IndiaDivine.org

B12 & sprouted grains

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Stephen Walsh, a British vegan nutritionist who sits on the board of the British Vegan Society, has recently written an incisive book, entitled "Plant-Based Nutrition and Health," that covers the B-12 issue for vegans in depth, including raw foodists. I haven't yet had a chance to read it, but I bought it at the European Vegetarian Congress last October. Supplements are generally, but not always, a matter of sheer hype, most of which (if not all from a natural hygienic standpoint) are or should be completely unnecessary. There's a bloody good reason why they're so profitable. I use them very rarely, only when I absolutely deem them necessary for medicinal reasons, but a bona fide natural hygienist would declare that they're never necessary if your diet is simple, natural and entirely plant-based according to nature's laws.

Grains still maintain their chemically addictive property found in their opioids, regardless of whether cooked or raw, including sprouted grains, although sprouting them instead of cooking them should logically be the far lesser of 2 evils, knowing that cooking anything destroys the lifeforce of anything exposed to such excessive heat. Opioids are the chemicals that make narcotics (ie. heroin, opium, codeine) so addictive, which is why grains are invariably so addictive for anyone whose body is not naturally designed to digest them. I can't imagine birds ever having this addictive problem, since they're mostly granivores by their nature, apart from their carnivorous cousins (ie. vultures, hawks, eagles). Addiction, along with what we sometimes interpret as allergies, are simply nature's way of telling us we're not supposed to be consuming whatever causes that immune response. Be it alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, or anything else that alters our metabolism outside homeostasis, and any substance to which we may believe ourselves allergic, nature does this to us just to wake us up. Most humans rarely get the message or obey it, but those of us who do are all the better for it, notwithstanding the benefits to public health and our medical budgets.

Peace,

David

The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than blacks were made for whites or women for men." --Alice Walker, Forward to "The Dreaded Comparison" by Marjorie Spiegel"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country."--Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, 1908

belityisrael <belityisrael Sent: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:07:41 -0000 B12 , the cessation of menstruation, sprouted grains

greetings checking to see if anyone had any reliable information on the actual B12 requirements of raw foodists, do we really need artificial supplements or is that just part of the hype and does anyone have any insight on cessation of menstruation on a high raw food diet, also with having read grain damage, are the same types of problems experienced eating sprouted grains as with cooked grainsthanxbelit

The only supplement that I do not believe is hype is B12 drops

that absorb under the tongue. I've been vegan for years now and

only just started taking B12.

According to Mark Rifkin, the area's only vegan dietian, a

tremendous amount of research indicates that *everyone* is

deficient in B12, regardless of diet, because it is so hard to

absorb.

My personal experience is that I had the best energy and sleep

I've had in a long time after my initial dose of sub-lingual

B12.