a natural insulin and can be juiced as well, and yes, it worked! You may also add any greens to alkalize your juice, such as spinach, kale, collards, chard and that will help you avoid those spikes.

I too cooked for my family - my husband has since joined me in raw and I work diligently to one prepare only vegan dishes for my son (age 17), and keep him encouraged - at his breakfast, it is always fruit , and at dinner, a large veggie salad, with a raw dressing that is prepared and he is now eating more raw. You may e-mail later and I can share some things that I do, as I teach a class on this.

Jacki

My Inspiration Knows No Boundaries!

" Gail Johnson " <ebonysea7

" Gail Johnson " <ebonysea7

Sent by:

08/02/2005 09:42 AM

Please respond to

To:

cc: (bcc: Jacqueline D. Rooths/CFO/HHQ/HUD)

Subject: Fasting and Diabetes

Greetings,

I have a question. Can one safely fast with diabetes or must one find

other ways to detox with this condition?

Also, while I'm here, I'd be happy to hear from any raw fooders

(foodists?) who are dealing with staying on track because they still

must cook for other family members.

Thanks for your help.

Peace and blessings <*{{{><

Gail

Guest guest

Sadly, no at this time, however, it has been reduced - I had some serious systems issues, which has not allowed my being off meds. I am looking forward to re-evaluation in October.

My Inspiration Knows No Boundaries!

Namaska7

Namaska7

Sent by:

08/02/2005 12:13 PM

Please respond to

To:

cc: (bcc: Jacqueline D. Rooths/CFO/HHQ/HUD)

Subject: Re: Fasting and Diabetes

Ok , Jackie , I went back over your glucose readings . Your right they did go down a lot . The final reading was 132 which is much better Than the 259. . Are you now off of medication ?

Love Lynda

Guest guest

Mark,

that is how I have been able to fast. I always use some string bean juice , apples and vegetables. I would love to do more fruit but that would be death for me. The nut & seed milks are helpful for me too. My blood glucose during this time is always normal or under normal. I have tried to do the Master cleanse and that maple syrup had my glucose up to 135 or 140.

Which is a little elevated.. Before embracing live foods my blood glucose would be off the chain. So this is a blessing . I also avoid corn . It is all sugar.

High Blood glucose can destroy your circulatory system and other systems also.

Lynda

Guest guest

Z,

You can have your blood sugar tested by a doctor or with a blood test meter which is standard equipment once one is diagnosed with diabetes. Normal fasting blood glucuse level is between 70 and 110 g/dl, although 100 is considered to be pre-diabetes level.

P.S. I appreciate all those who have responded to my question. I'm glad to know that with a few precautions, it is possible to fast with diabetes.

/gfj

-- _________Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Guest guest

Personally I use blood. This is a lot more accurate than urine testing . Symptoms are usually thirsty, lots of urination, and unexplained weight loss which has never happened to me

Lynda