IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Raw Family Newsletter Feb 07

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Victoria <victoria wrote: "Victoria " <victoriaRaw Family Newsletter Feb 07shortydempDate: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 21:14:22 -0500 (EST) In this issue: 1. Igor’s Lentil Spread 2. Victoria’s announcement about the new book 3.

Excerpt from Victoria’s new book 4. Current schedule of Victoria’s lectures 5. A photo of Igor’s Morning Routine 6. Our Educational Package, 34% savings. 7. Our new DVD “Interview With Sergei” accepted by a Raw Film Festival 8. One Woman’s Powerful Testimony =================================== Igor’s Lentil Spread This is a perfect recipe for the cold season when we crave heavier foods. ½ cup sprouted lentils ½ cup sprouted garbanzo beans 1 medium avocado 3 green onions 1 Tablespoon Nama Shoyu (raw soy sauce) 1 Tablespoon olive oil Blend all ingredients in food processor for one minute or until smooth. Spread over your favorite cracker, raw bread, or lettuce leaf. ================================================ Victoria’s announcement: Dear Friends: I am thrilled to announce that my newest book just went to print and will be available in about three weeks. It is being published by North Atlantic Books. This book started out as an attempt to revise the original version of “12 Step to Raw Foods.” While working on this project I found so much new data that I ended up writing a totally new book. Since I kept 25% of the material from the original version, I kept the title the same. You may view the table of content of the new book by clicking here: In addition, please enjoy the following excerpt from one of the new chapters. I invite you to preorder “12 Steps to Raw Foods” now from my website – www.rawfamily.com. The first 50 people will receive an autographed copy. The old version of “12 Steps to Raw Foods” will still be available on our web site at a discounted price until we run out of stock. In Health, Victoria -------------------------------- ©2007 Copyrighted material! Please reference this source when sharing this information: www.rawfamily.com Excerpt from Victoria’s new book. What the First Humans Ate “History teaches everything, including the future.” - Alphonse de Lamartine Once, when I was a little girl, my father took me to an archeological site located near the Azov Sea. There, scientists were excavating the ancient Greek town of Tanais from 5th century B.C. We were surprised to discover that this ancient town was positioned so deep in the ground. During the past 25 centuries, it gradually had become covered by almost 30 feet of dirt. We had to climb down many steps to reach its narrow streets and tiny stone homes surrounded by stone fences. Tanais was so well preserved, that it was easy to imagine it full of people. I was mesmerized by my feelings of physical closeness to prehistoric life.

In addition to wandering the streets of Tanais, we were permitted to touch some newly excavated artifacts. Many small, broken, and other nonessential pieces were left at the site after they were thoroughly studied by the scientists. We found many small fragments of broken ceramic dishes, covered with curious patterns. I especially remember a very unusual looking petrified fish, which looked as if it had recently been dried. I immediately made plans to bring this 2,500 year old fish back to school with me, but as soon as I touched it with the tips of my fingers, it collapsed into powder. Not long ago, I found myself equally mesmerized when I read about recent

archeological discoveries. The article talked about the thirteen oldest human skeletons unearthed in East Africa[1]. The scientists dated them at 3.6 million years and named them “the first family.” These hominids* had curved phalanges, or finger bones, which means the creatures were agile tree-climbers. Also, they had very thick enamel on their teeth; and their molars were large and square, similar to other creatures that chew lots of greens[2]. Scientists believe that the first humans spent the majority of their time in the branches of trees because that habitat offered much-needed protection from predators and supplied fruit and green leaves, and thus the tree-climbing adaptation developed. The earliest humans, known as “Australopithecus,” dwelled in East Africa about 3.6 million years ago. At that time, the land of East Africa was covered by tropical rainforest. It made sense to me that they lived in the tropics because heavy annual rainfall, high humidity, and hot temperatures year around ensured an abundance of food for all the inhabitants of the rainforest. I have heard amazing

stories from people who traveled to the tropical rainforest about the countless varieties of fruits, all of different shapes, sizes, and colors. Some of these fruits even grow directly off the trunks of the trees. The variety of fruit-bearing plants in the tropical rainforest reaches almost three hundred different specimens, very few of which have been cultivated. Sweet fleshy fruits attract not only birds and mammals but even fish, when the fruit rolls into the water. Due to the wealth of fruit, most of the animals in the tropical rainforest live in the canopy, which is the upper part of the trees. There is so much food available up there year round that some animals never descend to explore the forest floor. (I could definitely live like that if only I could get my computer up

there!) Based on my research, I speculate that the food of the first humans initially consisted of the following items. (This is a long chapter and I cannot publish it all here. Victoria) Ó Copyright 2007 by Victoria Boutenko. Please reference this source when sharing this information: www.rawfamily.com --- To view current schedule of Victoria’s lectures please -- To view a photo of Igor’s Morning Routine please -- Our most popular buy! 34% savings! Educational Package is available now at www.rawfamily.com BooksGreen for Life 12 Steps to Raw Food Raw Family - A True Awakening Eating Without Heating DVDs/CDsNew! 12 Steps to Raw Foods Greens can Save your Life Is Raw Food for YouRaw Gourmet Dishes Simplified Spiritual Awakening with Raw Food Two free bonuses with each Package: One 9oz pack of Igor’s freshly made crackers One Poster, The Ten Benefits of Green Smoothies Dear Friends: Our new DVD “Interview With Sergei” has been accepted at The Very First Ever Raw Film Festival to be held 16th-18th March 2007 at MOA in West Hollywood, California For detailed information please go to http://www.serenityspaces.org/spring.asp To watch a trailer of this DVD -------- One Woman’s Powerful Testimony Being a mother of four kids (ages 17, 15, 13, and 11) has motivated me to eat better despite the

fact that my children don’t want to hear about healthy eating most of the time. I started to have some health problems after my last child was born. I had migraine headaches every day. My doctor wanted to put me on medication and gave me free samples. One time I seriously thought about it as I sat and cried over the pain which also took my attention away from my children. I read about the side effects and threw the samples away. They sounded worse than what I was already dealing with. Deep inside myself I knew that my body was lacking some nutrients. My hair was not growing well and was turning gray while I was only 30. At that time a friend recommended to me a diet of fruits, vegetables, and brown rice. This helped tremendously. After about a year, I decided that I was “healed” and went back to my old way of eating. To keep myself awake I drank a lot of coffee. To relax in

the evenings I would drink a couple of beers. The headaches came back right away, accompanied by varicose veins and a lump in my breast. I was extremely tired all the time and my hair had gotten thin. I started to develop problems with my blood sugar level. I often became irritable, sweaty, and panicky. Life just wasn’t fun. At that time I began working at the health food store where I began to receive answers to some of the questions I had about my problems. Alternative health practitioners told me that I had no hydrochloric acid and terrible digestion. They said I was in cancerous condition and extremely toxic. I also had dark spots on my face. At this time I began to read books about raw foods and started incorporating them into my diet. At first it was very hard. I lost a lot of weight and was told I was too thin by many people, including my family. My friends asked if I was doing the right thing. The most difficult thing was to cut coffee and beer. I switched to herbal coffee and only drank beer on Saturdays. This ended up feeling like torture. It was extremely hard to focus on Mondays because I would be tired from a bad food weekend. It took until Wednesday before I would feel better again. The body would have three days to heal before I put in on the roller coaster ride again. One day I realized I needed to get off beer and coffee entirely. I got a dog so that we could jog together. This was very helpful. I could really tell when I wasn’t eating well because I simply couldn’t jog as much. I asked my husband not to drink in front of me. That was hard. We used to always have a beer together when he got home from work. It took me six

months to get over drinking beer. Now I don’t care if someone is drinking around me. I don’t crave beer anymore. After being completely raw for a month I would sometimes lapse into letting myself have some cooked food, usually popcorn. Only then would I be reminded of the taste of beer. I feel once you have done wrong it is as if you have let yourself down and then you get into a pattern of punishing yourself and let all the good intention go. I began to rely on a number of raw food books as a personal support system. It has been three years now since I first got started eating raw. After being thin for a while I have miraculously returned to my ideal weight. I am at the weight I was when I was a teen, only more fit. One of the most important things I learned was how to deal with the healing crisis that I would experience on several occasions. I am glad that I had read about them in several books otherwise I may have been turned away from the good I was doing for my body. On three occasions my tongue turned charcoal black, which I learned was a result of a deep detoxing. I had many strange things happen. My breasts expelled dark green stuff. I refrained from calling my doctor despite the fact that I was a bit worried. Then the lump in my breast started to go away. I went through a time where I had such extreme gas that my family avoided being around me. I understand that this was a result of the awakening of my digestive system and luckily this period went away quickly. On another occasion I had a strange boil come up in my mouth that lasted for about four months. As I drank more greens it went down and now it is gone. I have learned

not to worry when these strange healing events happen. I learned how to grow greens like Ann Wigmore and made energy soup according to her recipe as much as I could. It didn’t taste the best and it was a little hard to stay with. Then I heard about green smoothies. I tried it and it was good. They tasted so good that I got my son to start drinking them even though he hates vegetables and greens. He felt so energized from them that we have made them a regular breakfast. Now one of my daughters is drinking green smoothies and loves them too. I have three more in the family and hope they will try them someday soon. I feel better than I ever have before. I’ve learned to like greens. They satisfy me and now I feel more content with my diet. When the body receives what it needs the cravings go away and

you start to focus on the things that make you feel better. You truly do get in touch with your body if you choose to listen to it. Kay L., Missouri Please note: Previous issues of the Raw Family Newsletter are now available free of charge on our website: www.rawfamily.com If you have signed up before but are not yet receiving the newsletter, it may be because of your anti-spam program. Every time we send the newsletter out, we receive over 1000 returns due to the anti-spam programs. Make sure we are added to your address book! [1] HumanPrehistory. Anistoriton, an electronic Journal of History, 2005, http://users.hol.gr/~dilos/prehis.htm * Hominid. Anthropologists use this term

to meanhumans and their direct and near-direct ancestors. Wikipedia, the freeencyclopedia on internet, http://en.wikipedia.org [2] Boauz N. Quarry:Closing in on the Missing Link. The Free Press, New York City,1993 To /change profile: To : Raw Family Publishing280 East Hersey StreetUnit 7Ashland , Oregon 97520 Email list management powered by http://MailerMailer.com

It's here! Your new message!Get

new email alerts with the free Toolbar.