<Message: 5

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:04:26 EDT

Namaska7

Re: nuts

I have found raw brazil nuts, raw almonds, raw hazel nuts and sunflower

seeds >

Ok ... where?

Louise

Every where. Lots of Bodega's have a rack with Brazil nuts and almonds. Ukrop's in Virginia now has a rack with almond cashews and dried fruit. Save a lot in upper VA and MD have a rack with Brazil nut and dried fruit.

Lynda

With all due respect, Lynda, there's no such thing as "almond cashews." Cashews sold in stores are NEVER raw, unlike those sold online by David Wolfe, Rhio, Paul Nison, Eatraw.com and Natural Zing. You can distinguish them by soaking store-bought ones for 12 hours and observing their transition to a purple color, which shows rotting. This only happens to cooked nuts and seeds. Truly raw cashews from the aforementioned sellers will simply start to sprout during 12 hours of soaking, or at least soften without rotting (ie. Brazil nuts). Trial and error always gives away the truth. Dried fruits are also rarely raw, since they're routinely machine-dried at a minimum temperature of 135 degrees Fahrenheit. Dr. Tim Trader impressed on me last year during my Tanglewood fast that the term "sun-dried" must be on the label to be sure it's raw. Otherwise you can guarantee it was technically cooked.

Namaste,

David

The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than blacks were made for whites or women for men." --Alice Walker, Forward to "The Dreaded Comparison" by Marjorie Spiegel"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country."--Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, 1908

Namaska7To: Sent: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:44:21 EDTRe: raw nuts

Every where. Lots of Bodega's have a rack with Brazil nuts and almonds. Ukrop's in Virginia now has a rack with almond cashews and dried fruit. Save a lot in upper VA and MD have a rack with Brazil nut and dried fruit.

Lynda

david,

Comments as the first line of the post below are not team friendly - it is obvious to me, that the comma was missing between the words of almond, cashews. I beg to differ - the cashews from Country Nutrition ( a store in Maryland) are the same quality as those you recommend from on line sources- soaking 12 -24 , not purple, they don't rot. So being a little kinda and not so in your face, is really welcoming for many persons who read these post and would like to post and are knowledgeable, but won't for such a comment as that. Are you really that contentious your demeanor or is that something you utilize only for Linda, because it is not the first time. I hope not, there is enough out there already, and they are raw too!!!

Thank You.

Sincerely,

Jacki

My Inspiration Knows No Boundaries!

dapperd72

dapperd72

Sent by:

10/24/2005 04:02 PM

Please respond to

To:

cc: (bcc: Jacqueline D. Rooths/CFO/HHQ/HUD)

Subject: Re: raw nuts

With all due respect, Lynda, there's no such thing as " almond cashews. " Cashews sold in stores are NEVER raw, unlike those sold online by David Wolfe, Rhio, Paul Nison, Eatraw.com and Natural Zing. You can distinguish them by soaking store-bought ones for 12 hours and observing their transition to a purple color, which shows rotting. This only happens to cooked nuts and seeds. Truly raw cashews from the aforementioned sellers will simply start to sprout during 12 hours of soaking, or at least soften without rotting (ie. Brazil nuts). Trial and error always gives away the truth. Dried fruits are also rarely raw, since they're routinely machine-dried at a minimum temperature of 135 degrees Fahrenheit. Dr. Tim Trader impressed on me last year during my Tanglewood fast that the term " sun-dried " must be on the label to be sure it's raw. Otherwise you can guarantee it was technically cooked.

Namaste,

David

The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than blacks were made for whites or women for men. "

--Alice Walker, Forward to " The Dreaded Comparison "

by Marjorie Spiegel

" Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. "

--Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, 1908

Namaska7

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:44:21 EDT

Re: raw nuts

Lynda

Costco, even had a big bag of raw pine nuts. I was surprised, but in heaven when i found it. I made the best raw ravioli with it. I buy all my other raw nuts at MOMS or at Traders

TaraJoyloulin wrote:

<Message: 5 Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:04:26 EDT Namaska7Subject: Re: nutsI have found raw brazil nuts, raw almonds, raw hazel nuts and sunflower seeds >Ok ... where? Louise

Hugs from MD

Tara

proud mom of three great kids

Sara 9, Joey 7, and Skylar 5

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

Really?? cool. I'll check them out.

TaraNamaska7 wrote:

Costco also has raw almonds, organic greens and carrots by "Earth bound." I buy a lot of my greens there.

Lynda

Hugs from MD

Tara

proud mom of three great kids

Sara 9, Joey 7, and Skylar 5

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

Lynda, When I looked at those and even went to the customer service desk to ask about raw almonds, the woman said they were not. Only the pine nuts said raw. Is it other than the Kirkland brand, maybe I did not look in the correct area. Karen

Karen ;

I am not real familiar with Cosco's lay out for nuts but I have purchased raw almonds there. You can look at the almonds and see they're raw. I have brought raw almonds at Sam's Club but they are not organic so I now have a new source. They are sold in 3 pound bags at both stores for about $15.00 a bag .

Lynda