IndiaDivine.org

I'm also struggling.. Has anyone else had a really upset stomach ever since sta

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ever since starting the raw diet last week, I've had a really upset

stomach. I'm definitely washing all my fruits and vegetables, and not

adding anything to them..

Maybe it's just a cooincidence, but I feel sick as anything..

I've been eating plenty- a lot of fresh oj, unsalted walnuts, pecans,

cashews, fresh spinach, tomatoes, avacados, mushrooms, etc. I just

feel sick all the time..

I weighed 5 pounds less after day 1..

First you may just be doing some cleansing - in which case be patient with yourself and rest.

It sounds like you may also have some digestive issues and may want to be careful with your food combining.

Eat nuts with acid things like tomatoes and citrus. Eat your sweet fruits alone. Eat slowly and chew a LONG time :-)

See if some of those things don't help.

If not, you may want to try some plant based digestive enzymes to help your body adjust to digesting so much raw.

Nancy

www.healthylivingstrategies.net

On Behalf Of anny54321Monday, December 05, 2005 3:27 PM Subject: I'm also struggling.. Has anyone else had a really upset stomach ever since staEver since starting the raw diet last week, I've had a really upsetstomach. I'm definitely washing all my fruits and vegetables, and notadding anything to them.. Maybe it's just a cooincidence, but I feel sick as anything..I've been eating plenty- a lot of fresh oj, unsalted walnuts, pecans,cashews, fresh spinach, tomatoes, avacados, mushrooms, etc. I justfeel sick all the time..I weighed 5 pounds less after day 1..

Are you nauseous, or is your stomach crampy? Eliseanny54321 <anny54321 wrote: Ever since starting the raw diet last week, I've had a really upset stomach. I'm definitely washing all my fruits and vegetables, and not adding anything to them.. Maybe it's just a cooincidence, but I feel sick as anything.. I've been eating plenty- a lot of fresh oj, unsalted walnuts, pecans, cashews, fresh spinach, tomatoes, avacados, mushrooms, etc. I just feel sick all the time.. I weighed 5 pounds less after day 1..

Shopping Find Great Deals on Gifts at Shopping

This sounds like you are having cleansing reactions. Additionally, you could also not have enough Hydrochloric Acid (HCL) production (depletion of organic minerals) or not enough enzymes to digest the live food. Symptoms of detoxification may include mild headaches, nausea, fatigue, pimple outbreaks, diarrhea, etc. These symptoms may last a few weeks, or even months. Each time you ingest a processed junk food or cooked food, you may end up feeling better, because these foods stop the body from detoxing. A lot of people stop eating a diet of live foods becuase of this. They think live foods are making them sick, because they feel better when they eat cooked. I always recommend people start an intestinal cleanse the same time they start on a diet of live foods. It helps with the cleansing reactions immensely and assists your body in

detoxifying. Oranges help the body to detoxify very quickly, so you may want to lay off that a little. Your choice, of course! Perhaps you could replace it with a vegetable juice. Nice combos for me are: Carrot and Ginger; Celery, Apple, Ginger, Lemon; Celery, Kale, Apple; Apple, Cucumber, and basil or mint Are you having plenty of bowel movements, at least one for every meal you eat? I see you are eating a lot of nuts. Are you soaking them first to release the enzymes that are non digestible to us humans? Do you have a blender or food processor? You can make pate's out of nuts. I always find that pate's digest easier - perhaps since the machine has done so much of the breaking down for us. They are REALLY yummy, too!! Lastly, get as much of the good stuff into your body as possible. Most people are

largely depleted of organic minerals. Good sources are: ~ Perfect Food from the Garden of Life - www.gardenoflife.com. (Though you can probably find a cheaper product from a retailer other than them...do a search on google) ~ Fresh Vegetable Juices (especially those of Celery, Carrot, Cucumber - they are very high in organic sodium. The body's organic mineral of choice to produce HCL. ~ Choose one of these products: "Alkalizer", "Electrolife", "Dehydrated Minerals", "Liquid Minerals" from Arise and Shine. Follow this link and click on Daily Nutrition on the left hand navigation. http://www.ariseandshine.com/index.html?aff=75 ~ Mineral Broth - Here is a recipe that is good for a two day supply. 3 - 4 Pototaes, chopped 3 - 4

Celery, chopped Large handful of greens (Add other veggies to make a tasteful broth - carrots, onion, garlic, cayenne, herbs - be creative) Place in 3 Quarts of distilled water. Simmer for 20 minutes, strain the liquid and drink. To Your Health!! Paula anny54321 <anny54321 wrote: Ever since starting the raw diet last week, I've had a really upsetstomach. I'm definitely washing all my fruits and vegetables, and notadding anything to them.. Maybe it's just a cooincidence, but I feel sick as anything..I've been eating plenty- a lot of fresh oj, unsalted walnuts, pecans,cashews, fresh spinach, tomatoes, avacados, mushrooms, etc. I justfeel sick all the time..I weighed 5 pounds less

after day 1.. When it is dark enough you can see the stars

DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less

• 2 weeks later...

Stop drinking so much juice with acid and high sugar content. this will solve your problem. Consume juice slowly with only small amounts of citrus or sugar fruits including carrot and beet. peace Michael Paula Wood <wolfmother1 wrote: This sounds like you are having cleansing reactions. Additionally, you could also not have enough Hydrochloric Acid (HCL) production (depletion of organic minerals) or not enough enzymes to digest the live food. Symptoms of detoxification may include mild headaches, nausea, fatigue, pimple outbreaks, diarrhea, etc. These symptoms may last a few weeks, or even months. Each time you ingest a processed junk food or cooked food, you may end up feeling better, because these foods stop

the body from detoxing. A lot of people stop eating a diet of live foods becuase of this. They think live foods are making them sick, because they feel better when they eat cooked. I always recommend people start an intestinal cleanse the same time they start on a diet of live foods. It helps with the cleansing reactions immensely and assists your body in detoxifying. Oranges help the body to detoxify very quickly, so you may want to lay off that a little. Your choice, of course! Perhaps you could replace it with a vegetable juice. Nice combos for me are: Carrot and Ginger; Celery, Apple, Ginger, Lemon; Celery, Kale, Apple; Apple, Cucumber, and basil or mint Are you having plenty of bowel movements, at least one for every meal you eat? I see you are eating a lot of nuts. Are you soaking

them first to release the enzymes that are non digestible to us humans? Do you have a blender or food processor? You can make pate's out of nuts. I always find that pate's digest easier - perhaps since the machine has done so much of the breaking down for us. They are REALLY yummy, too!! Lastly, get as much of the good stuff into your body as possible. Most people are largely depleted of organic minerals. Good sources are: ~ Perfect Food from the Garden of Life - www.gardenoflife.com. (Though you can probably find a cheaper product from a retailer other than them...do a search on google) ~ Fresh Vegetable Juices (especially those of Celery, Carrot, Cucumber - they are very high in organic sodium. The body's organic mineral of choice to produce HCL. ~ Choose one of these products: "Alkalizer",

"Electrolife", "Dehydrated Minerals", "Liquid Minerals" from Arise and Shine. Follow this link and click on Daily Nutrition on the left hand navigation. http://www.ariseandshine.com/index.html?aff=75 ~ Mineral Broth - Here is a recipe that is good for a two day supply. 3 - 4 Pototaes, chopped 3 - 4 Celery, chopped Large handful of greens (Add other veggies to make a tasteful broth - carrots, onion, garlic, cayenne, herbs - be creative) Place in 3 Quarts of distilled water. Simmer for 20 minutes, strain the liquid and drink. To Your Health!! Paula anny54321 <anny54321 wrote: Ever since starting the raw diet last week, I've had a really upsetstomach. I'm definitely washing all my fruits and vegetables, and notadding anything to them.. Maybe it's just a cooincidence, but I feel sick as anything..I've been eating plenty- a lot of fresh oj, unsalted walnuts, pecans,cashews, fresh spinach, tomatoes, avacados, mushrooms, etc. I justfeel sick all the time..I weighed 5 pounds less after day 1.. When it is dark enough you can see the stars DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less Tired of spam? Mail has

the best spam protection around