IndiaDivine.org

FW: : Temporary Foster Homes for pets needed after Katrina

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This may be another way to help after the storm. Karen

Angela J Hawkins [ravenspiritcrow]Friday, July 15, 2005 7:31 AM

Hello Everyone

I know you all do so much already but I thought I would pass this along in the hope that you may know someone who could help in some way. I guess contact Lisa who forwarded this to me as there is no other contact information listed. Hopefully you don't mind. Hello to those I have not seen in a while, I have not forgotten you. Thank you and take great care. LPJL Angela.

- PurrplLady

undisclosed-recipients:

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 9:24 AM

Re: : Foster Homes for pets - Temporary needed

If anyone can help, this is MUCH needed in the wake of Katrina. Our pet friends need our assistance.In a message dated 9/6/05 7:06:51 AM, Psbishop writes:

Afriend of mine, Sharon Cornett (used to be Executive Director of Richmond Animal League) will be working with Best Friends and going to Mississippi to work at St. Francis Animal Shelter (70 miles north of New Orleans) for a week with another RAL volunteer or two. Right now they have rescued over 600 animals and are continuing to get more. She would love another volunteer to go down, if anyone is available. They will probably deal with setting up new shelters for incoming animals, and taking care of what is there now. She wanted me to check and see if anyone can temporarily foster animals. This may be anywhere from 3 - 6 months. They don't know yet. Best Friends isn't down there yet, but are on there way, and they will make that decision. Sharon is hoping they will be able to bring some temporary fosters back with them. Sharon is looking for a 3/4 - 1 ton truck, since they are hoping to bring a horse trailer with them filled with supplies. She would like to bring: medical supplies for animals - fluids, syringes, etc.; they are also looking for building supplies, which may be cheaper to purchase here than in that part of the country. She will be bringing a generator, along with water and gasoline in large drums. I will send a more detailed e-mail a little later today to a lot more people -- please forward it to as many people as you can. Thanks everyone! Marie

Hi Karen,

I can house 2 to 3 small dogs.

On 9/8/05, Karen Woods <kydwoods wrote:

This may be another way to help after the storm. Karen

Hi All,

Thank you for your heart to help with housing pets. I don't know that I can coordinate this. We are determining if we can do this as well. Probably the best thing to do is contact the person who sent this to me:

PurrplLady

On Behalf Of Sonia FullenwilderFriday, September 09, 2005 11:55 AM Subject: Re: FW: : Temporary Foster Homes for pets needed after Katrina

Hi Karen,

I can house 2 to 3 small dogs for 3 months. I would say longer, but I am thinking of selling my home after December.