IndiaDivine.org

4th of july

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hi folks,

hey... emerald's having a gathering at bremerton on sunday, july 6th (see http://www.rawseattle.org/ for details) and as another 4th weekend option, i'm offering my place near b'ham to anyone who wants to camp-out here, let's say... wednesday eve thru sunday. just let me know when your coming. you can use my place for a base camp to hike or whatever, you can even go to the b'ham fireworks. we can have a potluck, campfire, put a canoe on the pond for the kids and there's clothing optional sunbathing and garden weeding <ha...>, ummm... providing the sun cooperates. bring your coconut shells for the campfire and extra compost for the garden.

the fireworks are about 10pm thursday nite but i'm told that watching the seattle display on tv is a better option, but... no tv here, so let's have a campfire!!! i don't know what the noise regulations are and i've got one immediate neighbor that 'blows em off' but in the past things got reasonably quiet around 11pm (no guarantee) and as an extra, the frogs should be singing cuz they seem to like loud noises.

norm :))~~~~ raw food... simply delicious ~~~

Guest guest

if you're a lacto-ovo vegetarian you could take veggie bars. in my neck

of the woods they're all gone by the end of the first meal, but if you

would have leftover, you'd probably want to keep ice packs under them or

keep them cool in some way, due to the mayo. but here's the recipe:

Vegetable Bars

2 8-oz packages of cream cheese

1 cup mayo (or miracle whip)

2 pkgs. pillsbury crescent rolls

1 package hidden valley ranch dressing (or good seasons italian --

although i've never tried that)

3/4 cup each, chopped or shredded: green pepper, cheddar cheese,

cauliflower, broccoli, tomato. (i buy these already cut up from a

produce section if i'm in a hurry and i add red onion -- my personal

preference:-)

Bake rolls spread out on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 7--8 minutes

until lightly browned to make a crust . let cool for 10 minutes while

mixing softened cream cheese with mayo and dressing. spread over rolls

and top with various veggies and cheddar cheese. press in lightly to

hold veggies in place and put in refrigerator. cut into bars and serve.

take care.... rita

" Home is what catches you when you fall -- and we all fall. "

Guest guest

Rita, thanks for this recipe it sounds yummy. I had these once at a party and loved them.

jane

if you're a lacto-ovo vegetarian you could take veggie bars. in my neckof the woods they're all gone by the end of the first meal, but if youwould have leftover, you'd probably want to keep ice packs under them orkeep them cool in some way, due to the mayo. but here's the recipe:Vegetable Bars2 8-oz packages of cream cheese1 cup mayo (or miracle whip)2 pkgs. pillsbury crescent rolls1 package hidden valley ranch dressing (or good seasons italian --although i've never tried that)3/4 cup each, chopped or shredded: green pepper, cheddar cheese,cauliflower, broccoli, tomato. (i buy these already cut up from aproduce section if i'm in a hurry and i add red onion -- my personalpreference:-)Bake rolls spread out on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 7--8 minutesuntil lightly browned to make a crust . let cool for 10 minutes whilemixing softened cream cheese with mayo and dressing. spread over rollsand top with various veggies and cheddar cheese. press in lightly tohold veggies in place and put in refrigerator. cut into bars and serve.take care.... rita"Home is what catches you when you fall -- and we all fall."contact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list