IndiaDivine.org

adhd / Eggs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks, Lynda. Eggs are clearly not "dairy," but are certainly no better for the hens from whose uteruses they came when eaten by humans than the humans consuming these unborn avian embryos themselves. Even when from so-called "free-range" farms, the hens ultimately are slaughtered just as in a factory farm when their reproductive cycles are completely exhausted. Pardon my simple frankness, but there really is no more ethical justification for so-called "free-range" eggs or avian flesh consumption than there is for the factory-farm variety of Tyson, Perdue & their criminal accomplices. Eggs are very nutritious for chickens themselves, who sometimes eat them naturally, but not for homo sapiens who are naturally frugivores.

Namaste,

David

The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than blacks were made for whites or women for men." --Alice Walker, Forward to "The Dreaded Comparison" by Marjorie Spiegel"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country."--Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, 1908

Namaska7To: Sent: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 21:26:06 ESTRe: adhd / Eggs

Did you know that eggs are from the menstruation cycle of the chicken . They are really not a good thing to eat .

Lynda

I don't eat eggs and never have, but could you provide a source to substantiate your claims about eggs?

Regards

On 1/3/06, dapperd72 <dapperd72 wrote:

Thanks, Lynda. Eggs are clearly not " dairy, " but are certainly no better for the hens from whose uteruses they came when eaten by humans than the humans consuming these unborn avian embryos themselves. Even when from so-called " free-range " farms, the hens ultimately are slaughtered just as in a factory farm when their reproductive cycles are completely exhausted. Pardon my simple frankness, but there really is no more ethical justification for so-called " free-range " eggs or avian flesh consumption than there is for the factory-farm variety of Tyson, Perdue & their criminal accomplices. Eggs are very nutritious for chickens themselves, who sometimes eat them naturally, but not for homo sapiens who are naturally frugivores.

Namaste,

David

Hello, Sonia,

One of the best sources for ethical information about eggs is www.veganoutreach.org as well as www.vegan.org. For more scientifically based information, click onto www.pcrm.org. If you speak to Karen Davis, founder & President of United Poultry Concerns, who has overseen her own poultry sanctuary (formerly in Germantown, MD, but now in Machipongo, VA) for many years where many of her rescued chickens and turkeys live peacefully, she will happily report to you that it is perfectly natural for hens to eat their own eggs periodically. This doesn't mean that it makes sense for humans to eat these avian ova but every species has different nutritional requirements. You can research UPC by clicking onto www.upc-online.org. Compassion Over Killing, based in Washington, DC, will also provide a wealth of information regarding the ethical and nutritional issues surrounding eggs and their vegan counterparts. Click onto www.cok.net for details & contact Paul Shapiro, the group's founder, for a personal account.

Namaste,

David

PS- I suppose I envy you for never having eaten eggs. I reckon you were raised in a more ethical environment than I was without having speciesist principles embedded into your consciousness.

The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than blacks were made for whites or women for men." --Alice Walker, Forward to "The Dreaded Comparison" by Marjorie Spiegel"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country."--Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, 1908

Sonia Fullenwilder <fullenwilder05 Sent: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 08:54:07 -0500Re: adhd / Eggs

I don't eat eggs and never have, but could you provide a source to substantiate your claims about eggs?

Regards

Try the New Netscape Mail Today!

Virtually Spam-Free | More Storage | Import Your Contact Listhttp://mail.netscape.com

Here's a group of doctors who are not paid by the dairy counsel

who freely post their research about dairy, and their

conclusions are that eggs and dairy are pretty bad your health,

even if you aren't concerned for the effect of factory farming

on the animals.

http://www.pcrm.org/health/clinres/menstrual.html

--- Sonia Fullenwilder <fullenwilder05 wrote:

> I don't eat eggs and never have, but could you provide a

> source to

> substantiate your claims about eggs?

>

> Regards