IndiaDivine.org

goats milk

Rate this topic

Guest guest

As Live Fooder's baby does not need animal milk . Vegan is what we should look for first . There is almond milk , sesame milk , coconut milk ,brazil nut milk , Also The Lec'he foundation might be able to connect you to another Mother with enough milk to share . They are called wet nurses . Woman that are breast feeding with lots of milk .

One Love

Lynda

I'll shut up after this, but - breast milk is not VEGAN - Hello... WE are animals :-)

www.healthylivingstrategies.net

On Behalf Of Namaska7Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 12:59 PM Subject: Re: goats milk

As Live Fooder's baby does not need animal milk . Vegan is what we should look for first . There is almond milk , sesame milk , coconut milk ,brazil nut milk , Also The Lec'he foundation might be able to connect you to another Mother with enough milk to share . They are called wet nurses . Woman that are breast feeding with lots of milk .

One Love

Lynda

the nut and seed milks will provide much needed nutrition, but will still

fall too short to compensate for mothers milk...if a wetm mother is not

available..sometimes the raw goats milk may be an alternative until past the

2nd year... Keep in mind we are not always in a position of the ideal, and

some temporary substitutes may have to do....Many of us have been non vegan

and non raw for most of ourlife and our body still has the capacity to

reverse damage from our earlier damge......Remember seeing documentaries of

animals raising and feeding other animals out of their species when the

mother was lost or killed......

" water is very flexible and does not need to comform to any set way, yet is

very powerful "

>Namaska7

>

>

>Re: goats milk

>Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:59:16 EST

>

>As Live Fooder's baby does not need animal milk . Vegan is what we

>should

>look for first . There is almond milk , sesame milk , coconut milk ,brazil

>nut milk , Also The Lec'he foundation might be able to connect you to

>another

>Mother with enough milk to share . They are called wet nurses . Woman that

>are breast feeding with lots of milk .

>

>One Love

>Lynda

THANKS MARK :-) !!

Nancy

www.healthylivingstrategies.net

On Behalf Of Mark BlakeFriday, November 25, 2005 12:54 PM Subject: Re: goats milkthe nut and seed milks will provide much needed nutrition, but will still fall too short to compensate for mothers milk...if a wetm mother is not available..sometimes the raw goats milk may be an alternative until past the 2nd year... Keep in mind we are not always in a position of the ideal, and some temporary substitutes may have to do....Many of us have been non vegan and non raw for most of ourlife and our body still has the capacity to reverse damage from our earlier damge......Remember seeing documentaries of animals raising and feeding other animals out of their species when the mother was lost or killed......"water is very flexible and does not need to comform to any set way, yet is very powerful">Namaska7 > >Re: goats milk>Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:59:16 EST>>As Live Fooder's baby does not need animal milk . Vegan is what we >should>look for first . There is almond milk , sesame milk , coconut milk ,brazil>nut milk , Also The Lec'he foundation might be able to connect you to >another>Mother with enough milk to share . They are called wet nurses . Woman that>are breast feeding with lots of milk .>>One Love>Lynda

This is an excerpt from the Raw Soul Home Page:

" The only requirement is that members are serious vegetarians, vegans

or curious raw vegans who desire to become 100% Raw (Live Food

Consumers) Fooders who reside in the Washington Metropolitan Area

(DC, MD and VA). "

Perhaps an iron-deficient Hindu may take offense at the

recommendation to eat more beef. . .Surely there are other iron

sources of food out there. . .To those who are OR who are on the

quest to be OR who respect those who are on the quest to be 100% Raw

Vegans, the suggestion of goat's milk to nourish a baby may be seen

as a step off the course. While fresh Mother's milk is the best food

for baby, surely there are other food sources outside of goat's milk

that may be second best.

Also, discussions as to whether Mother's milk is vegan are esoteric

and do not get to the spirit of Raw Foodism. . .which is -- in my

opinion -- to ingest that which is optimal for the human body. None

on this site would argue that Mother's milk is optimal for a baby, so

such a discussion as to whether Mother's milk is vegan is not

worthwhile to Raw Foodists or wannabe Raw Foodists.

With all that said, I know that you were just trying to be helpful to

a mom in distress. . .I think Zatiti's recommendation of making such

a suggestion offline would demonstrate more consideration of the 100%

Vegan Raw Food lifestyle. Surely, you must understand that Raw

Goat's milk has no place in a 100% Vegan Raw Food diet.

Blessings,

I am vegan and mostly all live (90%). I have little "vices" that I intend to dispose of now that I am nearing the end of the burden of being a grad student while also a full time teacher and mom.More power to those of us that can keep up with the intense lifestyles we create for ourselves. Now that I'm nearing the end of my masters degree studies, I intend and pray for simplicity, purity and unity of heart, mind, body, spirit. All the way live, is the way of the heart.

I am impressed with moms who keep their babies healthy and happy on live foods, ie lots of nut and seed milks, fruits etc.

But as the only live eater in my family, I understand the pressures of feeding children (I have two teenagers who are SAD eaters).

My thanks to this family for your courage and strength as we continue forward on this path of lite and purity. You are my support.

Guidance to us in love

pam

Great comments and so true! Dominique <jetsetteratl1996 wrote: This is an excerpt from the Raw Soul Home Page:"The only requirement is that members are serious vegetarians, vegans or curious raw vegans who desire to become 100% Raw (Live Food Consumers) Fooders who reside in the Washington Metropolitan Area (DC, MD and VA)."Perhaps an iron-deficient Hindu may take offense at the recommendation to eat more beef. . .Surely there are other iron sources of food out there. . .To those who are OR who are on the quest to be OR who respect those who are on the quest to be 100% Raw Vegans, the suggestion of goat's milk to nourish a baby may be seen as a step off the course. While fresh Mother's milk is the best food for baby, surely there

are other food sources outside of goat's milk that may be second best.Also, discussions as to whether Mother's milk is vegan are esoteric and do not get to the spirit of Raw Foodism. . .which is -- in my opinion -- to ingest that which is optimal for the human body. None on this site would argue that Mother's milk is optimal for a baby, so such a discussion as to whether Mother's milk is vegan is not worthwhile to Raw Foodists or wannabe Raw Foodists.With all that said, I know that you were just trying to be helpful to a mom in distress. . .I think Zatiti's recommendation of making such a suggestion offline would demonstrate more consideration of the 100% Vegan Raw Food lifestyle. Surely, you must understand that Raw Goat's milk has no place in a 100% Vegan Raw Food diet.

Don't live to eat, Eat to LIVE. Stay meat-free!

Traci Thomas

Executive Producer

Specializing in Wholistic Symposiums, Retreats and Sea Summits........................................................................ Please do not add my name to your distribution list for prayers, jokes, thoughts for the day, etc. Thanks!

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

With all due respect to anyone who may condone or advocate consumption of milk consumption from another species, besides the fact that this is intended to be a raw vegan listserve, as Dominique eloquently asserted, common sense regarding the biology of mammals dictates that the milk of one species has no place in the body of another species. Goat's milk is intended for infant goats (a.k.a. kids), just as cow's milk is intended for calves and human milk is intended for human infants. The notion of relying on a wet nurse also defies biological imperatives since a human infant relies on her/his natural mother to contribute the genetic immunity that is unique to her/his familial heritage. Wet nurses were especially popular throughout the era of human slavery, particularly on plantations, in which female blacks were required by their female white slavemasters to breastfeed their white children as part of their duties. Such children often developed severe immune dysfunctions by deprivation of their natural mothers' immunity that can only be obtained by consumption of their own mothers' milk. Although a fictitious depiction, this is well described in Toni Morrison's novel, "Beloved" which also uniquely links the slavery of black women in this context to that of female bovines. Even those of us who may be flexible in our pursuit of raw food as a lifestyle must at least accept the vegan principle of abstinence from consumption of bodily fluids from other species as a matter of sheer scientific necessity.

Namaste,

David

The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than blacks were made for whites or women for men." --Alice Walker, Forward to "The Dreaded Comparison" by Marjorie Spiegel"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country."--Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, 1908 Dominique <jetsetteratl1996 Sent: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:33:44 -0000 Re: goats milk

This is an excerpt from the Raw Soul Home Page:"The only requirement is that members are serious vegetarians, vegans or curious raw vegans who desire to become 100% Raw (Live Food Consumers) Fooders who reside in the Washington Metropolitan Area (DC, MD and VA

Greetings Family

Mark you are always an inspiration on this path. Acceptance without judgement leads to understanding, understanding to love, love to enlightenment.

Shine on guys!

pam

blessings and abundance to you Pam

Mark

>atzzill

>

>

>Re: Re: goats milk

>Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:10:51 EST

>

>Blessings,

>I am vegan and mostly all live (90%). I have little " vices " that I intend

>to

>dispose of now that I am nearing the end of the burden of being a grad

>student while also a full time teacher and mom.More power to those of us

>that can

>keep up with the intense lifestyles we create for ourselves. Now that I'm

>nearing the end of my masters degree studies, I intend and pray for

>simplicity,

>purity and unity of heart, mind, body, spirit. All the way live, is the

>way

>of the heart.

>I am impressed with moms who keep their babies healthy and happy on live

>foods, ie lots of nut and seed milks, fruits etc.

>But as the only live eater in my family, I understand the pressures of

>feeding children (I have two teenagers who are SAD eaters).

>My thanks to this family for your courage and strength as we continue

>forward on this path of lite and purity. You are my support.

>Guidance to us in love

>

>pam

>