IndiaDivine.org

conjunctivitis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Does anyone know of an EFFECTIVE natural remedy for pink eye? I have

been using camomile and eyebright compresses with 2 capsules of

eyebright with meals. This doesn't seem to be doing the job. So now

I'm on these eye drops which have all kinds of nasty chemicals in them

(including hydrochloric acid!)Can anyone help?

Tina Davis

Certitifed Reflexologist

Hi, Tina,

Since the last time I took allopathic medicine for conjunctivitis, from which I used to suffer very often, which was last a few years ago, I've been instead using a wash made of 1 Tb pure aloe vera juice and 1 Tb hot chamomile tea. I don't recall if I took anything internally, ie. vitamin supplements, possibly zinc, but the eyewash, when gently poured into both of my eyes in the morning & evening over the bathroom sink worked wonders and my stye(s) disappeared completely within a few days. Then blink your eye a few times to be sure the wash cleans the sclera thoroughly. I've heard eyebright suggested before, but the chamomile/aloe vera worked every time for me in the past with no side effects or blurriness from antibiotic ointment that I was prescribed throughout high school whenever this problem reared its ugly & painful head. Make sure the chamomile tea is hot right off the teapot. You can also use this wash in a hot washcloth if the direct method isn't comfortable. You can also look up conjunctivitis in the book, Prescriptions for Nutritional Healing for further suggestions, including supplements that complement the wash. I hope your eyes feel better.

Namaste,

David

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country."--Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, 1908

starlightearthchild <starlightearthchild Sent: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:53:43 -0000 conjunctivitis

Does anyone know of an EFFECTIVE natural remedy for pink eye? I have been using camomile and eyebright compresses with 2 capsules of eyebright with meals. This doesn't seem to be doing the job. So now I'm on these eye drops which have all kinds of nasty chemicals in them (including hydrochloric acid!)Can anyone help?Tina DavisCertitifed Reflexologist

We have had very successful treatments with Aloe. We have used the gue

directly from slicing open a " leaf " from a aloe plant, but also in juice or

gel form-what ever we had handy at the time. Blessings, Karen

On Behalf

Of starlightearthchild

Monday, October 17, 2005 10:54 AM

conjunctivitis

Does anyone know of an EFFECTIVE natural remedy for pink eye? I have

been using camomile and eyebright compresses with 2 capsules of

eyebright with meals. This doesn't seem to be doing the job. So now

I'm on these eye drops which have all kinds of nasty chemicals in them

(including hydrochloric acid!)Can anyone help?

Tina Davis

Certitifed Reflexologist

Thanks so much for your response. Everyone has been so helpful. This is good info to have on hand for the future, especially since I have a little one!

Tina Davis

Certified ReflexologistKaren Woods <kydwoods wrote:

We have had very successful treatments with Aloe. We have used the guedirectly from slicing open a "leaf" from a aloe plant, but also in juice orgel form-what ever we had handy at the time. Blessings, Karen On BehalfOf starlightearthchildMonday, October 17, 2005 10:54 AM Subject: conjunctivitisDoes anyone know of an EFFECTIVE natural remedy for pink eye? I havebeen using camomile and eyebright compresses with 2 capsules ofeyebright with meals. This doesn't seem to be doing the job. So nowI'm on these eye drops which have all kinds of nasty chemicals in them(including hydrochloric acid!)Can anyone help?Tina DavisCertitifed

Reflexologist

Breastmilk.

Sorry couldnt resist. but I do know that taking acidopholus does help as well, internally.

Tarastarlightearthchild <starlightearthchild wrote:

Does anyone know of an EFFECTIVE natural remedy for pink eye? I have been using camomile and eyebright compresses with 2 capsules of eyebright with meals. This doesn't seem to be doing the job. So now I'm on these eye drops which have all kinds of nasty chemicals in them (including hydrochloric acid!)Can anyone help?Tina DavisCertitifed Reflexologist

Hugs from MD

Tara

proud mom of three great kids

Sara 9, Joey 7, and Skylar 5

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.