IndiaDivine.org

Hello All!/oatgroats/oatmeal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Nancy, How long do you soak the oat groats? Your oatmeal recipe sounds great and just what I need to recharge and refill.

Thanks for your input.

Blessings

Pam

pnparlette

Mon, 4 Sep 2006 9:43 AM

RE: Hello All!

Drink lots of water and expect to sleep more than usual as you clean out.

You can eat LOTS more raw than cooked. So make sure you are getting enough calories or you will be tired and have lots of cravings. Drink lots of smoothies and juices. I found soaked oat grouts blended to make a raw oatmeal (water, dates & cinnamon, then add raisins) was a great raw transition food - really filled me up. Eat fruit all through out the day and have BIG full meal salads at lunch and dinner.

Nancy

Nancy Parlette

HEALTHY LIVING STRATEGIES

Natural Health Counselor

Nutrition Educator

ENERGIZING YOU FOR LIVING!

(410) 531-2410

http://www.healthylivingstrategies.net/

On Behalf Of lydyybuggin76

Monday, September 04, 2006 8:31 AM

Hello All!

Greetings,

I tend to be more of a lurker, but now I find my self needing a

'boost' and some advice. I tried to ambark on this journey earlier

this year and failed miserably. Now, I have recomitted myself and set

reasonable goals which will enable me to succeed. I do have a couple

of questions, though...

What does your typical day look like in terms of what you consume?

Was your detox/transition rough? If so, would you have done anything

differently?

Any suggestions for resources in the MD/DC/VA area? I am finding it to

be quite limited. (Maybe I am looking in all the wrong places)

I appreciate your time and any suggestions.

Thanks kindly,

Lydia

Check out AOL.com today. Breaking news, video search, pictures, email and IM. All on demand. Always Free.

Here you go Pam,

OAT GROAT CEREAL

The night before, put 1/3 to ½ cup steel cut oats in container and pour water over to cover the oats by about an inch. (If you don't want to wait that long just a couple of hours will do. You can still make it without any soaking, but you have to blend it longer and it's not quite as good.)

In the morning. pour any remaining water into a measuring cup and add water (warm if desired) to make ½ to 2/3 cup water (depending on how thick you like it). Put oats and water into the blender. Add 3 pitted dates. Blend on high for several minutes (the longer, the warmer it gets). Pour into a bowl and add raisins or other fresh fruit.

Variation:

add in ½ a peeled and sliced sweet apple and a dash of cinnamon with the rest and blend.

add 1 or 2 Tbsp of raw cashews with 1/3 cup of oats to soak. When make cereal add dash of vanilla powder or vanilla extract and dash of cinnamon for French toast like flavor.

Nancy Parlette HEALTHY LIVING STRATEGIES Natural Health Counselor Nutrition Educator ENERGIZING YOU FOR LIVING!

(410) 531-2410 http://www.healthylivingstrategies.net/

On Behalf Of atzzillSent: Monday, September 04, 2006 11:20 AM Subject: Re: Hello All!/oatgroats/oatmeal

Hi Nancy, How long do you soak the oat groats? Your oatmeal recipe sounds great and just what I need to recharge and refill.

Thanks for your input.

Blessings

Pam

Oat Groats , and Steel Cut Oats are two different products.

Oat Groats must be soaked for three days. Oat Groats are alive and are small seed like groats .

Steel Cut Oats have been processed. Not like Oat flakes but still processed. That's why they soften quicker.

Nancy , your recipe sounds Great !

Lynda Carter C.N.C.

www.aliveandraw.com

Lynda,

I've never soaked my oatgroats that long, but I'm sure they are even better for you that way. I've found overnight is enough to hydrate them to be blendable and usable to the body. My recipe is based on the one in Victoria Boutenko's 12 Steps to Raw Foods book, so I can't take credit :-).

Hey, I finally got some Agave nectar recently. My 13 year old LOVES it :-). I'm still not sure exactly how they process it - do they some how squeeze out the liquid from the plant or juice it?? I like that it's raw, but I guess, like olive oil, it still is processed, so I'll try to use it sparingly.

Nancy

Nancy Parlette HEALTHY LIVING STRATEGIES Natural Health Counselor Nutrition Educator ENERGIZING YOU FOR LIVING!

(410) 531-2410 http://www.healthylivingstrategies.net/

On Behalf Of Namaska7Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 9:24 PM Subject: Re: Hello All!/oatgroats/oatmeal

Oat Groats , and Steel Cut Oats are two different products.

Oat Groats must be soaked for three days. Oat Groats are alive and are small seed like groats .

Steel Cut Oats have been processed. Not like Oat flakes but still processed. That's why they soften quicker.

Nancy , your recipe sounds Great !

Lynda Carter C.N.C.

www.aliveandraw.com