IndiaDivine.org

Chicagoland

Rate this topic

Guest guest

First Annual Veggie Fest in Naperville, IllinoisA huge celebration sharing the vegetarian way of life with thousands of people was held at the Science of Spirituality Center in Naperville, Illinois on Saturday, August 27th. Veggie Fest featured cooking classes, vegetarian samplings, presentations and food demos which were held both outdoors under festive tents and in the auditorium of the Science of Spirituality Center. A background of live music enhanced the festive atmosphere. Free samplings of vegetarian foods were offered from different cuisines-Chinese, Thai, Mexican, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, and Indian preparations as well as raw foods, juices, and tofu demonstrations. The highlight of the event featured Sant Rajinder Singh Ji Maharaj who spoke on "Spiritual Aspects of the Vegetarian Diet." He stated that what we eat affects us

physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. One of the basic tenets of every faith, Maharaj Ji explained, says "Thou shalt not kill." Nonviolence is embedded in each religion. Hence, a vegetarian lifestyle in which we abstain from meat, fish, fowl and eggs is a diet based on compassion. The spiritual Master related stories from the lives of saints from different religious traditions who took great compassion on animals. He explained that we, too, should lead our lives with the least possible destruction. Maharaj Ji also said that the vibrations within foods affect our lives. When we select a vegetarian diet, our ability to connect to our true self is enhanced tremendously. There's a purpose and harmony to creation, he explained. We are conscious beings, full of love and light, A vegetarian way of life is a foundation to a spiritual life.Over the past several years, vegetarianism has become one of the fastest growing trends in North America. Some of the people

who came to Veggie Fest were already vegetarians; many were not. Some came out of curiosity, some to learn, and many came just to have a good time. Whatever their reasons, their response to the event was all positive. Here's a sampling of what people were saying at Veggie Fest: "It's been fantastic! The best thing was the food!"; "Veggie Fest is phenomenal. Everybody was so helpful."; "The food was great and so was the music. It was very family oriented."; "Before this event I never thought about the spiritual reasons for being a vegetarian. Attending this festival has really opened my eyes and inspired me!"; "I was so pleased to meet Sant Rajinder Singh Ji Maharaj; I have been meaning to come to the Science of Spirituality Center for years."The event concluded with a free vegetarian buffet from different cuisines, and a musical concert with world-class professional musicians, including Richard Dworsky on piano, Howard Levy on harmonica, Sones de Mexico, the opera singer

Rudy Fernandez and Marv Jonesi on guitar. As you wandered over the grounds of the Science of Spirituality, draped with tents beneath a starry sky, you could see the smiling faces of the participants, but what captivated most of all was the radiant countenance of the spiritual Master who graced the event and whose support made it all possible.Rain Pratt <fr33dbylove wrote:

Greetings.. for those of us who are looking for events in the midwest and cant seem to find any.. here are a listing of things in the Chicagoland area... peace and blessings

Leafleting- Beck at the Riviera

September 20, 2005

Join us in handing out brochures on vegetarian eating to a very receptive crowd at the Riviera.

I am so sad I missed the Veggie Fest.. I want to cry.......................................why didnt anyone tell me about it... sniffle, sniffle................ please let me know of any other events going on in the IL areasatvicvegan <satvicvegan wrote:

First Annual Veggie Fest in Naperville, IllinoisA huge celebration sharing the vegetarian way of life with thousands of people was held at the Science of Spirituality Center in Naperville, Illinois on Saturday, August 27th. Veggie Fest featured cooking classes, vegetarian samplings, presentations and food demos which were held both outdoors under festive tents and in the auditorium of the Science of Spirituality Center. A background of live music enhanced the festive atmosphere. Free samplings of vegetarian foods were offered from different cuisines-Chinese, Thai, Mexican, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, and Indian preparations as well as raw foods, juices, and tofu demonstrations. The highlight of the event featured Sant Rajinder Singh Ji Maharaj who spoke on "Spiritual Aspects of the Vegetarian Diet." He stated that what we eat affects us

physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. One of the basic tenets of every faith, Maharaj Ji explained, says "Thou shalt not kill." Nonviolence is embedded in each religion. Hence, a vegetarian lifestyle in which we abstain from meat, fish, fowl and eggs is a diet based on compassion. The spiritual Master related stories from the lives of saints from different religious traditions who took great compassion on animals. He explained that we, too, should lead our lives with the least possible destruction.

I DID post it beforehand. Anyway, there are LOTS of events sponsored by the Science of Spirituality Center in Naperville (and elsewhere all over the world!). See www.sos.org.Rain Pratt <fr33dbylove wrote:

I am so sad I missed the Veggie Fest.. I want to cry.......................................why didnt anyone tell me about it... sniffle, sniffle................ please let me know of any other events going on in the IL areasatvicvegan <satvicvegan wrote:

physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. One of the basic tenets of every faith, Maharaj Ji explained, says "Thou shalt not kill." Nonviolence is embedded in each religion. Hence, a vegetarian lifestyle in which we abstain from meat, fish, fowl and eggs is a diet based on compassion. The spiritual Master related stories from the lives of saints from different religious traditions who took great compassion on animals. He explained that we, too, should lead our lives with the least possible destruction.

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

• 1 month later...

Naperville, Illinois: LOTS going on the last two weeks in December. I'm guessing (but not sure) that they will have a Thanksgiving dinner, too. ALL Science of Spirituality events are vegetarian (no meat, fish, fowl or eggs). Call the center! Here's the info: Science of Spirituality Center4 S 175 Naperville Road, Naperville, IL. Phone: 630.955.1200; Fax: 630.955.1205Public web site: http://www.sos.orgInformation by email: DKhanna************************************************Rain Pratt <fr33dbylove wrote: I am so sad I missed the Veggie Fest.. I want to cry.......................................why didnt anyone tell me about it... sniffle, sniffle................ please let me know of any other events going on in the IL areasatvicvegan <satvicvegan wrote: First Annual

Veggie Fest in Naperville, IllinoisA huge celebration sharing the vegetarian way of life with thousands of people was held at the Science of Spirituality Center in Naperville, Illinois on Saturday, August 27th. Veggie Fest featured cooking classes, vegetarian samplings, presentations and food demos which were held both outdoors under festive tents and in the auditorium of the Science of Spirituality Center. A background of live music enhanced the festive atmosphere. Free samplings of vegetarian foods were offered from different cuisines-Chinese, Thai, Mexican, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, and Indian preparations as well as raw foods, juices, and tofu demonstrations. The highlight of the event featured Sant Rajinder Singh Ji Maharaj who spoke on "Spiritual Aspects of the Vegetarian Diet." He stated that what we eat affects us physically, mentally, emotionally, and

spiritually. One of the basic tenets of every faith, Maharaj Ji explained, says "Thou shalt not kill." Nonviolence is embedded in each religion. Hence, a vegetarian lifestyle in which we abstain from meat, fish, fowl and eggs is a diet based on compassion. The spiritual Master related stories from the lives of saints from different religious traditions who took great compassion on animals. He explained that we, too, should lead our lives with the least possible destruction.

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

• 1 month later...

Did anyone go? From a review of the events: "A great success, the Oakbrook Marriott hotel turned 100% vegetarian to accommodate the hotel’s guests. " With Love.satvicvegan <satvicvegan wrote: Naperville, Illinois: LOTS going on the last two weeks in December. I'm guessing (but not sure) that they will have a Thanksgiving dinner, too. ALL Science of Spirituality events are vegetarian (no meat, fish, fowl or eggs). Call the center! Here's the info: Science of Spirituality Center4 S 175 Naperville Road,

Naperville, IL. Phone: 630.955.1200; Fax: 630.955.1205Public web site: http://www.sos.orgInformation by email: DKhanna************************************************Rain Pratt <fr33dbylove wrote: I am so sad I missed the Veggie Fest.. I want to cry.......................................why didnt anyone tell me about

it... sniffle, sniffle................ please let me know of any other events going on in the IL areasatvicvegan <satvicvegan wrote: First Annual Veggie Fest in Naperville, IllinoisA huge celebration sharing the vegetarian way of life with thousands of people was held at the Science of Spirituality Center in Naperville, Illinois on Saturday, August 27th. Veggie Fest featured cooking classes, vegetarian samplings, presentations and food demos which were held both outdoors under festive tents and in the auditorium of the Science of Spirituality Center. A background of live music enhanced the festive atmosphere. Free samplings of

vegetarian foods were offered from different cuisines-Chinese, Thai, Mexican, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, and Indian preparations as well as raw foods, juices, and tofu demonstrations. The highlight of the event featured Sant Rajinder Singh Ji Maharaj who spoke on "Spiritual Aspects of the Vegetarian Diet." He stated that what we eat affects us physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. One of the basic tenets of every faith, Maharaj Ji explained, says "Thou shalt not kill." Nonviolence is embedded in each religion. Hence, a vegetarian lifestyle in which we abstain from meat, fish, fowl and eggs is a diet based on compassion. The spiritual Master related stories from the lives of saints from different religious traditions who took great compassion on animals. He explained that we, too, should lead our lives with the least possible destruction. FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

Photos Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

I didnt get to make it!!!! :-(

--- satvicvegan <satvicvegan wrote:

> Did anyone go?

>

> From a review of the events:

>

> " A great success, the Oakbrook Marriott hotel

> turned 100% vegetarian to accommodate the hotel’s

> guests. "

>

> With Love.

>

> satvicvegan <satvicvegan wrote:

> Naperville, Illinois: LOTS going on the last

> two weeks in December. I'm guessing (but not sure)

> that they will have a Thanksgiving dinner, too. ALL

> Science of Spirituality events are vegetarian (no

> meat, fish, fowl or eggs). Call the center! Here's

> the info:

>

> Science of Spirituality Center

> 4 S 175 Naperville Road, Naperville, IL.

> Phone: 630.955.1200; Fax: 630.955.1205

> Public web site: http://www.sos.org

> Information by email: DKhanna

> ************************************************

>

> Rain Pratt <fr33dbylove wrote:

> I am so sad I missed the Veggie Fest.. I want to

> cry.......................................why didnt

> anyone tell me about it... sniffle,

> sniffle................

> please let me know of any other events going on in

> the IL area

> satvicvegan <satvicvegan wrote: First

> Annual Veggie Fest in Naperville, Illinois

>

> A huge celebration sharing the vegetarian way of

> life with thousands of people was held at the

> Science of Spirituality Center in Naperville,

> Illinois on Saturday, August 27th. Veggie Fest

> featured cooking classes, vegetarian samplings,

> presentations and food demos which were held both

> outdoors under festive tents and in the auditorium

> of the Science of Spirituality Center. A background

> of live music enhanced the festive atmosphere. Free

> samplings of vegetarian foods were offered from

> different cuisines-Chinese, Thai, Mexican, Hispanic,

> Middle Eastern, and Indian preparations as well as

> raw foods, juices, and tofu demonstrations.

>

> The highlight of the event featured Sant Rajinder

> Singh Ji Maharaj who spoke on " Spiritual Aspects of

> the Vegetarian Diet. " He stated that what we eat

> affects us physically, mentally, emotionally, and

> spiritually. One of the basic tenets of every

> faith, Maharaj Ji explained, says " Thou shalt not

> kill. " Nonviolence is embedded in each religion.

> Hence, a vegetarian lifestyle in which we abstain

> from meat, fish, fowl and eggs is a diet based on

> compassion. The spiritual Master related stories

> from the lives of saints from different religious

> traditions who took great compassion on animals. He

> explained that we, too, should lead our lives with

> the least possible destruction.

>

>

>

>

> FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in

> one click.

>

>

Call the center in Naperville, Illinois. They have events once or twice a week. Here's the info: Science of Spirituality Center 4 S 175 Naperville Road, Naperville, IL. Phone: 630.955.1200; Fax: 630.955.1205 Public web site: http://www.sos.orgRain Pratt <fr33dbylove wrote: I didnt get to make it!!!! :-(--- satvicvegan <satvicvegan wrote:> Did anyone go?> > From a review of the events:> > "A great success, the Oakbrook Marriott hotel> turned 100% vegetarian to accommodate the hotel’s> guests. "> >

With Love.> > satvicvegan <satvicvegan wrote:> Naperville, Illinois: LOTS going on the last> two weeks in December. I'm guessing (but not sure)> that they will have a Thanksgiving dinner, too. ALL> Science of Spirituality events are vegetarian (no> meat, fish, fowl or eggs). Call the center! Here's> the info:> > Science of Spirituality Center> 4 S 175 Naperville Road, Naperville, IL. > Phone: 630.955.1200; Fax: 630.955.1205> Public web site: http://www.sos.org> Information by email: DKhanna ************************************************> > Rain Pratt <fr33dbylove wrote:> I am so sad I missed the Veggie Fest.. I want to> cry.......................................why didnt> anyone

tell me about it... sniffle,> sniffle................> please let me know of any other events going on in> the IL area> satvicvegan <satvicvegan wrote: First> Annual Veggie Fest in Naperville, Illinois> > A huge celebration sharing the vegetarian way of> life with thousands of people was held at the> Science of Spirituality Center in Naperville,> Illinois on Saturday, August 27th. Veggie Fest> featured cooking classes, vegetarian samplings,> presentations and food demos which were held both> outdoors under festive tents and in the auditorium> of the Science of Spirituality Center. A background> of live music enhanced the festive atmosphere. Free> samplings of vegetarian foods were offered from> different cuisines-Chinese, Thai, Mexican, Hispanic,> Middle Eastern, and Indian preparations as well as> raw

foods, juices, and tofu demonstrations. > > The highlight of the event featured Sant Rajinder> Singh Ji Maharaj who spoke on "Spiritual Aspects of> the Vegetarian Diet." He stated that what we eat> affects us physically, mentally, emotionally, and> spiritually. One of the basic tenets of every> faith, Maharaj Ji explained, says "Thou shalt not> kill." Nonviolence is embedded in each religion.> Hence, a vegetarian lifestyle in which we abstain> from meat, fish, fowl and eggs is a diet based on> compassion. The spiritual Master related stories> from the lives of saints from different religious> traditions who took great compassion on animals. He> explained that we, too, should lead our lives with> the least possible destruction. > > > > > FareChase - Search multiple

travel sites in> one click. > >