IndiaDivine.org

Raw-ish Cinco de Mayo

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello,

My name is March and I'm a busy mother of two young ones trying to go raw.

I've been mostly raw for about six weeks. I've gone to a couple raw

potlucks and I thought maybe I could invite people to a raw-ish potluck

during my cinco de mayo fiesta. My husband is from Mexico and we choose to

celebrate our mixed heritage as much as possible. However, many of our

other friends are not raw so I thought I could mix everyone together. I

made sure in my invitation to insist that people precisely label their

potluck dishes as I have friends who are vegan, vegetarian, meat-eaters,

raw, and with food allergies of various sorts! I am also okay with others

bringing alcoholic beverages although I don't like them personally and won't

be offering them myself. I live in a cohousing community and am having the

event in our very large common house with plenty of activities for kids, a

pinata to break open (no candy....just toys), a variety of food & drink, and

good music....dance if you wish...the floor is cork and perfect for dancing

on!

All this said, I'm wondering if people in the raw community are generally

okay with going to events that offer mixed foods? And, I would be able to

quite easily segregate the foods completely on different tables to avoid

confusion. What other things could I do to make this comfortable?

Yours,

March

Guest guest

hello march,

it sounds like a good party to me. i would go to it. letting us know beforehand it isn't all raw is good. but sometimes we need to mix with the non-raw community. i'm considering having a mixed potluck in may as well. so i'm curious how this will turn out.

good luck on your path to rawdom.

joe

>"March Twisdale"

>RawSeattle >

>[RawSeattle] Raw-ish Cinco de Mayo >Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:38:30 -0700 > >Hello, > >My name is March and I'm a busy mother of two young ones trying to go raw. >I've been mostly raw for about six weeks. I've gone to a couple raw >potlucks and I thought maybe I could invite people to a raw-ish potluck >during my cinco de mayo fiesta. My husband is from Mexico and we choose to >celebrate our mixed heritage as much as possible. However, many of our >other friends are not raw so I thought I could mix everyone together. I >made sure in my invitation to insist that people precisely label their >potluck dishes as I have friends who are vegan, vegetarian, meat-eaters, >raw, and with food allergies of various sorts! I am also okay with others >bringing alcoholic beverages although I don't like them personally and won't >be offering them myself. I live in a cohousing community and am having the >event in our very large common house with plenty of activities for kids, a >pinata to break open (no candy....just toys), a variety of food & drink, and >good music....dance if you wish...the floor is cork and perfect for dancing >on! > >All this said, I'm wondering if people in the raw community are generally >okay with going to events that offer mixed foods? And, I would be able to >quite easily segregate the foods completely on different tables to avoid >confusion. What other things could I do to make this comfortable? > >Yours, >March > > > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com.

Guest guest

March

What a wonderful invitation!

I am Mexican and I have been raw for almost a year and a half. My family is

not and I have been preparing traditional foods for them as well as raw

foods for myself for a very long time. Before I became raw I was a Vegan

and previously a Vegetarian. I make several different meals at one time.

While attending the raw support group meetings many would ask me how I

could do this.

I found that I had removed the judgment about my family's choice. They have

not chosen the same lifestyle that I have and that is OK with me. I love

them all very much and it is only through my own example will they come to

the realization of what is possible.

In the meantime I bless all our food and we enjoy each others company.

I hope your event is successful and many attend to help celebrate community.

I will do my best to attend depending on what develops with my family (there

is an event penciled in on our family calendar)

Light and Love

Ramona

-

" March Twisdale " <march

<RawSeattle >

Wednesday, April 10, 2002 6:38 PM

[RawSeattle] Raw-ish Cinco de Mayo

> Hello,

>

> My name is March and I'm a busy mother of two young ones trying to go raw.

> I've been mostly raw for about six weeks. I've gone to a couple raw

> potlucks and I thought maybe I could invite people to a raw-ish potluck

> during my cinco de mayo fiesta. My husband is from Mexico and we choose

to

> celebrate our mixed heritage as much as possible. However, many of our

> other friends are not raw so I thought I could mix everyone together. I

> made sure in my invitation to insist that people precisely label their

> potluck dishes as I have friends who are vegan, vegetarian, meat-eaters,

> raw, and with food allergies of various sorts! I am also okay with others

> bringing alcoholic beverages although I don't like them personally and

won't

> be offering them myself. I live in a cohousing community and am having

the

> event in our very large common house with plenty of activities for kids, a

> pinata to break open (no candy....just toys), a variety of food & drink,

and

> good music....dance if you wish...the floor is cork and perfect for

dancing

> on!

>

> All this said, I'm wondering if people in the raw community are generally

> okay with going to events that offer mixed foods? And, I would be able to

> quite easily segregate the foods completely on different tables to avoid

> confusion. What other things could I do to make this comfortable?

>

> Yours,

> March

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

ramona dear, this is my special thanks for replying

to march's invitation the way only you could have...

and i congratulate march for taking THE s t e p ...

this has got to be greatly supported in every way

we can, march's efforts and words are what i am

looking

for when thinking about a better world...i am greatly

affected and very appreciative...see you both soon...

when and where... a t t i l a ...

> March

>

> What a wonderful invitation!

>

> I am Mexican and I have been raw for almost a year

> and a half. My family is

> not and I have been preparing traditional foods for

> them as well as raw

> foods for myself for a very long time. Before I

> became raw I was a Vegan

> and previously a Vegetarian. I make several

> different meals at one time.

>

> While attending the raw support group meetings many

> would ask me how I

> could do this.

>

> I found that I had removed the judgment about my

> family's choice. They have

> not chosen the same lifestyle that I have and that

> is OK with me. I love

> them all very much and it is only through my own

> example will they come to

> the realization of what is possible.

>

> In the meantime I bless all our food and we enjoy

> each others company.

>

> I hope your event is successful and many attend to

> help celebrate community.

> I will do my best to attend depending on what

> develops with my family (there

> is an event penciled in on our family calendar)

>

> Light and Love

>

> Ramona

>

> -

> " March Twisdale " <march

> <RawSeattle >

> Wednesday, April 10, 2002 6:38 PM

> [RawSeattle] Raw-ish Cinco de Mayo

>

>

> > Hello,

> >

> > My name is March and I'm a busy mother of two

> young ones trying to go raw.

> > I've been mostly raw for about six weeks. I've

> gone to a couple raw

> > potlucks and I thought maybe I could invite people

> to a raw-ish potluck

> > during my cinco de mayo fiesta. My husband is

> from Mexico and we choose

> to

> > celebrate our mixed heritage as much as possible.

> However, many of our

> > other friends are not raw so I thought I could mix

> everyone together. I

> > made sure in my invitation to insist that people

> precisely label their

> > potluck dishes as I have friends who are vegan,

> vegetarian, meat-eaters,

> > raw, and with food allergies of various sorts! I

> am also okay with others

> > bringing alcoholic beverages although I don't like

> them personally and

> won't

> > be offering them myself. I live in a cohousing

> community and am having

> the

> > event in our very large common house with plenty

> of activities for kids, a

> > pinata to break open (no candy....just toys), a

> variety of food & drink,

> and

> > good music....dance if you wish...the floor is

> cork and perfect for

> dancing

> > on!

> >

> > All this said, I'm wondering if people in the raw

> community are generally

> > okay with going to events that offer mixed foods?

> And, I would be able to

> > quite easily segregate the foods completely on

> different tables to avoid

> > confusion. What other things could I do to make

> this comfortable?

> >

> > Yours,

> > March

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

I'm impressed...I've been having trouble the last week. I'd love to chat about how to get through the first hurdle of staying off cooked foods. Especially as I am preparing it in my home so the temptation is always there.

March

-

sturtevants

RawSeattle

Thursday, April 11, 2002 10:37 AM

Re: [RawSeattle] Raw-ish Cinco de Mayo

MarchWhat a wonderful invitation!I am Mexican and I have been raw for almost a year and a half. My family isnot and I have been preparing traditional foods for them as well as rawfoods for myself for a very long time. Before I became raw I was a Veganand previously a Vegetarian. I make several different meals at one time.While attending the raw support group meetings many would ask me how Icould do this.I found that I had removed the judgment about my family's choice. They havenot chosen the same lifestyle that I have and that is OK with me. I lovethem all very much and it is only through my own example will they come tothe realization of what is possible.In the meantime I bless all our food and we enjoy each others company.I hope your event is successful and many attend to help celebrate community.I will do my best to attend depending on what develops with my family (thereis an event penciled in on our family calendar)Light and LoveRamona-"March Twisdale" <march<RawSeattle >Wednesday, April 10, 2002 6:38 PM[RawSeattle] Raw-ish Cinco de Mayo> Hello,>> My name is March and I'm a busy mother of two young ones trying to go raw.> I've been mostly raw for about six weeks. I've gone to a couple raw> potlucks and I thought maybe I could invite people to a raw-ish potluck> during my cinco de mayo fiesta. My husband is from Mexico and we chooseto> celebrate our mixed heritage as much as possible. However, many of our> other friends are not raw so I thought I could mix everyone together. I> made sure in my invitation to insist that people precisely label their> potluck dishes as I have friends who are vegan, vegetarian, meat-eaters,> raw, and with food allergies of various sorts! I am also okay with others> bringing alcoholic beverages although I don't like them personally andwon't> be offering them myself. I live in a cohousing community and am havingthe> event in our very large common house with plenty of activities for kids, a> pinata to break open (no candy....just toys), a variety of food & drink,and> good music....dance if you wish...the floor is cork and perfect fordancing> on!>> All this said, I'm wondering if people in the raw community are generally> okay with going to events that offer mixed foods? And, I would be able to> quite easily segregate the foods completely on different tables to avoid> confusion. What other things could I do to make this comfortable?>> Yours,> March>>>>>>

Guest guest

March

You are welcome to call me at anytime. My home number is 425-228-5168 My work number is 253-939-0885, I work M-F until about 2:30 and Thursdays I am at the store after 4 until close.

I found that it is what I focused on that helped me to change my diet. I have been following my spiritual path more diligently and with full intent. It was Spirit that guided me to my diet changes.

In hind sight I saw that I had become a vegetarian and then a vegan and that I was not guided to raw food until I was ready.

Each time my diet changed because I wanted to grow more spiritually not because of health or weight loss reasons. I think that focus allowed me to change without the cravings.

Coming from a very ethnic food background I am asked do I miss it and I can say there are times I desire foods that are a bit spicier and I have worked with different types but it is different and not the same. I find I enjoy the smells more than before but I do not need to eat the foods because that would not be in my best interest at this time. I have worked very hard to improve my "vehicle" (body) in ALL its aspects for the work that I must do. That is my focus. I am a combination of many different aspects and once are all brought into balance it will be perfection. This is the goal for all of us.

Enjoy the journey.

Light and Love

Ramona

-

March Twisdale

RawSeattle

Saturday, April 13, 2002 9:32 PM

I'm impressed...I've been having trouble the last week. I'd love to chat about how to get through the first hurdle of staying off cooked foods. Especially as I am preparing it in my home so the temptation is always there.

March

-

sturtevants

RawSeattle

MarchWhat a wonderful invitation!I am Mexican and I have been raw for almost a year and a half. My family isnot and I have been preparing traditional foods for them as well as rawfoods for myself for a very long time. Before I became raw I was a Veganand previously a Vegetarian. I make several different meals at one time.While attending the raw support group meetings many would ask me how Icould do this.I found that I had removed the judgment about my family's choice. They havenot chosen the same lifestyle that I have and that is OK with me. I lovethem all very much and it is only through my own example will they come tothe realization of what is possible.In the meantime I bless all our food and we enjoy each others company.I hope your event is successful and many attend to help celebrate community.I will do my best to attend depending on what develops with my family (thereis an event penciled in on our family calendar)Light and LoveRamona-"March Twisdale" <march<RawSeattle >Wednesday, April 10, 2002 6:38 PM[RawSeattle] Raw-ish Cinco de Mayo> Hello,>> My name is March and I'm a busy mother of two young ones trying to go raw.> I've been mostly raw for about six weeks. I've gone to a couple raw> potlucks and I thought maybe I could invite people to a raw-ish potluck> during my cinco de mayo fiesta. My husband is from Mexico and we chooseto> celebrate our mixed heritage as much as possible. However, many of our> other friends are not raw so I thought I could mix everyone together. I> made sure in my invitation to insist that people precisely label their> potluck dishes as I have friends who are vegan, vegetarian, meat-eaters,> raw, and with food allergies of various sorts! I am also okay with others> bringing alcoholic beverages although I don't like them personally andwon't> be offering them myself. I live in a cohousing community and am havingthe> event in our very large common house with plenty of activities for kids, a> pinata to break open (no candy....just toys), a variety of food & drink,and> good music....dance if you wish...the floor is cork and perfect fordancing> on!>> All this said, I'm wondering if people in the raw community are generally> okay with going to events that offer mixed foods? And, I would be able to> quite easily segregate the foods completely on different tables to avoid> confusion. What other things could I do to make this comfortable?>> Yours,> March>>>>>>

Guest guest

March

Since my diet changes many friends come up to me and ask what CAN I have to eat. I correct them by telling them that I CAN have anything I want. I CHOOSE to have raw food.

I hope this helps you with your own choices.

Light and Love

Ramona

-

March Twisdale

RawSeattle

March

-

sturtevants

RawSeattle

Guest guest

Yes...today someone said, "Oh, you can't cheese, can you?" My first thought was that I can have cheese, but yes I might choose to not have it. Instead I said that cheese isn't raw so if I was just having raw food then I wouldn't choose to eat it. Thanks for the thoughts...

March

-

sturtevants

RawSeattle

Sunday, April 14, 2002 8:13 PM

March

Since my diet changes many friends come up to me and ask what CAN I have to eat. I correct them by telling them that I CAN have anything I want. I CHOOSE to have raw food.

Light and Love

Ramona

-

March Twisdale

RawSeattle

March

-

sturtevants

RawSeattle

Guest guest

March

Good for you!!!!

Light and Love

Ramona

-

March Twisdale

RawSeattle

Sunday, April 14, 2002 9:33 PM

Yes...today someone said, "Oh, you can't cheese, can you?" My first thought was that I can have cheese, but yes I might choose to not have it. Instead I said that cheese isn't raw so if I was just having raw food then I wouldn't choose to eat it. Thanks for the thoughts...

March

-

sturtevants

RawSeattle

Sunday, April 14, 2002 8:13 PM

March

Light and Love

Ramona

-

March Twisdale

RawSeattle

March

-

sturtevants

RawSeattle