IndiaDivine.org

wanna sprout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

> > My husband wants to start sprouting. Can any of you recommend any > specific sprouters? Or steer us away from bad ones? Any other > suggestions?> > This one looks easy, but is this a good one? > http://www.sproutamo.com/default.htm> > Trin>

hi trin,

before i was known as the kelpguy, i was called the sprout guy cuz sprouts made up the bulk of my diet.

i don't have any personal experience with the store bought sprouters but i find jar sprouting to be inexpensive and easy. i've attached a word file with instructions for starting alfalfa sprouts in jars and transferring them to trays. alfalfa can also be grown to maturity in jars but it's hard to green them for the chlorophyll unless you do small quantities. bean sprouts (mung, lentil, aduki, garbanzo and the like) can also be grown easily in jars. there's brief instructions on growing bean sprouts on page two of the attachment.

some of the supply sources are local b'ham but you should be able to find the supplies anywhere. i found alfalfa and bean seed way cheaper in the food co-ops. i order things like radish, kale, onion, peas from the seed companies. some seeds like mustard and dill can be found in the food co-ops also for a good price.

here's the link for territorial http://www.territorial-seed.com/ which is missing in the supplies list.

happy sprouting...

norm :))~

...... raw food, simply delicious .....

Guest guest

Thanks a ton, Norm! I really appreciate that info.

We (hubby, myself, & 2 kiddos) are not raw, just vegan. My husband

and I are interested in the whole family going more raw then we are

now, and sprouting seems a logical next step for us.

Trin

Guest guest

hi trin...> Re: wanna sprout> > Thanks a ton, Norm! I really appreciate that info.

thinking about it... i believe the main cause of sprout failures is not rinsing the sprouts a minimum of twice a day. poor seed would be #2.

> > We (hubby, myself, & 2 kiddos) are not raw, just vegan. My husband > and I are interested in the whole family going more raw then we are > now, and sprouting seems a logical next step for us.> > Trin

hey... you're on your way. veganism is wonderful but when it comes to personal health *raw food* is where it's at.

norm :))~

...... raw food, simply delicious .....