IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: [A-VEGAN-PLACE] An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2005

Rate this topic

Guest guest

fidyl <fidyl wrote: A-VEGAN-PLACE From: "fidyl" <fidylTue, 15 Nov 2005 08:41:55 -0000[A-VEGAN-PLACE] An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2005An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2005NamasteOh, no! Here it comes again! Those dreaded holidays where Veganswaffle between:A) Going to a family get-together and literally suffer through hoursof staring at dead carcasses, watching as others gulp down – notchewing – these abused souls,B) Going to a family get-together and endure all those not so casualcomments about anti-Veganism,C) Not going to these gatherings and trying to arrange a dinner forlike-minded folks,D) Not going to these gatherings and staying by themselves with theirTofurkeys,E) Not going

to these gatherings and wondering if we hurt thefeelings of unconcerned/uncaring humans,F) Not going to the dinners, but arriving afterwards for "dessert"G) Any other actions you wish to fill-in.H) Not going to these gatherings and fasting.That's right! I said FASTING.I will be fasting this ThanXgiving again - this has been a traditionsince 1998.I hope some list members will be joining me on this day of torture,death, greed, selfishness and debauchery by doing the same.My fast is in HONOR/REMEMBERENCE/REVERENCE of the MILLIONS of animalsthat are tortured and abused, then slaughtered just for this one (1)day alone in the U.S.I am not discussing one (1) day fasts. My fasts run from Wednesdayuntil Sunday.Fasting achieves numerous benefits. It is a wonderful way to cleanout the body as far as health is concerned.Spiritually, it also cleanses the soul. Originally, fasting was used to

'get closer to the higher being.' It was also used to rid sick bodies of diseases. This was copied fromwatching animals when they are ill. They either eat greens or nothingat all.Modern times has shown fasting to be a form of protest. Gandhi also used fasting to bring his point across.My fasting tradition has came about when I could no longer go tofamily gatherings for this 'holiday' and sit around a table infestedwith dead carcass and by-products.Even the 'religious' holidays were laughable as we traipsed to ourbuilding of worship only to march back to a home full of death,abuse and chemical irresponsibility.Previous years has folks pointing out that this is a time for familyand friends getting-together to show their love and thankfulness.But, who needs a "Hallmark" holiday for this occasion?We can get together the other 364 days of the year without the excuseof a 'holiday.'I have had numerous

opportunities to join like-minded folks for aholiday feast, but prefer to not look upon this holiday as a festiveoccasion. Why? Because it also represents false facts throughoutAmerican history. Native Americans were thwarted into slavery andnear-annihilitation by the 'white man' in the name of 'god.' Recentfindings are coming out that there was no turkey - or even any kindof 'meat' - at the dinner; only fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains.Then, back to modern times, it always bothered me that after thesedinners, the male attendees would gather together in front of atelevision set to watch the bloodsport known as 'football,' leavingthe women (slaves again to the 'white man') to clean up and watchafter the children.You are invited and welcome to join my discussion list:SoFlaVegans/Starting this weekend there will appear articles,

information andguides about the history and hypocrisy of ThanXgiving, as well as howto cope with the upcoming holidays.Additionally, you will find ways to fast safely and wisely.For those who wish to "celebrate" and not fast, you will findliterally hundreds of recipes and tips, as well!As we ready ourselves for Fur-Free Friday, I wish everyone who iswilling to "take the plunge" the best of luck in a successful andquick fast, and may all of our efforts pay off!= = = = = = = = = = Here are my other discussion lists that also contain tons ofinformation in each of their categories – DAILY!!!Please research the message archives for information you are seekingand what you have missed:Everything Yoga!Yoga-With-Nancy/American Sign Language and Deaf CultureSignSoFla/Alternative Schooling Within The School SystemSoFlaSchools/Om ShantiFidylLive Simply So ThatOthers May Simply LiveYoga-With-Nancy/SignSoFla/SoFlaVegans/SoFlaSchools/

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

Great idea! I have been looking into raw foods recently, but even before that I have been a vegan for over twenty-five years and this really makes sense to me. I have already signed up for the VSDC dinner next week (it is very expensive!) but I plan to fast next year. Thank you for being able to see clearly thru this confusion. James

I will be at home with my son having raw foods while the rest of the family wonders why we didn't show up! Tina Davis Certified Reflexologistsatvicvegan <satvicvegan wrote: fidyl <fidyl wrote: A-VEGAN-PLACE From: "fidyl" <fidylTue, 15 Nov 2005 08:41:55 -0000[A-VEGAN-PLACE] An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2005An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2005NamasteOh, no! Here it comes again! Those dreaded holidays where Veganswaffle between:A) Going to a family get-together and literally suffer through hoursof staring at dead

carcasses, watching as others gulp down – notchewing – these abused souls,B) Going to a family get-together and endure all those not so casualcomments about anti-Veganism,C) Not going to these gatherings and trying to arrange a dinner forlike-minded folks,D) Not going to these gatherings and staying by themselves with theirTofurkeys,E) Not going to these gatherings and wondering if we hurt thefeelings of unconcerned/uncaring humans,F) Not going to the dinners, but arriving afterwards for "dessert"G) Any other actions you wish to fill-in.H) Not going to these gatherings and fasting.That's right! I said FASTING.I will be fasting this ThanXgiving again - this has been a traditionsince 1998.I hope some list members will be joining me on this day of torture,death, greed, selfishness and debauchery by doing the same.My fast is in HONOR/REMEMBERENCE/REVERENCE of the MILLIONS of animalsthat are

tortured and abused, then slaughtered just for this one (1)day alone in the U.S.I am not discussing one (1) day fasts. My fasts run from Wednesdayuntil Sunday.Fasting achieves numerous benefits. It is a wonderful way to cleanout the body as far as health is concerned.Spiritually, it also cleanses the soul. Originally, fasting was used to 'get closer to the higher being.' It was also used to rid sick bodies of diseases. This was copied fromwatching animals when they are ill. They either eat greens or nothingat all.Modern times has shown fasting to be a form of protest. Gandhi also used fasting to bring his point across.My fasting tradition has came about when I could no longer go tofamily gatherings for this 'holiday' and sit around a table infestedwith dead carcass and by-products.Even the 'religious' holidays were laughable as we traipsed to ourbuilding of worship only to march back to a

home full of death,abuse and chemical irresponsibility.Previous years has folks pointing out that this is a time for familyand friends getting-together to show their love and thankfulness.But, who needs a "Hallmark" holiday for this occasion?We can get together the other 364 days of the year without the excuseof a 'holiday.'I have had numerous opportunities to join like-minded folks for aholiday feast, but prefer to not look upon this holiday as a festiveoccasion. Why? Because it also represents false facts throughoutAmerican history. Native Americans were thwarted into slavery andnear-annihilitation by the 'white man' in the name of 'god.' Recentfindings are coming out that there was no turkey - or even any kindof 'meat' - at the dinner; only fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains.Then, back to modern times, it always bothered me that after thesedinners, the male attendees would gather together in front of

atelevision set to watch the bloodsport known as 'football,' leavingthe women (slaves again to the 'white man') to clean up and watchafter the children.You are invited and welcome to join my discussion list:SoFlaVegans/Starting this weekend there will appear articles, information andguides about the history and hypocrisy of ThanXgiving, as well as howto cope with the upcoming holidays.Additionally, you will find ways to fast safely and wisely.For those who wish to "celebrate" and not fast, you will findliterally hundreds of recipes and tips, as well!As we ready ourselves for Fur-Free Friday, I wish everyone who iswilling to "take the plunge" the best of luck in a successful andquick fast, and may all of our efforts pay off!= = = = = = = = = = Here are my other discussion lists that also contain tons

ofinformation in each of their categories – DAILY!!!Please research the message archives for information you are seekingand what you have missed:Everything Yoga!Yoga-With-Nancy/American Sign Language and Deaf CultureSignSoFla/Alternative Schooling Within The School SystemSoFlaSchools/Om ShantiFidylLive Simply So ThatOthers May Simply LiveYoga-With-Nancy/SignSoFla/SoFlaVegans/SoFlaSchools/ FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

More power to you & your son, Tina, but if you plan to have an exclusively raw Thanksgiving feast apart from your family, why not bring your son to the Natural Zing potluck party next Thursday afternoon? I know there'll be many children there, probably in your son's age group and, having attended several other NZ potlucks, including their Thanksgiving party last year in Ellicott City, the food and atmosphere will indubitably be second to none. I hope to see you & many other Raw Soul'ers there next week.

Peace,

David

The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than blacks were made for whites or women for men." --Alice Walker, Forward to "The Dreaded Comparison" by Marjorie Spiegel"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country."--Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, 1908

tina davis <starlightearthchild Sent: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 07:10:33 -0800 (PST)Re: Fwd: [A-VEGAN-PLACE] An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2005

I will be at home with my son having raw foods while the rest of the family wonders why we didn't show up!

Tina Davis

Certified Reflexologist

Try the New Netscape Mail Today!

Virtually Spam-Free | More Storage | Import Your Contact Listhttp://mail.netscape.com

I DIDN'T WRITE IT. I FORWARDED IT. H.James Alexander <halex8420874 wrote: Great idea! I have been looking into raw foods recently, but even before that I have been a vegan for over twenty-five years and this really makes sense to me. I have already signed up for the VSDC dinner next week (it is very expensive!) but I plan to fast next year. Thank you for being able to see clearly thru this confusion. James