IndiaDivine.org

Red Onions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Does anyone know if red onions increase appetite? I always feel more

hungry after eating a dish with red onions than I was before I ate it!

Tina Davis

Certified Reflexologist

Yes, red onions are known to stimulate appetite, as do all spicy vegetables, including garlic and all members of the onion family and all spices. Generally, they're known to contain excitotoxins, which is why natural hygiene strongly advises against them across the board. They encourage us to overeat and can become carcinogenic if consumed continuously over many years. My grandfather used to tell me long ago that spices in general cause stomach cancer, but I was too young to know what he was talking about or pay attention. It was interesting to hear it from someone with a PhD in Economics who was a Professor Emeritus of Economics, especially since he didn't seem to live according to the knowledge. The demise of my other (paternal) grandfather, who I never met, since he died of stomach cancer when my father was age 7 in 1954, makes this assertion all the more intriguing. He was an immigrant from Rhoumania, much older than my paternal grandmother, and I doubt his diet was anything to celebrate. I've avoided buying any onions or garlic for the past year for the sake of gradually evolving toward a more natural-hygiene oriented approach. Since my 21-day hygienic fast a year ago, I've become far more sensitive to onions, garlic & most spices than I ever was in the past 20 years, which seems to underscore my body's desire to return to its natural regimen as Nature intended for the sake of self-preservation.

David

The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than blacks were made for whites or women for men." --Alice Walker, Forward to "The Dreaded Comparison" by Marjorie Spiegel"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country."--Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, 1908

starlightearthchild <starlightearthchild Sent: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:30:25 -0000 Red Onions

Does anyone know if red onions increase appetite? I always feel more hungry after eating a dish with red onions than I was before I ate it!Tina DavisCertified Reflexologist

Hello : Some Asian Indians/Hindus refer to onions, garlic, etc., as

" tamasic, " which means that they are considered foods which stimulate and

irritate the 3rd chakra (stomache area) and can cause the emotions to become

more excitable. Other people believe that onions and garlic can cleanse the

system. I think it's one of those things where you have to test and trust your

digestive system. I used to love all kinds of onions, I can't eat them

anymore...my stomache says it's one of the " no " foods...Blessings, Ashtarra

starlightearthchild <starlightearthchild

Oct 28, 2005 11:30 AM

Red Onions

Does anyone know if red onions increase appetite? I always feel more

hungry after eating a dish with red onions than I was before I ate it!

Tina Davis

Certified Reflexologist

Someone told me that the Vegetable Garden dosnt serve onions, something to do in how it upsets the under ground "grubs" do you know anything about that. I personally cant stand raw onions and garlic, and spicey food, so its not to shard to avoid them.

Taradapperd72 wrote:

Yes, red onions are known to stimulate appetite, as do all spicy vegetables, including garlic and all members of the onion family and all spices. Generally, they're known to contain excitotoxins, which is why natural hygiene strongly advises against them across the board. They encourage us to overeat and can become carcinogenic if consumed continuously over many years. My grandfather used to tell me long ago that spices in general cause stomach cancer, but I was too young to know what he was talking about or pay attention. It was interesting to hear it from someone with a PhD in Economics who was a Professor Emeritus of Economics, especially since he didn't seem to live according to the knowledge. The demise of my other (paternal) grandfather, who I never met, since he died of stomach cancer when my father was age 7 in 1954, makes this assertion all the more intriguing. He was an immigrant from Rhoumania, much older than my paternal grandmother, and I doubt

his diet was anything to celebrate. I've avoided buying any onions or garlic for the past year for the sake of gradually evolving toward a more natural-hygiene oriented approach. Since my 21-day hygienic fast a year ago, I've become far more sensitive to onions, garlic & most spices than I ever was in the past 20 years, which seems to underscore my body's desire to return to its natural regimen as Nature intended for the sake of self-preservation.

David

The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than blacks were made for whites or women for men." --Alice Walker, Forward to "The Dreaded Comparison" by Marjorie Spiegel"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country."--Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, 1908

starlightearthchild <starlightearthchild Sent: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:30:25 -0000 Red Onions

Does anyone know if red onions increase appetite? I always feel more hungry after eating a dish with red onions than I was before I ate it!Tina DavisCertified Reflexologist