IndiaDivine.org

raw vegan intentional community

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hi kids,

several people at linda's potluck on saturday voiced an interest in a raw food community so i thought i'd send this message to the list, just incase there are other's interested.

an old raw friend of mine, forest, is looking for 'land partners' in an intentional community on the big island of hawaii. some of you may have met forest at zita's potluck a couple of weeks ago. forest and i just spent two weeks together talking about his project and we're planning on a 'conference' of interested folks on the big island in early november. at this time, the date is flexible depending on people's schedules ( a raw seattle campout???)

forest has been working on/dreaming about this project for almost 20 years and has done alot of the ground work... all he needs is people. i'm pretty committed and plan to spend the winter on the big island 'testing the waters' and looking for a larger site. if you're at all curious about the community or just need a inexpensive tropical vacation, you're welcome to stay at his place in one of his rental cabins for a *small* fee. feel free to contact me for more info. you can also write to forest at forest

here's the addy for the website. http://www.lavazone2.com/forest/ read the faq for more information. also, helen sun has been to forest's place. ask her to bring her hawaii photos to a potluck.

looking forward,norm in bellingham

~~~ something wonderful you can do for yourself and all life on earth is to eat a diet of organic unprocessed foods that are free of animal products. ~~~

Guest guest

Alright. Helen, please bring your Hawaii pictures to the next

potluck you attend. Thanks.

>also, helen sun has been to forest's place. ask her to bring her

>hawaii photos to a potluck.

Guest guest

Cool, Norm! Be sure not to conflict the November dates with the Raw Bali trip. :-)

I'm interested. Could I be the group travel agent? If we get a large enough group together, we could probably score some cheaper airfare. That IS in the tourist season, eh? Actually, I'm ready for tropical weather long about January or February. That's when it really gets dreary around here. :-)

Keep up the good work. I'm interested in what Forest has done by way of community building, consensus decision processes, selection process, etc. Does he have experience in building an intentional community?

Talk to ya soon. Linda

" kelpguy " <kelpguy

RawSeattle

Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:13:50 -0700

RawSeattle

[RawSeattle] raw vegan intentional community

hi kids,

several people at linda's potluck on saturday voiced an interest in a raw food community so i thought i'd send this message to the list, just incase there are other's interested.

an old raw friend of mine, forest, is looking for 'land partners' in an intentional community on the big island of hawaii. some of you may have met forest at zita's potluck a couple of weeks ago. forest and i just spent two weeks together talking about his project and we're planning on a 'conference' of interested folks on the big island in early november. at this time, the date is flexible depending on people's schedules ( a raw seattle campout???)

forest has been working on/dreaming about this project for almost 20 years and has done alot of the ground work... all he needs is people. i'm pretty committed and plan to spend the winter on the big island 'testing the waters' and looking for a larger site. if you're at all curious about the community or just need a inexpensive tropical vacation, you're welcome to stay at his place in one of his rental cabins for a *small* fee. feel free to contact me for more info. you can also write to forest at forest

here's the addy for the website. http://www.lavazone2.com/forest/ read the faq for more information. also, helen sun has been to forest's place. ask her to bring her hawaii photos to a potluck.

looking forward,

norm in bellingham

~~~ something wonderful you can do for yourself and all life on earth

is to eat a diet of organic unprocessed foods that are free of animal products. ~~~

Guest guest

Sure I will bring the photos. You may be disappointed though because I am

not a good photographer. I'll try to gather my writing about the trip to

Hawaii and post the report if that helps.

Helen

-

" Eric Scott Farris " <rawseattle

<RawSeattle >

Monday, July 30, 2001 4:00 PM

[RawSeattle] Re: raw vegan intentional community

> Alright. Helen, please bring your Hawaii pictures to the next

> potluck you attend. Thanks.

>

> >also, helen sun has been to forest's place. ask her to bring her

> >hawaii photos to a potluck.

>