IndiaDivine.org

Live Foods Restaurant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We are planning for the first of the year. Still working out last minute kinks. Will make a grand announcement when I have a firm date. Jeannette safiyyah <safiblack wrote: Does anyone have an update on the raw place that is supposed to be coming a few doors down from Glut in Mt. Rainier, MD?Thanks

Does your place have a name, or are you not giving that info out? I

am just asking for info because people are asking me about raw food

places in DC. There are people coming here from out of town in

February and they are concerned about staying raw while in DC.

It would be nice to have some actual details on the business. I've

heard through the grapevine that something is coming, but what kind

of business is it? Is it a carry out, eat in, all raw vegan, some

cooked, a juice bar? Will there be dehydrated foods or mostly salads?

S~~

, Jeannette Carson <nija312 wrote:

>

> We are planning for the first of the year. Still working out last

minute kinks. Will make

> a grand announcement when I have a firm date.

>

> Jeannette

>

>

> safiyyah <safiblack wrote:

> Does anyone have an update on the raw place that is

supposed to be

> coming a few doors down from Glut in Mt. Rainier, MD?

>

> Thanks

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Mojo Juice Spot will be opening very soon ( a few weeks hopefully) in takoma park, dc. our website is www.mojojuicespot.com and we will be primary serving live foods (pizzas, rice dishes, salads, fruit pies, cheese cakes, burgers, lasanga, nut milks, smoothies, and fresh juices). To my knowledge, there has never been a place here in dc that has committed itself to making live food cuisine on this level. So with Quest for Fresh opening in Mount Ranier and us in Takoma, dc area residents should have a choices like being LA, or NYC. Our place will be a comfy eat in or take out place. One of our goals is to be one of the primary places in dc for live foodists to come hang out and have a great selection of live food dishes on a daily basis that you can't get from any other place in the dc metro area. The other primary goal is to introduce vegetarians and other health conscious folk to the flexibility of

the live food cuisine. We will be doing ongoing classes and other fun things like a monthly movie night where we can come together as like minded folk, watch spiritual and health conscious documentaries while enjoying great food. Lastly, we will also be interested in purchasing prepared food from local chefs like Lynda Carter so that her local clientele can find her food without driving to richmond or fredericksburg.

Much love, Khepere

For people who don't live nearby but who are interested, will

you post any of the videos or documentaries you recommend?

Your restaurant sounds amazing and I have heard good things

about your " uncooking " ! I went to an all raw vegan restaurant

in Gainesville, FL, and was thrilled to hear one was opening in

DC.

--- khepere wrote:

> Mojo Juice Spot will be opening very soon ( a few weeks

> hopefully) in takoma park, dc. our website is

> www.mojojuicespot.com and we will be primary serving live

> foods (pizzas, rice dishes, salads, fruit pies, cheese cakes,

> burgers, lasanga, nut milks, smoothies, and fresh juices). To

> my knowledge, there has never been a place here in dc that has

> committed itself to making live food cuisine on this level.

> So with Quest for Fresh opening in Mount Ranier and us in

> Takoma, dc area residents should have a choices like being LA,

> or NYC. Our place will be a comfy eat in or take out place.

> One of our goals is to be one of the primary places in dc for

> live foodists to come hang out and have a great selection of

> live food dishes on a daily basis that you can't get from any

> other place in the dc metro area. The other primary goal is

> to introduce vegetarians and other health conscious folk to

> the flexibility of the live food cuisine. We will be doing

> ongoing classes and other fun things

> like a monthly movie night where we can come together as like

> minded folk, watch spiritual and health conscious

> documentaries while enjoying great food. Lastly, we will also

> be interested in purchasing prepared food from local chefs

> like Lynda Carter so that her local clientele can find her

> food without driving to richmond or fredericksburg.

>

> Much love, Khepere

Anne Marie Sadler (Anny) 410-900-0011

" The highest wisdom is kindness. " -Yiddish proverb

" ...consumption of livestock products is clearly linked to... risk of

transmissible encephalopathies...coronary artery disease, colon and possibly

other forms of cancer, diabetes, hypertension, obesity, and infection with

salmonella, campylobacter, and E.coli O157:H7, among others. Making meat “safe”

is not a realistic or attainable goal. Ironically, while the feeding of animal

remains to other animals is now acknowledged as a dangerous practice that is

restricted in some countries, the feeding of animal remains to humans is

encouraged by government programs and massive industry efforts. "

-Tabrizi SJ, Scaravilli P, Howard RS, Collinge J, Rossor MN. Creutzfeldt-Jakob

disease in a young woman.

I would like to add that anything we or myself personally can do to see A Quest for Fresh become a reality for the community, let me know! It is very challenging but at the same time uplifting to see a place grow from a concept and vision in your mind to a physical real manifestation. I was reminded today that as we help others we help ourselves and god knows I could use help to help Mojo get open by next month as well. I would like to thank the sister that reminded me of that today. So with the giving season, the sure way to receive is to give first. Jeannette, or anyone else that may be on this group that is associated with Quest, contact me if necessary, 202-489-8476. I am looking forward to also being your first customer!!! I would also like to thank Skai in bmore for the work and leadership she has provided through her place at the yabba pot with her raw food challenges, you have been an inspiration for me. We all have to su

pport and love each other. Much love and good health to everyone and their families as we move into 2007. May we all first set goals (health and otherwise) that move us forward individually and collectively. Let us remember that our bodies are our most valuable and only asset that we own, fasting, yoga, and raw foods are the way!

To Perfect Health in 2007 and beyond... Khepere

-------------- Original message -------------- Jeannette Carson <nija312

We are planning for the first of the year. Still working out last minute kinks. Will make

a grand announcement when I have a firm date.

Jeannette

safiyyah <safiblack (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Does anyone have an update on the raw place that is supposed to be coming a few doors down from Glut in Mt. Rainier, MD?Thanks

Thanks for the contact. Hotep!

Michael V Colbert

khepere

Tue, 26 Dec 2006 2:28 PM

Re: Re: Live Foods Restaurant

Mojo Juice Spot will be opening very soon ( a few weeks hopefully) in takoma park, dc. our website is www.mojojuicespot.com and we will be primary serving live foods (pizzas, rice dishes, salads, fruit pies, cheese cakes, burgers, lasanga, nut milks, smoothies, and fresh juices). To my knowledge, there has never been a place here in dc that has committed itself to making live food cuisine on this level. So with Quest for Fresh opening in Mount Ranier and us in Takoma, dc area residents should have a choices like being LA, or NYC. Our place will be a comfy eat in or take out place. One of our goals is to be one of the primary places in dc for live foodists to come hang out and have a great selection of live food dishes on a daily basis that you can't get from any other place in the dc metro area. The other primary goal is to introduce vegetarians and other health conscious folk to the flexibility of the live food cuisine. We will be doing ongoing classes and other fun things like a monthly movie night where we can come together as like minded folk, watch spiritual and health conscious documentaries while enjoying great food. Lastly, we will also be interested in purchasing prepared food from local chefs like Lynda Carter so that her local clientele can find her food without driving to richmond or fredericksburg.

Much love, Khepere

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

The name of the restaurant is A Quest for Fresh. It will be a sit down/carryout restaurant, 90% raw with some soups and sandwiches and definitely a juice bar. Jeannette safiyyah <safiblack wrote: Does your place have a name, or are you not giving that info out? I am just asking for info because people are asking me about raw food places in DC. There are people coming here from out of town in February and

they are concerned about staying raw while in DC.It would be nice to have some actual details on the business. I've heard through the grapevine that something is coming, but what kind of business is it? Is it a carry out, eat in, all raw vegan, some cooked, a juice bar? Will there be dehydrated foods or mostly salads?S~~ , Jeannette Carson <nija312 wrote:>> We are planning for the first of the year. Still working out last minute kinks. Will make> a grand announcement when I have a firm date.> > Jeannette > > > safiyyah <safiblack wrote:> Does anyone have an update on the raw place that is supposed to be > coming a few doors down from Glut in Mt. Rainier, MD?> > Thanks> > > > > >

> > > > Do You ?

Khepere, Thank you for your kind words of encouragement and your willingness to become involved. Sister Alfreeya Robinson deserves special praise for remaining steadfast to her dream of opening A Quest for Fresh on 34th street in Mount Rainer. You are right, it is very challenging. She has worked diligently for over 4 years to get the doors open. I have just recently become involved in helping to speed up the process and am excited that we are now very close to making things happen.. I will pass this email on to Alfreeya and have her call you. I am also very pleased and excited to hear about the planned opening of Mojo in Takoma Park. The more the merrier. We too plan to have raw food classes, along with many other exciting activities. I also understand that Delights of the Garden, a raw food

restaurant that was the only one available in this area a few years ago and had to close plans to reopen very soon in the same location on Georgia Ave. So folks, looks as if we will have many long awaited opportunities to remain on course and improve our healh in 2007. We must plan some collaborative ventures. Will keep you informed about Quest. Jeannette khepere wrote: I would like to add that

anything we or myself personally can do to see A Quest for Fresh become a reality for the community, let me know! It is very challenging but at the same time uplifting to see a place grow from a concept and vision in your mind to a physical real manifestation. I was reminded today that as we help others we help ourselves and god knows I could use help to help Mojo get open by next month as well. I would like to thank the sister that reminded me of that today. So with the giving season, the sure way to receive is to give first. Jeannette, or anyone else that may be on this group that is associated with Quest, contact me if necessary, 202-489-8476. I am looking forward to also being your first customer!!! I would also like to thank Skai in bmore for the work and leadership she has provided through her place at the yabba pot with her raw food challenges, you have been an inspiration for me. We all have to su pport and love each

other. Much love and good health to everyone and their families as we move into 2007. May we all first set goals (health and otherwise) that move us forward individually and collectively. Let us remember that our bodies are our most valuable and only asset that we own, fasting, yoga, and raw foods are the way! To Perfect Health in 2007 and beyond... Khepere -------------- Original message -------------- Jeannette Carson <nija312 > We are planning for the first of the year. Still working out last minute kinks. Will make a grand announcement when I have a firm date. Jeannette safiyyah <safiblack (AT) hotmail (DOT) com>

wrote: Does anyone have an update on the raw place that is supposed to be coming a few doors down from Glut in Mt. Rainier, MD?Thanks