IndiaDivine.org

simple juicing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hello y'all,

i was wondering about juicing with wheatgrass in the simplest way possible. does anyone know of any problems "wadging", or juicing wheatgrass by grinding with the teeth and spitting out the pulp, and swallowing the juice. i have been trying this. i seem to get alot better yield of juice from wadging, and perhaps it is better for the teeth and gums. i get a mild burning sensation while chewing it. it feels good. also alot simpler, as i don't have to buy a juicer, or clean one.

i may also juice with sunflower and buckwheat greens. currently looking for a home sprouting system for wheatgrass, sunflower, buckwheat, alfalfa, et al. if anyone knows of the best system, please let me know that also.

thanks,

joe

Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: Click Here

Guest guest

"joe williamson" <jrwmojo@h...> Sat May 4, 2002 9:24 am simple juicing

joe wrote:

hello y'all,

i was wondering about juicing with wheatgrass in the simplest way possible. does anyone know of any problems "wadging", or juicing wheatgrass by grinding with the teeth and spitting out the pulp, and swallowing the juice. i have been trying this. i seem to get alot better yield of juice from wadging, and perhaps it is better for the teeth and gums. i get a mild burning sensation while chewing it. it feels good. also alot simpler, as i don't have to buy a juicer, or clean one.

norm wrote:

the only negative i've heard/read concerning mouth juicing grass is that the cellulous of gramineous plants ( the grass family) is pretty tough on our digestive systems so don't swallow... other-wise enjoy. i've done some mouth juicing but i've done most of my grass juicing with a pedal powered "health fountain" juicer. i seem to move in and out of juicing and like you, i'm moving towards 'simplicity' (um.. does this include puters???) and my juicer just sits there while i focus on eating whole unprocessed foods.

joe wrote:

i may also juice with sunflower and buckwheat greens. currently looking for a home sprouting system for wheatgrass, sunflower, buckwheat, alfalfa, et al. if anyone knows of the best system, please let me know that also.

norm here:

i've read that all of the above, cept for the wheatgrass, can be grown on soiless trays to the dicod stage with optimal nutrition. it's from the dicod stage on that the sprouts start needing nutrients (soil or hydroponics). the wheatgrass should have soil for best nutrition altho some folks have grown it 'soiless' and it looks great. (???) i could demo for you, or anyone else interested, my simple 'no fail' soiless method of tray spouting but it's too complicated to do on this forum. if enuf people are interested, maybe someone down there could host a potluck/sprout workshop gathering. a sink with a hose sprayer would be optimal for the demo.

norm :))~

...... raw food, simply delicious .....

Guest guest

Hi Norm,

I would LOVE it if you would demo this at one of my potlucks.

Currently, the next one is scheduled for 5/25, the Saturday of

Folklife weekend. Does anybody wish me to re-schedule it? I, for

one, would like to attend as much Folk Life as possible.

Could we do a Folk Life Potluck instead? Anybody interested in this?

We could meet in front of the Road House (dance hall) and together

find a place to sit and eat the food we brought.(somewhere around the

crowded fountain?) Say...regular potluck time? 5pm?

Discussion anyone?----

smiles--Linda

> norm here:

> i've read that all of the above, cept for the wheatgrass, can be

grown on soiless trays to the dicod stage with optimal nutrition.

it's from the dicod stage on that the sprouts start needing nutrients

(soil or hydroponics). the wheatgrass should have soil for best

nutrition altho some folks have grown it 'soiless' and it looks

great. (???) i could demo for you, or anyone else interested, my

simple 'no fail' soiless method of tray spouting but it's too

complicated to do on this forum. if enuf people are interested, maybe

someone down there could host a potluck/sprout workshop gathering. a

sink with a hose sprayer would be optimal for the demo.

>

> norm :))~

>

> ..... raw food, simply delicious .....

Guest guest

norm,

maybe you could show me how you do sprouting at your next potluck. are you having one this weekend?

joe

>"kelpguy"

>RawSeattle >

>[RawSeattle] Re: simple juicing >Sun, 5 May 2002 21:50:18 -0700 > >"joe williamson"

>Sat May 4, 2002 9:24 am >simple juicing > >joe wrote: > >hello y'all, >i was wondering about juicing with wheatgrass in the simplest way possible. does anyone know of any problems "wadging", or juicing wheatgrass by grinding with the teeth and spitting out the pulp, and swallowing the juice. i have been trying this. i seem to get alot better yield of juice from wadging, and perhaps it is better for the teeth and gums. i get a mild burning sensation while chewing it. it feels good. also alot simpler, as i don't have to buy a juicer, or clean one. > >norm wrote: > the only negative i've heard/read concerning mouth juicing grass is that the cellulous of gramineous plants ( the grass family) is pretty tough on our digestive systems so don't swallow... other-wise enjoy. i've done some mouth juicing but i've done most of my grass juicing with a pedal powered "health fountain" juicer. i seem to move in and out of juicing and like you, i'm moving towards 'simplicity' (um.. does this include puters???) and my juicer just sits there while i focus on eating whole unprocessed foods. > >joe wrote: >i may also juice with sunflower and buckwheat greens. currently looking for a home sprouting system for wheatgrass, sunflower, buckwheat, alfalfa, et al. if anyone knows of the best system, please let me know that also. > >norm here: >i've read that all of the above, cept for the wheatgrass, can be grown on soiless trays to the dicod stage with optimal nutrition. it's from the dicod stage on that the sprouts start needing nutrients (soil or hydroponics). the wheatgrass should have soil for best nutrition altho some folks have grown it 'soiless' and it looks great. (???) i could demo for you, or anyone else interested, my simple 'no fail' soiless method of tray spouting but it's too complicated to do on this forum. if enuf people are interested, maybe someone down there could host a potluck/sprout workshop gathering. a sink with a hose sprayer would be optimal for the demo. > >norm :))~ > >..... raw food, simply delicious ..... > > > Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. Click Here