IndiaDivine.org

RE: Raw in 10 Min.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Nancy,

raw in ten has no ten minute recipes. The title is a fake. The book is done nicely .. Oddly enough he uses the same seasoning for almost every recipe . I guess they are his favorites.

Do you have the book ? Or thinking about buying it ?

Lynda

HI,

Just wondering for those of you who got Raw in 10, how are you liking it? Are the recipes good and do you use a lot of them?

Thanks.

N.

Nancy Parlette HEALTHY LIVING STRATEGIES Natural Health Counselor Nutrition Educator (410) 531-2410 healthylivingstrategies http://www.healthylivingstrategies.net/

On Behalf Of ElaineTuesday, August 23, 2005 10:32 AM Subject: Re: coconutHi Paul,If you will go to 's homepage and click on "Links" then "Resources" you will find a section dedicated to research and documentation on oils, fats and particularly Virgin Coconut Oil. I researched all of this information a few years ago and it is quite interesting. I would advise you to bookmark the Weston Price Foundation site, read evertything and visit it often. There is a seminar annually that's held in various cities.On a personal note, my househould abandonded the "Eat Right for Your Blood Type" theory a few years ago. There were just too many food items disputed and we were deprived of too many food items that we enjoyed and found were not harmful to us, long or short term.Noted: You can't go wrong with Virgin Coconut Oil.Elaine , lenalda@a... wrote:> Hi, I like the information that you gave on coconut oil. I'm following the > Type B eat right for your type diet program and coconut oil and meat is not > allow , can you direct me to more information on coconut oil, water and meat in > your diet.> > Thanks!> Paul Stig

Thanks - I won't bother buying it then.

N.

Nancy Parlette HEALTHY LIVING STRATEGIES Natural Health Counselor Nutrition Educator (410) 531-2410 healthylivingstrategies http://www.healthylivingstrategies.net/

On Behalf Of Namaska7Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:21 PM Subject: Re: RE: Raw in 10 Min.

Hi Nancy,

raw in ten has no ten minute recipes. The title is a fake. The book is done nicely .. Oddly enough he uses the same seasoning for almost every recipe . I guess they are his favorites.

Do you have the book ? Or thinking about buying it ?

Lynda

We have the book, and have made some of the recipes. While I would have to concur at least in part with Lynda's analysis, there are some quick ones. Also, lots of really nifty uses for almond pulp (which, being as frugal as I am, I can't stand throwing away, especially with the price of organic almonds being what it is!). If you think of that as a by-product that you have an endless supply of, then any of the recipes using it only take 10 min. to prepare. Well, maybe I'm assuming that y'all consume as much almond milk as we do in our home! Also, along the lines of the coconut discussion, there are plenty of opportunities to use coconut oil and young coconut meat in smoothies and desserts. Most things we've really liked ("steak", raweos, mac & cheese, baklava come to mind), though the spinach dip was kinda yucky, IMHO. I might have used too much spinach, though.

Anyway, I think it is a good one to have around!

Blessed be,

Elisepnparlette wrote:

HI,

Just wondering for those of you who got Raw in 10, how are you liking it? Are the recipes good and do you use a lot of them?

Thanks.

N.

On Behalf Of ElaineTuesday, August 23, 2005 10:32 AM Subject: Re: coconutHi Paul,If you will go to 's homepage and click on "Links" then "Resources" you will find a section dedicated to research and documentation on oils, fats and particularly Virgin Coconut Oil. I researched all of this information a few years ago and it is quite interesting. I would advise you to bookmark the Weston Price Foundation site, read evertything and visit it often. There is a seminar annually that's held in various cities.On a personal note, my househould abandonded the "Eat Right for Your Blood Type" theory a few years ago. There were just too

many food items disputed and we were deprived of too many food items that we enjoyed and found were not harmful to us, long or short term.Noted: You can't go wrong with Virgin Coconut Oil.Elaine , lenalda@a... wrote:> Hi, I like the information that you gave on coconut oil. I'm following the > Type B eat right for your type diet program and coconut oil and meat is not > allow , can you direct me to more information on coconut oil, water and meat in > your diet.> > Thanks!> Paul Stig

Start your day with - make it your home page

I share your view on that book. I'm glad I have it, but some of the

recipes are way outside the window (well, it takes me 10 minutes just to

open a coconut, sometimes)

I love

Raw Foods For Busy People: Simple And Machine Free Recipes For

Every Day

by Jordan Maerin

(some of the recipes aren't machine-free, but they are simple)

Also, Frederic Pautenaude's new book, Instant Raw.

And my old favorite, Eating Without Heating, by the Boutenkos.

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 pnparlette

wrote:

> Thanks - I won't bother buying it then.

> N.

>

>

>

> Nancy Parlette

> HEALTHY LIVING STRATEGIES

> Natural Health Counselor

> Nutrition Educator

> (410) 531-2410

> healthylivingstrategies

> http://www.healthylivingstrategies.net/

>

>

> On Behalf

> Of Namaska7

> Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:21 PM

>

> Re: RE: Raw in 10 Min.

>

>

>

> Hi Nancy,

> raw in ten has no ten minute recipes. The title is a fake. The book

> is done nicely .. Oddly enough he uses the same seasoning for almost

> every recipe . I guess they are his favorites.

> Do you have the book ? Or thinking about buying it ?

> Lynda

>

>

>

I had the book, but took it back because practically every recipe called for Miso. I am in Seattle and have yet to find 'raw' miso. I LOVE the pictures of the food, though.

By the way, I'm new and will introduce myself shortly.

lala

Elise Hayden-Ferdman <ehaydenf wrote:

We have the book, and have made some of the recipes. While I would have to concur at least in part with Lynda's analysis, there are some quick ones. Also, lots of really nifty uses for almond pulp (which, being as frugal as I am, I can't stand throwing away, especially with the price of organic almonds being what it is!). If you think of that as a by-product that you have an endless supply of, then any of the recipes using it only take 10 min. to prepare. Well, maybe I'm assuming that y'all consume as much almond milk as we do in our home! Also, along the lines of the coconut discussion, there are plenty of opportunities to use coconut oil and young coconut meat in smoothies and desserts. Most things we've really liked ("steak", raweos, mac & cheese, baklava come to mind), though the spinach dip was kinda yucky, IMHO. I might have used too much spinach, though.

Anyway, I think it is a good one to have around!

Blessed be,

Elisepnparlette wrote:

HI,

Thanks.

N.

On Behalf Of ElaineTuesday, August 23, 2005 10:32 AM Subject: Re: coconutHi Paul,If you will go to 's homepage and click on "Links" then "Resources" you will find a section dedicated to research and documentation on oils, fats and particularly Virgin Coconut Oil. I researched all of this information a few years ago and it is quite interesting. I would advise you to bookmark the Weston Price Foundation site, read evertything and visit it often. There is a seminar annually that's held in various cities.On a personal note, my househould abandonded the "Eat Right for Your Blood Type" theory a few years ago. There were just too

many food items disputed and we were deprived of too many food items that we enjoyed and found were not harmful to us, long or short term.Noted: You can't go wrong with Virgin Coconut Oil.Elaine , lenalda@a... wrote:> Hi, I like the information that you gave on coconut oil. I'm following the > Type B eat right for your type diet program and coconut oil and meat is not > allow , can you direct me to more information on coconut oil, water and meat in > your diet.> > Thanks!> Paul Stig

Start your day with - make it your home page When it is dark enough you can see the stars

Dr. Cousen's says to look for non pasturized. Most that I have found is pasturized - therefore not raw - or it doesn't say either. I will keep looking though.

Question: Is miso fermented after being processed at high temperatures like Namu Shoyu?

THANKS!! lala

Namaska7 wrote:

Lala,

if your in Seattle, go to the local Asian market all miso is raw. It is fermented

Blessings,

Lynda When it is dark enough you can see the stars

Paula,

Yes, all miso is cooked, despite what Lynda believes. I stopped buying miso altogether about 2 years ago after a Whole Foods employee in the "dairy" section explicitly told me that miso has been made the same way for thousands of years, by boiling soybeans, then allowing them to ferment. That distinguishes a "living food" from a truly raw food, which has never been exposed to heat above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Nama Shoyu is produced exactly the same way. This is why I've always wondered why these items so commonly appear in supposedly raw recipes & such books. Technically this makes as much sense as using deer flesh ("venison") in a recipe which is purportedly vegetarian. I don't imagine how Gabriel Cousens honestly expects anyone to find genuinely raw miso. If one were to ask any Asian person how to find this, expecially in an Asian market, I'm sure such a person would laugh uproariously as if being told an Al Franken joke about the Bush gang. Simplicity is bliss. Stick to what you know is raw & you'll fly high.

Namaste,

David

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country."--Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, 1908Impeach the Shrub! Regime change begins at home!

Paula Wood <wolfmother1 Sent: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:38:00 -0700 (PDT)Re: RE: Raw in 10 Min.

Dr. Cousen's says to look for non pasturized. Most that I have found is pasturized - therefore not raw - or it doesn't say either. I will keep looking though.

Question: Is miso fermented after being processed at high temperatures like Namu Shoyu?

THANKS!! lala

Namaska7 wrote:

Lala,

if your in Seattle, go to the local Asian market all miso is raw. It is fermented

Blessings,

Lynda When it is dark enough you can see the stars

The Southriver brand is unpasteurized. I had bought

another brand at a health food store a while back that

was also unpasteurized- I believe it was Westbrae?

Don't quote me on that. Point being, there should be

something out there for you, especially in a place

like Seattle.

Yep, it is fermented after being cooked. A living

food, but not a raw one. I eat it sometimes, it feels

fine to me. It's not right for everyone. I'm sure your

body will let you know if it is right for you.

Blessings,

Elise

--- Paula Wood <wolfmother1 wrote:

> Dr. Cousen's says to look for non pasturized. Most

> that I have found is pasturized - therefore not raw

> - or it doesn't say either. I will keep looking

> though.

>

> Question: Is miso fermented after being processed

> at high temperatures like Namu Shoyu?

>

> THANKS!! lala

>

>

> Namaska7 wrote:

> Lala,

> if your in Seattle, go to the local Asian market

> all miso is raw. It is fermented

> Blessings,

> Lynda

>

>

>

I used to believe that unpasteurized also meant raw, but the Whole Foods

employee who told me how miso has always been made woke me up. Unpateurized

simply means it wasn't cooked after any statutorily required cooking was

completed. Soybeans must be cooked before fermentation, lest they acquire

horrific stenches from the bacteria attacking their rotting molecular structure.

That's the cycle of life, but it's no more palatable than the smell of rotten

eggs or sour bovine mammary secretions. Fermentation has pros and cons, but we

needn't be fooled into believing that such things are inherently raw.

Namaste,

David

Elise Hayden-Ferdman <ehaydenf wrote:

>The Southriver brand is unpasteurized. I had bought

>another brand at a health food store a while back that

>was also unpasteurized- I believe it was Westbrae?

>Don't quote me on that. Point being, there should be

>something out there for you, especially in a place

>like Seattle.

>

>Yep, it is fermented after being cooked. A living

>food, but not a raw one. I eat it sometimes, it feels

>fine to me. It's not right for everyone. I'm sure your

>body will let you know if it is right for you.

>

>Blessings,

>Elise

--

" Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the

president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he

himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he

efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact

extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the

country. "

--Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, 1908

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

New! Netscape Toolbar for Internet Explorer

Search from anywhere on the Web and block those annoying pop-ups.

Download now at http://channels.netscape.com/ns/search/install.jsp